Sign in to follow this  
PsychoPigeon

Who's going to make the first domination gamemode?

It was that he wouldn't give anyone permission to port his work... it came off as "I'm not getting Arma 3 because of Steam so I refuse to let someone else just port my work, they have to do all the work themselves if they want Domination". :rolleyes: Though I heard on another forum that there was literally nothing at a software level stopping anyone from simply porting it without his permission, just the risk of being identified as a thief.

Here's the most recent word from Xeno (the one he's dissing is CHKilroy), but no mention of Domination by him.

Yeah there's absolutely nothing stopping someone from porting a mission over except spaghetti code, posting the mission here or at armaholic though will probably get you in trouble but it isn't going to stop people running a server one little bit.

Xeno has always been a personality.

It just did not develope over night. I think he felt cranky back in the day when DayZ appeared, he stop updating domination our of reasons only known to him, but he left remarks that, in his oppinion, DayZ and other Gamemodes would destroy the Arma Community. That is his oppinion and it is most likely going to stay like this. I think we should all give the Domination Gamemode a rest and let it lie where it belongs, with the past.

With A-Symetric warfare going on and the realistic battles having a different look now, rather then a complete control all cities destroy everything mentality, we should concentrate our effort on making Gamemodes fitting to the Setup and Gameplay changes.

Farewell Xeno, i always loved your ranty anger-remarks on your updates.

Anyone who's spent some time hacking around the A2 Domination code should realise that doing a straight port would be more trouble than it's worth anyway. I mean, it works but, well... lets just say that creating a Boolean with a triple negative meaning is some kind of achievement!

Take the concepts and reengineer them.

some of the concepts aren't very good anyway, it's the mission as a whole that has value. considering Xeno was working on Domination 4 at some point and wanted to change a lot of it, people shouldn't just blindly copy his old mission entirely. I'd love to see a different vision of Domi for Arma 3 from someone.

or I guess Evolution will have to do

Actually there is Arma 3 alpha lite domination made by xeno. Same as in Arma 2.

are you sure it's made by Xeno and not a port of his Domination for A2?

yes it is xeno mission, log into my server and see yourself : pawel arma

Edited by PawelKPL

are you sure it's made by Xeno and not a port of his Domination for A2?

I think, it is a port. Just my opinion.

We are playing the same mission and at least that is what i think.

I can confirm, "co40_Domination_2_95_Blufor_Lite_Alpha.Stratis" is by Xeno.

Dorph;2368513']I can confirm' date=' "co40_Domination_2_95_Blufor_Lite_Alpha.Stratis" is by Xeno.[/quote']

Doesn't suprise me, exactly what happened in Ironfront. He said noone could port it, and someone found it being played on several servers. Its disrespectful imo, but it seems to be the future.

But as far as i know Xeno never made any mission for Ironfront. This is domination made by Xeno for Arma3 - now

peps just have to call their mission something else - so if you want to play the real Domination look for servers with

mission "co40 Domination! Bluefor [2.95] Lite Alpha".

It have all the funktions it had in Arma2 (with the limits of current A3-alfa in mind).

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Its not there no, maybe cuz its alpha dont know. You got to grab it from a server running it.

I'm playing a Domination in A3 right now, and it says it's by Xeno (obviously not), it also has a message at the start, saying you are not allowed to monetise any video's while playing domination, you are not allowed to live stream while playing domination.... lol what bullshit is that?

It does have some features to set itself from others which is a stance indicator in top right of the game and the map is set at a single zoom level.

You can see both in the picture below.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560971494621089965/F694E426E85B11463947FEF1BDF8D067F7557657/

EDIT:

Apparently it is Xeno's work. And the text is because there is no real support for mod teams that make the game so popular.

Edited by VIPER[CWW]
typo

I can understand why Xeno wouldn't want his mission used for any of it, but what can he do, really? :j: