Sign in to follow this  
Colt45_GTO

all the addons ruined the game?

If youve got steam , the mod folders arent an option anymore as it then makes ACR not visible or atleast they no longer work for me :(, so I have to play russian roulette and throw them in my common folder and hope for the best.

Getting back on topic though, why even make a post about not liking addons, they gave me years of entertainment with ofp, sadly never experimented much with arma as when i actually got a machien to run it it i had already bought arma 2.

Uninstall Arma2/CO & Dayz. Reinstall Arma2/CO fresh. Patch the game. Learn how to use mod folders or one of the available mod managing utilities. Reinstall Dayz & any other mod afterwords. Also, here's one of many resources explaining how to install mods.

Edited by Iceman77

If youve got steam , the mod folders arent an option anymore as it then makes ACR not visible or atleast they no longer work for me :(, so I have to play russian roulette and throw them in my common folder and hope for the best.

Nothing to do with Steam. Just ACR DLC being ACR DLC again. If you want to use mod string you will have to add ACR to it. It will work but it will look like another BAF DLC icon in the main menu.

I complete disagree. Addons and MODs are making ArmA immortal. This game is going back from CWR, since then over 10 years have passed and the community has grown. Most addons are top notch quality . . . real masterpieces. Addon and Mod makers have kept me to this game for over 10 years. There's so much stuff to try out, that you can't try everything even if you would play 24/7.

The modding aspect of ArmA keeps this game always fresh. Alone our terrain makers provides you with a new play experience everytime you fire up a new terrain. that I wouldn't miss in the world. Our Addon and modding community has my profound respect and I'm grateful to everyone of them because they are providing me with constantly new toys to play.

ArmA has a steep learning curve under every aspect but that is in my opinion what makes this game so unique. You need to be patient and learn everything from scratch if you can't do that then this is not the game for you. For MP search for a gaming group that's the best you can do. They tell you what mods are required, TS and so on and you should be good to go.

ArmA isn't perfect but there isn't anything out there which can be compared in scope and size. There's no other game which gives you the same freedom of choice. So that's why I play ArmA rather than other games.;)

I complete disagree. Addons and MODs are making ArmA immortal. This game is going back from CWR, since then over 10 years have passed and the community has grown. Most addons are top notch quality . . . real masterpieces. Addon and Mod makers have kept me to this game for over 10 years. There's so much stuff to try out, that you can't try everything even if you would play 24/7.

The modding aspect of ArmA keeps this game always fresh. Alone our terrain makers provides you with a new play experience everytime you fire up a new terrain. that I wouldn't miss in the world. Our Addon and modding community has my profound respect and I'm grateful to everyone of them because they are providing me with constantly new toys to play.

ArmA has a steep learning curve under every aspect but that is in my opinion what makes this game so unique. You need to be patient and learn everything from scratch if you can't do that then this is not the game for you. For MP search for a gaming group that's the best you can do. They tell you what mods are required, TS and so on and you should be good to go.

ArmA isn't perfect but there isn't anything out there which can be compared in scope and size. There's no other game which gives you the same freedom of choice. So that's why I play ArmA rather than other games.;)

While I agree with you I think Colt is speaking about something else though, maybe he's expressed it abit drastic and misleading in the thread title.

He has the problem that there's like 76261 different servers and no good way to filter for unmodified missions and just play a round of aircav like we were used to when there were only 300 MP players in total 4-5 full servers.

I have the same problem. The ingame server browser works OK if you filter by mission type for every mission type except missions that don't have a mission type set. If you filter for these all the dayz servers will popup and you'll have no way to find that vanilla mission with no mission type set.

Six Updater allows to search for Vanilla ArmA2 Servers - it'd be great if BIS also added a function for searching non-mods servers in their browser. And add advanced search parameters, like in google.

well this game isnt for kids. You do need to be able run your own kit, and figure out how to use mods. If you cant handle that you will mostly suck anyways and just complain about some such or another. Just go back to your Xbox.

well this game isnt for kids. You do need to be able run your own kit, and figure out how to use mods. If you cant handle that you will mostly suck anyways and just complain about some such or another. Just go back to your Xbox.

I am quite sure even you weren't born with full PC knowledge but needed to RTFM and ask for help here and there. So laughing at those who don't know better and "send them back to their XboX" isn't the mature way IMHO. Instead, give a helping hand to those who need it.

I have spent time downloading, installing and trying various addons but i really prefer the vanilla version.

i am not sure if i am on my own here but i used to really enjoy playing on 7th cav server yet i simply can not find it in the server list anymore, all i see in RFT server list is DayZ ,DayZ DayZ DayZ! in regular A2 i can play one 3 servers the rest wont let me in because of the modded files on my system.

so now after buying all the games/addons and everything else i can play on 3 servers....yeah just great! whats worse is all 3 of them servers are russian so i can not understand a thing they are saying, so team work is out of the window there!

thanks for messing the game up guys it was the ONLY worthwhile game i had to play on my days off!

You might be in the minority,in fact if it weren't for such a big modding scene I doubt BI games would have the success they have.Arma is a niche game,without the addonmakers this game would be even more "niche".I would say Ofp,A1,A2CO were kept alive for so many years by the continuous flux of new units,islands,AI mods and so on.

@Icewindo: To get rid of DayZ servers install and run one of the recent betas. As a bonus there's quite a big AI improvement too (AI will attack from the maximum possible range instead of constantly running within 10m of a target - making defenders much more deadly and attackers sneakier).

Betas are also fully compatible (unless stated otherwise) with 1.62 stable servers so you will get improvements on your side without breaking anything in the game.

Getting back on topic though, why even make a post about not liking addons, they gave me years of entertainment with ofp, sadly never experimented much with arma as when i actually got a machien to run it it i had already bought arma 2.

Yeah... don't do that. At any rate, I've got steam, the ACR DLC, and I use the expansions menu and I seem to be able to play the ACR content.

The only thing I need to do to start steam-version of ArmA2 with ACR is to add it to the mod string as "acr" (without @). Modfolders work perfectly.