Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

MSO won't create any physical map locations. The MSO function indexes all the existing map locations then assigns DEP and CQB positions to them accordingly -this is the bit that can take time, especially if the map has a lot of locs (like Chernarus or Reshmaan). The locations themselves are dependent on the map maker putting them in.

Okay, thx for the quick answer. You don't know a way to create physical map locations afterwards on an existing map, do you?

I have Tavi working well with CASEVAC now. The only map which refuses to play nice is Takistan. Sometimes a CASEVAC request is accepted but no helo ever spawns to come to the rescue. I keep looking at the WIP elements in the CASEVAC script and salivating at the idea of a medic jumping out and dragging wounded to the helo...:)

Still having issues getting GBL_aim and Nielson's CIM to work on dedi. Also wondering if LDL's AC-130 is still usable in the CAS arena.

You guys are awesome, thanks for the hard work.

I am searching for a good configuration for a two player experience without dedicated servers. Which parameters are recommend for two player missions?

I just try to play your mission framework and read your player manual.

It should be like:

- not many enemies

- not a big island (utes seems to be good)

- all of the gamemodes seems to be exiting. Which gamemode is the best for two player experience?

- what about the enemy strength? should i edit it? i heard about the general strength is based on the number of players?

I have another problem. When i try to request missions, i get the no radio error. But i have a radio. I try both, the normal one and an acre radio? Whats going on?

also, I have been playing these missions with 2 or 3 others. We use AI in our teams, is there anyway to allow the mobile mhq to have a recruitment option?

Yeah check the editors manual there is a line you can add to the init of the MHQ vehicle in the editor

How do you enable/disable vbieds and suicide bombers?

In the mission parameters

I am searching for a good configuration for a two player experience without dedicated servers. Which parameters are recommend for two player missions?

I just try to play your mission framework and read your player manual.

I have another problem. When i try to request missions, i get the no radio error. But i have a radio. I try both, the normal one and an acre radio? Whats going on?

If you cannot use a dedicated server then turn off as much as possible (especially ambiance stuff).. when running as host and client MSO does NOT perform well in my experience.

For the Patrol OPs requests... .try dropping all your inventory (weapons, radios, backpacks), pickup a new 117 and try requesting again. If this works then the problem is related to your unit loadouts (ie: customized loadouts, LEA editor, etc). Try starting the mission with no weapons or backpacks (removeAllWeapons this; removeBackpack this)

Also check your unit's rank in the editor - it must be below Captain I think?? (not 100% sure)

Hi ALL!

First I want to thank you guys for your effort. Your work and passion is amazing!

We use MSO 4.55 on dedi server. We use the PDB and everything seems to be fine. We can recover our weapons, vehicles, their location and other items left in the game.

Persist Cursor also works fine. Thanks for this useful tool.

The problem is the lack of fuel in vehicles, which are recovered from the database. We leave the vehicle with a full tank and when it is retrieved after rebooting the server, tank is empty. Regardless of the type and condition of the vehicle. We have to park our vehicles beside the MTVR to be able to refuel at the beginning of the game. It’s a little crazy :P

Can you explain why or what can we doing wrong?

We use the ACE and mission compatible with it.

I also have a question. Is it possible to save the recruited AI to database ?

We would like to create a small combat posts and leave the soldiers in them.

Sorry for the language mistakes if they are!

Edited by Bonhart

Where in the mission parameters exactly are they? Do I need Reezos mod for them to work?

@Bonhart - never had that issue with vehicle fuel. Are you sure you've turned the engines off? It may be related to the Vehicle Keys addon, which I believe removes the vehicle fuel to prevent others driving off with it. Make sure the vehicle keys are returned before logging off and that may solve it.

AI can't be saved to the DB. I've been using a workaround by editing the mission and adding a few AI in my Patrol Bases, but otherwise you need to recruit new ones every time you start the mission.

@Starky: down near the bottom of params - Ambient IEDs and Suicide Bombers. Works with or without Reezo's mod - if it detects you are running that mod you will get different types of IEDs that can be detected and disabled etc.

Thanks, I modified the mission so I can have up to 100 suicide bombers per 5km2! It's hilarious

Hi!

I have a question: Off","NOUJAY","CEP what is the best option for performance?

friznit2 how do you add AI? Just put some soldiers (non playable) on the editor grouped to the player?

Thanks?

Edited by Grillob3

Hello,

Thanks for this awesome PBO, for who make @arma2net, and everyone who contributed with it all. We are having a lot of fun and good time.

I would like to confirm with you that I can not use tags like -=BRA=- in the name, my "db" "fields" can not handle that, and in the end, who use tag cannot be recover weapons only, when someone use the symbols "-=" the name in field in DB related to that player is blank, empty. I configured my DB as "latin1". Please let me know if there´s something Im doing wrong in my DB or the arma connector, model db, system.fqm or anything can not handle that.

Thanks again

Calabresi

MSO v4.55 has caching in-built into Dynamic Enemy Populator and CQB modules.

Use caching if you have editor placed units only. Turn it off if you are using the missions from the MSO download.

CEP has the better performance, but only slightly - try both of them, see which one suits your needs better.

Thanks Wolffy! i am loving this missions! i am only playing the the missions from the MSO download for now!So i will turn it off!

Has anybody used the Nuke that is wrapped up in the scripts directory? I can't figure out how to get the explosion to happen...I'm familiar with LK script package but this is a little different. Can somebody give me an example? Thanks!

MSO v4.55 has caching in-built into Dynamic Enemy Populator and CQB modules.

Use caching if you have editor placed units only. Turn it off if you are using the missions from the MSO download.

CEP has the better performance, but only slightly - try both of them, see which one suits your needs better.

Did not know this... so we are using an edited version of 4.55 but have no editor placed AI.... turning off the AI caching is the best option performance-wise?

Did not know this... so we are using an edited version of 4.55 but have no editor placed AI.... turning off the AI caching is the best option performance-wise?

"MSO v4.55 has caching in-built into Dynamic Enemy Populator and CQB modules" plus CEP and NOUJAY so for the best performance you should leave those two off on the parameters! And the MSO downloaded missions will use the Dynamic Enemy Populator and CQB modules. And yes there is no placed AI on the map...from what i saw when unpbo the missions and edited on the editor! Only friendly.

Is there any missions where you play as OPFOR?

"MSO v4.55 has caching in-built into Dynamic Enemy Populator and CQB modules" plus CEP and NOUJAY so for the best performance you should leave those two off on the parameters! And the MSO downloaded missions will use the Dynamic Enemy Populator and CQB modules. And yes there is no placed AI on the map...from what i saw when unpbo the missions and edited on the editor! Only friendly.

Is there any missions where you play as OPFOR?

Yeah I was just clearing that up... there are no enemy AI units on the map in editor... just a few friendly base defenders :)

I thought there was an opfor version in the stock missions? Can't check ATM

Hi!

friznit2 how do you add AI? Just put some soldiers (non playable) on the editor grouped to the player?

Thanks?

Yes, just put AI down in the editor as you would with any other mission. You only need to group them to the player if you want them in your team. In most MSO stock missions you'll probably see a few groups of AI around the starting locations anyway. I sometimes place a few fixed, manned MG statics around the location I have build a FOB if I want AI defenders -just be careful you don't put them in the same place you have placed objects in game, or you might get interesting results (PDB respawning objects on top of vehicles can be a quite funny to watch). Tbh though I prefer to make the player do all the hard work - recruiting AI encourages them to be lazy ;)

Hey Comrades!

XMDM, The nuke may only be called with the presidents permission, so i didnt publish the command (joke, i just missed it sorry):

[_pos] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf", execute it on any locality (local on client or server). It is not designed for multiple use (yet), since the radiation effects and rad zome wont work correctly then - so only call it once in a session!

Enjoy, and dont look into the flash when it goes BOOOOM

HH

---------- Post added at 09:19 ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

Hello,

Thanks for this awesome PBO, for who make @arma2net, and everyone who contributed with it all. We are having a lot of fun and good time.

I would like to confirm with you that I can not use tags like -=BRA=- in the name, my "db" "fields" can not handle that, and in the end, who use tag cannot be recover weapons only, when someone use the symbols "-=" the name in field in DB related to that player is blank, empty. I configured my DB as "latin1". Please let me know if there´s something Im doing wrong in my DB or the arma connector, model db, system.fqm or anything can not handle that.

Thanks again

Calabresi

Hey Mate,

Yeah special chars, esp ' and " and = can cause errors, because they could interrupt the datastructure. We are constantly trying to improve it with replacing those chars, but it is not always possible - so best would be to avoid those characters. I personally know that with [] it works (as i have those in my name)!

Thank you for your nice feedback by the way!

That keeps me rolling!

HH

Hey Comrades!

XMDM, The nuke may only be called with the presidents permission, so i didnt publish the command (joke, i just missed it sorry):

[_pos] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf", execute it on any locality (local on client or server). It is not designed for multiple use (yet), since the radiation effects and rad zome wont work correctly then - so only call it once in a session!

Enjoy, and dont look into the flash when it goes BOOOOM

HH

---------- Post added at 09:19

Originally Posted by Calazur

Hello,

Thanks again

Calabresi

Previous post was at 09:11 ----------

Hey Mate,

Yeah special chars, esp ' and " and = can cause errors, because they could interrupt the datastructure. We are constantly trying to improve it with replacing those chars, but it is not always possible - so best would be to avoid those characters. I personally know that with [] it works (as i have those in my name)!

Thank you for your nice feedback by the way!

That keeps me rolling!

HH

Hey HH,

thanks for the reply, and we found that in "initplayers" in line around 160 that as you told the = will interrupt as if there were another "tfield" being inserted again, but only the first caracter from "-=" get inserted, so everybody with the tag are registered with only "-".

We could not treat that also. We removed our tag, at least who want their char running properly in game removed that. If we find something to solve I will let you know.

Thanks again,

Calabresi

Edited by Calazur
quoting

thanks highhead...making a suitcase dirty bomb that travels with a group of terrorists. that bomb will only need to blow up once...lol. thanks for your help.

---------- Post added at 12:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 ----------

do you recommend using a marker or a gamelogic as the pos to blow the nuke?

---------- Post added at 12:36 ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 ----------

I tried what you recommended highhead...i cant get the bomb to blow. made a trigger with... nul = [[0,0,0]] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf"; nothing happened...tried it with an object... nul = [nuke] execvm "scripts\nuke\nuke.sqf"; nothing happened...any ideas?

Hi!

I merged one a takistanAceMSO misson to aliabad map. All works besides some task showing up too far off, but that is not the problem.

What is happening is that PDB spawn me on my last position and the base far way using takistanAceMSO last PDB position that i played and viseversa! So i think PDB is confusing both mission as one! How do i fix that?

Hi!

I merged one a takistanAceMSO misson to aliabad map. All works besides some task showing up too far off, but that is not the problem.

What is happening is that PDB spawn me on my last position and the base far way using takistanAceMSO last PDB position that i played and viseversa! So i think PDB is confusing both mission as one! How do i fix that?

Hi Grillob,

Did you change the mission name? As this is what is referenced on start up and grabs the id (id) from the database and references everything that has that number as the mid number (mission id) in the relevant tables.

Gunny