I will have some free time in the next weeks. I'm not very interested in this script anymore 'cause i created a medical system mod for my group and we're not using it.

If i can have a detailed list of what is working and what not i could take a look at it

I will have some free time in the next weeks. I'm not very interested in this script anymore 'cause i created a medical system mod for my group and we're not using it.

If i can have a detailed list of what is working and what not i could take a look at it

I would like to catch up with you at some point, perhaps weekend?

Have done some tweaks to BTC Revive while retaining the core features (first aid/drag/carry/load/unload). It works fine. I'll be doing some final MP testing with it in a couple days, to make sure all the variables and add-actions are fine. The one thing that remained outstanding (most of these tweaks were done almost 2 months ago) was ensuring that Healers are presented with the First Aid action near a downed soldier.

Re official version 0.98, I remember there was an enableSimulation issue whereby players would go into 'variable BTC_need_revive 1' and stuck in first-person with simulation false. Only recourse was Alt+F4 to desktop. Also the respawn menu was off-screen depending on resolution.

The script works completly fine and its amazing, my only problem is when i die and i respawn or get revived my charecter spawns completly naked. Usually when that happens i just disable the save gear option and just go with a loadout that i do, problem with that is when i die i spawn with the default loadout the Unit comes on the editor.

This script is really simple and ready to use, thats why its so great, if its patch compatibility, it should be easy to fix i think

All tho thanks for the great work and quick response. ;)

hey Im getting a Scrip Error when i try us this,

Script
Functions\controls\fn_respawm_button.sqf not found

Anyone have any ideas?

hey Im getting a Scrip Error when i try us this,

Script
Functions\controls\fn_respawm_button.sqf not found

Anyone have any ideas?

Ok i Fixed it.

Hello!!!!!! need help please!

My custom Loadout! with the new virtual arsenal, dont work in multiplayer, the script dont save my custom Loadout! when died.. how can I fix this?

only works if I am the host of the game, but if someone joins my game, and that person dies his Loadout is not saved and appears naked!

Since using this the first person in a server doesn't get his loadout scripts loaded or any scripts tbh loaded, no mobile respawns show on map or anything, but if the leave an comeback everything fine, is there a common way around this ?

Edited by DroopyPiles

@MDCCLXXVI are you aware of any =BTC= related problems since the recent Bootcamp ArmA 3 update?

i seem to be having a number of respawn problems with my stock BTC v0.98 setup.... things like:

- people being stuck in Alt-F4 only "no respawn" available

- no revive options, etc

was wondering if you had seen anything like that?

thank you sir!

-Limey

I would like to catch up with you at some point, perhaps weekend?

Have done some tweaks to BTC Revive while retaining the core features (first aid/drag/carry/load/unload). It works fine. I'll be doing some final MP testing with it in a couple days, to make sure all the variables and add-actions are fine. The one thing that remained outstanding (most of these tweaks were done almost 2 months ago) was ensuring that Healers are presented with the First Aid action near a downed soldier.

Re official version 0.98, I remember there was an enableSimulation issue whereby players would go into 'variable BTC_need_revive 1' and stuck in first-person with simulation false. Only recourse was Alt+F4 to desktop. Also the respawn menu was off-screen depending on resolution.

I can't seem to find a setting that allows for people to respawn with what they had when they died. I'm using revive for my server and I'd like it much more if people who died had to scavenge for things after running out of ammo but I can't seem to find the right setting for it. Thanks for any help!

The worst bug you should correct is the no respawn one :

depending on arma interface size , the player doesn't have the respawn button ( very small and huge make it glitch ) after dying and his game is basiclly froze and need to alt+F4 out .

Easy to fix locally but new players give up on the mission after it .

Edited by vinceXD

Issues I've discovered:

1. Respawn button / camera view drop down menu.

As VinceXD says, does not appear on screen for some players on laptops or players with an unusual screen resolution and or aspect ratio.

I believe its to close to the upper edge of screen and could be fixed by moving down and closer to the center?

2. Sometimes when a West MHQ is a Mohawk after the helicopter is destroyed and respawns. It no longer is accessible in Respawn drop down menu. Maybe a side issue?

This one is strange because half of the time it works fine.

3. When BTC_respawn_gear = 1 is used backpack loadout is not compltelely restored with rockets in it.

I was able to fix the back pack issue using the new command addItemToBackpack instead of addweaponCargoGlobal in BTC_set_gear.

Fixing the backpack issue prevented uniform inventory from being restored correctly and I could not fix using similar method with new command addItemToUniform

We've been enjoying you great clean code in A3 since Alpha and really appreciate your hard work Giallustio.

How do I get this to work with my wasteland server? I've installed it but when you go to respawn it all ubgs out! Help!

Hey guys im wondering if you can help with my query. Apologies if this has been answered earlier (if so could you link me pretty please :D )

Myself and a couple of friends run LAN multiplayer missions and we used this revive script for the first time last night. We all have the exact same mod sets and use MCC. The revives themselves appear to work fine however the issue we encountered was during an MCC generated mission. When we were "killed" we got the standard "Pyroboy was killed" message (respective to the player) however once we were revived the enemy ignored us completely despite being revived and even after we re-engaged they simply took the hits and died themselves without shooting at us as they initially did. Kinda like we were civilian however I must admit I didnt notice if on the map screen we'd changed icons from blufor to civ after.

I'm at a loss as a scripting noob as to what may have caused this, whether it be MCC conflicting or something of that nature.

Is there anything in the BTC revive script editable section that would resolve this?

Has anyone ever encountered this weird problem themselves?

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi all, and thanks for that script Giallustio.

I have an hybrid team composed of both human players and AI. How could I deactivate respawning for AI ? I don't understand why they are respawning anyway as this script is always referring to "player" ?

Edit: stupid question sorry, it has no relation with the script itself.

Edited by Gemini
stupid question

Anyone else having issues with disappearing gear when reviving teammates?

Can I limit the number of revives, but reset it back to full once player respawns at base (while having unlimited base respawns)? Or do I need to heavily modify the script for that?

Also, is there an option or an easy way to script it so that a revived player will still be damaged (say, 0.5) and need a medic?

Edited by galzohar

Thanks for the great script Giallustio!

I was wondering if you would consider adding this in your BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn function?

After the createVehicle line

_veh = createVehicle [_type, (_pos findEmptyPosition [2,200,_type]),[],0,"NONE"];

Check and see if its a uav type and load the crew.

if(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> typeof _veh >> "isUav")==1) then {
 createVehicleCrew _veh;     
};

I have been using a UGV as a spawn point in a mission im working on. On respawn a UGV is not usable since it does not have a crew.

Did you find a solution for being able to do this, if you did let me know it please.

Ciao Giallustio tnx for this script, I got a question:

I want to use the script only for Base respawn and MHQ respawn, is there a way to disable only the revive part? Something like:

BTC_revive_time_min = 0;
BTC_revive_time_max = 0;
BTC_who_can_revive  = [""];

Could work?

I need this because I want to use AGM mod medic system and I don't want the revive part of =BTC= Revive

tnx

[TS]Sgt.Maj.DuM3D0

@MDCCLXXVI are you aware of any =BTC= related problems since the recent Bootcamp ArmA 3 update?

i seem to be having a number of respawn problems with my stock BTC v0.98 setup.... things like:

- people being stuck in Alt-F4 only "no respawn" available

- no revive options, etc

was wondering if you had seen anything like that?

thank you sir!

-Limey

The worst bug you should correct is the no respawn one :

depending on arma interface size , the player doesn't have the respawn button ( very small and huge make it glitch ) after dying and his game is basiclly froze and need to alt+F4 out .

Easy to fix locally but new players give up on the mission after it .

Issues I've discovered:

1. Respawn button / camera view drop down menu.

As VinceXD says, does not appear on screen for some players on laptops or players with an unusual screen resolution and or aspect ratio.

I believe its to close to the upper edge of screen and could be fixed by moving down and closer to the center?

2. Sometimes when a West MHQ is a Mohawk after the helicopter is destroyed and respawns. It no longer is accessible in Respawn drop down menu. Maybe a side issue?

This one is strange because half of the time it works fine.

3. When BTC_respawn_gear = 1 is used backpack loadout is not compltelely restored with rockets in it.

I was able to fix the back pack issue using the new command addItemToBackpack instead of addweaponCargoGlobal in BTC_set_gear.

Fixing the backpack issue prevented uniform inventory from being restored correctly and I could not fix using similar method with new command addItemToUniform

We've been enjoying you great clean code in A3 since Alpha and really appreciate your hard work Giallustio.

Anyone else having issues with disappearing gear when reviving teammates?

Here is an edited copy with all of the issues fixed.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184298-BTC-Revive-working-version-code-dump

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

I can not get this to work...

I've put the revive folder in my documents/missions as well as the provided init.sqf.

Can someone help shed some light on this please??? :(

I can not get this to work...

I've put the revive folder in my documents/missions as well as the provided init.sqf.

Can someone help shed some light on this please??? :(

Try using the newer updated version from Quicksilver: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27034

Hi Guys, I have a problem with my "Alive Check script", I'm noob in the world of scripting but I try to learn.

My problem is that the mission not end when all players dies that mean the mission end lose, so, this script I want work with the revive script BTC, check that all players is dead and end the mission.

Please any else to work this script, whats is my fail?

Thank you for read, I hope help. :)

In Editor

Each players or units playable is named P1, P2, P3, P4... etc is for the script work

"AliveCheck.sqf"

hint "Alive Check Start";
sleep 2;
if ( { !(isNull _x) && { !(alive _x) } } count [P1, P2, P3, P4] == 0  ) then {
hint "Todos estan muertos o no existen";
};
sleep 2;
hint "Alive Check End";
sleep 2;
AllPlayersDead = true;

"init.sqf"

// ***************************** Alive Check Script **************************

AllPlayersDead = false;
[] execVM "AliveCheck.sqf";

// ******************************* Revive Script *****************************

enableSaving [false,false];
call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";
//call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\lite\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

// ******************************** Ends mission *****************************

[] spawn {
waitUntil {win};
sleep 1;
["end1", true] call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer;
sleep 1;
forceEnd;
};

[] spawn {
waitUntil {AllPlayersDead};
sleep 1;
["LOSER", false] call BIS_fnc_endMissionServer;
sleep 1;
forceEnd;
};

// ******************************* End Init *****************************

Link for the mission:

mega.co.nz

Hi Guys, I have a problem with my "Alive Check script", I'm noob in the world of scripting but I try to learn.

My problem is that the mission not end when all players dies that mean the mission end lose, so, this script I want work with the revive script BTC, check that all players is dead and end the mission.

Please any else to work this script, whats is my fail?

Thank you for read, I hope help. :)

In Editor

Each players or units playable is named P1, P2, P3, P4... etc is for the script work

"AliveCheck.sqf"

hint "Alive Check Start";
sleep 2;
if ( { !(isNull _x) && { !(alive _x) } } count [P1, P2, P3, P4] == 0  ) then {
hint "Todos estan muertos o no existen";
};
sleep 2;
hint "Alive Check End";
sleep 2;
AllPlayersDead = true;

"init.sqf"

// ***************************** Alive Check Script **************************

AllPlayersDead = false;
[] execVM "AliveCheck.sqf";

// ******************************* Revive Script *****************************

enableSaving [false,false];
call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";
//call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\lite\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

// ******************************** Ends mission *****************************

[] spawn {
waitUntil {win};
sleep 1;
sleep 1;
forceEnd;
};

[] spawn {
waitUntil {AllPlayersDead};
sleep 1;
sleep 1;
forceEnd;
};

// ******************************* End Init *****************************

Link for the mission:

mega.co.nz

Do you want the host scenario to end once all players are dead, or do you want each player to experience an 'end mission' after they die?

Those are two different things.

A petty issue I see is that 'win' is an undefined variable. Define as

win = false;

prior to the

waitUntil {sleep 0.3; (win)};

---

As for the structure, its going to require a listener on the server, and each player is going to have to send information to the listener on their death event.

// init.sqf

//========== SERVER

if (isDedicated || isServer) then {

// define some variables

deathCounter = 0;
deathLimit = 10; // set this number to the number of death events you require
win = FALSE;

// add a network variable handler

"deathListener" addPublicVariableEventHandler {

deathCounter = deathCounter + 1;

};

// spawn a monitor loop with 2 outcomes (win or lose)

[] spawn {
mission_in_progress = TRUE;

while {mission_in_progress} do {

// When each player dies it +1s the deathCounter variable.

if (deathCounter == deathLimit) exitWith {
   sleep 1; 
   sleep 1; 
   forceEnd; 
};

// Not sure where how the win variable is redefined from FALSE to TRUE, thats up to your scenario flow.

if (win) exitWith {
   sleep 1; 
   sleep 1; 
   forceEnd; 
};
};
};

} else {

//=============== CLIENT

// On the player, we add a killed event, and in the event of killed, we tell the server to +1 the deathCounter as per above.

player addEventHandler ["Killed",{publicVariableServer "deathListener";}];

};

Also might be relevant to note that =BTC= Revive allows the player to die before sending them into a Revive'able state.

Edited by MDCCLXXVI

Do you want the host scenario to end once all players are dead, or do you want each player to experience an 'end mission' after they die?

Those are two different things.

A petty issue I see is that 'win' is an undefined variable. Define as

win = false;

prior to the

waitUntil {sleep 0.3; (win)};

---

As for the structure, its going to require a listener on the server, and each player is going to have to send information to the listener on their death event.

// init.sqf

//========== SERVER

if (isDedicated || isServer) then {

// define some variables

deathCounter = 0;
deathLimit = 10; // set this number to the number of death events you require
win = FALSE;

// add a network variable handler

"deathListener" addPublicVariableEventHandler {

deathCounter = deathCounter + 1;

};

// spawn a monitor loop with 2 outcomes (win or lose)

[] spawn {
mission_in_progress = TRUE;

while {mission_in_progress} do {

// When each player dies it +1s the deathCounter variable.

if (deathCounter == deathLimit) exitWith {
   sleep 1; 
   sleep 1; 
   forceEnd; 
};

// Not sure where how the win variable is redefined from FALSE to TRUE, thats up to your scenario flow.

if (win) exitWith {
   sleep 1; 
   sleep 1; 
   forceEnd; 
};
};
};

} else {

//=============== CLIENT

// On the player, we add a killed event, and in the event of killed, we tell the server to +1 the deathCounter as per above.

player addEventHandler ["Killed",{publicVariableServer "deathListener";}];

};

Also might be relevant to note that =BTC= Revive allows the player to die before sending them into a Revive'able state.

For all players dead, If all player is dead, anyone cant revive to anyone so, end mission.

The variable "Win" is defined in the editor yet with a trigger.

Edited by MiguelDarius
forgot say something thing.