SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Hard to remember all, but at least these - refunds for survived purchased support, less exploding vehicles from paradrops/direct spawning (still no perfect), some less birds and birds may appear near moving units too now, camp alarms bringing air support or more men appearing from nearby house, green transport chopper from air field can be used to build guardposts, construct range increased from 50m to 75m, villages have random start behaviour, angry village more dangerous, armed locals have now pistols added correctly (before those could get overwritten by script adding random rifle), added custom villages to populate some areas better, camp objects shouldnt spawn on bad slopes anymore, dialogs have tweaks but not sure if the possible slowdowns are gone, less gunships bringing soldiers...

Hope to have more updates soon with more playable content and cinema.

Edit: Forgot to mention that also added some new fixed location camps and moved one away from that military area under Telos since it was annoying laggy place for performance.

Edited by SaOk

SaOk..

i really missed some pages of this thread this week so..forgive me if this has been already answered.

Do you think there might be "conflicts" regarding Ambient life between your mission and TPW_Mods?

Hi SaOk, love the new update with additional tasks. I notice 2 problems through. First is the camp status still not change from normal to strong as in previous mission (I already asked you from previous version. Just letting you know. It's a minor issue to me anyway :)) Second is the artillery (when purchased) would move to new place after reached the waypoint I gave it to. As I understand, you said that HC force will act on it own after available to prevent fps issue. But that should not include unit I purchase, is it? Besides, this not happened in previous version. So you may want to check that for the next update.

Had forgotten to check that, but found now the bug, fixed for next version. Also added ability to create HC group(s) from team-mates and return HC group(s) units back to player team. I check the arty soon.

TPW_Mods shouldnt conflict, but may lower FPS if it adds much extra AI.

@SaOk, how change value of Prestige, i have need to change this value, maybe can you give me adress in cheat engine?

If you use some debug-tool during player, you can just write pisteet = 10000; or to add pisteet = pisteet + 10000; . The variable is created in init.sqf if you want edit it from there.

With What Can i Debug a game? I have problem becouse program to debugging not working. Where i can find init.sqf?

I am not familiar with debugging addons yet, only used the one in editor. When unpacking the mission pbo (there should various unpackers, but again havent used those myself), you can find init.sqf. Mission can be played unpacked too or repacked after tweaking.

---------- Post added at 00:12 ---------- Previous post was at 22:41 ----------

Reuploaded the new SP version in steam and dropbox. You can now create HC groups and make HC groups join player team (see briefing). Also lowered much the amount of eventhandlers for AI units that could give some extra performance, and camp status should be fixed.

Reuploaded again for steam and dropbox. Created HC groups move with player when fast traveling or jumping to far located cutscene. Nearest village to cutscene now always set friendly. Distance check added for armed civilians and camp units that appear from random building.

Can someone help me out? I just grabbed this scenario today, first time player. It looks great but I'm having a lot of difficulty.

I have a task to bring a barrel of water to a village. It gave me a hint to bring my construction truck near. So I did, and build a camp in the village. Now what? I see no option to do anything with water, and the Shift+1 menu doesn't appear to function to open any sort of "camp purchase screen" at all. Shift+2, Shift+3, Shift+5 all seem to work fine. Is this a bug, or am I missing something obvious? Thanks. :)

You currently need to be very near of the village name for the barrel to appear in construct menu. Will tweak that.

SaOk, does the update on dropbox include the "Forgot to enable back OFP/ArmA OST" update? By the way, what does OFP/ArmA OST mean?

Yes, its included in dropbox too. Had forgotten to switch back the right script even had music files in. I picked that OST word from somewhere, would guess it means orginal soundtrack. If using AiA-mod (I think you need to enable back the A3 units, also tracks from A2 and Arrowhead is used so you get near all music from all BIS games randomly playing in the mission). Should include Take On tracks too (through AiA-mod) at some point if fitting in well.

Yeah after posting I was thinking it means original soundtrack too :). Oh, was about to ask you this but always forget. Does the quick hint (0 0 7) setting work anymore? No matter what I set the cutscene always play the same.

I forgot the radio function there, it have no effect yet.

I don't know if it has been posted before, but I can't seem to get a proper evac chopper when I buy it at village menu. The helo appears after some minutes, keeps hovering over the ground making erratic movements while me and my group get it, sometimes even lifting and going down again, and then when I select a destination point it just flies randomly around, sometimes going to where it's supposed to, sometimes flying in circles. Once it even started cycling around a group of spawned enemies as if it was trying to fight them with its non-existent weapons, just to be destroyed by incoming enemy small arms fire.

I should replace the BIS chopper transport module with my own script that work little better. Will try to remember to include it soon.

Ok thanks. As of now, when I need a pickup helo,I simply call it and then kill the pilot, but that kinda breaks the immersion, you know :rolleyes: .

BTW, perhaps I've missed something but in Whole Lotta Stratis the player still lacks a weapon with an attached underslung grenade launcher, and now in the first camp you capture with the help of the locals there seems not to be a box with OPFOR weapons like before, so it's one hell of a nightmare to get the reinforcements I the beach with the green flare.

Not much of a concern, though.

Reuploaded the SP version for steam and dropbox. Tried to make code for dialog more clean hoping the slowdowns that some are experiencing would appear less. Also noticed that I had forgotten to enable selectBestPlaces-script for WLA, now landing site searching (not the BIS module), animal, tiny camp and much other placements should be much better. Some other tiny fixes included too.

I return to check WLS at some point.

You currently need to be very near of the village name for the barrel to appear in construct menu. Will tweak that.

Thanks, this fixed the problem, now I have a new one. I think it's a script bug. I went to the next village over and tried to do a task for them too, and they also wanted water. As soon as I got out of town (heading back to the first village to get the construction truck) I got a message saying the task was completed, it gave me 30pts, etc. Problem is, when I went back with the truck, and placed a water barrel in town (I've placed 2 or 3 now just to be sure) it wouldn't complete the task (and no purple marker/message is on the map anymore saying "Place water barrel"). When I go back to talk to the villagers to ask for a new task, it says "You haven't completed the current task yet".

Is there anyway to erase current task and start over? Unfortunately I had saved the game and I don't see anyway to go back. If so, I'm stuck now with a village I can't improve relations with and I keep getting enemies showing up here/spawning. :(

You can bribe the village via shift+5 with 100 prestige. Strange that it have stucked that way, you didnt enable any other task that leads out of the village (e.g. to nearest camp, where the civ marker would then be)? I will check the possible bug in that.

You can still get tasks from other villages.

You can bribe the village via shift+5 with 100 prestige. Strange that it have stucked that way, you didnt enable any other task that leads out of the village (e.g. to nearest camp, where the civ marker would then be)? I will check the possible bug in that.

You can still get tasks from other villages.

No, there were no other tasks, as soon as I left the village it completed the task (but I was outside the village when it completed), and then erased the marker.

I will try bribing them. Thanks. :)