About the above post.... Pretty much why I am here askling questions.

Thing is I have NO options and have to mash the ESC key for a while to get the respawn button to appear.

I've been through the init a dozen times without any luck. Anybody have it working with 0.95 and can send me the init with their settings that I can compare/use?

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Never mind....

It had something to do with me chaging video settings. The necessary items are at the top of the screen but that area was "off screen" for some reason. I noticed this because a short single row of odd white pixles was showing up along the top edge of my screen. I reset my video preferences and now it is visible.

An hour of my life over this.... sheesh.

Edited by lawndartleo

Hello,

I'm having some issues using the BTC revive when NOT using the back unconscious screen without the 'Respawn' option.

when using this option to not have the back screen the player is able to move, fire and kill enemies even when the injured should be static and not able to move. But when using this option the player can move, fire and kill enemies and also is not detected by the enemy. So when you get revived enemies will not shoot you as if you are in setcaptive true.

While using the BTC revive is it possible to have the following:

1 - While injured and unconscious the player can have the a static blury view of the 3rd person view as na option but at the same time have the bleed out time count down. When the time count ends and injured bleed out he would go to spectator.

2 - But at the same time provide the JIP (join in progresso) option.

Would it be possible to have this working corretly in BTC revive?

Edited by bravo 6

Trying to get a unit to respawn at a specific height. Anyone got an idea on how i can get BTC revive work with that?

Trying to get a unit to respawn at a specific height. Anyone got an idea on how i can get BTC revive work with that?

I normally use this command to get a unit at a 0.1 height:

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 0.1];

You can define the 0.1 (altitude)

Not sure if it works on respawn. You would have to tweek the codes somewhere.

Hey,

I'm trying to get the gear-saving to work on my mission, but when I respawn I get the same gear I spawned with instead of the gear I died with.

Got it working, I didn't set the loop check to 1 :)

I normally use this command to get a unit at a 0.1 height:

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 0.1];

You can define the 0.1 (altitude)

Not sure if it works on respawn. You would have to tweek the codes somewhere.

Thx tho, but no luck. Strange that i dont find any posts on respawning in a specific height either.

Problem is that i am a totally noob to scripting, so understanding PHP codes and where it is going is pretty difficult.

Anyone else having a problem with Binocs/Rangefinders disappearing from inventory on revive with version 0.95 or is it just something wrong on my side?

For a while after death/respawn/revive of any player, my frame rate is horrid.... 1-2 fps or worse. Clients drop too, not as badly. Then it frees up probably after about 1.5 minutes.. I previously had 8 MHQ's available, I cut it down to two on a hunch. It improved the issue but there is still a noticeable stutter for a while and then it frees up.

Ideas?

Edited by lawndartleo

Do downed players count as dead for scripting purposes? For example I want a mission to end if everyone is down and the simplest way I can think of is to do a trigger with !alive player1 && !alive player 2 etc but that obviously won't work if they're not considered dead

Please help....

This is making no sense. I run the demo script (compiled into a PBO) and all is fine. I install it to my mission and I (and my clients) get this horrid frame rate suck for about 90 seconds after death/revive/respawn.

Edited by lawndartleo

Other scripts that make conflicts... Giallustio can help you with his own script, not others :-)

I can run the mission just fine solo but as soon as I have clients, death/revive/respawn results in ~90 seconds of low FPS. I think it might have something to do with mobile respawn availability. One MHQ is a moderate hit on FPS, add more it gets worse. Ive been looking for some timing loop in the script that might cause this but come up empty.

=BTC= Logistics by Giallustio

=BTC= Revive by Giallustio

=ATM= Airdrop by pokertour

Enemy Occupation System by BangaBob

TPWCAS by TPW, -Coulum-, fabrizio_T and Ollem

Virtual Ammobox System by Tonic

Group Management Script by Zuff

Rearm script by Weasel

repeatitive_cleanup by aeroson (this is new... problem existed prior to using this script)

Maybe that list will help resolve the issue.

Edited by lawndartleo

Have a few quick questions, not sure if it's A3 related or BTC related.

1) Has anyone had issues with binocs/rangefinders/etc disappearing for players that are revived?

2) Has anyone had problems with JIP players being able to revive/be revived by other JIP players, but not revive or be revived by players that are in the game from the start?

3) Is there a problem reviving someone who is submerged? We've had instances where a boat get shot up and go down. Some players get knocked unconscious and you can swim to them, try first aid and even go through the animation, but it doesn't actually revive them.

Can't say for 1 and 3, didn't try/notice.

Point 2 it's weird. The action is client side and added to the player, not to injured units, so i can't explain how it doesn't work. It could be a problem related to the setVariable not sync with JIP

I would like to say I look to your scripts as a necessities.

However, they are getting much to bulky.

Do you have a liter version ?

Something with drag, carry, heal, and need medkit.

Something for the sake of simplicity.

The game does not run so swell for a lot of folks, and I would love to re-visit a solution, if you have one.

I myself run a beast, but a lot of people are not as fortunate.

Take care and thank you.

bulky doesn't mean bad performance.

You can take a look at the lite version in the war storm mission btw

I dug a bit in functions.sqf and found the following line of code:

if (count (_gear select 11) > 0) then {{if (_x != "" && _x != "Binocular" && _x != "Rangefinder" && _x != "Laserdesignator") then {_unit addItem _x;_unit assignItem _x;sleep 0.01;};} foreach (_gear select 11);};

I found no other references to those items, so I'm wondering if this line is the problem since Binos, Rangefinders and LasersDesignators never get added back in anywhere else.

Probably after the patch. I had to add those lines before the patch to get them working...

Removing those references half makes things work. If you change the line to:

if (count (_gear select 11) > 0) then {{if (_x != "") then {_unit addItem _x;_unit assignItem _x;sleep 0.01;};} foreach (_gear select 11);};

Binoculars/Randfinders/Laser Designators are respawned with the player, they just are in their base inventory and not in the normally assigned gear slot on the top right.