Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Sounds really hard to do, think I'll just play as BLUFOR and hope someone else figures it out. :cool:

Sounds really hard to do, think I'll just play as BLUFOR and hope someone else figures it out. :cool:

Its not really hard to change from BLUFOR to OPFOR, all you do to change is do stuff in editor and than abit in .sqf/sqm files, and if you want to change your enemy aka Independent for example as I edited my one on lingor I can change though independent factions just in params.

and than a bit in .sqf/sqm files

Could you elaborate? I'm trying to create an MSO for OPFOR(Russia) vs GUE+INS. I've changed the factions in rmm_patrolops and the mso_factions init.sqf. Is there anything else I need to change? :)

In the editor, but make sure everything that is in the description from blufor that ur changing is as well in the Russian units ((they have to be marked as playable as well))

Now little problem I have for example to use logistic or CAS you need radio aka "ItemRadio" now since you run the mission with ACRE it will replace it with 343... so how am I suppose to get radio using ACE and ACRE o.O

Now little problem I have for example to use logistic or CAS you need radio aka "ItemRadio" now since you run the mission with ACRE it will replace it with 343... so how am I suppose to get radio using ACE and ACRE o.O

Mmm...not sure about ACRE but, I take a PRC radio from a ruck box and CAS works with ACE.

Mmm...not sure about ACRE but, I take a PRC radio from a ruck box and CAS works with ACE.

Ah will try to see if that will work than because I've read that once 343 used to work as a vanilla itemradio but surely not anymore

Yeah, I tried fiddling with that before the problem is with this code checking for radio...or at least that's what I think...:confused:

mso_fnc_hasRadio = {
   if (isClass(configFile>>"CfgPatches">>"ace_main")) then {
       if (player call ACE_fnc_hasRadio) then {true;} else {hint "You require a radio.";false;};
   } else {
       // Thanks Sickboy
       private ["_hasRadio"];
       _hasRadio = false; 
       {
               if (getText(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "simulation") == "ItemRadio") exitWith { _hasRadio = true };
       } forEach (weapons player);
       if(_hasRadio) then {true} else {hint "You require a radio.";false;};
   };
};

No mindo, seems like the big radios make it work, and its a bit normal when you think of it :P

Thanks.

Some people on my server are complaining that this mission is boring to play, how can I increase the enemy presence? I tested it out earlier and there really is no patrols or anything besides the random IED how can I make the mission feel more like a warzone?

Some people on my server are complaining that this mission is boring to play, how can I increase the enemy presence? I tested it out earlier and there really is no patrols or anything besides the random IED how can I make the mission feel more like a warzone?

Everything is in Params you will find everything there to make it more harder or interesting to play.

Which mission? Custom one? I can say f.e. Stock Takistan could be calculated by these average values:

(50 enpop groups x 10 units) + (20 camps x 10 units) + (10 roadblocks x 10 units) + (150 CQB spawns x 5 units) = 1550 enemy AI (without suiciders, IEDs etc.) shouldnt be too less...

regards

HH

Which mission? Custom one? I can say f.e. Stock Takistan could be calculated by these average values:

(50 enpop groups x 10 units) + (20 camps x 10 units) + (10 roadblocks x 10 units) + (150 CQB spawns x 5 units) = 1550 enemy AI (without suiciders, IEDs etc.) shouldnt be too less...

regards

HH

Thanks, I'm going to give the stock Takistan map a try on my server I was hosting the ace2 Esbekistan map.

Its not really hard to change from BLUFOR to OPFOR, all you do to change is do stuff in editor and than abit in .sqf/sqm files, and if you want to change your enemy aka Independent for example as I edited my one on lingor I can change though independent factions just in params.

I am afraid you are over simplifying it. Many of the scripts use bis_fnc_spawngroup with a setting of side EAST, so when they spawn they will be (under your scenario) unfriendly to Guerilla factions. This is what is happening with your CQB spawns.

It is much easier to edit the mission so that the faction you are playing is Blufor, in my opinion. You can do this by generating the mission.sqm in the editor and then changing the Side to West for your faction's units.

Edited by jiltedjock

YO COMRADES!

A late XMAS / early new years present!

UPDATED RELEASE-POST!

!! IMPROVEMENT UPDATE 4.55 !!

- VARIOUS BUGFIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

- REDUCES RED CHAIN/DESYNC

- PERF IMPROVEMENTS ON LONG TERM SESSIONS

- MINIMIZES SCRIPT LAG

- BETTER ENEMY CREATION & DISPERSION

- COMPATIBILITY WITH GBL AIM (Adv. Interaction Module)

- MANUAL PERSIST (PDB)

- GPS GUIDED LOGISTICS-DROP

... and much more.

- Also fixes the static side "east" in CQB, and furthermore made some changes to have it work with playing as side east (set independent friendly to BLUFOR)!

- There is a new param, that allows you to choose active enemy locations which will give you more and better dispersed enemy locations, esp. on big maps!

- No changes in PDB setup

ENJOY!

PS: REALLY recommended you use the update as it has many improvements

Edited by highhead

Thank you very much for the update!

But I have a question, what do I have to update to not delete my mission aka mission.sqm, modules that I enabled/disabled, changed stuff in CAS, CASEVAC and logistic etc so I do not need to re-do everything?

Thank you very much for the update!

But I have a question, what do I have to update to not delete my mission aka mission.sqm, modules that I enabled/disabled, changed stuff in CAS, CASEVAC and logistic etc so I do not need to re-do everything?

In whole /support/ folder only TUP_logistics folder has changed since 4.5 (due to the GPS paradrop, if you dont need it then just skip updating support folder) and there are no changes in mission.sqm needed. Also no changes in modules.hpp! There were quite a few changes in all the other folders (enemy, ambience, core) and init files, which you should replace.

If you have a dev heaven account you can easily view our dev branch and see the files that have changed (login and click on our Repo -> develop branch)!

hope i could help

HH

Edited by highhead

YO COMRADES!

A late XMAS / early new years present!

UPDATED RELEASE-POST!

!! IMPROVEMENT UPDATE 4.55 !!

- VARIOUS BUGFIXES AND PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENTS

- REDUCES RED CHAIN/DESYNC

- PERF IMPROVEMENTS ON LONG TERM SESSIONS

- MINIMIZES SCRIPT LAG

- BETTER ENEMY CREATION & DISPERSION

- COMPATIBILITY WITH GBL AIM (Adv. Interaction Module)

- MANUAL PERSIST (PDB)

- GPS GUIDED LOGISTICS-DROP

... and much more.

- Also fixes the static side "east" in CQB, and furthermore made some changes to have it work with playing as side east (set independent friendly to BLUFOR)!

- There is a new param, that allows you to choose active enemy locations which will give you more and better dispersed enemy locations, esp. on big maps!

- No changes in PDB setup

ENJOY!

PS: REALLY recommended you use the update as it has many improvements

Very nice, will test it out later! :yay:

Hey guys,

Integrating latest MSO into my mashup and have noticed something strange (that also occurs with 4.4 and above). If ambient air is allowed (and it works great BTW) but it gets shot down in mid air, it deletes without ever crashing ! It does look very odd indeed to see missiles slam into a chopper for instance and it poof! I think it perhaps needs a little sleep prior to deleting the vehicle?

Hey Krem!

We are pretty heavy when it comes to cleanup :)

As i won't deploy an extra update for that change, you can easily edit this file and spawn a sleep around the cleanup-part (line 356):

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/repository/revisions/develop/entry/BASE_MISSION/ambience/modules/tup_airtraffic/main.sqf

enjoy, and merry xmas afterwards!

HH

Highhead,

I have noticed in my custom MSO's that I no longer get any Ambient Airplanes but do get Helo's? Now they use to work fine but for some reason have stopped, i am using standard maps with hangers and meet the script requirements. What do think would cause it to stop so i know where to look?

Thanks

Vengeance

Highhead,

I have noticed in my custom MSO's that I no longer get any Ambient Airplanes but do get Helo's? Now they use to work fine but for some reason have stopped, i am using standard maps with hangers and meet the script requirements. What do think would cause it to stop so i know where to look?

Thanks

Vengeance

Ambient Planes need to have a active airport nearby. If you teleport near an airport and a nearby town goes active (indicates it best) you will have airplanes too (try at rasman airfield, takistan f.e.).

Just had loads of landing / starting SU and an epic failed CASEVAC thx to them while playing in this area.