Sign in to follow this  
PsychoPigeon

Who's going to make the first domination gamemode?

I think we can all agree that coop games are the best, but, WHO will make domination gametype? I just loaded up Arrowhead and no domination servers exist anymore.

i suggest you to join some arma community like shactac or unitedoperations if you want some fun coop/tvt instead of chaos on random servers.

also xeno said that he would not hand anyone permission to port domi to a3, since i'ts pretty much dominated all the servers

Because people have moved on to different missions. I am personally not a fan of Domination. I play MSO, which is holding my interest at the moment.

I hope that the community will be more creative and inventive then creating/porting the exact same missions to arma3 that we already played for several years on arma2. Not looking forward to an arma3 server list filled with domination again. It's a cool mission, but we have seen it ,done it, and waiting for new fresh mission idea's.

Xeno won't give the permission to port Domi over.

The overall design and concept is nice, but I don't like it that much because of the people that take an overpowered loadout and keep sniping the poor AI from far turning the whole thing in a sitting duck shooter. Things may change with the new inventory system and the possible future integration of headless clients...

I know that Arma is a milsim... but i would love to se some more casule game typs...

Some smaller Inf like Team king of the hill.

For more open a assault and defend where both teams has a base and you have to assault and take out the enemy team base by blowing it up.

And the Delta force version of capture the flag.... each team has like 15-20 flags... to 30-40 total. Once u have taking a enemy flag it will no respawn. and the first team to cap all the enemy flags win.

I hope that the community will be more creative and inventive then creating/porting the exact same missions to arma3 that we already played for several years on arma2. Not looking forward to an arma3 server list filled with domination again. It's a cool mission, but we have seen it ,done it, and waiting for new fresh mission idea's.

+1 Got burnt out on Domination during ArmA1 early stages of ArmA2, with all the new toys,game potential will be a relief to see what community comes up with. Hopefully with new game animations PVP will make a return. Like maybe an improved style like AAS, Bezerk would love to see RTS 4-5 return for ArmA3

We need Evolution baby ! It´s the most fun i´ve had on any public ARMA 2 Server back then.

Could someone tell me who created the Evolution USMC v22 ? I need him to remake it for the ARMA 3 Alpha

I would like to see a serious urban warfare map ( mostly light weapons, and some light spawn of rpgs etc , max some mortars )

Also,what i sadly havent experienced yet ( as i only played warfare, mostly at ohai) is making each weapon count.

in the sense, yes if you buy a plane and its killed its a big loss because of the money spent for it and the asset loss, but if you have the $$$ you have no problem respawning and reflying. so if you have not many resources for it or 'factories' it feels as a loss, but if you have them its almost not much pain as you may refly again in 2 minutes

Or about the metis , and such weapons. You can fire them, respawn and sort of having an ''unlimited'' number of them. devaluing the sense of having heavy armour ( apart from their cannons)

like what if there was a limit of how many numbers of a weapon/ vehicles can be spawned over time? in order to reflect the possible scarcer proliferation of such weapon systems? at same time it should make such weapons a great asset, but to be used with caution and not exhausted quickly or in worthless acts ( but at same time i feel thr concern if such thing is applicable in a server with 'kids' that waste them immediately, marking the fate of the game almost irreparibly).

Make heavy armour feel real dangerous as i think it is , or about helicopters like the hind ( i am not mentioning the kamov , especially the kamov because of the tab lock and fire from uber range and kill the enemy, but i ll apply it to most air vehicles with great attack range with many a2g missiles which is a different thing.) so like there can be only 1-2 kamovs at time, or even if one dies, you have to wait for it.

sorry if perhaps i dont explain it so clearly at this time, but i hope it gives an idea about it.

the last sentence reminds me a bit the multiplayer experience i have had with air games such as il 2 and Cliffs of dover where they limit the availability of better types of aircrafts ( like ( from what i think it works, i dont know details enough) having a max count of 10 of X type, that for each loss it takes Y time to replenish)

Edited by el0375

I know that Arma is a milsim... but i would love to se some more casule game typs...

Some smaller Inf like Team king of the hill.

For more open a assault and defend where both teams has a base and you have to assault and take out the enemy team base by blowing it up.

And the Delta force version of capture the flag.... each team has like 15-20 flags... to 30-40 total. Once u have taking a enemy flag it will no respawn. and the first team to cap all the enemy flags win.

Actually I just made a large TVT mission like that and with limited non respawning resources for both teams. I might port that over and maybe some better scripters and mission makers will pick up on that and create an improved version of it. I wish I had a talent for scripting, Ideas enough!

Edited by B00tsy
grammar

We need Evolution baby ! It´s the most fun i´ve had on any public ARMA 2 Server back then.

Could someone tell me who created the Evolution USMC v22 ? I need him to remake it for the ARMA 3 Alpha

Kiljoy was originally Evolution Blue from ArmA1 days

I do enjoy playing a bit of domi now and then. I have even made a mission (semi-unreleased) that is very similar to domi for Ironfront. I might even try to port the scripting I created for it over to A3, but I doubt I will release it/have time to support it in the way that Xeno does with domi.

Xeno did ask not to port Domination over to Arma 3, and if somebody still does, he won't have Xeno's permission, that's for sure.

Nobody was allowed to port it to Ironfront either, so thats why I started to build one for them from scratch, but it isn't nowhere as good/feature rich as Xeno's

2 team Domination is good.

Lots of people say they like the challenge Arma provides but when it comes to facing off with another human instead of fish-in-a-barrel AI they rage quit..

so the few 2 team Domination servers that were around died.

Lots of people say they like the challenge Arma provides but when it comes to facing off with another human instead of fish-in-a-barrel AI they rage quit..

I actually find the ai to be much more cause for rage quit. They may be dumb, but there shooting and spotting are often cause for frustration.

I too would like something new and creative for arma 3 (not that Domi isn't great).

I've made a draft of COOP CTI -mission that would have a story in the background. It would have main objectives that must be completed in order to finish the mission, but also wide variety of dynamic, not-necessary missions that would result in reward for the players' side and/or disturb the actions of enemy if they were completed.

Multi-Session Operations could replace that on a certain level. Besides, less Domi? More Warfare! :)

This. MSO is FAR better than Domi / Evo in my opinion.

2 team Domination is good.

Yeah the TVT Domi version I really liked. The few servers I played it on were often filled with players messing up the bases or hacking the shit out of the server though. But 2 teams and 2 bases is cool, the ao's can be even left out if it's up to me and just make it a capture the base mission.

CO-OP gamemodes are NOT the best.

Project realitys PVP is the best you can play on ARMA 2.

I personally prefer scenario missions. With a briefing. objectives. A few sneeky on the fly frago objectives you may/may not trigger. With an end. Play it organised and tactical then call it a night.

That said I do really love fallujah insurgency.

I think we can all agree that coop games are the best, but, WHO will make domination gametype? I just loaded up Arrowhead and no domination servers exist anymore.

Plenty still around, I play on one server that switches between that and Insurgency ACE/Expert versions ofcourse.

CO-OP gamemodes are NOT the best.

Project realitys PVP is the best you can play on ARMA 2.

LoL No. PR is possibly the worst conversion mod made for ArmA 2.

Tbh, Domi was fun when I first got ArmA, but once you actually get into COOP, Domi seems not so good.

I hope MSO becomes more of a dominating mission in ArmA 3, on the level of Domi/Warfare. MSO is a fantastic mission, and could replace Domi easily if it received enough publicity/use.

Because people have moved on to different missions. I am personally not a fan of Domination. I play MSO, which is holding my interest at the moment.

I find MSO more fun than Domination & Warfare. People should be more aware of it.