Sign in to follow this  
Spasibo

Mirrors on vehicles

The mirrors on vehicles seem so unreal, they have very low fps and looks more like its a computer streaming an imagine rather than being a real mirror that renders the world very smoothly. Is it my computer or does everyone else have this problem?

It's called "do you want to lose 5 fps rendering those mirrors or 20"

I'm losing a lot more than 5 but I'm sure their preformance will increase by the time game is released.

The mirrors on vehicles seem so unreal, they have very low fps and looks more like its a computer streaming an imagine rather than being a real mirror that renders the world very smoothly. Is it my computer or does everyone else have this problem?

It's called render to texture, and it requires your video card to render two scenes simultaniously. It requires a lot of resources, that's why the fps is low. It's better than nothing, huh?

You can set the quality (and framerate) of these effects in the video options: Picture-in-Picture quality.

yeah, if you set it to ultra it's all good. well, all but performance :)

Actually, while obviously undesirable on mirrors, I must say this looks awesome on actual computer screens. Do you think that FPS could be artificially capped on some displays, even on "ultra"? It really adds to the feel of realism.

When I put PiP to Ultra it looked very smooth and realistic, but I was getting 20-25FPS driving in an otherwise empty scene.

I'm very grateful they put it in the game, however, as although my medium-to-high-end rig is coughing at doing RTT in 2013 at 2560x1440 on Ultra settings, come 2015 or 2016 when I'm playing Arma 3 still I should be able to breeze through it. :D

So what you are saying is that its highly dependant on the gaming computer. If you have a NASA computer it will look smoothly but if you are playing on a mid-end computer it will look like streamed pictures?

i have PiP set to low and mirrors look great to me. good quality with smooth playback. in fact i've only noticed a very marginal improvement from low to ultra, including the vehicle displays.

Still not quite sure how it works. Does the smoothness and fps of the mirrors depend on the computer in use? Or is it the same fps for everyone?

Still not quite sure how it works. Does the smoothness and fps of the mirrors depend on the computer in use? Or is it the same fps for everyone?

No, it depends on your video settings, the PIP option.

I noticed something.

I have PIP on high.

Look at the mirrors and the display in the hunter. They have a very nice and smooth FPS rate.

Now look at the mirrors in the civilian offroad. The FPS is much worse! Why?

Here I found normal, until it had enjoyed much of the appearance of the heli retrovisires in vehicles do not come to realize. I'll check as this one.

Previously I had to switch to third person and free look backwards in order to reverse.

I'm not going to complain about a slightly pixelated mirror

So what you are saying is that its highly dependant on the gaming computer. If you have a NASA computer it will look smoothly but if you are playing on a mid-end computer it will look like streamed pictures?

I seriously doubt NASA has very many computers that would run a video game well.

What they're saying is it's a setting. Change it in the options.

Of course, it's an option they offer. The other options to buy a computer that can run it on ultra.

Would you like them to force it on ultra so everyone plays on 10 fps? :p

Arma is already very taxing on itself. Render to texture is essentially rendering "out of screen" the picture for your car mirrors. Essentially it's rendering the scene twice, in order to boost this process and prevent it to murder the "main" game window, it is rendered at a very low resolution and not every frames.

Yeah it is your computer that makes this decision. My bros mirrors are smooth as butter mine are choppy and slow. Time to get a new machine !

Its nice and smooth PIP, but I will be glad if ‘blakes_mirrors’ get ported from A2 to A3. I can then turn the PIP off, its of little use if any….