Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

I assume the module version (in ACE) would work as well? Do you just create a huge DAC zone and some editor-defined waypoints on roads to get them to do 'convoys'?

Most of the functionality is built into DAC. I simply create trigger that makes the DAC spawnable camp and units.

fun=[""z1"",[1,0,0],[],[3,4,8,2],[],[1,2,100,0,100,999],[1,1,1,1]] spawn DAC_Zone;

Than you simply create a trigger at every location you would want auto generated waypoints to be created.

fun=[""z2"",[1,0,0],[ ],[4],[ ],[ ],[1,1,1,0]] spawn DAC_Zone;

DAC will then chain all those zones linked together for potential waypoints for the created units at the camp.

Please refer to the DAC user manual to understand these numbers.

Yo mates,

Just wanted to say that fi sure clearing an area is possible! If you killed all enemies of a camp for example, they wont respawn again. But if you attack a camp and then leave some enemies over and come back later, chances are high that they called their bigger brothers to reeinforce. Same with CQB module :-)

Does setting custom locations not work anymore? I sorta prefer the "smaller" maps for MSO like tup_qom,clafghan, etc. and am trying to create an MSO for Namalsk using the code below in fn_initlocations.sqf, but it doesn't seem to create any locations and I keep getting "MISSION ABORTED" does anyone know whats wrong?

case "namalsk": {
		[] call mso_core_fnc_createLocations;
		{createLocation ["Airport",_x,1,1]} foreach [
		   [5332.9,5752.93,0]
           {createLocation ["BorderCrossing",_x,1,1]} foreach [
		   [4332.9,4752.93,0],
		   [7877.63,7619.13,0],
		   [9068.61,10127.9,0],
		   [4444.91,11287.5,0]
		   ];
           {createLocation ["StrongpointArea",_x,1,1]} foreach [
		   [3332.9,3752.93,0]
		];
           {createLocation ["FlatArea",_x,1,1]} foreach [
		   [6332.9,6752.93,0]
		];
           {createLocation ["RockArea",_x,1,1]} foreach [
		   [8332.9,8752.93,0]
		];
           {createLocation ["VegetationBroadleaf",_x,1,1]} foreach [
		   [3432.9,3452.93,0]
		];
               {_twn = (group bis_functions_mainscope) createUnit ["LOGIC", (_x select 0), [], 0, "NONE"]; _twn setVariable ["name", (_x select 1)];[[_twn]] call BIS_fnc_locations;} foreach [
                       [[7055, 11295, 0], "Vorkuta"],
                       [[4019, 7573, 0], "Norinsk"],
                       [[4344, 4736, 0], "Brensk"],
					[[7760, 7572, 0], "Tara harbor"]
               ];
               [] call _initNeighbors;
       };

Yo mates,

Just wanted to say that fi sure clearing an area is possible! If you killed all enemies of a camp for example, they wont respawn again. But if you attack a camp and then leave some enemies over and come back later, chances are high that they called their bigger brothers to reeinforce. Same with CQB module :-)

Hi Highhead - if you clear all the CQB generated opponents in a town, and the town switches to Blufor controlled, but then leave the town and later Opfor pass through it (and then the town is marked red again), will CQB re-spawn in the town ?

JJ

yo jilt, no they wont because the buildings have been cleared! As the patrol moves out of the area it will also turn blue again after some time!

For some reason the loading screen isn't saying "Initializing Custom Locations (Namalsk)" it usually does like for Qom Province and Isla Duala? Is there something I was supposed to change other than fn_initlocations.sqf?

EDIT:NVM, no idea what I did but its working again..... :yay:

Edited by FelixK44

Is there a need for recruitable BLUFOR units that guard certain areas? Got some feature request for that.

Please give me feedback!

Thx

HH

Is there a need for recruitable BLUFOR units that guard certain areas? Got some feature request for that.

Please give me feedback!

Thx

HH

+1 for me.

There are times i want to create a "checkpoint somewhere" or a "new FOB" and while i want the AI to "man the positions" i don't want to have them under my command anymore.

*added by author

I noticed there is a splendid ACRE_Sync_tool on Player's interaction menu.(ACE version)

Is there any chance guys to release this script as standalone?

Problems can happen with the awesome ACRE..and this script can help mission makers on having

an "extra tool" to avoid frustration and spoiling fun :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Please give me feedback!

Thx

HH

I think this might have been my feature request. What I was thinking was that it would be useful if you could recruit and command AI groups, with a view to using them in a FOB role or garrisoning a captured town. I do this to some extent in my single player MSO - I start the mission with spare Blufor groups and I use Domz's High Command extensions to command them when I need them. I appreciate it might be more difficult to utilise High Command in a multiplayer environment.

JJ

I appreciate it might be more difficult to utilise High Command in a multiplayer environment.

JJ

Hmm..

The previous MSO version already had a selectable parameters/option to select enemy strategy controlled by High Command.

I guess there must been problems encountered with HC to remove it in this version.. :j:

Please give me feedback!

Thx

HH

+1

You have my vote.

Please give me feedback!

Thx

HH

+1 here

What it also does is allow for low player population on the server ie: just one or two guys playing they recruit some AI and do a small OP or use them to defend a base. What would be ESSENTIAL though is the ability to remove them from your group if so desired.

Also a feature to join an AI unit to your existing group perhaps?

Hi, my group has just set-up this mso and is working perfectly

We have one question:

when towing, loading construction material, we had problems with the wire and camo nets, we weren´t able to find the sweet spot for the action menu to appear, or we don´t even know if it´s working due to the fact that the other things (bukers, dragon teeth... just works great)

is there a specific spot to move them? if so, can anyone show it in an image or an explanation?

thank you for such a GREAT work

I should add that the big benefit of using Domz's HC extensions in this scenario is that you can create very complex waypoints for AI groups. So allows setting up AI patrols with cycled waypoints etc

I think in my original feature request I'd suggested that AI group recruitment could be tied to a resource points pool, and that the size of pool would be defined by the number of cleared towns. This would simulate Battalion's desire to make more resource available in areas where Blufor have been succeeding, and provides players with an incentive to clear areas.

Thoughts?

Edited by jiltedjock

Please give me feedback!

Thx

HH

Highhead,

I have been doing this by using DAC, I add zones with a camp at base and then use the "Change Zone Location" features of DAC to shift the zone to my location and hold a location or use for backup. As i move through clearing city to city i continue to move the Alpha Squad, Bravo Spuad, etc. DAC zones to various locations. Camp is used to replace soldiers/vehicles as needed. Extra load on server but works fairly well.

Vengeance

Hi guys!

Thanks for the feedback!

Georgy, I cant remember the High Command module in MSO, i know we tryed to implement HETMAN but thats for enemies and my Lingor mission had Hicommand module placed in editor. But was not for all missions.

Jilt, yes that seems like a good way to go - need to think a bit more about that.

Veng, yeah im a bit afraid of the performance impact that will have, as i just optimized MSO furthermore esp. in regards of red chain / script lag. If the stars align i could provide an updated version before xmas!

My (simple) idea would be that you can request a certain amount of AI via radio to protect a certain area. After some time either a heli flys in or a truck drives to the area in order to deploy the AI-group which then guards/patrols the area. If the heli is shot down, or the truck is destroyed all of your AI are also gone, so you would need to ensure it reaches its destination. Simple, not too fancy and should not have too much impact on performance as AI is

limited to some amount like 50 BLUFOR AI overall.

Would that be too less?

Hi guys!

My (simple) idea would be that you can request a certain amount of AI via radio to protect a certain area. After some time either a heli flys in or a truck drives to the area in order to deploy the AI-group which then guards/patrols the area. If the heli is shot down, or the truck is destroyed all of your AI are also gone, so you would need to ensure it reaches its destination. Simple, not too fancy and should not have too much impact on performance as AI is limited to some amount like 50 BLUFOR AI overall. Would that be too less?

I actually like this idea better than recruiting AI into your group (personally I don't like controlling group AI it drives me nuts) although perhaps both options are possible? So you can add a few guys to pad out your group and go clear that town, or you can request a squad once you've cleared that town to defend it without you having to micro-manage. Maybe two group AI options like Defend or Patrol?

I actually like this idea better than recruiting AI into your group (personally I don't like controlling group AI it drives me nuts) although perhaps both options are possible? So you can add a few guys to pad out your group and go clear that town, or you can request a squad once you've cleared that town to defend it without you having to micro-manage. Maybe two group AI options like Defend or Patrol?

You can already recruit AI to your group in MSO, via the recruitment module in the base. I think most of us are talking about "recruiting" [creating] AI groups which you then command via High Command.

You can already recruit AI to your group in MSO, via the recruitment module in the base.

Ah OK why did I not know this?? :p

I'll show myself out....

First Id like to say I LOVE MSO!!! Imt rying to extract the esbekistan 2.5 pbo and Ive used 3 different extractors, but everytime I do it never works properly. It seems to work for every mission file except this one for some reason. Eliteness for instance gives me a "cannot write" error. Im trying to add the AIM script, change the regular insurgents/geurillas into FFAA Terrorists, and perhaps change the blufor skins to include one squad of Special Forces. I love esbekistan and really want to be able to make these changes to 4.5

Hi there, I am making a version of 4.5 with the RHS russian units and ACE. The only faction option I have to fight against is the Guerilla faction on independent.

In my testing of this I have found that in the majority enemy guerillas are spawned and they capture the zones and make them green as you would expect. However some of the Guerillas seem to be allies!? They are fighting each other as much as fighting me. I get plenty of 'blue on blue' AI Unit- AI Unit CEASE FIRE! messages also as my side shoots them all but some of them are considered friendly!

I am a little bit confused as to how this could manifest itself as they are definately on the independent side (I checked with the debug console).

Edit: I have narrowed it down a bit, the culprit is ZU-23s. They are being spawned with the guerillas but are east units. This is creating havoc! :P

http://imgur.com/qwcNV

The problem I have is the enemy pop scripts are way over my head? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by Jinef

First Id like to say I LOVE MSO!!! Imt rying to extract the esbekistan 2.5 pbo and Ive used 3 different extractors, but everytime I do it never works properly. It seems to work for every mission file except this one for some reason. Eliteness for instance gives me a "cannot write" error. Im trying to add the AIM script, change the regular insurgents/geurillas into FFAA Terrorists, and perhaps change the blufor skins to include one squad of Special Forces. I love esbekistan and really want to be able to make these changes to 4.5

First, thanks for your feedback!

I will just depbo it for you, zip it and send it via PM. Can do by tomorrow as im not at the PC today!

Enjoy!

---------- Post added at 09:28 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

Hi Jinef,

Playing as russian against guerilla is something we didnt try yet, so this could be interesting.You could try to turn off AA in params completely and set guerilla enemy to east in editor! Would be cool if you could provide feedback how it turns out!

Thanks

HH

Hi there, I am making a version of 4.5 with the RHS russian units and ACE. The only faction option I have to fight against is the Guerilla faction on independent.

In my testing of this I have found that in the majority enemy guerillas are spawned and they capture the zones and make them green as you would expect. However some of the Guerillas seem to be allies!? They are fighting each other as much as fighting me. I get plenty of 'blue on blue' AI Unit- AI Unit CEASE FIRE! messages also as my side shoots them all but some of them are considered friendly!

I am a little bit confused as to how this could manifest itself as they are definately on the independent side (I checked with the debug console).

Edit: I have narrowed it down a bit, the culprit is ZU-23s. They are being spawned with the guerillas but are east units. This is creating havoc! :P

http://imgur.com/qwcNV

The problem I have is the enemy pop scripts are way over my head? Any ideas on how to fix this?

if you are not going to spawn any new friendly units during the mission then you can make the russians blufor:

Edit your mission.sqm manually to make the Russian player units and any supporting AI side West

Make independents friendly to Opfor.

you can then use Guerillas and Insurgents as Opfor