Hello!

I am fairly new to this but I got the most things done. The only problem I have is that the helmet is not moving with the characters head?

Still I have selected the whole Helmet in Oxygen 2 and made a selection called "head"

Any one knows what the problem is here?

Thank you!

Make sure you are selecting all the faces and not just the verts, make sure your grammar/structure/format is correct for your model.cfg. If you want to post your files I'll take a look for you :)

Wow.. Thank you man.

That fixed it, now I just got to position it!

Edit: Do you know by any chance how I would go over adding a normal map and specular on my model? I guess that has something to do with the Config or model.cfg.

Edited by Hellceaser

Wow.. Thank you man.

That fixed it, now I just got to position it!

Edit: Do you know by any chance how I would go over adding a normal map and specular on my model? I guess that has something to do with the Config or model.cfg.

For normal and specular maps you use a .rvmat file. This is applied in the box below where you path to the texture when you select the faces and press 'E':

rvmatset.jpg?_subject_uid=317844468&w=AABc7ZApCer8XYbdnFRQmHy4-XvPHiR0vq1-hTV5-F4tkg

But before you get into that, you'll need to make the rvmat. The following is equip1.rvmat from within the characters pbo file from the stock game. Its the same rvmat used by the NATO helmets.

#define _ARMA_

//Class characters_f : BLUFOR\Data\equip1.rvmat{
class StageTI
{
texture = "a3\characters_f\blufor\data\equip1_ti_ca.paa";
};
ambient[] = {1,1,1,1};
diffuse[] = {1,1,1,1};
forcedDiffuse[] = {0,0,0,0};
emmisive[] = {0,0,0,1};
specular[] = {0.5,0.5,0.5,0};
specularPower = 150;
PixelShaderID = "Super";
VertexShaderID = "Super";
class Stage1
{
texture = "a3\characters_f\blufor\data\equip1_nohq.paa";
uvSource = "tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[] = {1,0,0};
	up[] = {0,1,0};
	dir[] = {0,0,0};
	pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage2
{
texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0.5,0.5,0.5,1,DT)";
uvSource = "tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[] = {1,0,0};
	up[] = {0,1,0};
	dir[] = {0,0,0};
	pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage3
{
texture = "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0,MC)";
uvSource = "tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[] = {1,0,0};
	up[] = {0,1,0};
	dir[] = {0,0,0};
	pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage4
{
texture = "a3\characters_f\blufor\data\equip1_as.paa";
uvSource = "tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[] = {1,0,0};
	up[] = {0,1,0};
	dir[] = {0,0,0};
	pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage5
{
texture = "a3\characters_f\blufor\data\equip1_smdi.paa";
uvSource = "tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[] = {1,0,0};
	up[] = {0,1,0};
	dir[] = {0,0,0};
	pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};
class Stage6
{
texture = "#(ai,64,64,1)fresnel(1,0.7)";
uvSource = "none";
};
class Stage7
{
texture = "a3\data_f\env_co.paa";
useWorldEnvMap = "true";
uvSource = "tex";
class uvTransform
{
	aside[] = {1,0,0};
	up[] = {0,1,0};
	dir[] = {0,0,0};
	pos[] = {0,0,0};
};
};

The only parts you need to concern yourself with are anything with a texture path in it .e.g the _ti (thermal image texture), the _as (ambient shadow), _nohq (normal map) and _smdi (specular/gloss/whatever). You need to re-direct those to the relevant file(s) used by your model(s), usually within the same pbo and file structure as the texture you're using.

Never mind I figured it out.

/*

Hi guys. I followed Stiltmans guide, and almost got it working. When I use the "view pilot" LOD, the helmet wont show ingame(invisible?)

When I use the geometry LOD it works, but then the helmet dislocated(stays by the hips). It wont work even if I set the Geometry LOD to autocenter=0. Can anyone help me?

*/

2015-08-06_000023.jpg

Thanks

Hello gentlemen:

I want to get some custom helmets and such going, anyone have any clue how to do this yet? I see no sample models for this, so I'm not entirely sure. I've made some vehicles and buildings for Arma 2, but I don't see how any of that knowledge would transpire into building custom helmets, or even tactical vests/plate carriers.

I sort of know how I would write the config for a new helmet, but as for the Model.CFG, I honestly have no idea if there would even be one, or what bones etc.

Thanks,

Richards

That's the first post. It seems like there are a lot of great answers here since then, at least for some of us. Can we possibly get an edit of the first post to make the final working facts easier to find? It would be great to have the scattered details in one area. EG: do we need to weight/mass the geometry LOD, checking for flipped faces, the code that actually works best, etc.

EDIT: I'm still having difficulties myself. Trying to figure it out makes me wonder: isn't there supposed to be a memory LOD?

If you have the samples folder in your ARMA3 tools on steam, take a look at the headgear sample, from memory, there's no memory point, as it's assigne to "Head" might also be worth checking for simple spelling errors too, they can fuck your config file up.

When you make your model, you should have 2 files, the config .cpp file, that has the model and texture data in it, and also the model.cfg file, you have to add this or it will not show in the game..

heres an example of my model.cfg

class ArmaMan: Default
    {
        htMin = 60;          // Minimum half-cooling time (in seconds)
        htMax = 1800;        // Maximum half-cooling time (in seconds)
        afMax = 30;          // Maximum temperature in case the model is alive (in celsius)
        mfMax = 0;           // Maximum temperature when the model is moving (in celsius)
        mFact = 1;           // Metabolism factor - number from interval <0, 1> (0 - metabolism has no influence, 1 - metabolism has full influence (no other temperature source will be considered)).
        tBody = 37;  // Metabolism temperature of the model (in celsius)

sections[] =
        {
            "osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury", "injury_body", "injury_legs", "injury_hands",
            "clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB","Camo1","Camo2","personality","hl", "injury_head", "insignia", "ghillie_hide"
        };
        skeletonName = "OFP2_ManSkeleton";
    };

class Mich2001_1: ArmaMan{};
    class FAST_HRS: ArmaMan{};
};

The green text is the name of the p3d file without the .p3d extension.

There's no weighting needed for headgear, vest etc that's a whole different ball game, and it's patience that's needed there, I just cheat really, I weight the whole lot with the same colour, and it seems fine in the game, you could spend ages weighting it the same as the torso, apparently you can use a skin wrap modifier in 3dsmax, get a hold of Stalkers Weighting guide, it will help too.

• Like 1

Never mind I figured it out.

/*

Hi guys. I followed Stiltmans guide, and almost got it working. When I use the "view pilot" LOD, the helmet wont show ingame(invisible?)

When I use the geometry LOD it works, but then the helmet dislocated(stays by the hips). It wont work even if I set the Geometry LOD to autocenter=0. Can anyone help me?

*/

2015-08-06_000023.jpg

Thanks

if you have the sample headgear model, just CTRL_A select all and delete the baseball cap, and then simply paste your model into the empty place, and save it to what you want, but make sure the name matches what you have in the model.cfg

I had the same issue, a quick search here solved it, just copy over the sample model, that worked for me ;)

If you have the samples folder in your ARMA3 tools on steam, take a look at the headgear sample, from memory, there's no memory point, as it's assigne to "Head" might also be worth checking for simple spelling errors too, they can fuck your config file up.

When you make your model, you should have 2 files, the config .cpp file, that has the model and texture data in it, and also the model.cfg file, you have to add this or it will not show in the game..

heres an example of my model.cfg

class ArmaMan: Default

{

htMin = 60;          // Minimum half-cooling time (in seconds)

htMax = 1800;        // Maximum half-cooling time (in seconds)

afMax = 30;          // Maximum temperature in case the model is alive (in celsius)

mfMax = 0;           // Maximum temperature when the model is moving (in celsius)

mFact = 1;           // Metabolism factor - number from interval <0, 1> (0 - metabolism has no influence, 1 - metabolism has full influence (no other temperature source will be considered)).

tBody = 37;  // Metabolism temperature of the model (in celsius)

sections[] =

{

"osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury", "injury_body", "injury_legs", "injury_hands",

"clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB","Camo1","Camo2","personality","hl", "injury_head", "insignia", "ghillie_hide"

};

};

class Mich2001_1: ArmaMan{};

class FAST_HRS: ArmaMan{};

};

The green text is the name of the p3d file without the .p3d extension.

There's no weighting needed for headgear, vest etc that's a whole different ball game, and it's patience that's needed there, I just cheat really, I weight the whole lot with the same colour, and it seems fine in the game, you could spend ages weighting it the same as the torso, apparently you can use a skin wrap modifier in 3dsmax, get a hold of Stalkers Weighting guide, it will help too.

This is the first time I'm noticing two class entries at the bottom. Which one is in reference to the .p3d file, and what is the other one referring to?

Attaching it to the head is the only issue I am currently trying to resolve. It must be a typo or syntax blunder, but likely so small that it is hard to identify. The helmet appears in Arsenal, fully textured and material-ed, and in the proper size, but like many others before me it just floats between the knees. I have a geometry LOD and LOD0, as well as an empty view-pilot LOD.

I'll have to check out Stalker's guide for sure, since my helmet has chinstraps that might look odd if the character is "talking" without any movement there.

EDIT: Derrrr... :blush2: Ok I had forgotten I shortened the class name of the helmet in the .cpp file. I must have fallen asleep right after that, because I can see why I did it even without remembering actually doing it. Moments like these make me glad my actual head is attached to my neck, or else I'd probably leave without it for the day. At any rate, the helmet is at least moving with the head now, and it just lacks positioning. I'm still curious what the two green text class references are, since I only needed one.

Don't worry about the 2nd entry, that was for the next helmet in my project, each time I edit/make a new one, I add it to the model.cfg before the config.cpp so I don't forget to do it !!  ;) use the sample model as a guid for the placement as well, sometimes I have to tweek mine, then once your happy, you can start using your modded helmet as the guide ;)

• Like 1

Ah, very good. So, if I want to make more helmets in the same directory, will I list them all on the one "model.cfg" file?

I've got my first helmet to work nearly perfectly, by the way. I just need to learn weighting for the chinstrap, which will hopefully come in handy when I am ready to create the rest of the uniform later on.

• Like 1

Yes, if you're adding more helmets, they need to be added to the model.cfg.

I wouldn't bother with weighting the chinstraps, I don't think were weighted in ARMA 2 or now in ARMA 3, if you have them all under "Head/head" that should be enough.

As far as I'm aware helmets are a seperate entity from the uniforms, so no need to weight them, you will just give yourself headaches getting them perfect, to the various parts of the cheek, I've never weighted any article that's attached to the head/headgear.

Please no hate if this is considered 'necro posting', I know some forums don't like this sort of thing. 

Anyway, I am - like everyone else posting here - needing help with there helmet mod. I have gotten it in game but the helmet floats and isn't attached. I have tried all the suggestions that seemed to work for others in this thread to no avail. Any help would be obliged.

p3d, config and model.cfg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5M1QxLHUjE3a0VqYTBWNndMTkk&usp=sharing

Please no hate if this is considered 'necro posting', I know some forums don't like this sort of thing. 

Anyway, I am - like everyone else posting here - needing help with there helmet mod. I have gotten it in game but the helmet floats and isn't attached. I have tried all the suggestions that seemed to work for others in this thread to no avail. Any help would be obliged.

p3d, config and model.cfg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5M1QxLHUjE3a0VqYTBWNndMTkk&usp=sharing

The cfgModels class name (in the model.cfg) has to be the same as the name of your .p3d file

So

class Helmet: ArmaMan
	{
	};

needs changing to

class Phase_II: ArmaMan
	{
	};

The cfgModels class name (in the model.cfg) has to be the same as the name of your .p3d file

So

class Helmet: ArmaMan
	{
	};

needs changing to

class Phase_II: ArmaMan
	{
	};

Thanks! That worked a charm, I thought I had changed it all but i guess not.

Sorry to double post, thanks to this forums help I have fixed my first issue, but now I strangely can't get the texture to work. I should say it did work fine at first as I was able to see it in game, but then I needed to fix some small parts on it after spotting some errors. So I just updated the texture in Object Builder after tweaking and tried to repack it. However it now fails to pack stating cannot copy texture. As soon as I remove the texture from the model in Object builder it packs successfully. In object builder when I try to view the model w/ the texture enabled all I can see is a pink and white error texture. 

Obviously due to being new I can't start my own threads, so I know this is off-topic from the original post but I felt there were no similar queries in more texture related threads, as well people looking here will probably have the same issues as I head so it will be handy to have things all in one place.

EDIT: this post is redundant, didn't realise I could post ( forgot how old my account is )

Yes, if you're adding more helmets, they need to be added to the model.cfg.

I wouldn't bother with weighting the chinstraps, I don't think were weighted in ARMA 2 or now in ARMA 3, if you have them all under "Head/head" that should be enough.

As far as I'm aware helmets are a seperate entity from the uniforms, so no need to weight them, you will just give yourself headaches getting them perfect, to the various parts of the cheek, I've never weighted any article that's attached to the head/headgear.

I meant to reply to this a while back, but it's been crazy busy in my household.

As a point of fact I did get the chinstrap weighted to "jaw" or "jawbone" (can't exactly remember now since it's been months). It works perfectly, because when the soldiers talk/chew/yawn/etc. the helmet's chinstrap moves with the chin. Thankfully, my helmet's chinstrap is fairly simple, so there was no headache involved.

Now that I've got that covered, I'll have more knowledge going in once I start to create the neck-gaiter. Kind of a cross between a bandanna and a balaclava, the neck-gaiter (raised over the mouth and nose) will require more weighting around the mouth area. Now THAT sounds like a headache, but it's achievable. Some might say, "Why not just use a bandanna?" The simple answer is the gaiter has a more defined jaw line, whereas a bandanna just kind of hangs down. Neck-gaiters are a standard issue item in many soldier uniforms, especially US Army, and for the purposes of this game they just add distinct customization.

For anybody doing helmets and headgear, still reading this thread, and want to take it to the next level, then I suggest looking at the model.cfg file for a helmet and see what bones are available to weight to. You could be creative and add a band-aid or thick beard as if it were headgear, if you wanted. Anything attached to the skull should be left alone, but anything influenced by jaw and/or mouth movement can be given life with weights.

Hey guys, 

I know it's a very old topic, but im at the end of my knowledge.

I tried to implement the cap for 6 days I think. My problem is that the cap doesnt attach to the head.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92frPVDRGGTVmRrcGJuZ0NRUEU/view?usp=drivesdk

It would be great if somebody, who is better than me could take a quick look at this. 

Config.cpp

Spoiler

enum {
DESTRUCTENGINE = 2,
DESTRUCTDEFAULT = 6,
DESTRUCTWRECK = 7,
DESTRUCTTREE = 3,
DESTRUCTTENT = 4,
STABILIZEDINAXISX = 1,
STABILIZEDINAXESXYZ = 4,
STABILIZEDINAXISY = 2,
STABILIZEDINAXESBOTH = 3,
DESTRUCTNO = 0,
STABILIZEDINAXESNONE = 0,
DESTRUCTMAN = 5,
DESTRUCTBUILDING = 1,
};
class CfgPatches {
    class BP_Cap_01 {
    units[] = {};
    weapons[] = {};
    requiredVersion = 0.1;
    requiredAddons[] = {};
        };
};
class cfgWeapons {
    class ItemCore;    // External class reference
        class InventoryItem_Base_F;    // External class reference
            class HeadgearItem;
                class BP_Cap : ItemCore {
                scope = 2;
                weaponPoolAvailable = 1;
                displayName = "BP_Cap";
                picture = "";
                model = "\officer_hat\officer";
                    class ItemInfo : HeadgearItem {
                    mass = 10;
                    uniformModel = "\officer_hat\officer";
                    modelSides[] = {0};
                    armor = 3*0.5;
                    passThrough = 0.8;
                };
            };
    };

Model.cfg

Spoiler

class CfgSkeletons
{
class Default
{
isDiscrete = 1;
skeletonInherit = "";
skeletonBones[] = {};
};
class OFP2_ManSkeleton
{
isDiscrete = 0;
skeletonInherit = "";
skeletonBones[] =
{
"Pelvis","",
"Spine","Pelvis",
"Spine1","Spine",
"Spine2","Spine1",
"Spine3","Spine2",
"Camera","Pelvis",
"weapon","Spine1",
"launcher","Spine1",
//Head skeleton in hierarchy
"neck","Spine3",
"neck1","neck",
"head","neck1",
//New facial features
"Face_Hub","head",
"Face_Jawbone","Face_Hub",
"Face_Jowl","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_chopRight","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_chopLeft","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_LipLowerMiddle","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_LipLowerLeft","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_LipLowerRight","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_Chin","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_Tongue","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_CornerRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekSideRight","Face_CornerRight",
"Face_CornerLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekSideLeft","Face_CornerLeft",
"Face_CheekFrontRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekFrontLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekUpperRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_LipUpperMiddle","Face_Hub",
"Face_LipUpperRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_LipUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_NostrilRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_NostrilLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_Forehead","Face_Hub",
"Face_BrowFrontRight","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowFrontLeft","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowMiddle","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowSideRight","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowSideLeft","Face_Forehead",
"Face_Eyelids","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidUpperRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidLowerRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidLowerLeft","Face_Hub",
"EyeLeft","Face_Hub",
"EyeRight","Face_Hub",
//Left upper side
"LeftShoulder","Spine3",
"LeftArm","LeftShoulder",
"LeftArmRoll","LeftArm",
"LeftForeArm","LeftArmRoll",
"LeftForeArmRoll","LeftForeArm",
"LeftHand","LeftForeArmRoll",
"LeftHandRing","LeftHand",
"LeftHandRing1","LeftHandRing",
"LeftHandRing2","LeftHandRing1",
"LeftHandRing3","LeftHandRing2",
"LeftHandPinky1","LeftHandRing",
"LeftHandPinky2","LeftHandPinky1",
"LeftHandPinky3","LeftHandPinky2",
"LeftHandMiddle1","LeftHand",
"LeftHandMiddle2","LeftHandMiddle1",
"LeftHandMiddle3","LeftHandMiddle2",
"LeftHandIndex1","LeftHand",
"LeftHandIndex2","LeftHandIndex1",
"LeftHandIndex3","LeftHandIndex2",
"LeftHandThumb1","LeftHand",
"LeftHandThumb2","LeftHandThumb1",
"LeftHandThumb3","LeftHandThumb2",
//Right upper side
"RightShoulder","Spine3",
"RightArm","RightShoulder",
"RightArmRoll","RightArm",
"RightForeArm","RightArmRoll",
"RightForeArmRoll","RightForeArm",
"RightHand","RightForeArmRoll",
"RightHandRing","RightHand",
"RightHandRing1","RightHandRing",
"RightHandRing2","RightHandRing1",
"RightHandRing3","RightHandRing2",
"RightHandPinky1","RightHandRing",
"RightHandPinky2","RightHandPinky1",
"RightHandPinky3","RightHandPinky2",
"RightHandMiddle1","RightHand",
"RightHandMiddle2","RightHandMiddle1",
"RightHandMiddle3","RightHandMiddle2",
"RightHandIndex1","RightHand",
"RightHandIndex2","RightHandIndex1",
"RightHandIndex3","RightHandIndex2",
"RightHandThumb1","RightHand",
"RightHandThumb2","RightHandThumb1",
"RightHandThumb3","RightHandThumb2",
//Left lower side
"LeftUpLeg","Pelvis",
"LeftUpLegRoll","LeftUpLeg",
"LeftLeg","LeftUpLegRoll",
"LeftLegRoll","LeftLeg",
"LeftFoot","LeftLegRoll",
"LeftToeBase","LeftFoot",
//Right lower side
"RightUpLeg","Pelvis",
"RightUpLegRoll","RightUpLeg",
"RightLeg","RightUpLegRoll",
"RightLegRoll","RightLeg",
"RightFoot","RightLegRoll",
"RightToeBase","RightFoot"
};
// location of pivot points (local axes) for hierarchical animation
pivotsModel="A3\anims_f\data\skeleton\SkeletonPivots.p3d";
};
};
class CfgModels
{
class Default
{
sectionsInherit="";
sections[] = {};
skeletonName = "";
};
class ArmaMan : Default
{
htMin = 60; // Minimum half-cooling time (in seconds)
htMax = 1800; // Maximum half-cooling time (in seconds)
afMax = 30; // Maximum temperature in case the model is alive (in celsius)
mfMax = 0; // Maximum temperature when the model is moving (in celsius)
mFact = 1; // Metabolism factor - number from interval <0, 1> (0 - metabolism has no influence, 1 - metabolism has full influence (no other temperature source will be considered)).
tBody = 37; // Metabolism temperature of the model (in celsius)
sections[] =
{
"osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury","injury_body", "injury_legs", "injury_hands",
"clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB","Camo1","Camo2","personality","hl", "injury_head"
};
};
class BP_Cap : ArmaMan {};
};

aaand the . p3d:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92frPVDRGGTOTduT2lpQ2dYTjg/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks already to the one who takes his time :)

Been a while since I did any headgear, but I can try to take a look... no guarantees, though. I'd basically be jogging my own memory as I go.

EDIT: I think you need a mesh in your geometry LOD, then component-convex-hull the new mesh.  I didn't check your config, but looking at your image, I think this problem has been addressed somewhere. You might not need a model.cfg, since it's a static object, also because you're borrowing the "head" animations from the character, which already has a model.cfg. At least that's how I understood it.

I tried it as u mentioned,but sadly it didnt help. 

The Cap still hovers at the position where i placed it in O2...

3 hours ago, Cpt.Peakz said:

Hey guys, 

I know it's a very old topic, but im at the end of my knowledge.

I tried to implement the cap for 6 days I think. My problem is that the cap doesnt attach to the head.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92frPVDRGGTVmRrcGJuZ0NRUEU/view?usp=drivesdk

It would be great if somebody, who is better than me could take a quick look at this. 

Config.cpp

Reveal hidden contents

enum {
DESTRUCTENGINE = 2,
DESTRUCTDEFAULT = 6,
DESTRUCTWRECK = 7,
DESTRUCTTREE = 3,
DESTRUCTTENT = 4,
STABILIZEDINAXISX = 1,
STABILIZEDINAXESXYZ = 4,
STABILIZEDINAXISY = 2,
STABILIZEDINAXESBOTH = 3,
DESTRUCTNO = 0,
STABILIZEDINAXESNONE = 0,
DESTRUCTMAN = 5,
DESTRUCTBUILDING = 1,
};
class CfgPatches {
    class BP_Cap_01 {
    units[] = {};
    weapons[] = {};
    requiredVersion = 0.1;
    requiredAddons[] = {};
        };
};
class cfgWeapons {
    class ItemCore;    // External class reference
        class InventoryItem_Base_F;    // External class reference
            class HeadgearItem;
                class BP_Cap : ItemCore {
                scope = 2;
                weaponPoolAvailable = 1;
                displayName = "BP_Cap";
                picture = "";
                model = "\officer_hat\officer";
                    class ItemInfo : HeadgearItem {
                    mass = 10;
                    uniformModel = "\officer_hat\officer";
                    modelSides[] = {0};
                    armor = 3*0.5;
                    passThrough = 0.8;
                };
            };
    };

Model.cfg

Hide contents

class CfgSkeletons
{
class Default
{
isDiscrete = 1;
skeletonInherit = "";
skeletonBones[] = {};
};
class OFP2_ManSkeleton
{
isDiscrete = 0;
skeletonInherit = "";
skeletonBones[] =
{
"Pelvis","",
"Spine","Pelvis",
"Spine1","Spine",
"Spine2","Spine1",
"Spine3","Spine2",
"Camera","Pelvis",
"weapon","Spine1",
"launcher","Spine1",
//Head skeleton in hierarchy
"neck","Spine3",
"neck1","neck",
"head","neck1",
//New facial features
"Face_Hub","head",
"Face_Jawbone","Face_Hub",
"Face_Jowl","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_chopRight","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_chopLeft","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_LipLowerMiddle","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_LipLowerLeft","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_LipLowerRight","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_Chin","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_Tongue","Face_Jawbone",
"Face_CornerRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekSideRight","Face_CornerRight",
"Face_CornerLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekSideLeft","Face_CornerLeft",
"Face_CheekFrontRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekFrontLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekUpperRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_CheekUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_LipUpperMiddle","Face_Hub",
"Face_LipUpperRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_LipUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_NostrilRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_NostrilLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_Forehead","Face_Hub",
"Face_BrowFrontRight","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowFrontLeft","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowMiddle","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowSideRight","Face_Forehead",
"Face_BrowSideLeft","Face_Forehead",
"Face_Eyelids","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidUpperRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidUpperLeft","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidLowerRight","Face_Hub",
"Face_EyelidLowerLeft","Face_Hub",
"EyeLeft","Face_Hub",
"EyeRight","Face_Hub",
//Left upper side
"LeftShoulder","Spine3",
"LeftArm","LeftShoulder",
"LeftArmRoll","LeftArm",
"LeftForeArm","LeftArmRoll",
"LeftForeArmRoll","LeftForeArm",
"LeftHand","LeftForeArmRoll",
"LeftHandRing","LeftHand",
"LeftHandRing1","LeftHandRing",
"LeftHandRing2","LeftHandRing1",
"LeftHandRing3","LeftHandRing2",
"LeftHandPinky1","LeftHandRing",
"LeftHandPinky2","LeftHandPinky1",
"LeftHandPinky3","LeftHandPinky2",
"LeftHandMiddle1","LeftHand",
"LeftHandMiddle2","LeftHandMiddle1",
"LeftHandMiddle3","LeftHandMiddle2",
"LeftHandIndex1","LeftHand",
"LeftHandIndex2","LeftHandIndex1",
"LeftHandIndex3","LeftHandIndex2",
"LeftHandThumb1","LeftHand",
"LeftHandThumb2","LeftHandThumb1",
"LeftHandThumb3","LeftHandThumb2",
//Right upper side
"RightShoulder","Spine3",
"RightArm","RightShoulder",
"RightArmRoll","RightArm",
"RightForeArm","RightArmRoll",
"RightForeArmRoll","RightForeArm",
"RightHand","RightForeArmRoll",
"RightHandRing","RightHand",
"RightHandRing1","RightHandRing",
"RightHandRing2","RightHandRing1",
"RightHandRing3","RightHandRing2",
"RightHandPinky1","RightHandRing",
"RightHandPinky2","RightHandPinky1",
"RightHandPinky3","RightHandPinky2",
"RightHandMiddle1","RightHand",
"RightHandMiddle2","RightHandMiddle1",
"RightHandMiddle3","RightHandMiddle2",
"RightHandIndex1","RightHand",
"RightHandIndex2","RightHandIndex1",
"RightHandIndex3","RightHandIndex2",
"RightHandThumb1","RightHand",
"RightHandThumb2","RightHandThumb1",
"RightHandThumb3","RightHandThumb2",
//Left lower side
"LeftUpLeg","Pelvis",
"LeftUpLegRoll","LeftUpLeg",
"LeftLeg","LeftUpLegRoll",
"LeftLegRoll","LeftLeg",
"LeftFoot","LeftLegRoll",
"LeftToeBase","LeftFoot",
//Right lower side
"RightUpLeg","Pelvis",
"RightUpLegRoll","RightUpLeg",
"RightLeg","RightUpLegRoll",
"RightLegRoll","RightLeg",
"RightFoot","RightLegRoll",
"RightToeBase","RightFoot"
};
// location of pivot points (local axes) for hierarchical animation
pivotsModel="A3\anims_f\data\skeleton\SkeletonPivots.p3d";
};
};
class CfgModels
{
class Default
{
sectionsInherit="";
sections[] = {};
skeletonName = "";
};
class ArmaMan : Default
{
htMin = 60; // Minimum half-cooling time (in seconds)
htMax = 1800; // Maximum half-cooling time (in seconds)
afMax = 30; // Maximum temperature in case the model is alive (in celsius)
mfMax = 0; // Maximum temperature when the model is moving (in celsius)
mFact = 1; // Metabolism factor - number from interval <0, 1> (0 - metabolism has no influence, 1 - metabolism has full influence (no other temperature source will be considered)).
tBody = 37; // Metabolism temperature of the model (in celsius)
sections[] =
{
"osobnost","Head_Injury","Body_Injury","l_leg_injury","l_arm_injury","r_arm_injury","r_leg_injury","injury_body", "injury_legs", "injury_hands",
"clan","clan_sign","Camo","CamoB","Camo1","Camo2","personality","hl", "injury_head"
};
};
class BP_Cap : ArmaMan {};
};

aaand the . p3d:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B92frPVDRGGTOTduT2lpQ2dYTjg/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks already to the one who takes his time :)

Your P3d needs to be named the same as your BP_Cap, as its what is being defined in the Model.cfg, whereas your P3d is named "Officer.p3d" So the game doesn't know what your wanting to do with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PolyG said:

Your P3d needs to be named the same as your BP_Cap, as its what is being defined in the Model.cfg, whereas your P3d is named "Officer.p3d" So the game doesn't know what your wanting to do with it.

@Cpt.Peakz: oh yes, then there's that ^. LOL. And I was wrong about you not needing a model.cfg. I said that while hastily looking in my helmets folder to figure out what I had done a few years ago.

But just a suggestion: I would name your cap something more descriptive, like my_hat_officer/my_hat_officer.p3d, or some such - as long as it matches. I'd avoid using the actual word "my," but instead use your initials or your project tag. E.G.: my two Cobra Standard Combat Helmets (Officer and Enlisted) are called cobra_scho and cobra_sche. This might help them not get confused with other mods, in case someone is trying to identify them. It's still good to have a mesh in the geo LOD in case you want it to lay about, I think. I've got one on my helmets, as well.