Alwarren

FHQ M4 for Arma 3 (Prerelease)

I was really hyped to try out these awesome M4's. I had a bunch of fun modding my M4 and getting my gear setup, however I was pretty disappointed when I noticed that the M4, using 5.56 ammo, was around a 4-5 shot kill to the chest from around 400 meters. ARMA being a game that strives for realism, this shouldn't be the case. Taking a shot from an M4 to the chest from 400M should be lethal. So, I was wondering if maybe the damage with the M4 could be increased (maybe another set of magazines with more damage if people want to use the normal ones still?). If there is any way to change this using scripts or a different mod, I'd be happy to hear from someone.

I was really hyped to try out these awesome M4's. I had a bunch of fun modding my M4 and getting my gear setup, however I was pretty disappointed when I noticed that the M4, using 5.56 ammo, was around a 4-5 shot kill to the chest from around 400 meters. ARMA being a game that strives for realism, this shouldn't be the case. Taking a shot from an M4 to the chest from 400M should be lethal. So, I was wondering if maybe the damage with the M4 could be increased (maybe another set of magazines with more damage if people want to use the normal ones still?). If there is any way to change this using scripts or a different mod, I'd be happy to hear from someone.

Hello good sir, perhaps you should check out my ArmA III Ballistics Overhaul thread, I just finished work on my 5.56x45mm ballistics, if the target is unarmored 5.56x45mm is lethal up to 1000m just like in RL, if the target has AAF armor (Simulated Level III with SAAPI) it will take 3 hits at ranges up to 500m which is point effectiveness, level IIa (tactical vest) does little to nothing to my M855A1's or M318 Mod 0 SOST rounds. It is up to Alwarren if he wants to use my values in his configs however.

The bullet I used is the standard 5.56 of Arma 3. I don't like to artificially increase the damage since that will unbalance the game, rather BIS should fix the still broken body armor system...

I aplolgise if this is an inappropriate thread to post this question in but since the people who follow this thread are using the FHQ M4... I think somebody will know.

We are new to using a hosted ArmA 3 server and installation of mods is escaping us at the moment. Some are not a problem, this one is. To use this mod, do we..

1) just install the key to ../arma3/keys

2) install the key to ../arma3/keys AND install the @mod folders as well as adding the @mod folder names to the config string.

... which is it? The FTP connection to our host site is MISERABLE and it takes for evah to move things up to it. Not sure if this is a function of the FTP client in use or if the host provider is capping FTP upload speeds to preserve bandwidth for game servers.

2) install the key to ../arma3/keys AND install the @mod folders as well

You need both the key and addon/mod folder on the server, and the mod only on clients (keys are not required). I am not an expert though, you might want to check int he Servers forum.

there are two keys associated with the weapon and its accessories. Same name on both. I swapped one for the other and all is well.

Quick question to you Alwarren, regarding your M4 pack.

since the new patch BIS released, the sound of the M4s are broken, like there is no sound coming from the M4 when you shoot, all you hear is a very very quiet sound and the impact of the bullet.

i would be really nice if you could fix it when you have time, like if your busy with other things then dont bother about this yet :)

regards

Chris

i would be really nice if you could fix it when you have time, like if your busy with other things then dont bother about this yet :)

Update is forthcoming, ETA ASAP.

New version is up. First post updated. This is just a hotfix release with Bootcamp compatibility

Enjoy!

New version is up. First post updated. This is just a hotfix release with Bootcamp compatibility

Enjoy!

thank you very much sir, you made a few people happy now :) and i love your FHQ pack like the M4 and accessories, keep up the good work!

and i just noticed i was suppose to say "It Would be nice..." my bad :P

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound and kecharles28 :)

The new firing sound is too low,maybe you should make the volume louder.I can hardly noticed that's the firing sound of these weapons in game.

@Alwarren,

Thanks for the great weapon pack, really high quality.

Needs an update for the new 1.24 version new sound config.

No it doesn't, Alwarren already released a hotfix for 1.24. Check the changelog on the front page.

Terribly busy at the moment so just a short reply.

As DarthMonkey said, I updated the M4's to the 1.24 patch. I just tried them ingame, and I can't really say that the volume is too low, a bit lower maybe than the MX. I'll check it again and see if I can tweak some values.

Terribly busy at the moment so just a short reply.

As DarthMonkey said, I updated the M4's to the 1.24 patch. I just tried them ingame, and I can't really say that the volume is too low, a bit lower maybe than the MX. I'll check it again and see if I can tweak some values.

well,it's fine now,I just think it is not a very special sound like your last version

well,it's fine now,I just think it is not a very special sound like your last version

Well, define "special". You pull the trigger, it goes "boom". Not too much nuances on that one :)

Well, define "special". You pull the trigger, it goes "boom". Not too much nuances on that one :)

well……after using these M4s in the game these days,I think the sound is good enough.but I think I like the last version more as it sounds more powerful(well,okay I know I'm not a guy who love news things:))

I know what you mean, the problem is really, regardless of what sound I use, someone is bound to not like it :) So I usually go with what I personally like best. It'S a game that cannot be won I'm afraid.

Well,everything is good enough now,keep on nice workï¼

Could you add Weapon Jamming and an animation that does the varius steps to clear it ? And an animation that

shows us the content of the magazine and one that eject a cartridge that has been the problem?

Love you`re mods,keep it up!

Could you add Weapon Jamming and an animation that does the varius steps to clear it ? And an animation that

shows us the content of the magazine and one that eject a cartridge that has been the problem?

Well, if there is one thing I seriously suck at, it's making animations. My Remington pack is currently on hold because I cannot get decent reload animations, especially for the sniper rifles. I suppose I will have to ask around for an animator to do these for me, I just can't make them look natural.

So I'm afraid but these things are beyond my talent to do.

Love you`re mods,keep it up!

Could you add some versions of the M4 without the carry handle and "normal" iron sights? :D I am asking for this because i would love to see the fantastic M4's you make also without carry handle!