Hello,

I am hoping someone can help figure out what I'm doing wrong?

I have installed BTC revive for a coop mission. But it doesn't appear to be working?

I have the BTC revive main folder, within my mission folder.

Within the des.ext I have:

Respawn = 3;

RespawnDelay = 30;

RespawnDialog = 0;

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

within the init.sqf : call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

and this is the revive_init.sqf :

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

BTC_r_new_system = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it

BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 1;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)

BTC_r_action = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)

BTC_r_med_fa = 1;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit

BTC_r_cpr_time = 60;

BTC_r_trans_ratio = 100;

BTC_revive_time_min = 5;

BTC_revive_time_max = 600;

BTC_who_can_revive = ["Man"];

BTC_loop_check = 0;

BTC_disable_respawn = 0;

BTC_respawn_gear = 1;

BTC_active_lifes = 1;

BTC_lifes = 10;

BTC_spectating = 1;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units

BTC_spectating_view = [1,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free

BTC_s_mode_view = 0["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_black_screen = 1;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view

BTC_action_respawn = 0;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....

BTC_camera_unc = 1;

BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];

BTC_respawn_time = 30;

BTC_active_mobile = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))

BTC_mobile_respawn = 1;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn

BTC_need_first_aid = 1;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)

BTC_pvp = 0; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)

BTC_injured_marker = 1;

BTC_3d_can_see = ["Man"];

BTC_3d_distance = 30;

BTC_3d_icon_size = 0.5;

BTC_3d_icon_color = [1,0,0,1];

BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile

BTC_objects_actions_west = [flag_base];

BTC_objects_actions_east = [bTC_base_flag_east];

BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];

BTC_objects_actions_civ = [];

if (isServer) then

{

BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [mobile_west_0];//Editable - define mobile west

BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [mobile_east_0];//Editable - define mobile east

BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [mobile_guer_0];//Editable - define mobile independent

BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [mobile_civ_0];//Editable - define mobile civilian

};

Specifcally, when you die there is a 30sec respawn and you end up at the base, with the original load out (I'm using VAS as well). No option for revive and no save gear... ?

I *think* everything is set up correctly. I even followed a video tutorial to double check. Really scratching my head here. :j: Have I missed something obvious? Or what do you think might be wrong? :confused:

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RespawnDelay = 30; should be 1.

I think you're missing the mobile configuration...

RespawnDelay = 30; should be 1.

I think you're missing the mobile configuration...

Thanks so much Giallustio for your prompt response (great script btw- I love !).

hmm I've tried that and when I died it was the same apart from having a 1 sec respawn time now !? Mobile configuration? Sorry could you be more specific please? Thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 11:06 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Thanks so much Giallustio for your prompt response (great script btw- I love !).

hmm I've tried that and when I died it was the same apart from having a 1 sec respawn time now !? Mobile configuration? Sorry could you be more specific please? Thanks for your help.

Sorry I have a truck named mobile_west_0 and a flag named flag_base .

if (isServer) then
{
};

You have to leave the arrays empty if you don't use them:

BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian
};

if (isServer) then
{
};

You have to leave the arrays empty if you don't use them:

BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian
};

Thanks for your time and patience. I have done as suggested, but I still get a 1 sec respawn, with original load out? Weird. Is it possible that other scripts are conflicting?

This is what is in my entire des.ext:

// @file Version: v1.0

// @mission name: Saving Recon One

// @file Author: Duke

// @file edit: 03.13.2013

// @file Description: Refined introduction execution line for the video - UAV mission introduction

// @usage: Reference description.ext

author = Duke;

onLoadName = Saving Recon One...;

loadScreen = "rsc\six axis logo.paa";

onLoadMission = COOP 16 Rescue Mission;

Respawn = 3;

RespawnDelay = 1;

RespawnDialog = 0;

#include "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_respawn.h"

#include "VAS\menu.hpp"

class CfgFunctions

{

#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"

};

and my init.sqf :

/ @file Version: v1.0

// @mission name: .ogg video & UAV intro

// @file Author: [WD]Elvis

// @file edit: 03.13.2013

// @file Description: Refined introduction execution line for the video - UAV mission introduction

// @usage: Reference description.ext

[] spawn {

scriptName "initMission.hpp: mission start";

["rsc\ARMA_3.ogv", false] spawn BIS_fnc_titlecard;

waitUntil {!(isNil "BIS_fnc_titlecard_finished")};

[[2879.289,5618.516,0],"A recon unit has been compromised and are being hunted by the enemy. Last report is that they are in the Aglos Andreas area, N/E of our base. With resources already stretched and OPFOR having air superiority - our squad is to go in with vehicles and bring them back. We have limited artillery support- use it wisely. Time is of the essence gentlemen. Fight when there is no alternative, but keep pushing to recon one's position. Good luck and bring them boys home"] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

//OR , The above is a bit more user friendly and easier to control.

//[getPos orbit1,"Alpha and Bravo have been engaged by hostile forces, provide backup",300,200,180,0,[]] spawn BIS_fnc_establishingShot;

};

enableSaving [false,false];

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

Its a mp coop mission (obviously), with the mission folder within my profile name missions folder. Thanks for your help. I would really like to get your BTC script working if poss.

Is the rpt clean?

as far as I know. There are no rpt files. I deleted them a few days ago :eek: I am new to mission making and still learning. I made one mission previously using the INS revive script- which was ok.... had a few bugs with it. A steam friend suggested yours (which I've used many times as a player and always loved it)- its just really strange. I can't think of why it doesn't work and if you can't help me... I doubt anyone can. But I think I've taken enough of your time- unless you can think of any thing else. Thanks so much for help, it's appreciated.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 ----------

as far as I know. There are no rpt files. I deleted them a few days ago :eek: I am new to mission making and still learning. I made one mission previously using the INS revive script- which was ok.... had a few bugs with it. A steam friend suggested yours (which I've used many times as a player and always loved it)- its just really strange. I can't think of why it doesn't work and if you can't help me... I doubt anyone can. But I think I've taken enough of your time- unless you can think of any thing else. Thanks so much for help, it's appreciated.

sorry - I haven't any crashes since the retail release. Using version 1.02.110654

Send me your mission, i'll give a quick look at the code

OK sure, thanks. Sorry do you mean the pbo. or mission.sqf ?

BTC_s_mode_view     = 0["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

It should be:

BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

There are several errors in the VAS script.

I don't know if you modified anything in there, try to download the last version.

You can fix the only error related to the revive with my code, i don't know why you added a 0 before the array :p

BTC_s_mode_view     = 0["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

It should be:

BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];

There are several errors in the VAS script.

I don't know if you modified anything in there, try to download the last version.

You can fix the only error related to the revive with my code, i don't know why you added a 0 before the array :p

Yes !!!!!! Thank you so much. It is working perfectly now. Ah... I'm not sure why I put a 0 for the mode view...? :o No idea, but I guess it didn't like it. I haven't messed with the VAS too much- just restricted a tripod for mortars (to stop people using them!)- but yes, it was an oldish version, but now have 2.0 installed.

Thank you so much- you have been a great help, it really is appreciated. :) You are so :cool:

I want to thank you all the guys that support me in this tough period, i don't know if you want to share who you are, but i think that helping it's a good thing and the gratitude is a good one too, so, an immeasurable thanks to Hazzard, John, Meatball, David, Foxy and SavageCDN! You are great guys! Thank you again!

No thank YOU for releasing free content to the community.

Get ready for the next project then ;)

A little tip. Save mission on dedi without mods ;)

Hi guys ,

i´m here , just to let you know that in between the VAS and the BTC REVIVE , there is a conflict ........10000 watches are loaded in backpack, uniforms etc after the respawn or the "revive action".

How can we fix it .I went to the VAS thread and Tonic says that there is some conflict with other addons.....Sometimes.....

That´s all fox ....... ;)

Hi,

Just tried VAS 2.0 and BTC Revive latest version available, and all the labels on VAS are invisible. I haven't had the watch problem you mentioned but there are definitely conflicts btwn the 2.

Could we expect a bug fix from one mod or the other :) ?

Appart from that, that's an awesome mod!

Just guessing...

Is the the stringable.xml file in your folder right?

Mmmh :) I don't know that file, I'm new to ARMA3, I reckon I don't have the file.

Where do I get it, where do I paste it?

It's a VAS file. Without it you can't see the text, re-download the script

I can't solve the problems of the other script too :P

Well I'm glad this forum is still being supported! can't Say much about most others.

I do have a question though. I want to make it so a First Aid kit can only heal people (like in vanilla game) but I want the MEDIC KIT to be the item needed to revive. IS there anything I can change to make this possible? Thanks ahead of time!

Hi Giallustio

I have a problem with the new version of your nice script.

We play without respawn, only revive, and with 0.91 all is fine. But with 0.94 i cannot eliminate respawn. I set "disable respawn" to 1, but don't work. When we die, i see respawn option, and we don't want this option. How can i do?

Grazie.

Yep, i already got this problem reported, i'll fix in the next version, some day.

In the meanwhile you could edit it by your self, if my memory it's good enough:

line 1181, from

_id = player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Respawn") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_player_respawn], 9, true, true, "", "true"];

to

if (BTC_disable_respawn == 1) then {_id = player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Respawn") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_player_respawn], 9, true, true, "", "true"];};

For starters, great script and thanks for all of the hard work!

Now, for my question, is it possible to make the player respawn with a specific height above sea level with your script? May be make the units respawn inside the vehicles instead of outside? Trying to work on the respawns for the new USS Nimitz Carrier mod on a PVP dog fighting map.