Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

Hey Sickboy,

Things are looking good - I like how you can view each addon you've put to a Mod Set now.

I hadn't run play withSix for a month, if not longer, but now whenever I try to launch A3, with a mod set, it wants to run as Admin, even though I don't have the force administrator option tick? Is there a way around that?

Edit:

Looks like it's when I specifically add my local JayArmALib and ACRE addons to a mod set.

Edit Edit:

Also noticed that new Mod Sets aren't saving their contents. If you restart play WithSix, the extra addons are missing.

Build 1.3.0.474

Cheers,

Axyl.

Edited by Axek

Hey Guys I'm having trouble installing the CBA under the ACE mod. I can add the selected mod and it shows up in the mod list but when i click the update button nothing happens at all. This is the same with CBA_OA and CBA_A2 but for some reason I can install CBA_CO. Any Suggestions?

First, thanks Sickboy for fixing the separate paths issue.

Cobra, be aware, CBA 1.0.1 is changed over CBA 1.0pre, in that previously 1.0pre had three parts, CBA_OA,CBA_A2,CBA_CO, and you needed all of them for A2 Combined Ops. With newer CBA 1.0.1 only CBA_CO v1.0.1 is needed for A2CO, the other ones are deprecated (unless you need them for running standalone A2 or A2 OA I guess). Might that fix your problem (i.e. - if it lets you install and update CBA_CO 1.0.1 and it only, it is correct behaviour)?

Thanks, that's fixed the crashes.

It doesn't seem to be recognising any of my mods though and is prompting me to update them all.

I reckon you configured a new location that has no mods yet, that is also what the bug was about - an non existent location was specified, which didn't get created properly by pws..

Otherwise it should be because of migration to synq.

Hey Sickboy,

Things are looking good - I like how you can view each addon you've put to a Mod Set now.

I hadn't run play withSix for a month, if not longer, but now whenever I try to launch A3, with a mod set, it wants to run as Admin, even though I don't have the force administrator option tick? Is there a way around that?

Edit:

Looks like it's when I specifically add my local JayArmALib and ACRE addons to a mod set.

Edit Edit:

Also noticed that new Mod Sets aren't saving their contents. If you restart play WithSix, the extra addons are missing.

Build 1.3.0.474

Cheers,

Axyl.

JayArma2Lib+ACRE require run as admin.

I'll have a look at the extra-addons issue..

Hey Guys I'm having trouble installing the CBA under the ACE mod. I can add the selected mod and it shows up in the mod list but when i click the update button nothing happens at all. This is the same with CBA_OA and CBA_A2 but for some reason I can install CBA_CO. Any Suggestions?
CBA_OA/A2 only work on game builds older than X, for builds newer than X, CBA_CO is used.

---------- Post added at 12:13 ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 ----------

@Axek; new modsets issue addressed in 476

Edited by Sickboy

I reckon you configured a new location that has no mods yet, that is also what the bug was about - an non existent location was specified, which didn't get created properly by pws..

Otherwise it should be because of migration to synq.

Definitely using the same paths in both versions. Previously I might have triggered the bug when specifying the ArmA3 mod path to a non-existent folder but this time for A2OA I browsed to the folders to be sure and have double-checked.

Does the migration to synq mean that I should delete all my existing rsync folders then and if I do that, then the stable version won't be happy surely?

JayArma2Lib+ACRE require run as admin.

I'll have a look at the extra-addons issue..

@Axek; new modsets issue addressed in 476

That's not the case any longer on requiring admin rights. Of course, you have to remember to not run TS as admin too. (Surely it's not a great idea to encourage people to still be running user land software as admin?)

Confirmed about the fix for modsets addons too. (Thanks!)

If I download a mod through PWS And I try to play multiplayer it tells me to removethe mod from my Arma 3 folder before it'll let me play, like it thinks it's a virus or something :/

That's not the case any longer on requiring admin rights. Of course, you have to remember to not run TS as admin too. (Surely it's not a great idea to encourage people to still be running user land software as admin?)

Confirmed about the fix for modsets addons too. (Thanks!)

Hmm interesting, to the best of my knowledge it is still a requirement, even in recent times checked again and it was still the case, I will double check once again to make sure.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

If I download a mod through PWS And I try to play multiplayer it tells me to removethe mod from my Arma 3 folder before it'll let me play, like it thinks it's a virus or something :/
Is it PwS, ARMA 3, or something else that tells you to remove it first? Can you please send a screenshot? thanks

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

Definitely using the same paths in both versions. Previously I might have triggered the bug when specifying the ArmA3 mod path to a non-existent folder but this time for A2OA I browsed to the folders to be sure and have double-checked.

Does the migration to synq mean that I should delete all my existing rsync folders then and if I do that, then the stable version won't be happy surely?

If you want to use both versions at this time there will be a migration occurring when switching, it should be fairly quick.

We hope to fully deploy synq by next week so this swapping around should be a thing of the past soon enough.

Hmm interesting, to the best of my knowledge it is still a requirement, even in recent times checked again and it was still the case, I will double check once again to make sure.

---------- Post added at 13:09 ---------- Previous post was at 13:08 ----------

Is it PwS, ARMA 3, or something else that tells you to remove it first? Can you please send a screenshot? thanks

---------- Post added at 13:10 ---------- Previous post was at 13:09 ----------

If you want to use both versions at this time there will be a migration occurring when switching, it should be fairly quick.

We hope to fully deploy synq by next week so this swapping around should be a thing of the past soon enough.

When I try to join a server IN the arma 3 multiplayer tab, it pops up with a message: E:/Arma3.... (all the way down to where the mod is kept) And just tells me to remove before proceeding, no error messages or anything, just will not let me join until i delete it, will try to get a screenshot for you when im on later

When I try to join a server IN the arma 3 multiplayer tab, it pops up with a message: E:/Arma3.... (all the way down to where the mod is kept) And just tells me to remove before proceeding, no error messages or anything, just will not let me join until i delete it, will try to get a screenshot for you when im on later
I see, screenshot no longer needed, the issue should be that you're trying to join the server with mods that are not accepted/allowed by the server.

We're improving behavior in this regard to inform you better when mods are not allowed etc.

I see, screenshot no longer needed, the issue should be that you're trying to join the server with mods that are not accepted/allowed by the server.

We're improving behavior in this regard to inform you better when mods are not allowed etc.

Awesome, thanks!! :)

sometimes i cant see the multiplayer server list. PwS says the game is running, i can close / minimize / thrid option inside pwS it, but it wont let me check servers again. i can switch the different arma games though.

need to restart PwS in order to be able to see the server list again.

Some requests / questions:

1. Can you you add the game type of DOM to the game type settings? I've noticed that the server browser is returning this for Domination servers, but currently there's no way to filter based on it.

2. Live Updating based on sorting - If I choose a sorting order while the server refresh is still happening, it appears not to incorporate newly added servers into the existing sort. I have to choose the sorting again to get it to refresh the display.

3. Server Browser - This is more of a curiosity. Do you know why the in-game server browser inevitably "finds" fewer servers than the Play withSIX browser does? I constantly see servers in Play withSIX, immediately go back to the game's built-in server browser and refresh. It's constantly missing many of the same servers. I've made sure I have no filters active that would cause this problem.

It would be nice to also display non dedicated servers, if technically possible....Sometimes I use to create small custom mission servers on my computer, 4-6 players, and I wish more people join. Many small servers are not necessarily testing servers. (I haven't followed the discussion later but as I see people saying some servers are still mising(?)).

Also the filter, it would be awsome if it can support !waste+!life;)

EDIT: I've found "advanced search with keywords and combinators", trying to figure out how it works.

Edited by afp

@tremanarch; does this happen when the game is actually running or a bug?

@Focher; I am just able to answer #3 here, will inform Sickboy when he's back from holiday about the requests.

#3: Around a year ago Gamespy imposed a 500 servers per query limit, so this leaves out A LOT of servers for the ingame server browser, we've found a way around this so you are able to see all dedicated servers.

You can use PwS to switch servers while already having arma running (could currently be limited to Arma 2)

@afp; I'm not the technical guy of the team, but it will be really difficult to get all the 'local servers' up-to-date in our tool, we query the gamespy list to get passed the above mentioned 500 server limit, this would mean we need to query more often and these servers are more likely to dissapear again after an hour. Besides that, they also are generally less well set-up than dedicated servers and don't provide all the info we would like for the quality of our server browser. We also have to warn players about a more likely bad experience, etc.

Now this doesn't mean you can't get people to join your server through Play withSIX though, but for now this is limited to having people in your friends list (includes all withSIX registered communities you are member off) seeing you playing on the server and joining through you.

And self promoting the IP adress for others to manually add in the Play withSIX server browser. (above the filters bar)

Edited by ParaGraphic L

I see, thanks... what exactly is the "advanced search with keywords and combinators" ? What's the right syntax and all operators?

Does anyone know why I get a "Method not found: 'Int32 SYstem.Environment.get_CurrentManagedThreadID()'." when I try to run the withSix-Play.exe from the Beta Preview 5?

^Same here bud.

Would like to know how to set up custom modsets for my group members to be able to click and download?

Does anyone know why I get a "Method not found: 'Int32 SYstem.Environment.get_CurrentManagedThreadID()'." when I try to run the withSix-Play.exe from the Beta Preview 5?

You need the .NET Framework 4.5, also make sure you don't overwrite/mix the stable PwS install.

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

^Same here bud.

Would like to know how to set up custom modsets for my group members to be able to click and download?

It pretty much works the same as with SIX Updater, except it uses a pws:// link instead of sixupdater://

Check for details: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5gsMuvN1E_GGajrkcLzapEuHPN1eZZ68ok5hczfhQ4/edit?usp=sharing

New tools to work with Synq repositories will be released shortly.

---------- Post added at 11:40 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

I see, thanks... what exactly is the "advanced search with keywords and combinators" ? What's the right syntax and all operators?

Example:

!dayz !wasteland

would filter out both dayz and wasteland.

What if I don't have a server? I don't want to include custom mods, just the mods already available in the mod browser. I'd rather not have to tell people to download 10 different individual mods when they can just click on a preset that gets them all.

What if I don't have a server? I don't want to include custom mods, just the mods already available in the mod browser. I'd rather not have to tell people to download 10 different individual mods when they can just click on a preset that gets them all.

What are you intending to play on then if you don't a server for your group? Other people's servers generally lock down which mods can be used to prevent cheating/hacking, so you wouldn't be able to connect to them with your custom modset anyway.

Anyway, you don't need an ArmA server to host the .yml files for modsets but you will need a webserver where people can download them from, even if that's running on your own PC (which would obviously have to have port 80 exposed to the Internet).

As Doveman mentioned you should be fine without a server, or can use a dummy server etc.

We're also rolling out Synq and Paq currently, which has distributable collections and bundles support etc :) http://play.withsix.com/posts/98-introducing-codename-paq-the-synq-package-and-collection-index

Sweet, when might we see it?

What if we don't have any server at all?

Question: what is it, exactly, that makes PwS recognize an addon folder? I've had a couple of addon folders that I've put in my A3 folder but then PwS doesn't "see" them in the "Local" section. Anything I can do to make them seen?

Two addons off the top of my head are McNools Tier 1 and JSRS (since AiA supposedly supports it now). I think I've found one or two more, but they were addons specifically identified by the maker as not to be used in A3 (like Lingor/Dingor), so I didn't bother trying to push the matter.

I have created a custom repo and the mods check out fine except when it comes to the local mods.

It comes up with this error -

00:45:03: = @ACRE

00:45:03: Installing... This might take a while, please wait.

00:45:03: Initializing c:/games/steam/steamapps/common/arma 3/@ACRE

00:45:03: Required Version: 1 - Required GUID: 221b6e6d-565d-485c-a7ed-2ef0c92f5083

00:45:03: Selected host: http://www.banterwagon.net/6uRepo/@ACRE

00:45:03: Processing .repository.yml

00:45:05: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) zSync error 3 while processing fetch_file: -i ".repository.yml" -o ".repository.yml" "http://www.banterwagon.net/6uRepo/@ACRE/.repository.yml.zsync". See log for details.

If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.

00:45:05: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) Failed transfer for .repository.yml. See log for details.

If you believe this is a program error, please report the issue to SU Support incl details and logfiles.

00:45:05: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) Exhausted all hosts. See log for details.

00:45:05: RuntimeError (RuntimeError) WARNING: Failed to download the repository! This could be due to a server / connection problem. Please try again later. See log for details.