Sign in to follow this  
raptor90

Situation update?

Nope it's working ATM.

Good stuff, I doubt I'll ever come back to the game/forums though, but it would be a shame to lose all that info that we built up on the forums over time.

L

Edited by orlok

I'm never posting on that forum again until some information is given to us (they said they will release some info in "the coming weeks", I highly doubt it though).

I doubt I'll ever come back to the game

Your missing out on the new textures made by one of the members, we now can play with Fallshirmjager units, and soon SS units thanks to Joarius,

other things too, but thats not all.

but it would be a shame to lose all that info that we built up on the forums over time.

No worries, we were afraid of the same thing, but Tay-Uk and myself have copied it over to our forum so if the forums go down again we have it.

I'm never posting on that forum again until some information is given to us (they said they will release some info in "the coming weeks", I highly doubt it though).

I'll save you time.. here's the info "BUY OUR NEW GAME!"..... P.S... ignore what we've done is the past. kthanks!

I'll save you time.. here's the info "BUY OUR NEW GAME!"..... P.S... ignore what we've done is the past. kthanks!

Pretty much, but I want that info anyway so I can have a good laugh.

I'd happily jump in on the game if it even supported the rough breath of mods and features ArmA II does. One of the things that prevented me from diving into it was learning that mods had to be approved on a case-by-case basis, which is almost an antithesis that Bohemia Interactive's mentality and engines stand against. If that was fixed, I'm sure I'd jump in, so I can only hope people break through the shells that are holding it back from basically supported the meat that ArmA II's community has made.

Pretty much, but I want that info anyway so I can have a good laugh.

All info now will be posted on awar. su

All info now will be posted on awar. su

A quote from the given website :

Dear fans,after having some tough times a related to Iron Front, we would like to announce that AWAR team is still here and active again.During the development of Iron Front, our hands were completely tied and the direction of the progress was not estimated by us. We did not have any possibilities to freely do any fixes to the game neither to the engine, to make any official announcements or comments about the state of the project. Being more tighten day after a day, we were truly sorry to see how great and active community our game united, with so many amazing online events and astonishing singleplayer projects, and we could not continue to support it in such sad conditions. Therefore we would like to let you know that we started development of a new, mostly independent project, using all good and bad experiences we gained during the development of our first official project, Iron Front and it’s DLC. Now we will be able to provide you a constant feed of news of the project as we like, publishing all information we like and establishing a direction we believe you will love.Our new project is in it’s early stage of development, but we already want to share some of our successes and some info about the new game with you. At the moment the project is in the stage of various experiments with the possibilities of the engine, in order to find out what more features we can introduce among the ones we already described in our features list in the***description of the game. Let’s call it Pre-alpha stage, where a solid piece of work has already been done.***We would like to welcome you all to our new official site, where we will regularly post news and progress of our project since we are not tied by any odd wishes of anyone else. We deeply appreciate every member of the community and hope that these dark times will be forgiven for bright future we believe is coming.***Thank you for all that has been and will be,***the AWAR team

Tl;dr

thanks for all the purchases on our previous game, but we are going to work on a new project and expect you guys to spread your ass cheeks for us once more.

Tl;dr

This ain't reddit. Try to respect the devs more in the future. They work hard

A quote from the given website :
Dear fans,after having some tough times a related to Iron Front, we would like to announce that AWAR team is still here and active again.During the development of Iron Front, our hands were completely tied and the direction of the progress was not estimated by us. We did not have any possibilities to freely do any fixes to the game neither to the engine, to make any official announcements or comments about the state of the project. Being more tighten day after a day, we were truly sorry to see how great and active community our game united, with so many amazing online events and astonishing singleplayer projects, and we could not continue to support it in such sad conditions. Therefore we would like to let you know that we started development of a new, mostly independent project, using all good and bad experiences we gained during the development of our first official project, Iron Front and it’s DLC. Now we will be able to provide you a constant feed of news of the project as we like, publishing all information we like and establishing a direction we believe you will love.Our new project is in it’s early stage of development, but we already want to share some of our successes and some info about the new game with you. At the moment the project is in the stage of various experiments with the possibilities of the engine, in order to find out what more features we can introduce among the ones we already described in our features list in the***description of the game. Let’s call it Pre-alpha stage, where a solid piece of work has already been done.***We would like to welcome you all to our new official site, where we will regularly post news and progress of our project since we are not tied by any odd wishes of anyone else. We deeply appreciate every member of the community and hope that these dark times will be forgiven for bright future we believe is coming.***Thank you for all that has been and will be,***the AWAR team

well they are being honest OR here comes the reach around :(

This ain't reddit. Try to respect the devs more in the future. They work hard

Yeah, about that: Respect is a two way street, and seeing as how the devs maintained that there'd be free modding until the day it was released, how the game would be fixed if people waited just a little longer several times over, and sent out a low quality D-Day DLC instead of actually trying to fix some of the extremelly large issues, I think it's fair to say they didn't live up to their part of the bargain when it comes to respect.

Don't care if they make something new or not, unless it's really high quality and cheap this time, they can forget having my money.

...sent out a low quality D-Day DLC instead of actually trying to fix some of the extremelly large issues...

Not sure what these issues are as I have never experienced them.

I was hoping they would've continued with the Arma series as it is infinitely more flexible in the whole scope of things and they already have years of experience with the game.

It is a shame the have chosen to use a different engine but good on them for releasing the shackles that kept them from making IF an truly great game.

Orange glowing heads for all but two of the Red Army characters? Absurd armour penetration values, and subsequent behaviour of penetrated, and even burning tanks? Constantly having broken ballistics? Broken AT hand grenades? Reverted axis of static weapons?

Orange glowing heads for all but two of the Red Army characters? Absurd armour penetration values, and subsequent behaviour of penetrated, and even burning tanks? Constantly having broken ballistics? Broken AT hand grenades? Reverted axis of static weapons?

Orange faces have been corrected.

Yeah, about that: Respect is a two way street, and seeing as how the devs maintained that there'd be free modding until the day it was released, how the game would be fixed if people waited just a little longer several times over, and sent out a low quality D-Day DLC instead of actually trying to fix some of the extremelly large issues, I think it's fair to say they didn't live up to their part of the bargain when it comes to respect.

DeepSilver are the guys you ant to point the finger at not Awar, Awar just made the content in the game, they have/had no ability

to make decisions whether the game can be modded, or fixed or what have you, they can build the patches and such and make more content but as

far as the decision for a patch/modding and anything for that matter to be released is not decided by them.

Bis owns the engine, and DS sells it, overall those 2 companies make the decisions for the game not being moddable, patched fixed ect, mainly DS.

considering the amount of help and support we gave to the IF project it would be nice if these who point fingers tried to pierce the responsible parties elsewhere :)

Orange faces have been corrected.

Not when they were hard at work making the D-Day DLC, which is what I was pointing out. The fact that a lot of those issues still remain to this day goes to show how crappy a game it is.

And yes, Awar is to blame just as much as anyone else. The only reason the modding restrictions were enabled in the first place is because they got greedy, and actually decided to make it into a game of their own, instead of a DLC or something. I have a hard time believing they weren't actually aware of the modding restrictions until the day the game was released, that's just too good to be true. I reckon they were made aware of the restrictions they'd be facing long before it was too late to back out of making a standalone game as opposed to an Arma DLC.

I reckon they were made aware of the restrictions they'd be facing long before it was too late to back out of making a standalone game as opposed to an Arma DLC.

Well, that seems to be truly undoubtful info. Btw, if, say, you would tell me truth and I will respond that it is too good to be true and according to my source you are lying - will it become false?

You just belive in what you want to belive.

Edited by Genshiken

What part of "I reckon" do you not comprehend?

And if you actually believe the "yeah, we thought there'd be free modding, all up to the day it was released and people could actually start modding. Or well, rather not", then you ought to be rather naïve.

Hello there

I think going over old ground and finger pointing does no-one any good whatsoever.

Awar are doing their own new thing. Why not wait and see what comes of it and then judge? They might surprise you.

IFL *is* flawed, but it's not half as bad (IMHO) as many make out.

I think the surrounding atmosphere and issues are more to blame for it's small following now rather than issues with the game itself. (Although they *do* exist)

I definitely got my monies worth out of it. I think we are spoiled by Arma to some degree, so expect all other games to be "the same".

Rgds

LoK

Bought it myself on the steam sale with the DLC, still looking forward to giving it a blast, several friends in steam speak highly of it and have 100's of hours on it so again it is something I look forward to.

Bought it myself on the steam sale with the DLC, still looking forward to giving it a blast, several friends in steam speak highly of it and have 100's of hours on it so again it is something I look forward to.

Hello there,

You'll love the models and terrains, they're superb.

My only gripe is the lack of equipment/weapons that you'll regularly use. There is a fair amount of kit though. Take it for what it is and you'll enjoy it.

Rgds

LoK