Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Looks like PWS still has an old version of your addon, 1.4. :( I was also here to complain about missing sounds, but it seems like it is indeed a version issue.

I would think so too, yes. Thanks for the confirmation!

Is there any chance of you having already finished that beta version yet? the Dev branch people already have it. The forums are going wild over it

Is there any chance of you having already finished that beta version yet? the Dev branch people already have it. The forums are going wild over it

Not quite sure what you mean. I haven't tried the beta yet with the M4's, but that's on devbranch only right now. I'll try to have updates available when the beta comes out for real.

Sorry about that. I wasn't really thinking when I posted and was wondering if you had the beta version available, since the devbranch has beta already.

Btw, can we be expecting anything completely new in the beta version? Like a new variant, a new silencer model etc...

Edited by 13isLucky

13isLucky as far as i can tell all the mods still work. If you did not notice you have to turn all your mods back on.

Sorry about that. I wasn't really thinking when I posted and was wondering if you had the beta version available, since the devbranch has it already.

Btw, can we be expecting anything completely new in the beta version? Like a new variant, a new silencer model etc...

Not yet. I've got a new ACOG in the accessory pack with the 3D scopes, but other than that, it's just rotating muzzle flashes and no new features. I do plan, however, to update the pack with a few more variants later; first of all, though, I am going to make updates for the beta and then start with the Remington pack before coming back to the M4's.

I've got a new ACOG in the accessory pack with the 3D scopes....

Sweet! When do we get it? :D

Sweet! When do we get it? :D

I'll try to wrap it up over the weekend, so that they are in time with the Beta release.

Just released a new update. Notable new features include compatibility with Arma 3 Beta, new sound, and new random muzzle flash. Okay, that's not only the notable but the only new features :)

Download link in the first post. Enjoy !

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Dont know if you know of the problem but when you have the gun silenced and fire the ugl it plays the silenced shot sound.

I've noted down some opinions of the new M4s since you updated this morning:

- I'm not a fan of the new sounds. They seem too fake to me.

- I love the AFG models.

- I still think the textures need to be redone - they're good. But seem bland and undetailed.

Good update. Will be posting my thought on the new ACOG in the accessories thread.

Edited by SpectreRSG

You don't see the front post while looking through a acog. Need to remove that and only show the reticle.

---------- Post added at 23:06 ---------- Previous post was at 22:54 ----------

Also you need to remove that fireball, government issue m4's have flash hiders on them. And so does your model.

---------- Post added at 23:07 ---------- Previous post was at 23:06 ----------

The textures aren't good, they're completely unauthentic. ALong with the front post still, the new acog and the sounds still sound like a pistol.

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Again, thanks a lot Foxhound :)

Dont know if you know of the problem but when you have the gun silenced and fire the ugl it plays the silenced shot sound.

This is a known issue and happens with all guns. There's already a ticket in the tracker for this.

- I'm not a fan of the new sounds. They seem too fake to me.

They're actually a live recording of an M16. Not a big fan of it myself, waiting for Fluttershy to send me his recordings. But I wanted to ward against further changes in the naming of the sounds, so I made a custom one.

- I love the AFG models.

Glad you like them :) I think I need to tweak the hand position of the left hand a bit, looks kind of awkward.

- I still think the textures need to be redone - they're good. But seem bland and undetailed.

Well, I guess something like textures is always a matter of taste. At the moment, I don't plan to make new ones, I'd like to concentrate on the Remington Pack now. I'll eventually make new variants of the M4 (at least one with a different buttstock) and I will have to do new textures for that.

Good updated. Will be posting my thought on the new ACOG in the accessories thread.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Alwarren, if you want I can take a look at your PSD for your textures and see what I can come up with that you may like. PM for further if you're interested.

Great pack, as always. I was having a look in the forums when I saw a post on how "GestureReloadSMG_02" is a more accurate reload animation for AR-type platform. I'm not sure how true this is, but since I don't have an AR model... well I'm curious, that's it.

Great pack, as always. I was having a look in the forums when I saw a post on how "GestureReloadSMG_02" is a more accurate reload animation for AR-type platform. I'm not sure how true this is, but since I don't have an AR model... well I'm curious, that's it.

IIRC, it "uses" the bolt release on the right spot, but it would require me to re-do the timing of the anim, and possibly re-position the gun, including new hand anims and stuff... I'd rather avoid that.

Hey there,

i downloaded the new update for your addon, and i didn´t like the new sounds, yes i know that the sounds are not yet done, but i used your sounds and some of my own library and third party librarys to make a "new" sound, use them if you like it, i hope it is no problem that i used your sound in this?!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21216498/M4_single.wav

regards

Hubi

Hey there,

i downloaded the new update for your addon, and i didn´t like the new sounds, yes i know that the sounds are not yet done, but i used your sounds and some of my own library and third party librarys to make a "new" sound, use them if you like it, i hope it is no problem that i used your sound in this?!

regards

Hubi

I like it. Just maybe turn the tone level down a tad. Its a bit loud. I used to play around with the CH Abrams but the main gun sounded like a nuke was going off..

Hey Alwarren, just to let ya know, when you click on the 1.7 Armaholic link in the 1st post- it actually takes you to your accessories pack :)

Hey Alwarren, just to let ya know, when you click on the 1.7 Armaholic link in the 1st post- it actually takes you to your accessories pack :)

Thanks for the heads-up, corrected now :)

---------- Post added at 19:49 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Hey there,

regards

Hubi

Thanks, I think I will use that one :)

Hay Alwarren can you give the sound more volume.. not louder but more BOOOM :) i love this weaponpack!

Hay Alwarren can you give the sound more volume.. not louder but more BOOOM :) i love this weaponpack!

I don't like the sound either, but I wanted a custom sound because I didn't want to get into a situation where the names changed again. I'll either use the one Hub01 posted, or see if I can find a real M4 sound anywhere...

Well, actually the sound I am using right now is from an M4, but the recording wasn't good.