Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Hey Alwarren, good to see a custom reload for the M4A1s... indeed, it is inspired in PR reload animation, but as you didn´t pulled the charging handle, the first movement - that the M4A1 is tilted left - could be eliminated, thus the rest of the animation would be smoothed as you´d have less actions in the same reload time, anyway, the ejection port should be "inspected" in the reload anim once (at the end of the process)!

Just my 2cc and I hope to see custom anims in the remington pack too (if it is not too much of a hassle)

cheers =)

Well, the way I understood it from some instructional video I saw, you first tilt it over to see if the bolt is open and not jammed, to prevent you from loading a good magazine into a jammed weapon. Then you reload and hit the bolt release, which would chamber a round. Finally you check that the bolt is fully engaged and you don't need to forward assist to close it.

I do not have any personal experience with M4's myself, in my army time we used the HK G3A3, and that had an entirely different operating system (Roller delayed blow-back vs. gas-operated). The bolt would never lock in the rear automatically, and you have to pull and rotate the charging lever to lock it in the open position to reload a mag.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong :)

Well, the way I understood it from some instructional video I saw, you first tilt it over to see if the bolt is open and not jammed, to prevent you from loading a good magazine into a jammed weapon. Then you reload and hit the bolt release, which would chamber a round. Finally you check that the bolt is fully engaged and you don't need to forward assist to close it.

You´re right, thou the animation doesn´t pull the charging handle, it makes sense (in a safety procedural way) to check the ejection port twice... thou you may increase the reload time, as I´ve said, less actions or more time would make the animation less robotic (however ppl would bitch they got pwned cus the reload time was too long lol)

Anyway, the animation is quite good, maybe we´re just too spoiled by mocap anims in other games ;)

cheers!

;2624902']Anyway' date=' the animation is quite good, maybe we´re just too spoiled by mocap anims in other games ;)[/quote']

Speaking of which, this ticket needs vots ;)

Alwarren,

During Armaholic's "down time," I've been trying to download from your site and both times I've tried, I've received corrupted files. The one I just got from Foxhound seems to be good, but figured I'd give you a heads up. Maybe the 'trons just don't want to come all the way from Germany to the US this week.

Alwarren,

During Armaholic's "down time," I've been trying to download from your site and both times I've tried, I've received corrupted files. The one I just got from Foxhound seems to be good, but figured I'd give you a heads up. Maybe the 'trons just don't want to come all the way from Germany to the US this week.

Thanks. I think there is something wrong with the download manager we use on the web site, I'll check if there is a better one. In general, when I test-download it, it works for me, but you're not the first to point it out, so it must be something with the backend, since the file is okay.

Thank you for great updating. I like this mod even more!!:)

And, I have a question.

do you have plans these vanilla Stanag magazines compatibility?

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green"

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red"

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow"

In coop mission, the magazines compatibility is important to share the ammo.

I'll be happy with that.

Thank you for great updating. I like this mod even more!!:)

And, I have a question.

do you have plans these vanilla Stanag magazines compatibility?

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green"

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red"

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow"

In coop mission, the magazines compatibility is important to share the ammo.

I'll be happy with that.

These must be new, but this add on goes back to the early days of Alpha. I'll add compatibility in the next update.

These must be new, but this add on goes back to the early days of Alpha. I'll add compatibility in the next update.

Thanks in advance!

I'm looking forward to it;)

Finally got around to testing this newer version out. A few things I noticed:

-When you pull an M4 out of the crate and then pull out a magazine to reload it, the reload animation doesn't have an actual magazine shown. Not sure if that is a bug or just the way the animations work in A3...haven't verified if vanilla weapons do the same but I've never noticed it before.

-When reloading an M203 round, the magazine pops out of the magwell briefly during the animation.

-When you use a larger scope on the M4 with M203, the grenade "sight" seems to get blocked by the scope model, sometimes clipping through the camera and/or entirely blocking your view (this may be related to FHQ Accessories as well)

Overall, great mod, love the guns and the sounds. The scope assortment is great, too.

I've just noticed a very minor thing with the reload animation that irks the physics know-it-all in me. When tipping the weapon to check the extraction port, the character rotates the gun about the axis of the wrist. This would be difficult in real life because you would have to rotate the center of mass of the gun around your wrist.

It's much easier and natural to rotate the gun about its center of mass (ie, around the axis of the bore), with the hand moving around it like a lever.

09 seconds in, -very- short moment but you can see it briefly here. The rest of the video is interesting from an anatomical study perspective, since in Arma we don't just have to deal with the arms to animate like in all other games, but with the whole body more or less. Going to far, though, really all I wanted to point out that it would look more natural if the reload would rotate the gun about its center of mass, rather than the arm-wrist axis.

Finally got around to testing this newer version out. A few things I noticed:

-When you pull an M4 out of the crate and then pull out a magazine to reload it, the reload animation doesn't have an actual magazine shown. Not sure if that is a bug or just the way the animations work in A3...haven't verified if vanilla weapons do the same but I've never noticed it before.

That's a bug with the animation system. I reported it a long time ago (here) but so far, it still persists.

-When reloading an M203 round, the magazine pops out of the magwell briefly during the animation.

I seem to remember the standard weapons having the same issue.

-When you use a larger scope on the M4 with M203, the grenade "sight" seems to get blocked by the scope model, sometimes clipping through the camera and/or entirely blocking your view (this may be related to FHQ Accessories as well)

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it. The M203 has the sight on top of the barrel, so it's in line with the scope.

Overall, great mod, love the guns and the sounds. The scope assortment is great, too.

I09 seconds in, -very- short moment but you can see it briefly here. The rest of the video is interesting from an anatomical study perspective, since in Arma we don't just have to deal with the arms to animate like in all other games, but with the whole body more or less. Going to far, though, really all I wanted to point out that it would look more natural if the reload would rotate the gun about its center of mass, rather than the arm-wrist axis.

I'll see what I can do. I don't have control over the right hand in this anim since it's IK'ed. I could animate the right hand too but then I would have to do it all by myself.

Alwarren ,can you make your M4 compatible with the MK262 ammo in RH's M4 pack?I think this kind of ammo is nessecary!

Just a suggestion,mate!

Alwarren ,can you make your M4 compatible with the MK262 ammo in RH's M4 pack?I think this kind of ammo is nessecary!

Just a suggestion,mate!

Hm, I am reluctant to do that since it would make the pack depend on another M4 pack just for a different ammo type. Unfortunately, there is still no universal magazine system in place in Arma 3,

I would also suggest allowing us to use the TMR bipods!

No idea how that works. I'll look into it.

Nice animation expecially i'm glad you change VFG grip model

but when i reload the weapon it pull back to chest so it's queit hard to see reload animation in first person, and also it's looks hard to character it self. I suggest stay the stock at sholder and only rotate the gun

also prone position's animation need a bit fix

and still that reflect sound is too artificial, and i can't agree that those reflect sounds are happend in every shooting time, whenever or wherever, with same sound

I can agree if i shoot yours in mountin area that's make sense

but it's really unrealistic when i heard reflect sound at vast yard or inner side structure such as cave or house, are you plan to add or edit those sound? otherwise it's really really strange and too artifical to me.

Except that every thing fine animations are good. thoguh those reload sound is a bit small and not complexed

i suggest change sound or give a config to choose current reflect sound or removed one

and fix some animation

nicely done sir

Edited by kgino1045

Hm, I am reluctant to do that since it would make the pack depend on another M4 pack just for a different ammo type. Unfortunately, there is still no universal magazine system in place in Arma 3,

No idea how that works. I'll look into it.

But you can see what EricJ did,his weapons compatible with the MK262 and still don't need RH's weapon pack as a requirement mod.

But you can see what EricJ did,his weapons compatible with the MK262 and still don't need RH's weapon pack as a requirement mod.

That isn't possible, not without trickery. If you want to use a class from another addon, you have to add a dependency. If you don't, you will get error messages. You might not see them, but they will be in your RPT file.

Again, what would be needed is a magazine compatibility class, much like I proposed for the rails. Unfortunately, my proposal wasn't implemented, it would have been much more general than what made it into the game, and the same type of system would have been useful for the magazines - just define a class of magazine as e.g. Stanag, and every magazine flagged as Stanag would fit into every gun that has such a magazine well could use it. Anything else is hacking. And for the record, I just tried EricJ's weapon pack, I get an error message about the missing class for the Mk262 magazine when I place a box in the editor (along with a number of other error messages in the RPT).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to make anything optional without changing the config itself. If you reference a class in your config, you have to declare it somewhere, and you have to add the dependency to the addon that declares the class, anything else will result in error messages. AFAIK my addons are without error messages or RPT span, and I'd like to keep it like that :)

That isn't possible, not without trickery. If you want to use a class from another addon, you have to add a dependency. If you don't, you will get error messages. You might not see them, but they will be in your RPT file.

Again, what would be needed is a magazine compatibility class, much like I proposed for the rails. Unfortunately, my proposal wasn't implemented, it would have been much more general than what made it into the game, and the same type of system would have been useful for the magazines - just define a class of magazine as e.g. Stanag, and every magazine flagged as Stanag would fit into every gun that has such a magazine well could use it. Anything else is hacking. And for the record, I just tried EricJ's weapon pack, I get an error message about the missing class for the Mk262 magazine when I place a box in the editor (along with a number of other error messages in the RPT).

To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to make anything optional without changing the config itself. If you reference a class in your config, you have to declare it somewhere, and you have to add the dependency to the addon that declares the class, anything else will result in error messages. AFAIK my addons are without error messages or RPT span, and I'd like to keep it like that :)

Apologies for butting in, as the issue does not really affect me. :p

There is another workaround, but it's not really awesome and universal as the common mag well you proposed. You could provide an optional .pbo that adds mag compatibility and dependency to your weapon classes. Those who use and want the Mk262 mags can use it, and those who don't can remove it. But, of course, this opens the can of worms of what happens when another addon appears with more Stanag mags.

Edited by Sniperwolf572

Yeah but then there will be a collection of those. I already want one for jrrs,. Every feature thus added doubles the number of extra configs.

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

Yeah but then there will be a collection of those. I already want one for jrrs,. Every feature thus added doubles the number of extra configs.

Yep, was just editing my post to add that downside of it. :)

Great work! Really like your mod!

There's just one thing that I noticed. With the vertical foregrip in first person, you still grip the M4 as you'd without the foregrip. The 3rd person grip is normal. Just a 1st person issue. Just a small issue in a otherwise great mod, but still kinda annoys me ;)

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

Please be sure to check out my realistic ballistics for ArmA III thread in completed if you have not done so yet, both EricJ and RobertHammer are using my values, the code is open source as long as I am given the appropriate credit where needed.

The custom animation coming with this pack makes my eyes hurt.

I rather have the default one. Is this possible ?

Great work! Really like your mod!

There's just one thing that I noticed. With the vertical foregrip in first person, you still grip the M4 as you'd without the foregrip. The 3rd person grip is normal. Just a 1st person issue. Just a small issue in a otherwise great mod, but still kinda annoys me ;)

I am not sure what you mean, since there is no distinction between 3rd and first person. They're using exactly the same hand anims.

Please be sure to check out my realistic ballistics for ArmA III thread in completed if you have not done so yet, both EricJ and RobertHammer are using my values, the code is open source as long as I am given the appropriate credit where needed.

I'll have a look, thanks for the pointer :)

The custom animation coming with this pack makes my eyes hurt.

Try aspirin ;)

I rather have the default one. Is this possible ?

No.