Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

Both worked here when I tried them right now; I don't know why they wouldn't work for you, but both archives downloaded and extracted without error. ??

Download not working for me either. Tried downloading multiple times aswell with no luck.

Edited by PhoenixSPM

Downloaded and extracted without issues here. Thanks for your work and for using ASDG-JR Alwarren !

Download not working for me either. Tried downloading multiple times aswell with no luck.

same here

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Not sure is it proper sound

Should i heard a little "thick!" sound after every each shots? even i shot close object?

Not sure is it proper sound

Should i heard a little "thick!" sound after every each shots? even i shot close object?

Every gun should have a little clicking sound. It's the trigger mechanism resetting.

Every gun should have a little clicking sound. It's the trigger mechanism resetting.

No it make sound after 1.5sec

like the gun shot fired from very far away

No it make sound after 1.5sec

like the gun shot fired from very far away

I am also getting this "pop" sound seconds after firing. Almost like the bullet impacting a reactive target downrange. Every shot is followed by the sound. It is not the weapon itself

This is an echo. When you fire a gun, there is always reflection of the sound from the landscape.

This is an echo. When you fire a gun, there is always reflection of the sound from the landscape.

Roger that, however I cannot reproduce the sound with any other weapons system other than your M4's. I will attempt to record a small video clip and post

*Edit*

th_arma32013-11-0218-05-08-816_zps03854b4e.jpg

Edited by WarLord554

Roger that, however I cannot reproduce the sound with any other weapons system other than your M4's. I will attempt to record a small video clip and post

The echo is in the sound effect.

The echo is in the sound effect.

What about compatibility with other mods that script in dynamic echo? I really like the sounds, but it'll be a clear conflict later on down the road.

What about compatibility with other mods that script in dynamic echo? I really like the sounds, but it'll be a clear conflict later on down the road.

I can always update it when a sound mod does something like that :)

I can always update it when a sound mod does something like that :)

With that said, HUGE upgrade. It feels like I'm shooting a proper gun now.

Gosh, I love those sounds, they're very nice. One thing though, did you change the textures? They look darker, in a way, and more one-tone.

Isn't this reflect sound supposed to happen in mountin area? not in every place? and since it's really unharmonic with other gun addons so why don't you share to jsrs or speed of sound to make it in common?

Isn't this reflect sound supposed to happen in mountin area? not in every place? and since it's really unharmonic with other gun addons so why don't you share to jsrs or speed of sound to make it in common?

Audio reflection happens in almost any terrain, with different degrees of loudness. Once JSRS adds the appropriate functionality, I'll see that the sounds work with JSRS. Personally, I like the sounds as they are. But it is impossible to please everyone, I'm afraid.

Unrelated:

I included the old ones so here are temporary download locations for the new ones until I find the time to fix things:

http://friedenhq.org/tmp/fhq_accessories.pbo.FHQ.bisign

http://friedenhq.org/tmp/fhq_m4_a3.pbo.FHQ.bisign

Just did a weapon mods evaluation for a co-op campaign and I found that the hand position/grip on the foregrip and grenade launcher variants are a bit weird. Could you please have a look at this Alwarren?

Just did a weapon mods evaluation for a co-op campaign and I found that the hand position/grip on the foregrip and grenade launcher variants are a bit weird. Could you please have a look at this Alwarren?

I agree. The problem with the hand position is that while I was doing these, the introduced the "flip gun side" motion for side-stepping, and there was horrible overstretch that is kind of hard to compensate. Also when lowering the gun, the hand angle is... weird. This was the best compromise I found.

However, I want to make new reload anims for these anyway now that I can use them in Blender, and that will also require new hand anims (since the starting pose must be correct) so I will certainly give it another go.

I agree. The problem with the hand position is that while I was doing these, the introduced the "flip gun side" motion for side-stepping, and there was horrible overstretch that is kind of hard to compensate. Also when lowering the gun, the hand angle is... weird. This was the best compromise I found.

However, I want to make new reload anims for these anyway now that I can use them in Blender, and that will also require new hand anims (since the starting pose must be correct) so I will certainly give it another go.

Look forward to the updates coming out m8. I really enjoy these guns as there are different camouflages to suit a variety of war theaters. Would you perhaps in the future be looking at adding more complex camo Like Multicam, A-TACS, MARPAT, AOR, etc.

Look forward to the updates coming out m8. I really enjoy these guns as there are different camouflages to suit a variety of war theaters. Would you perhaps in the future be looking at adding more complex camo Like Multicam, A-TACS, MARPAT, AOR, etc.

No promise. I'll look into it. I always wanted to make some variation models too, like Magpul accessories and things like that, but currently I am a bit spread out between projects.