Hi, hope you don't mind me pointing out that, while it's a perfectly reasonable way of updating all the textures in map_stratis_data_layers.pbo (because that's all that's in there), if you're only updating one or two things (or just the map load screen) in map_stratis_data.pbo, you should make a config that revises only those. As-is your pbo will probably prevent certain other map changes by BIS taking effect.

Thanks for the Note. :rolleyes:

...maybe that's the reason why I can not sign the pbo?!

Edited by Picolly

The next version uses a different texture for the midrange.

Original midrange Texture

ibaUed4TTgQkYZ.jpg

Landtex midrange Texture

ib0ja2ynD60wr.jpg

Edited by Picolly

You need to use a modern pbo tool like eliteness, makepbo (or cpbo) to be able to sign files.

any news on a bisign I would really love to use this on my server!

Thanks in advance, The map is a beaut

~~I think landtex on its own looks worse than the original, because the noise of the original textures hides the mid range texture issue, but with proper mid range textures (through the mid tex mod) it looks slightly better.~~

EDIT: Upon further testing, I take that back. Even with midtex the terrain loses all definition with this, enemies are too easy to spot and everything looks flat.

Edited by SQB-SMA

It's all personal taste I guess :)

Personally I use landtex(0.7) and I'm pleased.

I liked the rugged aspect of the hill on that last picture. Not to mention it'll be harder to spot still targets when you have a rugged texture like that. Just a matter of personal taste I guess.

It is my opinion that you should get together with Nord and share some ideas. After all, everything that matters here is the final product.

Good Work imho. Keep it up!

Those new midranges look real tight! They fit the landscape so well. Still not really loving the long-distance, though. I think BIS just needs to decrease the contrast/alteration a bit, but like a -20% tweak, so I'm going to be hard to please on that since I don't really want a full redo :)

please rehost somewhere else muliupload is ALL SPAM.. I cannot download your mod update, please and thank you!!! Every link on the posted page, you just linked has spammed my pc with adverts and etc..

By tomorrow it is on Armaholic.

Is today ok with you as well :D

Thanks to our all new and shiny 1Gbit port I can finally access my own file servers during the day as well and offer top download speeds :)

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Of course I wasn't saying that Armaholic is shitty .... no way! Multicrapload etc are!

Of course I wasn't saying that Armaholic is shitty .... no way! Multicrapload etc are!

Oh, I did not take it that way at all mate, I was just happy about our own new port and I felt the need to vent my hapiness in this thread ;)

But lets not drift off the subject to far............happy Landtex A3A v0.8 downloading!

First mirror on Armaholic is completely down (404), second really slow (30kb/s).

Use Putlocker as download. Just two clicks, no waittime and i dled with +2 Mb/s.

Quoting myself. ^^

Ok, I think it's done. Version 1.0 comes out in a few days. :yay:

Most of the details are back again, i deleted only the hard pixels. The midrange Texture is a bit stronger now.

Original

iHVttOrJM63Mb.jpg

v1.0

iVp372vrz24Pf.jpg

v0.8

irjaMBCMEsecA.jpg