This might seem silly - but is there some way to disable the medical and revival system of BTC revive? I simply want to use it for the mobile HQ spawn and would like to implement the xmedsystem. I have not found a way to successfully jerry-rig the two together unfortunately.

Right now it is just black screen for a quarter of a second and then they are laying on the ground "going what just happened?"

Is that not realistic ?

You probably would be wondering WTF just happened too lol

Giallustio,

Can you please explain how to get your scripts to work with the Nimitz for Arma3? I can`t respawn on the carrier,always finish up in the water

Thank you.

Hello. Great work . See if someone can help me. I have read more than 60 pages of this thread, but can not find solution. How I can put a limit of 2 revives? No respawns, revives. Thank you very much in advance

I am having trouble with using revive and the Task Force Radio mod. It seems when revived players have the independent radio instead of BLUFOR. Does this script set dead players to side independent until revived or something?

I am having trouble with using revive and the Task Force Radio mod. It seems when revived players have the independent radio instead of BLUFOR. Does this script set dead players to side independent until revived or something?

Yes it does. Check the TaskForceRadio thread for more info about this.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169029-Task-Force-Arrowhead-Radio&p=2568643&viewfull=1#post2568643

No it doesn't. It sets "captive", not independent

Oops!:o Sorry, just went by what I saw over there.

You cannot with this script. Think that Arma 3 don't support revive.

Answering to Tejedor and his question was : "How I can limit the revives"?

Hi guys, very sorry if this is a double post (there are over 100 pages :p)

trying to set the respawn point on the Nimitz (deck height 18m), the respawn script takes the respawn_west marker to respawn to, however as markers are '2D' I can't set a height variable to land on the ship.

already tried the good old method of changing the function to -

player setposasl [getmarkerpos BTC_respawn_marker select 0, getmarkerpos BTC_respawn_marker select 1, 18]

but no joy...

Is there some kind of check to see if it is over water?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Spitfirefrench, could you perhaps put the respawn marker on land and then script any respawning unit to teleport to an invisible helipad on the carrier as soon as they respawn?

Could you please tell me which part of the script moves the player away while they wait to respawn. I am using a script that damages players when they leave an area, so when the BTC revive script moves them it triggers the script. I need to change the location to somewhere within the playable area. Thanks.

I need to move the player to the following position: 3126,5974,0

So in the old script I had to edit this bit to set that position where they wait to respawn:

BTC_player_respawn =
{
BTC_respawn_cond = true;
if (BTC_active_lifes == 1) then {BTC_lifes = BTC_lifes - 1;};
if (BTC_active_lifes == 1 && BTC_lifes == 0) exitWith BTC_out_of_lifes;
deTach player;
player setVariable ["BTC_need_revive",0,true];
if (BTC_black_screen == 0) then {titleText ["", "BLACK OUT"];};
sleep 0.2;
if (BTC_black_screen == 0) then {titleText ["", "BLACK FADED"];};
if (vehicle player != player) then {unAssignVehicle player;player action ["eject", vehicle player];};
player setPos getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker;
sleep 1;
player setDamage 0;
player switchMove "amovpercmstpslowwrfldnon";
player switchMove "";
if (BTC_respawn_time > 0) then
{
	player enableSimulation false;
	player setpos [3126,5974,0];
	player setVelocity [0,0,0];
	sleep 1;
	private ["_n"];
	for [{_n = BTC_respawn_time}, {_n != 0}, {_n = _n - 1}] do
	{
		private ["_msg"];
		player setpos [3126,5974,0];
		player setVelocity [0,0,0];
		titleText [format ["Respawn in %1",_n], "BLACK FADED"];
		sleep 1;

(I knew where this was in the old one but that part is quite different in the new version, I'd stick with the older version but I'm not sure it will still work correctly)

Edited by clydefrog

Just place the respawn marker inside the trigger area

I can't do that as the BLUFOR side's base isn't in the area, the area is just to stop OPFOR from leaving it. BLUFOR must respawn either at their base or a mobile HQ which will both be outside the OPFOR playable area.

So what I have tried now is editing this part:

BTC_player_respawn =
{
BTC_respawn_cond = true;
if (BTC_active_lifes != 1 || BTC_lifes != 0) then
{
	deTach player;
	closeDialog 0;
	sleep 0.2;
	titleText ["", "BLACK FADED"];
	if (vehicle player != player) then {unAssignVehicle player;player action ["eject", vehicle player];};
	sleep 1;
	closeDialog 0;
	player setDamage 0;
	player switchMove "";
	{
		[b]player attachTo [bTC_r_base_spawn,[0,0,6000]];[/b]

to this

BTC_player_respawn =
{
BTC_respawn_cond = true;
if (BTC_active_lifes != 1 || BTC_lifes != 0) then
{
	deTach player;
	closeDialog 0;
	sleep 0.2;
	titleText ["", "BLACK FADED"];
	sleep 1;
	closeDialog 0;
	player setDamage 0;
	player switchMove "";
	{
		[b]player attachTo [respawnpos,[0,0,0]];[/b]

(only the last line has been changed)

respawnpos being an object in a safe area inside the playable area where I want units to be placed while they wait to respawn. I've just tried this and it seems to work ok, is it alright doing it like that?

Also Giallustio while you are here is there a way to completely disable the spectate screen with the view menu? I thought I had set the settings to do this but it still comes up.

if you don't want the opfor to leave the area just place the respawn_east marker in the area as i told you above. I don't know how you set up your mission, so i can't really help you properly. I supposed you used a trigger.

if you don't want the opfor to leave the area just place the respawn_east marker in the area as i told you above. I don't know how you set up your mission, so i can't really help you properly. I supposed you used a trigger.

the respawn_east marker is in the playable area but it still says they have gone outside it when they wait to respawn (as it starts taking health off which means the revive system keeps being retriggered everytime the health reaches 0), is that because they are being set 6000m in the sky? And no it's not a trigger, it's a script that sets a playable radius from a a gamelogic acting as the center point.

Your code should be fine then. Keep in mind that the player awaiting for respawn is visible in this way

Your code should be fine then. Keep in mind that the player awaiting for respawn is visible in this way

Yeah, I have made the respawn location inside a house surrounded by large hescos, it is impossible to see or get into.

and hopefully I have this set up properly now to not give spectating options:

BTC_r_new_system    = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 0;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa        = 2;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_r_cpr_time      = 60;
BTC_r_trans_ratio   = 100;
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_revive_time_max = 180;
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["B_medic_F","O_medic_F"];
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 0;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_lifes           = 5;
BTC_spectating      = 0;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_spectating_view = [1,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_black_screen    = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn  = 1;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc      = 0;
BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_respawn_time    = 120;
BTC_active_mobile   = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn  = 1;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_pvp = 1; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_can_see     = ["Man"];
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
BTC_3d_icon_size   = 0.5;
BTC_3d_icon_color  = [1,0,0,1];
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = [];

I don't know, it seems correct, but you're using an old version, so...

Huh? This is version 0.96 off your website. The latest version right?

/*
Created by =BTC= Giallustio
version 0.96 Offical release
Visit us at: 
http://www.blacktemplars.altervista.org/
06/03/2012
*/

////////////////// EDITABLE \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BTC_r_new_system    = 0; //WIP - set 1 to activate it
BTC_r_wait_for_revive = 0;//If BTC_r_new_system set to 1 you can choose if you want or not a revive time available after death (Similar to wounding system in ACE)
BTC_r_action        = 0;//[NOT IMPLEMENTED] - 0 if you don't want the healing animation (ACE style), 1 if you want the animations (You can't stop the animation)
BTC_r_med_fa        = 2;//0 for only first aid kit, 1 if you don't have a medikit you need a first aid kit, 2 only medikit
BTC_r_cpr_time      = 60;
BTC_r_trans_ratio   = 100;
BTC_revive_time_min = 5;
BTC_revive_time_max = 180;
BTC_who_can_revive  = ["B_medic_F","O_medic_F"];
BTC_loop_check      = 0;
BTC_disable_respawn = 0;
BTC_respawn_gear    = 1;
BTC_active_lifes    = 1;
BTC_lifes           = 5;
BTC_spectating      = 0;//0 = disable; 1 = units group; 2 = side units; 3 = all units
BTC_spectating_view = [1,0];//To force a view set the first number of the array to 1. The second one is the view mode: 0 = first person; 1 = behind the back; 2 = High; 3 = free
BTC_s_mode_view     = ["First person","Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_black_screen    = 0;//Black screen + button while unconscious or action wheel and clear view
BTC_action_respawn  = 1;//if black screen is set to 0 you can choose if you want to use the action wheel or the button. Keep in mind that if you don't use the button, the injured player can use all the action, frag too....
BTC_camera_unc      = 0;
BTC_camera_unc_type = ["Behind the back","High","Free"];
BTC_respawn_time    = 120;
BTC_active_mobile   = 1;//Active mobile respawn (You have to put in map the vehicle and give it a name. Then you have to add one object per side to move to the mobile (BTC_base_flag_west,BTC_base_flag_east) - (1 = yes, 0 = no))
BTC_mobile_respawn  = 1;//Active the mobile respawn fnc (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_mobile_respawn_time = 30;//Secs delay for mobile vehicle to respawn
BTC_need_first_aid = 0;//You need a first aid kit to revive (1 = yes, 0 = no)
BTC_pvp = 1; //(disable the revive option for the enemy)
BTC_injured_marker = 1;
BTC_3d_can_see     = ["Man"];
BTC_3d_distance    = 30;
BTC_3d_icon_size   = 0.5;
BTC_3d_icon_color  = [1,0,0,1];
BTC_dlg_on_respawn = 1;//1 = Mobile only - 2 Leader group and mobile - 3 = Units group and mobile - 4 = All side units and mobile
BTC_objects_actions_west = [bTC_base_flag_west];
BTC_objects_actions_east = [];
BTC_objects_actions_guer = [];
BTC_objects_actions_civ  = [];
if (isServer) then
{
BTC_vehs_mobile_west = [GhosthawkMR,sdv1,sdv2];//Editable - define mobile west
BTC_vehs_mobile_east = [];//Editable - define mobile east
BTC_vehs_mobile_guer = [];//Editable - define mobile independent
BTC_vehs_mobile_civ  = [];//Editable - define mobile civilian
};
////////////////// Don't edit below \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
if (!isDedicated) then {};
//FNC
call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_functions.sqf";

if (isServer) then
{
//Mobile
BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str = [];BTC_vehs_mobile_east_str = [];BTC_vehs_mobile_guer_str = [];BTC_vehs_mobile_civ_str = [];
if (BTC_active_mobile == 1 && count BTC_vehs_mobile_west != 0) then {for "_i" from 0 to ((count BTC_vehs_mobile_west) - 1) do {_veh = (BTC_vehs_mobile_west select _i);_var = str (_veh);BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str = BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str + [_var];_veh setVariable ["BTC_mobile_west",_var,true];if (BTC_mobile_respawn == 1) then {_resp = [_veh,_var,"BTC_mobile_west"] spawn BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn;};};} else {{deleteVehicle _x} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_west;};
if (BTC_active_mobile == 1 && count BTC_vehs_mobile_east != 0) then {for "_i" from 0 to ((count BTC_vehs_mobile_east) - 1) do {_veh = (BTC_vehs_mobile_east select _i);_var = str (_veh);BTC_vehs_mobile_east_str = BTC_vehs_mobile_east_str + [_var];_veh setVariable ["BTC_mobile_east",_var,true];if (BTC_mobile_respawn == 1) then {_resp = [_veh,_var,"BTC_mobile_east"] spawn BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn;};};} else {{deleteVehicle _x} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_east;};
if (BTC_active_mobile == 1 && count BTC_vehs_mobile_guer != 0) then {for "_i" from 0 to ((count BTC_vehs_mobile_guer) - 1) do {_veh = (BTC_vehs_mobile_guer select _i);_var = str (_veh);BTC_vehs_mobile_guer_str = BTC_vehs_mobile_guer_str + [_var];_veh setVariable ["BTC_mobile_guer",_var,true];if (BTC_mobile_respawn == 1) then {_resp = [_veh,_var,"BTC_mobile_guer"] spawn BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn;};};} else {{deleteVehicle _x} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_guer;};
if (BTC_active_mobile == 1 && count BTC_vehs_mobile_civ != 0) then {for "_i" from 0 to ((count BTC_vehs_mobile_civ) - 1) do {_veh = (BTC_vehs_mobile_civ select _i);_var = str (_veh);BTC_vehs_mobile_civ_str = BTC_vehs_mobile_civ_str + [_var];_veh setVariable ["BTC_mobile_civ",_var,true];if (BTC_mobile_respawn == 1) then {_resp = [_veh,_var,"BTC_mobile_civ"] spawn BTC_vehicle_mobile_respawn;};};} else {{deleteVehicle _x} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_civ;};
if (BTC_active_mobile == 1) then {publicVariable "BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str";publicVariable "BTC_vehs_mobile_east_str";publicVariable "BTC_vehs_mobile_guer_str";publicVariable "BTC_vehs_mobile_civ_str";};
//
BTC_killed_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_killed_pveh";
BTC_drag_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_drag_pveh";
BTC_carry_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_carry_pveh";
BTC_marker_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_marker_pveh";
BTC_load_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_load_pveh";
BTC_pullout_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_pullout_pveh";
if (BTC_r_new_system == 1) then 
{
	BTC_anim_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_anim_pveh";
	BTC_cpr_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_cpr_pveh";
	BTC_ban_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_ban_pveh";
	BTC_med_pveh = [];publicVariable "BTC_med_pveh";
};
};
if (isDedicated) exitWith {};

BTC_dragging = false;
BTC_respawn_cond = false;
//Init
[] spawn
{
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {player == player};
"BTC_drag_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
"BTC_carry_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
"BTC_marker_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
"BTC_load_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
"BTC_pullout_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
"BTC_killed_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
BTC_r_mobile_selected = objNull;
BTC_r_bleeding = 0;
BTC_r_bleeding_loop = false;
player addRating 9999;
BTC_r_list = [];
BTC_side = playerSide;
BTC_r_s_cam_view = [-15,-15,15];
BTC_respawn_marker = format ["respawn_%1",playerSide];
if (BTC_respawn_marker == "respawn_guer") then {BTC_respawn_marker = "respawn_guerrila";};
if (BTC_respawn_marker == "respawn_civ") then {BTC_respawn_marker = "respawn_civilian";};
BTC_r_base_spawn = "Land_HelipadEmpty_F" createVehicleLocal getMarkerPos BTC_respawn_marker;
if (BTC_r_new_system == 0) then 
{
	player addEventHandler ["Killed", BTC_player_killed];if (BTC_respawn_gear == 1) then {player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", BTC_fnc_handledamage_gear];};
} 
else 
{
	"BTC_cpr_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
	"BTC_ban_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
	"BTC_med_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
	"BTC_anim_pveh" addPublicVariableEventHandler BTC_fnc_PVEH;
	player setVariable ["BTC_r_status",[0,0,0,0,0],true];
	player addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", BTC_fnc_handledamage];
	player addEventHandler ["Killed", BTC_eh_killed];
	BIS_fnc_healthEffects_handleDamage_code = {};
	BIS_fnc_healtEffects_init = {};
	BTC_r_action_menu = true;
	BTC_r_med_effect = false;
	BTC_is_bleeding = false;
	enableCamShake true; 
	BTC_r_unc = false;
	BTC_r_unc_loop = false;
	BTC_r_damage = 0;
	BTC_r_head = 0;
	BTC_r_damage_legs = 0;
	BTC_r_damage_hands = 0;
	BTC_r_hit = 0;
};
//{_x setVariable ["BTC_need_revive",0,true];} foreach allunits;//[] spawn {while {true} do {sleep 0.1;player sidechat format ["%1",BTC_r_mobile_selected];};};
if (BTC_pvp == 1) then {player setVariable ["BTC_revive_side",str (BTC_side),true];};
player setVariable ["BTC_dragged",0,true];
if (BTC_r_new_system == 0) then {if ([player] call BTC_is_class_can_revive) then {player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("First aid") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_first_aid], 8, true, true, "", "[] call BTC_check_action_first_aid"];};} else {player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Medical unit check") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_check_unit_state], 8, true, false, "", "[] call BTC_check_action_unit_state"];player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Check yourself") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[player],BTC_check_unit_state], -8, false, false, "", "BTC_r_action_menu && format [""%1"",player getVariable ""BTC_need_revive""] == ""0"" && vehicle player == player"];};
player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Drag") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_drag], 8, true, true, "", "[] call BTC_check_action_drag"];
player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Carry") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_carry], 8, true, true, "", "[] call BTC_check_action_drag"];
player addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Pull out injured") + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[],BTC_pull_out], 8, true, true, "", "[] call BTC_pull_out_check"];
if (BTC_active_mobile == 1) then 
{
	switch (true) do
	{
		case (BTC_side == west) : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Move to mobile " + _veh) + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_west;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str;};
		case (BTC_side == east) : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Move to mobile " + _veh) + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_east;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_east_str;};
		case (str (BTC_side) == "guer") : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Move to mobile " + _veh) + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_guer;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_guer_str;};
		case (BTC_side == civilian) : {{private ["_veh"];_veh = _x;_spawn = [_x] spawn BTC_mobile_marker;{_x addAction [("<t color=""#ED2744"">") + ("Move to mobile " + _veh) + "</t>","=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_addAction.sqf",[[_veh],BTC_move_to_mobile], 8, true, true, "", format ["[""%1""] call BTC_mobile_check",_veh]];} foreach BTC_objects_actions_civ;} foreach BTC_vehs_mobile_civ_str;};
	};
}
else
{
	BTC_vehs_mobile_west_str = [];BTC_vehs_mobile_east_str = [];BTC_vehs_mobile_guer_str = [];BTC_vehs_mobile_civ_str = [];
};
BTC_gear = [player] call BTC_get_gear;
if (BTC_loop_check == 1) then {[] spawn BTC_revive_loop;};
if (({player isKindOf _x} count BTC_3d_can_see) > 0) then {if (BTC_pvp == 1) then {_3d = [] spawn BTC_3d_markers_pvp;} else {_3d = [] spawn BTC_3d_markers;};};
//[] spawn {while {true} do {sleep 0.5;hintSilent format ["%1",BTC_gear];};};
BTC_revive_started = true;
//hint "REVIVE STARTED";
};

(I knew where this was in the old one but that part is quite different in the new version, I'd stick with the older version but I'm not sure it will still work correctly)

Sorry, I misunderstood this line, i'll look into it asap

Ciao Giallustio, maybe is a noob question, so if it is, i'm sorry.

I just want to know: There is a way to decrease 1 life everytime I become unconscious, and not all the times that I die permanently?

Has anyone run into a problem where occasionally a player that goes unconscious and is revived by another player gets removed from the group and can no longer revive/be revived? It only happens on rare occasions, so I'm not sure what is causing it.