SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

The mission is working perfectly for me, try being less hostile when asking for help fixing your computer.

I'm not hostile at all.

I'm not asking for help fixing "my computer". I'm telling the mission maker to fix the mission.

And it turns out I was wrong...

Have you downloaded the new game patch that was released yesterday?

That would be the problem. Thank you. :)

I'm not hostile at all.

I'm not asking for help fixing "my computer". I'm telling the mission maker to fix the mission.

And it turns out I was wrong...

That would be the problem. Thank you. :)

It's the phrase "Fix it" that sounds very very hostile. If you don't want people to misunderstand you, don't use the word fix.

Our perhaps "Please fix it, if it is on your side?" with a question mark to show a bit more politeness.

"Fix it" is a command, not a request.

Anyways, SaOk....when the HELL! are you going to get this mission stable and running with no more tweaks so I can start it again and finish it without having to download another update?

:p

WOW!

I have not played this mission since alpha. I just downloaded it and played for about twenty minutes getting used to the new stuff. It's like a whole new mission! Performance is so much better on my machine too! Though that may be partially BIs work.

Thank you for the great mission! If you need any help with anything feel free to PM me or reply here.

:D, mission is stable, mostly will add more tasks and story around it. With whole lotta tweaks of course. Having pause while tweaking COOP version, already have it running without errors, but still some detecting issues I need to solve. As another problem, MP side of the game seem to be very unstable currently. Having PhysX3_x86.dll crashes very often (sent many dumps already to BIS). Will release the COOP first here soon.

The game patches have improved much the performance. BIS made the AI much less demanding in enviroment with much objects and fixed the nearestBuildig-command which is much quicker than searching arrays of buildings. I have also optimized my scripts a lot, but still the game patches are able to do the biggest changes.

I'm getting this error message. You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. isrs2_wheeled_apc2.

So what do I need?

Strange did you try to continue mission after removing any addons? Or it is giving that error from start? Have you checked the game files in steam that those are working right. Mission shouldnt require any custom addons (also checked mission.sqm which looks right).

Strange did you try to continue mission after removing any addons? Or it is giving that error from start? Have you checked the game files in steam that those are working right. Mission shouldnt require any custom addons (also checked mission.sqm which looks right).

Yeah it happens at the start. I only have CBA_A3, TPW, and Socom_devgru and that's it. I'll try removing them, but those mods aren't causing any friction.

Forgive me if i sound dumb, but whats the difference between coop and MP when it comes to this?

k6vg.jpg

Test version (Alpha #1) of Whole Lotta Altis COOP for 1-5 players is available. See first post for download link. I tested the mission alone to work quite good in both normal server and server.exe, but I am experiencing crashes, that might be current game issue. If you get the mission work, let me know any feedback. :)

Most of the custom functions are available only for team-leader. To replace strategic map (that dosent seem to be MP compatible), I created simple dialog list (shift+4) of available camps and guardposts where team-leader can spawn whole team with latest used vehicles.

Make sure all have the optional addons or no-one isnt using them. Need to add some more checks that players can purchase addon stuff if server isnt running the addons.

Edit: COOP is a MP mode. Players working together against AI.

No, not yet PvP. But lets see, if the concept works smooth I could add players to opposite side (would need more AI life to spawn).

I would much rather have more dynamic choices in Coop/sp if it was up to me.

Me too, but those will take time to create.

Reuploaded the COOP test version, now players cant buy addon stuff unless server have it enabled. The same old links.

Edit: Reuploaded again with more tweaks, small fixes and some additions. Now named as Alpha #2.

Edited by SaOk

Hey SaOk..

I just tested the latest-available on Workshop SP version.

I just noticed the special commands available due to WW_AIMenu mod doesn't works in the mission/although i m pretty sure it worked in some older version of the W.L.A...(and i should say commands work ok in other scenarios/showcases)

The default key for the commands is "num 9"

Can you point me to a solution? (tbh i haven't yet tried to reassign the "commands" in other key-set out of num-pad keys-as no other mission had bugged me with this..)

Edited by GiorgyGR

It's the phrase "Fix it" that sounds very very hostile. If you don't want people to misunderstand you, don't use the word fix.

No. I'll use whatever word I want. Thanks, though. I appreciate your suggestion. :) I assumed (incorrectly) that the mission itself was the problem. Now I know I need to patch my game. I'm working on solving that.

"Fix it" is a command, not a request.

I know. I should have explored more possible problems before placing the blame on the mission maker. That's my bad.

WW_AIMenu adddon seems nice, I will try it too soon. The custom key (num 9) should work, havent assigned it to any of my functions. Very hard to know why the addon wouldnt work, unless its conflicting with spawning/deleting units/vehicles.

EDIT: I believe the WW AIMenu mod as been having troubles since the last update.

Edited by ru55lee

EDIT: I believe the WW AIMenu mod as been having troubles since the last update.

That's why i tested it in a custom scene made in editor-in a different mission and in BI's showcase.

Unfortunately* it works flawlessly there :/

I have trouble? :D works fine, I am having trouble with AICover though :)

Dumb question time. I cannot figure out where to go after insertion. Checked the tasks and set an active objective, yet no marker.

Also, you spawn with two flashlight attachments. Seems silly to me.

Any ideas @Wind?

(see my 'larger' post 2-3 posts back)

I guess it might be tricky (greater effort) for SaOk to sharp shoot the problem without some extra info you can provide.

I have trouble? :D works fine, I am having trouble with AICover though :)

It's ok with you? My team isnt following the waypoints. I'm using dev build and some sort of error code popped up.

---------- Post added at 12:12 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Any ideas @Wind?

(see my 'larger' post 2-3 posts back)

I guess it might be tricky (greater effort) for SaOk to sharp shoot the problem without some extra info you can provide.

Yes would love to see it work :D

After insertion, you need to look for any civilians and talk to them by pressing Shift+2, when near. That shows you option to ask about resistance.