How would I take the Beret and helmet from BAF and add it into the Alpha?

You can't because the pbos are binarized. But you can use the sample models from Arma 1 released by BIS, some of the models are wearing berets.

Hello Gentlemen: I have a problem to assign a new camo helmet Arma3, the game appears camo default again.

Here is part of config.cpp

class ItemCore; // External class reference

class HeadGearItem; // External class reference

class FAL_Helmet_Des : H_HelmetB {

scope = 2;

weaponPoolAvailable = 1;

picture = "\A3\characters_f\Data\UI\icon_H_HelmetB_CA.paa";

model = "\a3\characters_f\blufor\headgear_b_helmet_ballistic";

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\fal_uni_army\data\equip1_desert_co.paa"};

displayName = "FAL Helmet Des";

class ItemInfo : HeadGearItem {

mass = 100;

uniformModel = "\a3\characters_f\blufor\headgear_b_helmet_ballistic";

modelSides[] = {3, 1};

armor = 3*0.5;

passThrough = 0.8;

hiddenSelections[] = {"camo"};

};

};

Someone can tell me I'm doing wrong. thanks

I believe it was stated that right now hiddenSelection doesn't work on all the gear types yet, I believe helmets is one of those things. Don't quote me but I am pretty sure that was what was said here on the forums.

Regards,

Austin.

First of all I'm noob in 3D modeling. Last week I was playing with 3ds Max and O2. Didn't have problems with it model is perfect even I use some old textures from A2 and with minor tweaks it works.

My model is protecting his lungs instead of head. What ever I do it is always placed inside of chest. when I move head for example watching shoes helmet get out on back and how I moving head helmet follow the movement.

Description of my procedure:

1. Made 3dmodel in 3dsmax, export it and import in O2 and put textures.
  2. select all and create Head allthis was copy and paste in A3 headgear template so have all this LODs
  3. create config and model files and made pbo

I was playing with pin as well but no changes in game.

What did I miss or done wrong?

I figured out.

Basically just to move my model in same location as Cap on A3 example model on x,y and z axis. Then do some fine tuning and it is done. Fit like glove.

You could load your model on character example and fit to it and than copy paste your helmet in A3 headgear template and that's it more or less.

Now we need more detail on Jawbone and helmet stripes issue I don't know it yet exactly why should and how to do it.

Same goes for night vision thing and how to make place holder on helmet.

So just need answer on those two details and we got detailed tutorial for headgear. Even noobs like me could understand what, why and how.

This is 3 basic questions what any tutorial should answer.

My model is look ok but there is some twweks need to be done.

I made just one LOD.

1. So I have helmet which disapire from head after approximate 100m.
  2. Shadow, I don't have it set up at all so there is no shadow on face or even my characters shadow look like I don't wear helmet at all.
  3. Set up armour for some basic protection to made helmet realistic and useful.

Could you help me to continuing this good tutorial thread to teach us noobs with some details. ;)

Thanks.

Could someone please make a video/video series on how to do this? By starting from the VERY beginning, setting up BITOOLS, how you should manage your folders/workflow, etc....I have yet to find an informative up-to-date video like that.

Could someone please make a video/video series on how to do this? By starting from the VERY beginning, setting up BITOOLS, how you should manage your folders/workflow, etc....I have yet to find an informative up-to-date video like that.

What he said...would love to get into this but very scattered info and a little confusing................

What he said...would love to get into this but very scattered info and a little confusing................

Indeed, this right here.... Seriously.

I really wish the Persians had different helmets, I cant stand them. someone please make a more realistic helmet and not a bug face.

I really wish the Persians had different helmets, I cant stand them. someone please make a more realistic helmet and not a bug face.

It's based off of Russian helmets. It's really like a future Russian ZSh 1-z helmet with double eye-pieces (think Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 1 "Cross-Com" eye-piece). The special forces one (with only one eye-piece) looks more realistic. That said, it'd be nice to see a 6b7 helmet or something.

hey man! I really suggest you to work on some "pilots" helmet, the one ingame looks pretty "dumb"; some pictures to give you the idea

433827_0.JPG

top-gun-008.jpg

Another thing to look out for if your helmet is at the guy's crotch and won't move:

Make sure all your LOD's that have geometry (Visible LODs, Shadow, Geometry if you have) have a "Head" selection and contain everything that is supposed to move with the head (in case of helmets/hats it's the entire model). If you want your chinstrap to move with the face animation you have to rig it to the relevant bones of the head, but i'm not sure how to do it in O2 yet. I vagualy remember seeing a tutorial somewhere for arma 2.

I cannot get this to work for the life of me.

I've copy and pasted a box into the example file from the Arma Tools.

I've added in the model.cfg and put the exact name of the p3d in the cfgmodels.

When I put on the helmet, it is invisible, but when I set it on the ground, it is visible. It is not visible in third person either.

Any suggestions?

Can someone take a look at my p3d ?

Hey Payne, so here is a working version of it in game. I made your config look structured so it is easier to view and did the same for your model config. The main problem I saw was that you did not select the entire helmet under the selection 'head' you only selected the vertices somehow... the best way to do this for helmets is hit Ctrl +A so you select everything then redefine the 'head' selection. Anything bound to head will move with the players head... otherwise it just sits right around his groin lol. Sorry if I am dumbing anything down that you already understand. Hopefully this helps, also one thing I noticed is that the class you call in the model config should be the same as the p3d file name.... I do not know if this is true or not simply that mine seem to not always work unless I do that...

Now with regards to the LODs, I also added a simple geom lod and positioned it for you... you need the geom lod so the game knows where it exists.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IFQVixsO2bUDBNaTc4RFdPejQ/view?usp=sharing

Here are some pictures to help explain what is happening: http://imgur.com/QSJ7tHs,5vNqkXM,geziAbu,R9lhwCs

EDIT: Totally forgot you also had you model inverted or whatever it is called where the outside walls are not visible... to fix that you just select everything and hit the W key and it will fix it. :)

Edited by Warden_1

Ok nice, big thanks for your help.

The beginning of Modding in Arma is really hard, but i hope to get some decent things working.I also tryd converting a Gun but with no luck.

---------- Post added at 18:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

Ok i tryd your helmet, but it doesnt work, it says Cannot load object.

Hmmm.... weird did you make sure to pbo up the helmet folder? and the whole thing? So your structure looks like this helmet\ instead of helmet\helmet? Here is a link to a working PBO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IFQVixsO2bd1dNVEVpU3FYWFU/view?usp=sharing

I try to help as much as I can because when I started with stuff it was very hard and confusing but now I am starting to understand more of it.

Hmmm.... weird did you make sure to pbo up the helmet folder? and the whole thing? So your structure looks like this helmet\ instead of helmet\helmet? Here is a link to a working PBO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IFQVixsO2bd1dNVEVpU3FYWFU/view?usp=sharing

I try to help as much as I can because when I started with stuff it was very hard and confusing but now I am starting to understand more of it.

Yes i packed the helmet folder, the Mod folder structure is correct.But it seems that the AddonBuilder doesnt binarized the whole Addon anyway but i checked the option for that.So, ill give it another try with a new Helmet and test what you said and see if everything works.

But big thanks anyway, i think i know now how to correctly put in new Gear, hope to get Backpacks etc working with that Proxies and so on.

oh yeah I dont use addon builder so I wouldnt know about that... kickin it old school with BinPBO

• Like 1

Sorry if this is off topic but ive never been able to create a new post in the whole time ive been a member & I really need some answers on a modding subject.

Does anybody know if its possible to create new Custom slots . EG break down the single uniform to new separate torso/pants/boots/gloves slots or are the slots hard coded.

Same goes for weapons is it possible to create an entirely new class of weapon with the corresponding custom slot.

I would like to create new content and Clothing SLOTS that you can mix and match & maybe even a full body Injury / dismemberment system.

Edited by AlphaWolF

Sorry if this is off topic but ive never been able to create a new post in the whole time ive been a member & I really need some answers on a modding subject.

Does anybody know if its possible to create new Custom slots . EG break down the single uniform to new separate torso/pants/boots/gloves slots or are the slots hard coded.

Same goes for weapons is it possible to create an entirely new class of weapon with the corresponding custom slot.

I would like to create new content and Clothing SLOTS that you can mix and match & maybe even a full body Injury / dismemberment system.

You have to have a minimum number of posts before you can make a new thread, as for the slots thing, I have no idea, but if I had to guess, it's probably not possible since no one else has done it yet.