Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

hey Al. I've had the same problem with missing sound in another addon Ive been working on. If your config references sound files, replace the .wav extension with .wss. You are all set if you are using custom sounds. It's likely that the ditching of .wav format is here to stay so the change in the config seems necessary.

I was hoping today's dev build would bring back suppressor sounds, but that's not the case.

Hm, changing the extension will most likely result in no sound on the regular builds, then... I guess it is time to go for custom sounds :)

Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Removing the extension and letting the game figure it out works :)

Edited by Alwarren

Hm, changing the extension will most likely result in no sound on the regular builds, then... I guess it is time to go for custom sounds :)

Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Removing the extension and letting the game figure it out works :)

feels od that the is able to figure out the fail on it own. But dont you worry Al - i will try to find a friend that uses a 5.56 Nato with at an at least 16 inch barrel so you can get some nice sounds recorded.

feels od that the is able to figure out the fail on it own. But dont you worry Al - i will try to find a friend that uses a 5.56 Nato with at an at least 16 inch barrel so you can get some nice sounds recorded.

Sweet :) That would be awesome.

Are you also planning on adding metallic shader used on default weapons? Without it M4 looks cardboard-ish at times.

Are you also planning on adding metallic shader used on default weapons? Without it M4 looks cardboard-ish at times.

I am using the same (super) shader as the default weapons, I might see about tweaking the settings. I was planning on reworing some of the shading (have started to do that with the accessory pack now) to include all maps including _as.

I have no sound [on dev build] what do i do?

I have no sound [on dev build] what do i do?

This has been discussed before in this thread. The dev build renamed sound effects, so the sound effects that the M4's use are no longer there.

I'm afraid things not working on the dev build is normal, after all, that build is always in flux. Right now, you'll have to wait for the next update of the M4 pack which will be compatible again.

Update on the Sounds Alwarren,

i got my crew together and we will hit the range on Saturday. Though i was unable to find anyone having a Gastube AR-15 Type rifle. I am no sound engi but i would say a Piston operated system will sound differently then a tube systems. Currently we are looking at 4 different AR-15 types we are going to record, you can then just pick your favourite of the bunch ^^

Update on the Sounds Alwarren,

i got my crew together and we will hit the range on Saturday. Though i was unable to find anyone having a Gastube AR-15 Type rifle. I am no sound engi but i would say a Piston operated system will sound differently then a tube systems. Currently we are looking at 4 different AR-15 types we are going to record, you can then just pick your favourite of the bunch ^^

Great news :) Happy Recording ;)

I saw two visuals bugs ( not really important, it's just a detail ).

When someone die with a M4A1 Black, I was this :

This is a problem with Arma 3, see this bug report on the issue tracker. The same happens with BIS weapons (iron sights come up again). The BIS weapons don't use hidden selection for the different camos, so they don't get recolored

The only critique I have after testing this is:

1. (texture) The camouflaged versions are in my opinion not camouflaged enough. Looks like two differently painted rifles put into one. Parts are tan-black-tan-black-tan-black and so on. I also feel there could be some wear done to the camouflage textures. Paint scratched and such details.

2. (texture) The lack of a normal-map baked of a high-poly-model make some edges come of as too sharp. Resulting in a blocky look in places. (Was pointed out as fat in a other thread)

3. (model) Something that is not really a problem, just though I'd point it out incase you somehow were not aware. The inside of the magwell has no texture and is see through from under. Could possibly just be a good thing too.

So, nothing major at all. Just thought I'd share my thoughts still :)

Edited by AlexVestin

The only critique I have after testing this is:

1. (texture) The camouflaged versions are in my opinion not camouflaged enough. Looks like two differently painted rifles put into one. Parts are tan-black-tan-black-tan-black and so on. I also feel there could be some wear done to the camouflage textures. Paint scratched and such details.

That's one for Fluttershy, he did the textures :) I thought about adding some wear, I had that on my previous textures for it.

2. (texture) The lack of a normal-map baked of a high-poly-model make some edges come of as too sharp. Resulting in a blocky look in places. (Was pointed out as fat in a other thread)

There is a normal map on it, I think though that Flutterhy made some modifications?

3. (model) Something that is not really a problem, just though I'd point it out incase you somehow were not aware. The inside of the magwell has no texture and is see through from under. Could possibly just be a good thing too.

Yeah, I actually more or less forgot that part. Since it wasn't that important I didn't add it, might as well ad a mag well and put it somewhere in a gap of the texture.

So, nothing major at all. Just thought I'd share my thoughts still :)

Thanks for sharing, I'll see what can be done about it.

Hi Alex,

to 1) I have not gone to far into detail with the hand-made paintjobs. The intention behind it was to create camo textures for the Rifles that look like someone actually sprayed them on the rifle during deployment, wear, miscolloration and other weathering effect that might affect the camo were not taken into consideration.

to 2) With no Highpoly bake, creating Normal maps is a pain to do. I worked with what i had and i am fine with the result for what was aviable.

to 2) With no Highpoly bake, creating Normal maps is a pain to do. I worked with what i had and i am fine with the result for what was aviable.

You know, I have a high-poly model, and I did bake the map. Haven't I send you that one?

Yeah, the normal map is nothing major anyway. I just noted the things that came to my mind when looking at the model.

The only part where I would think it's really noticable is in the front of the mag well.

And the paintjob. The only thing about it really would be that more wearing and scratches could suit it quite well.

Nothing overdone, just an edge here and there on the reciever and what not. Places that could get scratched easily.

Like so: http://imageshack.us/a/img526/6238/recovg.png

I'm a fan of used stuff over new stuff :)

Hey,

I'm not sure, but the weapons have no sounds, I've installed the mod via playWithSIX.

I'd be thankfull for any help.

Hey,

I'm not sure, but the weapons have no sounds, I've installed the mod via playWithSIX.

I'd be thankfull for any help.

It is because the sounds have been renamed by BI in an Alpha update. They're now trying to get custom sounds for the M4. Untill then we just have to wait.

If you scroll up / look back a couple pages you'll see what this is about. ;)

I'll try to release an update ASAP. I was a bit surprised the new Alpha is out already, I was expecting next week.

You know, I have a high-poly model, and I did bake the map. Haven't I send you that one?

Nope ^^ - thats why i remade the markings and such.

I'll try to release an update ASAP.

Fix for LLM01 body color?

Nope ^^ - thats why i remade the markings and such.

*soound of head hitting the desk*

Fix for LLM01 body color?

Wrong pack ;) That's in the Accessory pack, will come a bit later.