Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

I know the sounds are not optima, I have used the default sounds that come with Arma 3 (the TAR-21's sounds). I need to add some custom sounds, but those are hard to find.

Why not ask Jarhead? His sounds are excellent and he helped with sounds for CWR2 so he seems to be open for them being used in other mods.

Why not ask Jarhead? His sounds are excellent and he helped with sounds for CWR2 so he seems to be open for them being used in other mods.

Good idea, I should try that.

Just released version 1.4 of the pack as well as the new FHQ Accessories pack. First post updated with the details. As usual, enjoy! :)

Both look great. Thanks for the accessories.

I've noticed that your bolt carriers on your M4s look "shiny" (for lack of a better word). I know it's the future in A3, so maybe everyone has nickel boron bolts, but I was curious if that was intentional (instead of phosphate "flat balck" bolt carriers).

Again, these look great either way.

Both look great. Thanks for the accessories.

I've noticed that your bolt carriers on your M4s look "shiny" (for lack of a better word). I know it's the future in A3, so maybe everyone has nickel boron bolts, but I was curious if that was intentional (instead of phosphate "flat balck" bolt carriers).

Again, these look great either way.

Might be the specular map. I'll check it. As for the color, I suppose it was intended that way.

Nice job, really like the sights!

Not sure if this is for the accessory thread or not, but the red dot sight on the ACOG, well, it lacks the red dot. Also, when loading a 40mm grenade, the 5.56 magazine disappears for a while.

Great, thanks Foxhound. Updating first post with new link

All red-dot sights project that dot on objects in front of the gun even when not looking through optics.

(I'm running only AiA and CBA mods but I doubt they are the issue)

Sights like ACOG and thermal optics need more polygons to be round, they are too edgy atm. Aimpoint sight is good in this regard.

All red-dot sights project that dot on objects in front of the gun even when not looking through optics.

(I'm running only AiA and CBA mods but I doubt they are the issue)

Are you using the dev build? I heard about this problem when using the dev build, just trying it out myself.

EDIT: Just tried it myself, no such issue here. It works as expected. Can you try without AiA?

Sights like ACOG and thermal optics need more polygons to be round, they are too edgy atm. Aimpoint sight is good in this regard.

Yeah, I know... as I said, they need to be remodelled :)

Edited by Alwarren

From the "FHQ Accessories pack" thread:

I do think especially the Eotech could use a few more polygons. It is one of my first models, and as such, I committed the cardinal sin of not spending enough polygons on the part of the weapon that is directly in front of the viewers eyes. One thing I learned is that if you want to save some polygons, don't do it there because these items will be in the focus of the user for most of the time, and pretty close up as well. You will notice the Aimpoint has a lot more polygons for this specific reason.
EOTech's up for remodelling.

No mods but M4, dev build - red dots are still projected onto objects. Note that this doesn't happen with default BIS RCO for example.

No mods but M4, dev build - red dots are still projected onto objects. Note that this doesn't happen with default BIS RCO for example.

Well that's weird, I tried it here and it didn't do it...

Can I ask what graphics card you have? And can you test with the Eotech as well? That uses a slightly different method.

Any chance for bisign and serverkeys?

I'll try to provide one in the next update. Last time I checked, the download of the required tools didn't work, I'll test it again.

Alwarren, can you combine the accessory pack into the M4 mod if it's a dependency? Any reduction in the number of mods needed is a good thing!

Alwarren, can you combine the accessory pack into the M4 mod if it's a dependency? Any reduction in the number of mods needed is a good thing!

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

;)

The separation was done intentionally. I'll be releasing more weapons in the future (next up will probably be the ACR's and sniper rifles), these will also make use of the accessory pack. I didn't want to make the other weapon packs dependent on the M4's, and I didn't want each of them come with their own set of (identical) attachments, so factoring them out into a separate pack made the most sense.

I realize that this add another addon, and I am quite aware of the "problems" we'll be facing if we want to have missions use contemporary armies - it will most likely result in a lot of addons unless there are more "combined" packs being made. But for now, this method is the only viable alternative IMO.

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

;)

FINE! be that way then! ;-) haha no worries mate, it's not too big of a drama - we had a squad mission last night using the M4s with the accessory pack, it went really well - no dramas at all.

Any news about signatures and bikeys?

Apparently I can use the old utilities to generate the key, and the new BinPBO will generate the correct signature. The upcoming 1.5 release will have with keys (with luck, this weekend)

Al,

Really nice work, Thank You. I started with your pre-release and began working on a SP mission, using it as the only weapon for a Blufor in civies. After much frustration of things not working after the latest Beta update, I finally got it working and FoxHound posted it yesterday; Operation Cinderella.

So last night I see you had another update, along w/ acc. pack. DL'ed them, put 'em in dir, and added Steam Launch par.s for the acc. pack. So then I see CBA has an update as well. I never play MP, but I DL and update my dir anyway. Lastly I dl "The Way Home" from Eagle Eye, SP mission, which requires @NATO mod.

Start A3 Beta, spool up LongWay and ( your weapon pack ) and no sound on firing! No mag change sound either. So since then I have tried every configuration I can think of, even your pre release again ( w/out acc. pack of course ) and not even in the editor can I get the fire sound. It is identical to the suppressor, but on ALL weapons in pack, as if suppressor is on everything, along w/ no mag sound on anything. But... the GL sounds are on, except for no loading sound. So, what did I do??

Need to figure this out so I can debug my mission ( don't want to change weapons, which all BIS are working fine ). Again, Thanks. btw, not running @NATO at all.

Edited by wuffman

Need to figure this out so I can debug my mission ( don't want to change weapons, which all BIS are working fine ). Again, Thanks. btw, not running @NATO at all.

I suppose that is the Dev build you are using? I played "The Way home" as well and it worked. Might be that BIS changed the sound names in the dev build, I am using the samples from the TAR-21, but I was planning of including custom sounds with the next release anyway. But since there have been sound changes in the latest dev build, I would guess that is the problem.

Need to try out your mission :)

I suppose that is the Dev build you are using? I played "The Way home" as well and it worked. Might be that BIS changed the sound names in the dev build, I am using the samples from the TAR-21, but I was planning of including custom sounds with the next release anyway. But since there have been sound changes in the latest dev build, I would guess that is the problem.

Need to try out your mission :)

Indeed, the DEV build is what I am using. Looking forward to your next release, hope that will clear it up. My mission was released too soon, but with each update something else quit working ( code changes ) and I wanted to move on. But would like to make a clean, final concept that focuses on < 30 min. mission when all is working. Also would like to be able to select count and skill of enemy AI, but for now the intent was to use the ambient features that BIS worked on so much in 3, i.e. music and graphics. The modding community goes without saying; it is YOU who make this much more than a "game". Oscar Mike, Master Gunny!

Yep it looks like they changed the sounds in the dev build, version .57. No sound on the M4's at all now! :-( A fix would be cool if u get round to it before your custom sounds are ready!

IThe modding community goes without saying; it is YOU who make this much more than a "game". Oscar Mike, Master Gunny!

Remember that this is still an Alpha version. There is a lot missing to make this a full game. I agree that the Arma series lives off the modding and the editor, it provides the long term appeal that most games lack, but that is by design, and I am happy that BIS continues the tradition :)

Yep it looks like they changed the sounds in the dev build, version .57. No sound on the M4's at all now! :-( A fix would be cool if u get round to it before your custom sounds are ready!

Things like that are bound to happen with the Dev build, and even with the default built (albeit at lower frequency); the game is still in development.

I'll see what I can do, but it will be next to impossible to react to all changes in the dev build.