SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Awesome!

Keep em coming.

Gonna be sweet to save the hard captured vehicles now.

You're doing a great job.

I was wondering, do you think there will be a time before New Years, that this mission will be completed, stable and ready to go without any more additions and tweaks?

I know it's a hard answer to a hard question, but I put time to get set up with a base camp, try to get the story going, then "BAM"!! You've got another update and I have to start all over again.

This time, I'll wait until you feel you've got 99.99% completion of the mission.

Thanks for your hard work!!

Playing with the latest 0.80, the fps still ok after 2hrs :D. However, when music start (enemy/friendly coming) the fps drop to single digit but back to normal after few second. I guess because the cpu has to calculate alot of thing and my cpu is weak. Overall, no complain about performance. Except that even when playing with easy difficulty, the enemies are still very hard to defeat when defend the camp. They come fast with APC, MRAP and the friendly AT launchers spot them too late! It usually end up with the camp being massacred and I have to flee with the fast travel :)

Thanks, :)

yes now you can just leave vehicles/chopper/planes were you want and those are there when coming back (unless you have used 30 other vehicles after that and none of them was destroyed). As one needed tweak, I realized now that I should move the used old vehicle as newest in the array, but that should be easy to change. I try to add crates next to the guardposts that would have content saved so you could store gear to them if wanted.

I like to keep working on missions for long time, cant say when the mission is final (may still tweak it during next year), but hope to have the core story and tasks included this year. There is already quite much to play. I may start to convert coop mission soon so that could pause the updates for sometime.

When music starts new units/vehicles are usually created, but it shouldnt drop FPS that much. Using SSD could still help much too. I also reached 2 hours of playing last night and dont see performance leaking at all yet (still possible that there could be memory leak that then suddently destroy the mission), I am getting FPS between 24 and 60, mostly 40.

Notice that some A.I. when spam switch to handgun immediately. It may has nothing to do with your script but could you remove all handgun from A.I. in the next update? That's would solve the problem easily :)

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

Notice that some A.I. when spam switch to handgun immediately. It may has nothing to do with your script but could you remove all handgun from A.I. in the next update? That's would solve the problem easily :)

Edit: I have problem with HC. Sometimes I can access HC (Ctrt+Space) sometimes I cannot?!! I only use HC to give waypoint to my ordered artillery, not the reinforcement.

I will try to remove the pistols (for AI with other weapons) if player is using the optional addons. The HC menu dosent work sometimes when in map view, cant fix it myself - HC menu is automatically available if there is HC groups to command.

I still notice it a lot of disappearing enemies at ranges of 1km+

Especially with lighter vehicles.

Was it adjusted or is it still in the works?

That is just how the mission works. The bigger distance for unit deleting, the less you meet any AI or the more demanding it is for computer. Some tweaking could be still done (e.g. LOS checks), but not big changes coming for that soon. Later I could try to add more options to choose for players to choose life drawing distance.

A LOS fix would be best if its easy to implement and wont hit the performance.

If i don't see a tank disappear as im about to fire at it, then its all good.

Maybe there are alot for the cpu to calculate on my end. Because I had HC group (artillery) under my command but for some reason HC menu won't open!! However, I just restart the mission and HC menu worked now (in the beginning, not alot fighting going yet!). I use the Nato weapons mod so it would be OK if you remove the pistol from A.I. :)

Edit: I kept playing and the music come back after a while :confused: I think something wrong with my mission :D

Reuploaded version 0.8 (steam, dropbox), easier insertion, soundtracks are back and quite much small tweaks and fixes. Working on COOP version next (SP updates will have some pause).

I cannot play this new update. Game always hang at the setting screen. At one time, I was able to pass the setting screen but the game hang after I built my first guard post. Anyone has the same problem with me?

Strange, working stable here? Are you playing with DEV-version or the official build?

I am playing with the official build. It has been fine with other update but suddenly it gives me problem with this update! I notice that this update is 85mb (much bigger than the other). Is it because of the soundtracks?

Yes, the soundfiles take nearly all space. I enabled nearestBuilding-command to be used with official build since it should be fixed in that. Had you updated the game? I will check if there the command isnt working at the end.

Edit:Tested and nearestBuilding-command should work normally now in all patched game versions.

Edited by SaOk

Is it normal for this Scenario to get a lot of popup errors in game while using indev version?

I need to figure out if its this or another plugin.

Oh, I haven't update to the 1.02 yet. I kind of wait to see if it break any mod I'm using :D. Will try it again once I udapte the game

Ah, good to know. :) There is much "ppEffect"-errors coming from the game currently. If there is some other errors let me know.

I have Question to you SaOk, how can i buy some soldiers? Once i have window with soldier to spawn but i don't know what is the combination of keys. Can you tell me?

When near captured camp, you can enter the purchase screen with Shift+1 (or was it 5?), then you just need to select the wanted unit in the list by mouse clicking and press buy (with mouse too). The new team-mate should then instantly join your team from nearby house.

The scenario locks up every time I play. Usually in the chopper. I'm running the Soviet/NATO weapons mod.

---------- Post added at 12:02 ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 ----------

I disabled all mods, loaded the map again. This time I managed to get out of the chopper (it tried to land in a forest. Wow.). I got in the truck, drove it away from the area, and the map locked up once again.

Fix it.

Have you downloaded the new game patch that was released yesterday? That or up-to-date DEV-version is required to play the mission. I use now nearestBuilding-command, for faster building search, which was broken before.

The scenario locks up every time I play

[/color]I disabled all mods, loaded the map again. This time I managed to get out of the chopper (it tried to land in a forest. Wow.). I got in the truck, drove it away from the area, and the map locked up once again.

Fix it.

The mission is working perfectly for me, try being less hostile when asking for help fixing your computer.