SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

I agree it that be challenging to land alive - I will move the drop point more far away from selected respawn point and lower the drop height.

When should I start building a base? Where should I build a base?

Also I just landed in the SP version at the international airport. There was a T-100 waiting for us.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

When will be available stable or full version Whole lotta Altis COOP ?

Will need to wait more patches for game, just tested with friend and once I drove truck to light fence the game instantly crashed for him and server minute later. The MP side of the game isnt stable enough currently to play the COOP. SP works without problems, random pauses seems to be gone too.

Edit: Base building dont have yet proper role in the mission (expect give extra respawn-point in COOP) expect if creating it near friendly camp to offer more protection for it (with static guns).

Oh okay that's too bad. I thought since there was a primary objective to build a camp it would be useful. It doesn't give you an ammo cache or anything?

It gives you free ammo/weapn crates, but not yet crate to store stuff. I try to work on that soon, should be quite easy to add.

Only coming once when creating the base camp, but the same crates are very cheap in support menu.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?SuZWwsswYEU

New SP version 0.9 of WLA is here (Steam, Dropbox. Other mirrors very soon). If you use F/A-18 Super Hornet, make sure its the latest version (using change new classname in the mission).

Change Log:
-Storage crate can be now build for guardpost (all stuff placed in that should remain, except the content in stored vests/backbags - move stuff from those to the crate space), expanded car alarm effects, other tweaks/fixes/small additions Edited by SaOk

Hi SaOK,

I know you are busy.

I was wondering if you could get this code into the init boxes of the Object fortifications:

_obj = _this select 0;
_normal = surfaceNormal _obj;

_obj setVectorUp _normal;

Sometimes, a player must make a base quickly, near hills with slopes and this code will get the objects flat with any surface.

Your SP mod is absolutelly awesome. Your mod fully replacing official campaign in Arma3 for me now. One thing i want in your mod is fully voiced mod. But i know, this step is very difficult and it needs hard work. But if you ll do it, it will be 100% for me. Now its 95% ;) I admire your work SaOk.

Thanks, :)

I hope to have voice-acting included later, but still too early since much stuff to add and change.

Kommiekat, I use that for many objects including tents and camonets in camps. I will see if its missing for some. Could also add slope detection so tents wouldnt be placed to poor places.

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 ----------

Released Alpha #5 of the WLA COOP (first post). Small tweaks and fixes here and there. Noticed that the new DEV-version of the game seem to be now stable with the mission (could play 0,5hours without problems). You need to run the mission currently with DEV-version to be stable. Let me know how it works. :)

Edit: BIS also confirmed that the crashing issue should be gone with latest DEV-version.

Edited by SaOk

Hi

Could you please tweak the amount of enemy, specially armor?

It's not funny each time I start this mission I'll get sooner or later shoot in pieces after few minutes of game play.

This is because the amount of enemy armor is crazy huge.

Last time I played I got blown in pieces from: three "Sochors" and two "Kamyash" plus and if this is not enough a "Varsuk"

appeared on scene to give us the rest.

All this happened only after 1 to 2 minutes of mission start.

Changing the enemy difficulty at mission start seems to be a joke.

No matter what I choose there isn't any change to feel in mission.

Mission is apart of this very promising and should enjoy and not frustrate.

Thanks for pointing, even I noticed it earlier today too. :) Nice suprise.

I will try to make the mission easier for lower difficulties. Will try to add somekind of warning system or something.

Congrats on another RPS mention!

Maquez: soon after you land lay low and wait for your points to hit 500 or 550 (doesn't take long), press shift+5 and call in a commanche. By the time it gets there you will probably already have points for another. Keep calling them in until you create or capture a base and you can breathe a little easier. Don't save your points, use them when you think you are going to get overwhelmed. If you run into a group of soldiers even if you can take them out they will call for support, which is usually a tank or apc, so get a Comanche over head to take them out as they enter your area. You can hide from all the armor, but it's much easier the first few times to come at them with overwhelming air power at the start, then you can watch how the ai works. Start a mission at night, run up a mountain, then get 4 commanche's to fly in. One of the most beautiful sights in all of gaming.

When i played today with my friend Whole Lotta Altis Coop Alpha, game already crashed. It is same if i create server or he create server. :(

Did you use (also server) the latest DEV-version of the game? Mission only works with that.

Congrats on another RPS mention!

Maquez: soon after you land lay low and wait for your points to hit 500 or 550 (doesn't take long), press shift+5 and call in a commanche. By the time it gets there you will probably already have points for another. Keep calling them in until you create or capture a base and you can breathe a little easier. Don't save your points, use them when you think you are going to get overwhelmed. If you run into a group of soldiers even if you can take them out they will call for support, which is usually a tank or apc, so get a Comanche over head to take them out as they enter your area. You can hide from all the armor, but it's much easier the first few times to come at them with overwhelming air power at the start, then you can watch how the ai works. Start a mission at night, run up a mountain, then get 4 commanche's to fly in. One of the most beautiful sights in all of gaming.

Very interesting tip DogonCrook :) I never thought about calling the in the commanche. Nowadays, I don't have problem with the insertion anymore as I get in the construction vehicle as soon as it landed and flee the landing zone as far as possible into the forest or mountain :D

Saok, I notice that even if I fortified the camp defenses (2, 3 bunkers with 2 team/each. 4, 5 static guns). It will be captured by the enemy sometimes. Will spread out the defenses far from the camp help with the random factor?

Did you use (also server) the latest DEV-version of the game? Mission only works with that.

Oh, i´m using stable version of a game. Thanks for note :D i´m going to change to dev. branch and i will test it out.

Currently if player isnt near, enemy can capture the camp with 50% change. If there is guardpost inside 400m radius from the camp. Then the change is counted with formula: 0.5 / (1+((amount of static weapons near the guardpost)*0.5)). So with 2 static weapons the change have dropped already to 25%. Could tweak that some more, to detect all nearby guardpost, not just the closest. Static weapons could be also more expensive unless player have captured factor(y/ies).

Edit: I will add random artillery/air-support for enemy to spice things more too. Those would give massive bonuses for enemy unless player helps to take out the arty and/or camp have AA.

Edited by SaOk

Hi again. Not sure if this is only me, but when I get to towns or Civies with option to by AT or AA man or something, they never come.

I use the SHIFT key and I think its 6 or something ( I know in-game I am doing it right ) I order a unit and wait and wait.

No one appears on my team.

Any idea why after an hour or so of playing, the menus become VERY slow to open and the buttons take a long time to respond?, mostly the support menus, but if you happen to die, it also take a very long time for the Arma 3 Menu to come up so you can load\quit etc

Edited by thestuntman

The support menu teams appear as HC-groups from distance that you can order via Ctrl+Space page. Units purhcased from camp menu should instantly join player team. In village menu you can set specialty to e.g. AntiTank, after that there is extra AT-team patrolling in the village once relationship is friendly.

The slow menus are mystery, I will see what can I do for those.