SaOk

[SP/MP] Dynamic Whole Map ArmA3 Missions by SaOk

Okay great thank you. You may want to add the keyboard shortcut into the task description so people like me know what we're supposed to be doing. Just a thought.

Definitely, the task descritions and guides are still work in progress (its slower for me to write text/story than make the scripts). I will also display the savegame possibility, many are not currently aware of that function.

Maybe the mission is using displaySetEventHandler to set keybinds instead of displayAddEventHandler.

Try out other mods that relies on keybinds and see if it also conflicts with the mod.

AIMenu is fine with respawns and deletes. It only cares about who is in the group when the command is issued.

No, I use only displayAddEventHandler. Tested now the mod myself (with DEV-version of the game) and didnt spot any issues. I use this mod parameter:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@WW_AIMenu;@JSRS2.0Alpha;@POMI_PMC;@JS_JC_FA18;@NATO_Russian

No, I use only displayAddEventHandler. Tested now the mod myself (with DEV-version of the game) and didnt spot any issues. I use this mod parameter:

-mod=@CBA_A3;@WW_AIMenu;@JSRS2.0Alpha;@POMI_PMC;@JS_JC_FA18;@NATO_Russian

If it's working with u then it must have been something else. Great mission btw :D

*news*

I should underline again that using the same amount of mods (as well the same 'execution order') the WW AIMenu doesn't appear to have issues on another mission.

However..

Disabling my @TPW_MODS had the WW AIMenu to work again in Whole Lotta Altis.

I will notify TPW immediately.

This imo IS important because we must try to troubleshoot any minor or major inconveniences between mods and missions that bring A3 to a new level of (necessary) detail-player experience and quality :)

*EDITED LATER*

I eventually made it work as-it-should examining more possibilities in mods execution order.

Placing the 2 WindWalking mods LAST in modline..it does the job.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sometimes trying to find solutions sadly involves "bothering people" :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

*news*

I should underline again that using the same amount of mods (as well the same 'execution order') the WW AIMenu doesn't appear to have issues on another mission.

However..

Disabling my @TPW_MODS had the WW AIMenu to work again in Whole Lotta Altis.

I will notify TPW immediately.

This imo IS important because we must try to troubleshoot any minor or major inconveniences between mods and missions that bring A3 to a new level of (necessary) detail-player experience and quality :)

*EDITED LATER*

I eventually made it work as-it-should examining more possibilities in mods execution order.

Placing the 2 WindWalking mods LAST in modline..it does the job.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sometimes trying to find solutions sadly involves "bothering people" :)

Thanks I will try that out :D

Thanks, Windwalking. And, nope GiorgyGR. :) Its tricky sometimes to find where the bug is when there is much factors involved.

Hey guys, if I save a game, while using mods, when I load it the mods are no longer active.

Is this a common issue?

I have heard that problem once before, but dont know why it happens. For me, using the listed mods (except I havent played with the AV IndUs and Hidden Identity Pack recently) work without issues. Mission should redetect used addons everytime when player enters purchase or support menu.

I have heard that problem once before, but dont know why it happens. For me, using the listed mods (except I havent played with the AV IndUs and Hidden Identity Pack recently) work without issues. Mission should redetect used addons everytime when player enters purchase or support menu.

No idea what's doing it, disabled mods, re-enabled mods one by one, they don't come back. VTS weapon resting, the TPW mods, Tao's folding map and so on, they don't reactivate after loading a game :\

Ah, that is most likely mod (or game) related problem. I cant think anything that could disable mods in my mission after resuming.

No idea what's doing it, disabled mods, re-enabled mods one by one, they don't come back. VTS weapon resting, the TPW mods, Tao's folding map and so on, they don't reactivate after loading a game :\

This happens to me all the time, but only with mods that require the CBA mod. Here is what I found on other forums. I'm not a programmer so I don't know if SaOK can fix this, or if it has to be fixed somewhere else.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha/page20

• • Jun 26 2013, 11:45 #194

Gliptal

Master Sergeant

Mar 5 2013

Trento, Italy

I'm posting here since I think CBA is the culprit: there is a chance (meaning it doesn't always happen) that when loading savegames all CBA related Mods won't work anymore... If it happens, subsequent reloadings don't seem to fix the issue (meaning that once it happens they will stay disabled until the mission is completely restarted)...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147535-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-ARMA-3-Alpha/page21

Originally Posted by Gliptal

I know I'm being a bit insisting on this issue, but I find it really bugs me: are there any news about Mods that add elements to the HUD working even with savegames? ShackTacks Fireteam HUD is an example...

So far what we have found is this is not an issue with CBA.

This is most likely an issue with how the resources saved or if they use the ability to detect saved games and act accordingly.

Thanks to zapat, this gives devs some insight on how to detect saved games and workaround this issue.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153884-loadable-permanent-GUI&p=2385728&viewfull=1#post2385728

Apr 30 2013, 19:54 #11

zapat

Gunnery Sergeant

Mar 1 2010

Hungary

Author of the Thread

I changed a line in my code. This is important, and it is in connection with what I said earlier. It is hard to follow how uivariables are saved/not saved.

So if anyone is using my code, change the line:

if (isNull (uiNamespace getvariable ["MYUI_display",displayNull])) then

(this both detects if isNull and if isNil)

Without this your display won't show, if you restart the arma.exe application. This means the UIvariables stay until the arma application is running. No matter what mission you run.

The display variable will be NULL (alive, without a value) once you restart the mission, but stays NULL(alive, without a value) and not NIL (not alive) until the application is restarted! It gets NIL if the application is restarted.

1. You start your arma application and load a saved mission. UIvariables are NON EXISTENT. Your MYUI_display is NON EXISTENT - (you cannot even check for isNull).

2. You detect it in your code (this has to be an endless loop as you need to detect it WHEN the application starts which can be anytime when a user saves your mission and exits the app.) , and reinit your UIvariables. Your MYUI_display is now alive and gets a value.

3. You die and reload a previous savegame. Your UIvariables EXIST and remember their previous state! Your display becomes NULL though!

So you need to detect if your display is null (mission reloaded without application restart), and reinit your UI.

This is very important info for a GUI. Probably it is known by many, but still it is needed for a permanent loadable GUI, so I handle this as important info. I don't dare to go into what is happening with disableserialized local/missionnamespace vars.

---------- Post added at 08:49 ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 ----------

---------- Post added at 08:52 ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 ----------

Released new version (Alpha #3) for WLA COOP. DEV-version should have now the crashing fixed, will test it too.

Edit: Still crashing, this time server not the game. :S

Edited by SaOk

Hi SaOk,

I played Whole Lotta Stratis back in the Alpha days, and recently started playing it again after the official release of Arma 3. I'm having a serious issue with it though. After playing the mission for about an hour Arma freezes and I have to go to the task manager to shut it down. I wouldn't mind that so much, if I could load a saved game and continue on, but I can't continue on. When I load a saved game Arma will freeze in less than a minute. First I can't move, then the sound goes dead a couple seconds later and after that nothing works. I force close Arma after that. I should note that until the system freezes for the first time, loading saved games works fine. But after the system freezes once, loading saved games always freezes the game in less than a minute.

This happens early in the game, but at random times. Sometimes it happens before I make it to the houses with friendly soldiers and sometimes after I take the first base. Last night I nearly got the enemy mortars near camp Maxwell, but then it froze.

I've tried restarting the computer, unsubscribing and resubscribing to your mission in Steam, and loading my games saved with 0-0-0 and not just the autosaved games. Nothing works.

Is there anything else I can try? I haven't played many other missions besides yours, but so far they haven't given me this trouble.

I have 16 gig of memory, GTX 680, I7, SSD. Not the newest rig, but no slouch either.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Kinda joining this thread late... is this up to date with the latest version? Where can I download the latest one and is it on steam? Looks great! Also I saw mention of a coop multiplayer version is this true does it work that way as well?

I will take a look Whole Lotta Stratis soon again, before that better to play Whole Lotta Altis which have all latest tweaks in (have played it 2 hours without problems). Big mystery what could be wrong with the WLS, it worked good before but many are getting stutter with it now. I test the mission properly after getting WLA in some better shape.

New video of WLA (action after 5min):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?vEWRV4aRf4mg

Download links can be found in first post of this thread. COOP is only here yet, SP versions can be found in Steam Workshop too (choose most popular missions and both are on first page).

Edited by SaOk

Hello,

Altis version for COOP seem to be not working on dedicated

Im doing something wrong or works onl in coop whitout dedicated ?

Best regard

It should work on both, tested today. But when using fast travel, game crashes very easily at least for me. BIS is investigating dump-files I sent for them, will take some more time when the mission is stable. Todays hotfix ended being for different bug. But I continue tweaking the missions while waiting. :)

Oki,

I will also try to put it on dedicated and check why i cannot run it -.-

Thanks you for reply

i will add result a soon possible :)

I will take a look Whole Lotta Stratis soon again, before that better to play Whole Lotta Altis which have all latest tweaks in (have played it 2 hours without problems). Big mystery what could be wrong with the WLS, it worked good before but many are getting stutter with it now. I test the mission properly after getting WLA in some better shape.

Thanks SaOk. I'll probably wait until WLS is fixed or WLA is finished. I prefer to play when all the bells and whistles are in and the version is stable. I know that might be a while, but I have other things I can do in Arma in the mean time. Besides your missions are worth waiting for. Thanks again for making them.

The strategic map does that sometimes, dont know why (cant edit it much, only giving camp/guardpost locations for it). It should work when trieing again later without needing to restart mission.

Anyone else have enemy APCs keep rolling up out of nowhere and annihilating everyone? :eek:

Yeah, played a little co-op and it was pretty much that, then anytime someone would get killed they would re-spawn and have to parachute in and eventually be shot out of the sky. :( Very frustrating, not much fun..