Could anyone rework on UPSMON script to fit for arma3?

I tried to implement it, but always got message "MPframework.sqf not found". I found when script call it from arma2 ca, but I don't understand this part of the script, so I'm not sure to delete it.

That is the UPSMon Debug script its calling as far as I am aware ( Only reason i know is because i don't get that error when Upsmon Debug is off.)

Go to your Init_UPSmon.sqf and Disable the Debug.

Be aware. The current version for Arma3 doesnt include parameters like "fortify". Check inside the .sqf for available parameters.

just what i'm looking for. I guess I'm just so used to using upsmon script, or I'm just too lazy :cool:

I've also ported UPSMON.

Link: http://sacha.ligthert.net/ARMA/3/UPSMON%20ArmA%203.7z

Changes:

* Removed the dependency on the MPframework out of ArmA 2;

* Replaced the marker names;

* Implemented a new way to check for locked vehicles due to an update to the API. See: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=97

---------- Post added at 10:25 ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 ----------

Be aware. The current version for Arma3 doesnt include parameters like "fortify". Check inside the .sqf for available parameters.

It works in the UPSMON version I've posted above. The units go into buildings (we are missing a lot of static weapons at this time) and camp the windows. :)

Once the OA beta codebase is merged with A3, you may use the UPSMON (multi-)HC version because of the dependency on the hasInterface-statement.

For the mission developers:

- With a single HC, just chuck it in your mission and create a HC slot.

- With multiple HC, give each HC its own script to execute to prevent localities on an HC scale.

Download: http://sacha.ligthert.net/ARMA/3/UPSMON%20ArmA%203%20HC.7z

Hey there!

Did you get the mortar(mk6?) working so that the AI fires it on known enemy positions?

If it doesnt work, would it be possible for you to try and get it to work?

Or atleast give some pointers on what needs to change for it to work.

Edited by Bumgie

I haven't tested it yet. I will take a shot at it today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the effort.

I was wondering if i could set a trigger to active the enemy to spwan if so how would i go about doing this

Edited by hellstorm77

Once the OA beta codebase is merged with A3, you may use the UPSMON (multi-)HC version because of the dependency on the hasInterface-statement.

For the mission developers:

- With a single HC, just chuck it in your mission and create a HC slot.

- With multiple HC, give each HC its own script to execute to prevent localities on an HC scale.

Download: http://sacha.ligthert.net/ARMA/3/UPSMON%20ArmA%203%20HC.7z

Can you please make a simple hc mission using this. i got server and hc working on arma 3.

Thanks

Any progress on the artillery ligthert ?

Also anyone heard anythin regarding hasinterface and other commands making it into arma3?

I was wondering if i could set a trigger to active the enemy to spwan if so how would i go about doing this

Yes you can, and there are several ways to do this. Among those ways I've used to following two in the past:

1) the use of MON_spawn (https://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki/MON_spawn)

2) Or they hacky way I did this:

if !(player == HCSlot) exitwith {};

_sideHQ = createCenter east;

// Area 1
grp1 = createGroup east;
grp1 = [getMarkerPos "area", east, 7] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader grp1,"area1","nofollow","nowait","noveh","random"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";
sleep 2;

grp2 = createGroup east;
grp2 = [getMarkerPos "area", east, 7] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
nul = [leader grp2,"area1","nofollow","nowait","noveh","random"] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";
sleep 2;

Can you please make a simple hc mission using this. i got server and hc working on arma 3.

DePBO this mission: http://sacha.ligthert.net/ARMA/3/TDNL_co80_Stratis_Slaughter.Stratis.pbo

This is a heavily mutalated version of UPSMON, but works on the same principle as the UPSMON HC I released for A2 (http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/16u1zm/this_is_for_you_mission_makers_upsmon_with_hc/). In this version it checks for a player named HCSlot and then has it execute the UPSMON code.

In the co80 version I mutilated the displaying of markers, so it isn't that usable, unless you strip it out.

Any progress on the artillery ligthert ?

Also anyone heard anythin regarding hasinterface and other commands making it into arma3?

Arti, not yet. I am kinda ArmA fatigued at the moment.

As for the hasInterface command, my guesstimate is later this week (Valve-time).

With the UPS script for ARMA3 Alpha, has anyone got this functionality to work?

• If you want to avoid the area marker to be seen during the pre-mission briefing,

you can add the following line to your init.sqf:

"markername" setMarkerPos [-(getMarkerPos "markername" select 0),-(getMarkerPos "markername" select 1)];

As it's a bit of a giveaway having grey boxes where all the enemy will be spawning.....

dunno but you could use

[color=#000000][font=Lucida Console]"marker_name" setMarkerAlpha 0;[/font][/color]

in your init..

nice idea, doesn't seem to work (tested locally and dedicated server side)

Also tried:

"markerName" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0

in the init.sqf but that still doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 ----------

OK, I've found a workaround that's a bit messy, but does the job.

Instead of making rectangular markers for the UPS spawn, use the ICON marker type, but still set the dimensions you need for x and y (suggest creating it as a rectangle first, getting the dimensions right, then converting it to an empty icon.

Because this empty icon marker becomes bigger then the map and impossible to see properly!

However UPS will happily spawn your AI into the correct rectangle, and work without showing any areas to the player.

Thought some people might like to know. (or have a neater solution.....)

~Z~

{_x SetMarkerAlpha 0} forEach ["area1","area2","area3","area4"];

works fine for me... and my marker names are area1. area 2. etc. they could be anything. works fine.

Hey,

Do you think there's a chance you could add me on Skype so I could talk with you about the UPSMON script?

My Skype username is Freddan962.

Cheers,

There's definately a problem with this latest UPSMON version 5.1.0 beta 1. Here is the spawn script I'm using, called from a trigger. ON ACT:

null = ["Spawnpoint01","PatrolArea01"] execVM "scripts\Spawn_OPFGrp1.sqf";

where on my map, there is a marker called "Spawnpoint01" and a patrol area called "PatrolArea01".

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Function file for Armed Assault
// Created by: TODO: Author Name
// Call init with _nul = ["spawnPoint_01", "patrolArea_01"] execVM "Spawn_scripts/Spawn_OPForGp1.sqf";
// N.B. Needs Functions Module Added on Map (** INGORE THIS. NOT USED IN ARMA3 ALPHA ** )
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
_spawnPoint = _this select 0;
_patrolArea = _this select 1;

_side = if (count _this > 3) then {_this select 3} else {EAST};
_skill = if (count _this > 4) then {_this select 4} else {[0.1, 0.4]};
_units = if (count _this > 2) then {_this select 2} else {["O_soldier_TL_F","O_soldier_F","O_soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_AR_F","O_soldier_LAT_F","O_medic_F","O_soldier_repair_F","O_soldier_M_F"]};
_pos = getMarkerPos _spawnPoint;
_spawngroup = CreateGroup EAST;
_spawngroup = [_pos, _side, _units, [], [], _skill] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;
sleep 3;
[_grp,_patrolArea,"NOWAIT","RANDOMDN","SPAWNED","DELETE:",300] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";

The group spawns ok, and teleports to the patrol area, but after a few seconds they all surrender with their arms in the air.

Anybody go any ideas?

--- UPDATE ---

Figured it out. Correction in above script.

Edited by Beerkan

With the UPS script for ARMA3 Alpha, has anyone got this functionality to work?

As it's a bit of a giveaway having grey boxes where all the enemy will be spawning.....

dunno but you could use

[color=#000000][font=Lucida Console]"marker_name" setMarkerAlpha 0;[/font][/color]

in your init..

nice idea, doesn't seem to work (tested locally and dedicated server side)

Also tried:

in the init.sqf but that still doesn't work.

---------- Post added at 05:12 ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 ----------

OK, I've found a workaround that's a bit messy, but does the job.

Instead of making rectangular markers for the UPS spawn, use the ICON marker type, but still set the dimensions you need for x and y (suggest creating it as a rectangle first, getting the dimensions right, then converting it to an empty icon.

Because this empty icon marker becomes bigger then the map and impossible to see properly!

However UPS will happily spawn your AI into the correct rectangle, and work without showing any areas to the player.

Thought some people might like to know. (or have a neater solution.....)

~Z~

{_x SetMarkerAlpha 0} forEach ["area1","area2","area3","area4"];

works fine for me... and my marker names are area1. area 2. etc. they could be anything. works fine.

This all works or course. Or you can use the build-in solution as per official documentation:

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/upsmon/wiki/Hints_and_Tips (#2)

The end result is the same, but I can't hurt to remind you all of the official documentation and that its out there. :)

I have a question that might be pretty complicated. Lets say we have 2 objectives with patrol areas around them. Players engage enemys at obj one. The players get killed and decide to do obj 2 instead. Is it possible for all the units at obj one, to despawn and respawn, at obj 1 patrol area, when they have not had contact in a certain amount of time? The point of this would be to kind of reset the obj after the players have left it alone, for lets say 15 minutes.

Edited by klakins

Has anyone successfully used the reinforcement feature in A3 yet? I haven't used it in some time, and I'm having some trouble. Was just curious if it's me and I need to keep trying, or if it's the script and/or alpha-status of A3.

BTW, thanks very much for your time in bringing this to A3, ligthert. Much appreciated.

Hi,

I'm using your script for my mission on Arma 3 Alpha and it's work fine with all kinds of unit except for 'Divers'.

Any chance to have an update including patrolling Divers?

Thanks anyway this script it's awesome! :o