SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Reuploaded version 0.77 again (dropbox & workshop) with important performance tweaks.

Change Log:

Big performance tweak, using now quicker method for house searching for many functions with clear difference in performance. Affects only when played with DEV-version. When using reqular game-version, the changes isnt used until next official patch (the command that is used is crashing currently with reqular version).

Mission continue to work with both game versions, but I suggest to use DEV-version until the next official patch. I am getting much better performance in villages now. The change wont probably affect on overall performance, but if the villages felt heavy for you before in this mission, even with empty editor had no clear FPS problems with villages, it should be better now.

k6vg.jpg

Reuploaded version 0.77 again (dropbox & workshop).

Change Log:

Streetlights can be toggled off now (see briefing), much new pics for briefing, some tweaks and fixes

Edited by SaOk

I have a little problem with the Helitaxi. When i give a landingzone, he appear far from this point and still standing. Or after that he fly back to my pickup point(PP), and pass around.

I try it view times(7-10x), and now it works(after he flying back to PP)...

Sorry, cant tweak that feature much since its the game's module. But willl probably enable my own script to replace that. There will not just be the radiochatting then (unless I find a way to add those too).

I've played a couple hours and have encountered a few bugs which may or not be related to the newest build on workshop.

1) The orange smoke grenade effect attached to the initial drop construction truck never stopped. It just kept looping. Hours in and it is still going.

2) Only took one base but I wasn't able to order recruits. I seem to be able to order in empty vehicles, but every time I try to get a new team member, like AA or AT, the cost is deducted but I get no one. I wait around a while, no one shows. Search around to see if something weird happened, no sign of them.

3) For some strange reason, a huge amount of cones and traffic barriers appeared around my vehicle yard. It may have happened when I was ordering in empty vehicles, which floated in about 150m away. It is a huge nuisance, it seems to effect pathing negatively.

EDIT: I stumbled upon one of the streetlight switches and it seems to work okay.

Thanks for feedback, sorry after I changed house searching commands purhasing men got broken, will fix that in half hour. First issue is tricky, somehow the script get bugged sometimes. I will tweak the cones too soon (but not yet for hotfix).

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Reuploaded version 0.77 with hotfix for the unit-purchasing. Dropbox & workshop updated. Also tested that the fix works.

The purchasing bug was the only one that was a serious issue so I'm glad you are fixed it. I'll also let you know if the smoke bug happens again. If it doesn't, I possibly will actually miss driving around with a cloud of orange smoke behind me.

As a note, the cones/barriers disappeared after I reloged into the game. It was strange but they are gone now.

Thanks for feedback, sorry after I changed house searching commands purhasing men got broken, will fix that in half hour. First issue is tricky, somehow the script get bugged sometimes. I will tweak the cones too soon (but not yet for hotfix).

---------- Post added at 00:35 ---------- Previous post was at 00:20 ----------

Reuploaded version 0.77 with hotfix for the unit-purchasing. Dropbox & workshop updated. Also tested that the fix works.

Do I need to restart the game or can I replace the pbo and continue the game? I started the a game since the fix for the construction truck.

First of all i really enjoyed the mission and it might be my methode of playing but there two things i noticed.

There isn't really a battlefront. Of course during combat you have various hotspots etc and there isn't a single front but multiple (atleast that's what im told ;-). But more often then once i liberated/created multiple basis, and all the sudden an APC would drive straight into the base wreaking havoc while that area should be under resistance control. Now of course no zone should be considered save because you can always come across covert missions. But those encountered should be scares. And i doubt they would use an APC unless you come across the expendables ;). So it might be nice that you would see not just liberated bases on the map but also liberated zones and encountering enemies in those zones will be rare. You could even make certain great dynamic mission from this. For instance an sniper which causes major issues and a counter sniper mission is required.

Now a second thing is i noticed is that while the combat is really dynamic and plays all around you it gives you a real nice feeling of immersion. However you don't come across really organizated attacks. For instants to liberate an base using both infantry, multiple armored and air (either copters or planes). This could lead to certain nice dynamic missions for instants that intel has reported heavy vehicle movements and that base reinforcement is required or perhaps even an conveys which you can ambush to prevent the attack from even happening or atleast delay it for more reinforcement. These organizated attacks could work both ways (for instance friendlies might organize an attack) and might even lead to an counterattack.

Just two thoughts. If you don't like it, i cant blame you, its your mission ;-).

Edited by Speeeedy.com

I am afraid that restarting is needed near always when whiching to use new mission version.

It will be tricky and take time, but I hope to have proper battlefronts and liberated zones in the mission mission at the end. There is blacklisting following player, for enemy presence, but for this map its not currently noticeable. I will work on the big changes during fall.

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

Got much ideas how to improve the mission in short time, I will prepare new version during today (mostly takes time to test the changes). My thoughts in workshop: "The enemy presence will be mostly only there if there enemy camp nearby (for different thigs inside 6-2km radius). Both sides wont also get reinforcements (expect player can use the support menu) if there isnt their camp inside 2km radius. Over that I make the enemy randomly attack on camps to get those back. Player will receive tasks for it and if not reacting then the battle is solved with random factor."

Enemy will attack mostly only to closest blue camp for them, but over that there could be suprise attacks behind the lines. To reduce headless running between camps, player can use of couse fast travel to get to the action. Lets see how it comes.

Yeah I continue playing after updated to see what happen, and notice that enemy reinforcement does not happen anymore :p! Well, time to start a new mission....

About that random factor when player not responding to the attack. Could you add the factor of how well the blue camp is fortified? It would be interesting since player would need to build strong defense for the camp not to be easily captured later. Or is it already implement? Just a thought :)

Edited by bugatti

What do you mean, there was no enemies? Didnt spot the issue myself while testing the mission yesterday. Will test the mission soon (after watching F1 race).

Edit: Sure, the guardposts should matter. I will see if I could include it already to the next version, at least in simple way.

Edited by SaOk

What I mean was I did not heard anymore music when enemy reinforcement/spamming near me. Usually I heard alot musics when enemy/friendly spamming but after updated (without restart) it all quiet when I walked for 2kms. Of course, I en-counted friendly and enemy along the way. But without music I didn't know if the enemy I met were random spam or was reinforcement chasing me. Like I said, I wanted to see what happen when I continue the mission without restart when update :p

k6vg.jpg

New version 0.8 of Whole Lotta Altis is available for testing (dropbox & workshop).

New version is here with massive changes, now (after meeting resistance) both side AI armies try randomly to capture opposite side camps (the side with more camps, more likely). Player is notified of on going events and fast travel can often be used to take part of the action. If player dont get near, the battles are solved with random factor which depends on nearby guardpost. The more static weapons is placed near camps, the less like enemy can capture the camps. Also now military appear mostly in areas where their camp is 6-2km away, they cant call reinforcements if too far, reinforcements arrive delay depending how far the closest camp is. When there isnt enemy camps near, the hostile traffic is now small armed groups driving with civilian vehicles and they cant call reinforcements too (yet). In villages there could still be enemies hiding anywhere.

After the huge changes its still possible that there is new flaws or even errors in themission. I continue testing and tweaking all to work right. So far looks good, but need more testing. Be free to post feedback. Nothing is final yet, I continue tweak gamebalanse and adding features.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for putting all of your time into making this brilliant campaign SaOK - I've had more fun playing Whole Lotta Statis/Altis than the official storylines for Arma 2/OA. Keep up the good work!

Just a few things I'd like to point out:

- On the loading screen, there is a spelling/grammar error. In the first sentence, it says "have" instead of "has".

- I'm not very good at Arma, so I selected the easy difficulty on your mission. However, despite this, the initial gameplay is extremely harsh. I've just left the chopper and almost immediately there is an enemy tank coming to blow my team of 4 to smithereens.

Thanks, :) I will need to tweak the lower difficult levels for more fitting. The landing can be randomly very though and currently the new camp capturing functions are same for all difficulties. I corrected the loading screen, but there is probably much spelling/grammar errors. Better to fix those all together when the mission is more final.

Wow that's was fast ;) Thanks again for your hard work. I already like this idea :) Will test and let you know if any bug found

Reuploaded the version 0.8 with some tweaks - smaller friendly forces attacking enemy camps, after attack player cant command them no more (for performance), longer time between possible camp assaults. And some condition updates.

Edit:Another reupload - When enemy captures camp, static guns and camp guards no longer spawn instantly. Mission starts with randomly more friendly camps.

Edited by SaOk

My laptop is not as well as PC. (i7-4700MQ GTX 765M)

If I play with so many AIs, it will be vey laggy.

Could you let us to control the amount of "civilization"?

Or reduce them.

It would be better if there are not so much AI appearing at same time. :)

Before I tried use "TPW_MODS" to inactive civilization & animals, but it didn't work a lot...

Thanks a lot.

Don't know if it was incident or bug but when I fast traveled to a camp, enemy tank and APC come to attack right after few seconds I arrived! I didn't even have time to build anything defenses yet (playing with the version of post #715). Will try this new version ;)

Hi, I may add later more options to lower amount of AI, but overally the mission requires quite much CPU. Currently there is around ~50-80 AI all the time. Once mission is more complete I will work on the extra options.

Reuploaded WLA version 0.80. Dropbox and steam, soon in other places too.

Change Log:

-Last 30 vehicles are now stored to be spawned back when player is close again, if the vehicle was operative and player had been driver, gunner or commander for it. Remembers fuel, damage, minetruck ability, dir, pos, class. Dont store anything in vehicles that you would want to get back (yet).

-Smoke grenades on dropped vehicles and crates should stuck in loop anymore.

Edit: Reuploaded with hotfix for camp attack script.

Edited by SaOk

Hi, hard to say what could make performance drop in long run (you get it also in this? Not only DUWS (which is very different mission)?). I havent played the WLA myself much over one hour in straight to see leaking, but will keep searching for possible troublemakers. The units/vehicles amounts should already stay stable, but cant never be sure that there isnt some arrays expanding too much (even I have recycling for those too).