Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

I'm not a sound designer but i made a "shoot" sound for the mod.. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/Vasilyevich/m4_final.mp3

@Hubi01 no offense but your sound sounds more like a cannon :)

Here is a preview in burst fire https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46305113/Vasilyevich/m4_prev_auto.mp3

o/

Thanks. I'll give both yours and Hubi01 a shot (no pun intended) in game to see how they sound :)

Thanks. I'll give both yours and Hubi01 a shot (no pun intended) in game to see how they sound :)

how do i fix or change the sound for the m4s anyone?

how do i fix or change the sound for the m4s anyone?

Open the .pbo, edit the .wss sound files and repack it as .pbo.

After hearing my custom sound ingame i tweaked it a bit, here are the new files:

Preview: M4_single.wav

M4_single.wss

M4_auto.wss (it's the same sound)

o/

Edited by Vasilyevich
new sound files

Open the .pbo, edit the .wss sound files and repack it as .pbo.

/

This is not the correct way, you should ask permission before you do this. You should't go an open someone else's work without permission its not the way of add-on making.

Indeed, and i did not publish any modified add-on files, just my custom .wss sound files for the mod author. Next time i will send such stuff as PM :)

Edited by Vasilyevich

seriously? are you demanding that the creator explain himself why he didnt spend a chunk of his free time to make something just to satisfy your needs?

why there is no Magpul grip in VFG like this?

http://www.armaholic.com/datas/users/m16a4_example_4bc0l5j_4.jpg (148 kB)

Hehe, good idea to show an image where the hand hides everything of interest :D

In any case, there is a version with a foregrip (two actually, a vertical and an Magpul AFG), not realy keen on making another one.

seriously? are you demanding that the creator explain himself why he didnt spend a chunk of his free time to make something just to satisfy your needs?

What do you expect. 9 Posts, registered in August 2013.

@kgino:

Today we learn how to ask Modders for features. Experienced users can skip this lesson. You can also use this lesson in private messages.

First of all, you should congratulate the modder on his release. Modding is taking a lot of free-time, and criticism and positive feedback helps to keep up the motivation. An example for a sentence like this would be: "Hello Username, I really like your Mod! I especially liked feature A,B,C".

Now we take it a step further. Ask friendly/suggest friendly a feature, which would you like to see. This could look like this: "Now, something I'd love to see would be "Feature name". You can see it on Mod XY by Author XY. Here is a picture of it. Any chance to see this on your mod?". Adding a reference author/mod helps the author, if he's interested to recreate it and saves time.

So, your sentence should look like this:

"Hello Username, I really like your Mod! I especially liked feature A,B,C. Now, something I'd love to see would be "Feature name". You can see it on Mod XY by Author XY. Here is a picture of it. Any chance to see this on your mod?"

Please try it again, kgino.

BTT: Love the new sound, even though some say it's not like the real M4 sounds. :) Keep it up!

Deleted

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Hehe, good idea to show an image where the hand hides everything of interest :D

In any case, there is a version with a foregrip (two actually, a vertical and an Magpul AFG), not realy keen on making another one.

no no i was meaning that hand

like thumbs to up position

I was talking about Fingering model D:

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 13:06 ----------

I appreciate your lesson, but can't deny that your teaching attitude quite make me humiliate.

---------- Post added at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

No there was a model in the picture, but there is no more model for today. I was talking about his fingering model :(

2013-03-12_00014.jpg

as you can see the thumbs goes up.

I assume that this picture probably update in the very first time. but don't know why he change the model to normal grip model. I can't find those reason in this 45 length pages

I'm not demanding i'm just asking that if i miss something to install another way to get those fingering model. why so serious?

I'm afraid that I don't really know what you mean :S

I believe kgino1045 is talking about how the soldier grips the vertical foregrip.

As it is the soldier has four fingers wrapped around the front of the grip, and his thumb looks like it is vertical, resting against the left side of the rifle's barrel. I think kgino would prefer that the soldier's thumb instead wrap around the back of the vertical foregrip.

Put another way: It looks like the soldier is holding the grip like he's giving a thumbs up sign, kgino wants it to look like he is holding it like a beer can.

Well IIRC the thumb curls around on the other side of the front grip, thumb upwards interfered with the laser/flashlight attachments. I can't check right now, though.

EDIT: Just managed to get a quick glance at them in-game. The current version has the thumb on the right side of the foregrip, much like in this picture. I believe that to be a rather natural way to hold it...?

Edited by Alwarren

EDIT: Just managed to get a quick glance at them in-game. The current version has the thumb on the right side of the foregrip, much like in this picture. I believe that to be a rather natural way to hold it...?

Natural, yes. Current modern day operator dynamic grip thingy, no. Apparently that's the 'even more proper' way.

Natural, yes. Current modern day operator dynamic grip thingy, no. Apparently that's the 'even more proper' way.

Any pictures of that? I plan to update the M4 pack somewhere in the future with a new version with a different stock, I might tweak hand anims in the course of it...

I believe kgino1045 is talking about how the soldier grips the vertical foregrip.

As it is the soldier has four fingers wrapped around the front of the grip, and his thumb looks like it is vertical, resting against the left side of the rifle's barrel. I think kgino would prefer that the soldier's thumb instead wrap around the back of the vertical foregrip.

Put another way: It looks like the soldier is holding the grip like he's giving a thumbs up sign, kgino wants it to look like he is holding it like a beer can.

Thanks for correct my question :)

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:26 ----------

Any pictures of that? I plan to update the M4 pack somewhere in the future with a new version with a different stock, I might tweak hand anims in the course of it...

Not sure you can see this image but here is it

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/z327/fotoeiro/LANBER/saiga12skeetb.jpg (177 kB)

I'm not asking or whining to you for making kind of this stuff. I just wonder because your screen shot shows me

2013-03-12_00014.jpg

this model, but in game it was showing normal griping.

no offense :)

Edited by kgino1045

this model, but in game it was showing normal griping.

no offense :)

None taken :)

I see what you mean. I chose this pose because I thought it would be the normal way to hold the front grip - all pictures I have seen seem to indicate that. As I said, I might revisit hand anims later.

In the meantime, you might be happier with the version with the Magpul AFG.

None taken :)

I see what you mean. I chose this pose because I thought it would be the normal way to hold the front grip - all pictures I have seen seem to indicate that. As I said, I might revisit hand anims later.

In the meantime, you might be happier with the version with the Magpul AFG.

Oh i enjoy your addon so much I've already play with AFG several times, and I satisfy so much because of your addon, Thanks for your good contribution :) Prost!

OH! and there is Steamworkshop finally opened :)

OH! and there is Steamworkshop finally opened :)

Missions not mods

Missions not mods

Actually, not YET as it should have been put. BI is working out their contract with Valve about when they can allow you guys to upload mods to the workshop.

for somehow I can't attach the suppressor in AFG :( What should i do :(:(

Edited by kgino1045

I've been trying to trouble-shoot this for a few days, but I haven't figured out what the issue is, so figured I'd ask here... The FHQ M4s aren't making any firing sounds anymore, much like a few weeks back when some of the configs got updated with a patch. I'm going to try and reinstall a fresh FHQ_M4 set of files again, but was wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this. I've tried this with just CBA and FHQ (thinking it might have been JSRS), and still the same problem.

Just installed it and the accessories pack. What a lovely weapon this is, the recoil is beautiful, it gives a sense of power but isn´t all over the place.

10/10!