Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Play withSIX - Launcher, Downloader, ServerBrowser - FULL ARMA3 Alpha Support +more!

Just updated PwS and now it crashes on loading. Had this problem before I recall. I let it send an error report so hopefully that will show the problem.

What's the message, could you screenshot it? Thanks

What's the message, could you screenshot it? Thanks

It's just a Windows error box that says "Play withSIX has stopped working". It loaded OK before I let it update.

It's just a Windows error box that says "Play withSIX has stopped working". It loaded OK before I let it update.

Check your shortcuts, try running from the official SIX Networks -> Play withSIX start menu icons.

Check your shortcuts, try running from the official SIX Networks -> Play withSIX start menu icons.

Hmm, found this in the eventlog so shutdown Radeon Pro and then I was able to launch PwS. It's always been OK before since Play With Six.exe was added to the compatibility list and set to Disable API detection but I see you've changed the filename to withSIX-Play.exe for some reason, so adding that to the compatibility list was necessary to fix it.

Faulting application name: withSIX-Play.exe, version: 1.3.0.459, time stamp: 0x518a1b3a

Faulting module name: AppProfiles.dll, version: 1.0.5.5, time stamp: 0x5168b1a4

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002ec00

Faulting process id: 0x32ec

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce4be5aa034664

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SIX Networks\Play withSIX\withSIX-Play.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadeonPro\AppProfiles.dll

Report Id: e9c8ddba-b7d8-11e2-9fcc-8c89a563ffda

Application: withSIX-Play.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 5D8DEC00

Ahh there we go, glad to hear :)

Question. In SU when you made a preset and dragged a mod into it that had dependencies, the dependants were also put into the preset.

In PwS I see this. http://s9.postimg.org/av9m6bg0f/screenshot_11.png. Are the dependencies in the preset also(just hidden)? Do I need to go hunt them down and add them?

--edit--

It auto adds dependencies. Oddly enough though it did not auto add the cba's. unsure if that is a bug or intended.

Bug when trying to make a shortcut- http://s9.postimg.org/g7ygkg3wv/screenshot_12.png

Also I vaguely recall that custom sets are supposed to be saved? It didnt, though that may be because it crashed.

+ refuses to locate my custom @mk4 folder under local.

Has the PwS networks version but that will overwrite the version that I have. ( i assume)

Edited by Masharra

Question. In SU when you made a preset and dragged a mod into it that had dependencies, the dependants were also put into the preset.

In PwS I see this. http://s9.postimg.org/av9m6bg0f/screenshot_11.png. Are the dependencies in the preset also(just hidden)? Do I need to go hunt them down and add them?

The dependencies will be included, they're just not listed when not specifically added them to the collection.

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:42 ----------

It auto adds dependencies. Oddly enough though it did not auto add the cba's. unsure if that is a bug or intended.
If you run the OA beta, CBA_CO should be activated, the others not.
Bug when trying to make a shortcut- http://s9.postimg.org/g7ygkg3wv/screenshot_12.png
Thanks will look into it.
Also I vaguely recall that custom sets are supposed to be saved? It didnt, though that may be because it crashed.
Correct.
+ refuses to locate my custom @mk4 folder under local.

Has the PwS networks version but that will overwrite the version that I have. ( i assume)

ATM this is by design, you can workaround it by renaming the @mk4 folder to e.g @mk4_local.

We're in the process of changing this behavior though with the introduction of Synq.

btw Is there some update we're unaware of and can add to the network?

---------- Post added at 20:22 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

The issue with the shortcut creation for custom modsets was found and fixed for next build.

Original Post

Following the previous posts Introducing codename “Synqâ€, our new distribution tech and Introducing codename “Paqâ€. The Synq package and collection index, we would like to share our progress with Synq.

In the last few weeks we've successfully integrated and tweaked Synq, here's a quick screenshot::

vmx4c0_thumb.png

(click image to enlarge)

There's currently 2 versions of the Official Beta Patch for OA (a fairly 'stable' beta, and an 'experimental' beta tagged as alpha), and several other mods have already multiple versions like CWR2 and ACE.

We're still performing final tweaks, and hope to deploy Play withSIX with Synq support on the Beta channel in the next days.

For the next two weeks the migration will slowly commence, and in the mean time we will be working on Custom Repository and Dedicated Server utilities to support Synq as well.

Synq and the Custom Repository and Dedicated Server utiltities are planned to be supported on Linux, next to Windows

Truelly exciting times!

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

New Play withSIX BETA build released!

http://play.withsix.com/changelog

Now supports Take on Helicopters: Rearmed (Load A2/OA into TKOH), next to the already supported ARMA 3: AllInArma (Load A2/OA/TKOH into A3).

Also the new mod license dialog is finally here!

332s29x.png

Enjoy

wonderful good sir wonderful it may be time to fully migrate to pws for everything bis

Another new stable release was made today, following several beta releases past days: http://play.withsix.com/changelog

Brings the Steam launch improvements and other improvements to the stable channel, and adds group members to contactlist and some more improvements.

Expect a new BETA to arrive on the BETA channel soon with Synq/MultiVersion support.

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 ----------

wonderful good sir wonderful it may be time to fully migrate to pws for everything bis

Thanks, you can believe it when I say we're working very hard to make SU redundant, we're pretty much there I think, final bits are slowly finishing.

For the next few weeks we have planned the new Custom Repository Utility, Dedicated Server Utility, new web experience and UI Overhaul pt2; Libraries and Collections.

Edited by Sickboy

Loading from, and downloading and updating mods to different mod installation paths is now supported and scheduled for release together with Synq/MultiVersion integration on the BETA channel soon.

This means that e.g if you use ARMA 3 AllInArma, with A2/OA mods and TOH mods, and say some A3 mods, then the mods will install to and load from the designated mod installation path for each game.

You can of course set all mod installation paths to the same folder if you so prefer it :)

Here's an example line:

"D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -nosplash -nofilepatching "-mod=E:\_arma\arma 3\@allinarma\ProductDummies;D:\games\steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\expansion;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Take on Helicopters;D:\games\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3;E:\_arma\arma 3\@allinarma\Core;E:\_arma\arma 3\@allinarma\PostA3;C:\Users\Patrick\Documents\Take on Helicopters\@CBA_TOH;E:\_arma\arma 2\@CBA_CO;E:\_arma\arma 2\@JayArma2Lib;E:\_arma\arma 2\@ACRE"

So,

ARMA3: @AllInArma

TOH: @CBA_TOH

ARMA2OA: @CBA_CO, @JayArma2Lib, @ACRE

Edited by Sickboy

I installed VME with PwS found that vme_pla_ammoboxes.pbo was in the main folder, not in addons, which seems wrong.

Thanks doveman, but in the VME_PLA_2012-08-22 package, the vme_pla_ammoboxes.pbo is inside the KEY folder, and unsigned.

Thanks doveman, but in the VME_PLA_2012-08-22 package, the vme_pla_ammoboxes.pbo is inside the KEY folder, and unsigned.

Ah, thanks I'll ask them about that then :)

I deleted and re-imported (using pws:// ) my custom repos (only using mods on the six network) into PwS but now out of the three, only one shows the dropdown arrow to show the mods and the one that does show the mods just shows padlocks next to them, whereas before I could untick mods I'm sure. Actually it's now changed so that all three show the dropdown arrow but still all the mods are padlocked.

I guess this makes sense as they're Required mods but still it seems to have changed from before when I could untick them.

Mods stated as required in repos should appear locked in PwS, as for communities you don't want to have members unload required mods. Not sure if anything changed recently though, haven't seen it in recent change logs.

Try adding optional mods to one of your repos to see the difference.

Repos could take some time before they are fully initialised, so that could mean why you did not see the drop down arrow immediately.

Mods stated as required in repos should appear locked in PwS, as for communities you don't want to have members unload required mods. Not sure if anything changed recently though, haven't seen it in recent change logs.

Try adding optional mods to one of your repos to see the difference.

Repos could take some time before they are fully initialised, so that could mean why you did not see the drop down arrow immediately.

Yeah, that makes sense and I guess it might just have been a glitch that left them unlocked, or I imagined it!

I note that RHSMod doesn't have an @ in front of it like most mods. Is this on purpose, as it seems better to have all mods start with @ to keep them together and in alphabetical order in Windows Explorer?

I can't seem to find Trinity Island on PwS http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19643 . Is it there or could it possibly be added?

EDIT: I notice that a lot of the Trinity files are just cwr2 files, so we don't need to download and store those twice. That leaves

hotze_base.pbo - 70MB

hotze_trinity.pbo - 223MB

ibr_rn.pbo - 69MB (dated 4/4/2010)

the first two seem to be exclusive to this mod but ibr_rn.pbo I do already have installed in it's own @ folder but there the pbo is only 44.3MB (dated 20/12/2012). There's also another copy in @UOMaps, which is the same size (69MB) as the Trinity one, although dated 22/11/2012.

Edited by doveman

I recall we discussed a while back the possibility of PwS being able to auto-detect ACR and ACR Lite and enable whichever is available, in a similar way to how it enables @CBA_CO or @CBA_OA, etc depending on which beta is being used. Has it been possible to implement this yet or do users still need to manage this manually if a server requires ACR/ACR lite?

EDIT: I've also noticed that PwS doesn't appear to be loading the dependencies unlike Six Updater. For example, in SU if I add @Lingor it automatically adds a load of other dependencies it requires, whereas if I add @Lingor in PwS, it only adds that one mod. Do I need to enable something or is this just not implemented in PwS yet?

Sickboy could better comment the other questions.

PwS does support dependencies, they are just not displayed. In the info panel you can see all mods that are selected and their dependencies too.

Sickboy could better comment the other questions.

PwS does support dependencies, they are just not displayed. In the info panel you can see all mods that are selected and their dependencies too.

Ah thanks, I'll look at that panel when adding mods then.

---------- Post added at 12:01 ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 ----------

I'm having some trouble testing my server profiles locally on SU. I have three profiles, cwr2.yml, ACE.yml and noACE.yml. With PwS, I can open the links to these (i.e. pws://127.0.01/six/cwr2.yml) and they all import as separate custom mods no problem but with SU, when I open cwr2.yml it imports with some mods missing (@CWR2, @CWR2_NL, @CWR2_UK) and in Servers panel on the right, it shows the name used in my ace.yml, not the cwr2.yml (although the preset doesn't list the ACE mods and shows the correct name). All three of my .ymls refer to the same server IP:Port as they're just different modsets run on the same server on different nights but as I've only imported the cwr2.yml into SU, I can't see how it can be mixing them up!

Actually, whilst the CWR mods are listed under the profile in PwS, it doesn't appear to be working properly as it isn't prompting me to update them, whereas if I add them to the profile manually in SU it shows they need checking/updating.

EDIT: I note that if I click Diagnose, it does check and update the mods but it's not giving me any indication that they need updating, as happens if I select just the CWR2 modset for example. Obviously I would like players to be prompted that they need to update rather than expecting them to click Diagnose before playing each time. I added hotze_base to the modset after I started the Diagnose and it is now prompting me that I need to update this, so perhaps it only works with manually added mods and not the Required ones for some reason?

EDIT2: Hmm, strangely after diagnosing in PwS and (I assumed) CWR2 being updated, it still shows (@CWR2 and @CWR2_UK) as being the previous version in SU. I even selected just the CWR2 modset in PwS and clicked Diagnose but it still hadn't according to SU, whilst PwS still shows no indication that it needs to be updated. Updating in SU has done @CWR2_UK but failed on @CWR2 the first time and required a second run. After that, on selecting my modset in PwS, now it says it needs to update @CWR2_UK to v5 and @CWR2 to v32, although SU shows v4 and and v31 respectively and no update needed. Now I'm doing Verify and Repair mods in SU and it's showing that CWR2 and CWR2_UK need updating to v32 and v5 again. Maybe there was a glitch in the Six network earlier which was causing PwS not to notify me of the updates but it seems strange that it would have affected PwS and not SU.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 ----------

I can't seem to find Trinity Island on PwS http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19643 . Is it there or could it possibly be added?

EDIT: I notice that a lot of the Trinity files are just cwr2 files, so we don't need to download and store those twice. That leaves

hotze_base.pbo - 70MB

hotze_trinity.pbo - 223MB

ibr_rn.pbo - 69MB (dated 4/4/2010)

the first two seem to be exclusive to this mod but ibr_rn.pbo I do already have installed in it's own @ folder but there the pbo is only 44.3MB (dated 20/12/2012). There's also another copy in @UOMaps, which is the same size (69MB) as the Trinity one, although dated 22/11/2012.

Actually I see that hotze_base.pbo is already on Six, so that just leaves hotze_trinity.pbo

Edited by doveman

Regarding dependencies, it seems if I list them in the Required mods of my profile then they are listed on the left, so perhaps it's better to do that unless there's some reason why I shouldn't?

EDIT: Just testing without the dependencies specified in the profile so that they only appear on the right panel and I note it says "8 dependencies" but then only shows 3.5 names on a single line and there doesn't appear to be any way to expand it to show the rest, so I can't check exactly what dependencies it's added. So perhaps it is advisable to list them as Required mods so that they can be seen in the left panel list.

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

I note that MK4_HUD contains a file "mk4_fix_sthud.pbo" which causes an error on launching ArmA if STHUD isn't enabled. Might it be an idea to move this file to the @STHUD folder or would it then cause an error if that was enabled but not MK4_HUD?

EDIT: Actually, it appears the @mk4 on Six is quite different to the mod I had in mind which is this one http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16384 which only uses mk4_hud_info.pbo, whereas the one on Six uses mk4_show_info.pbo and mk4_fix_sthud.pbo.

Edited by doveman

I can't seem to update the @UOMods folder with SU or PwS at the moment. With SU it mostly completes but then fails and with PwS it doesn't recognise that it needs updating and instead wants to update @UOMaps (rev 83, current 0), which SU says is up-to-date. If I let it update, it verifies OK but then just hangs on the Updating stage at 0% for ages but does complete if left for a while. PwS seems to think that v141 of @UOMods is installed, whilst SU thinks it's on v137 and needs to update.

I've posted the log from SU here http://pastebin.com/jMs61BVG