SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Thanks, :) yes with SP version you can change gear/fatigues/helmets/other item in captured camps using VAS through action menu. Works also for team-mates.

Awesome thanks. Also great work man, it's amazing.

You need to update the game, there was nearestBuilding-command broken before that is fixed now. I switched to use it since building searching is much quicker with it than what I used before.

Lol, thanks. I realized I had to update after an hour after posting. My bad. So after finally getting it to work I must say I was extremely impressed. In fact I was so impressed I had to make a trailer showing most of the features for your mission since its the most popular thing for Arma 3 at the moment and it would help spread the word about this masterpiece.

Feel free to use this as your "official trailer."

Also i have some an idea for the ability to place lights at bases instead of just firepits.

and im not sure if im just incompetent or something but how do you rotate structures and turrets? If you cant, I have an idea where when you place a structure its front will be facing the direction your facing. So if you want to turn it all you have to do is look in the direction you want to front facing.

Anyway, I know next to nothing about scripting and im sure its not possible anyway.

Thank you, very kind. I like it very much, will attach it to the mission pages. :) I will add more objects to create soon, would need to tweak the system too or lower the font size so there isnt much scrolling needed to find the wanted object. I was thinking that direction copying once, but forgot it. I will include it too soon. Also work on the COOP version. Have been having small pause with the game, but returning at least for next week.

Thank you, very kind. I like it very much, will attach it to the mission pages. :) I will add more objects to create soon, would need to tweak the system too or lower the font size so there isnt much scrolling needed to find the wanted object. I was thinking that direction copying once, but forgot it. I will include it too soon. Also work on the COOP version. Have been having small pause with the game, but returning at least for next week.

Awesome, oh and also forgot to ask if its possible to make the mortar team act like a turret instead of just support? It would fire on enemies in a certain radious and also add an ammo crate where it would resupply turrets and mortars then. oh and speaking of resupplying how do i get more ammo for the vehicles? I request a rearm hemtt and drive it next to the vehicke it wont add more ammo. Am i doing something wrong?

The mortars should be easy to add in construction menu, I check it. Resupplying is little more tricky if the crates and truck dont work automatically. I may try to do functions for it, to make it possible to create supply depots with rearming/fuel/repair and also medical center.

That sounds pretty amazing if you pull it off. Tonight Im going to make a better more cinematic trailer for you. I should have it done in a couple of days.

Cool, cant wait to see it. :)

Hey man I'm back with another question. What are the parameters of having a static machine gun.

Not quite sure what you mean. If you want AI manned static weapons you need to meet the resistance contact by talking with civilians (Shift+2), after the cutscene you can then build static weapons in construction view when there is truck nearby with Shift+C. Empty static weapons cant be get yet unless they are visible in VAS backbag section.

SaOk,

First off, I'd like to thank you for a great mission, I've been playing Whole Lotta Altis and Stratis and thoroughly enjoy them both! The bring back a bit of OFP nostalgic type gameplay.

A few things that i've noticed. 1)Engineers dont seem to always repair vehicles to full health 2) Is there any way to re-arm vehicles (other than purchasing new ones?) 3) As I was taking the bay (the one where the US Army reinforces you), the game slowed to a crawl then would freeze for a few seconds, followed by a few seconds of gameplay, then repeat. I'm running no mods and am on the lasted (STEAM) build. I tried the mem flush, but nothing. I will restart and see if it happens again, just wanted to report it.

Thanks again for an awesome game mode!

FM (FallujahMedic)

Edited by Stang69
New build (after reverting) fixed the problem

Thanks, :) you can call supply drops and trucks which should work for some vehicles at least. Will try to make scripts for that too, so player could make depots for rearm/fuel/repair/heal. The engineers work with game rules. I try to find if there is something causing the stutter, havent got that myself yet, but its possible there is something wrong.

Can we please get air drops of empy vehicles for our own squad, it suck having any transport unless you get one of the land support vehicles damaged so they get out and you can repair and take over. I really want empty vehicle drop at a nearest location. Half the time I order a slammer or scorcher they never make it under command and never show up, either a big or the are instantly destroyed upon waypoints near me. and never make it. Or they simply do not spawn. I get about 2 out of 6 land support vehicles I call. Plus alot of the time I can never get my support vehicles Ammo,Repair<gas,etc to ever arrive. I really would like to know if they are getting destroyed before I even have them in high command. Please give us empty vehicles for support that we can also call in. Also a airlift be it rescue or transport would be nice. Same with cas vehicles. We should be able to have them delivered too our basecamps Helipads to use them.

Trailer is inbound, 4 minutes of pure epicness. Its not as good as i hoped it too be, mainly due to a power surge from those nasty storms we had here in the midwest yesterday. which caused half the video project to become corrupted especially at the part 2:57. Theres supposed to be alot more scenes that change to the beat of the drums, but for some annoying reason they would work and then i would replay it and it then stopped working. So I gave up and this is the final product, its still pretty damn good IMO. I will re-edit this post with video attached, it will be up in about 20 minutes. Oh and I when i was filming this, I came across how to rotate buildings and turrets for guardpost's. I am so blind. lol. -_- SaOK, I also apologize for spelling your name wrong. I just realized that i misspelled it.

Edited by xephspacer

Thank you very much again, superb epic trailer. Liking it very much. :) Dont worry with the nick typo, tiny mistake.

New SP version 1.1 of WLA is released (in steam & dropbox, after more testing in Armaholic soon too). Changed the faulty marker color away that could break savegames. As bigger changes, you need to capture now factory, pier and power plant to receive full timed prestige. Also if you hold storage that gives 20% bonus. The more similar areas you own, the less likely enemy can cut out your prestige flow. Sometimes you need to hold the areas and also defend random supply lines. I continue improving the new stuff, currently enemies may appear deep behind front line to attack e.g. factory with land vehicles. I plan to make more detections for that to make them appear in more different ways and fitting the location. There is also more performance tweaks and other fixes.

Edit: Reuploaded the new version - US task was broken.

Edited by SaOk

Released Hotfix again for WLA (steam, dropbox). There was typo in prestige bonus calculations and the captured areas didnt have effect. Sorry.

Haven't played A3 for awhile, just come back to play my favorite mission again :). I don't know if it's a bug or your intention but when I request gear support, the Nato/Speztna ammo box is not available anymore. Could you confirm it's missing or you removed it SaOk?

Welcome back, :) I have been having short pauses too, but now getting much new ideas. The crates should work as before and be found as two last crates in the list. I will check it.

Edit: The Nato/Speztna ammo boxes work normally for me. You need to scroll down after selecting gear section.

---------- Post added at 22:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:28 ----------

Reuploaded the WLA SP version again (steam&dropbox). Hint spamming fix, factories (and the other) shouldnt be locked sometimes anymore and enemy attacks now on the green areas as intented (had it upside down and they attacked non-green areas).

Edited by SaOk

It's weird! I disable 2 new mods I just installed (Status HUD and ASDG joint rail) thinking they may conflict with your mission but the problem still persist. The 2 last crates in the list are vehicle ammo and vehicle weapon (or something like that), cannot scroll down anymore :eek: I will try to disable my mods one by one to see if it help (I updated some of them since come back playing). Oh by the way, I read one of your post about update the game. I'm using the official build (1.04). Is it the correct version with this (update) mission?

All quite new game versions should run the mission good, if the game is too old then the game freezes soon after mission start. But once the next official patch is out, mission may start to require it or latest dev-version. They added new function to delete wanted task. I am planning to start using it to make civilian tasks appear in briefing. It also allows to add more clear realtime guidance especially for rookie players.

Reuploaded SP WLA again (steam, dropbox).Added the optional respawn (bring you back at random place near the death location), added disable extra option to make traffic, animals, civilians, birds, flies to apear much less if FPS goes under set FPS (feature disabled as default)

Remember still to save sometimes since if you accidentally shoot friendlies and got shot while having negative rating, you will not be respawned.

Hi Saok, I notice a few yellow dots on the map. What are they? Factories need to be captured or neutral territories? I couldn't find any info about them in the briefing :)

Yes the yellow areas are the factories, piers (mostly), storages and powerplants. There is "Timed Prestige Bonus"-section in briefing for them, but I plan to add visible tasks too soon since they added new function in the game to delete tasks from briefing. It will allow to make civilian task also more visible without spamming the briefing task list.