Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

How can I disable the ace_fnc_radio requirement when using ace and just let players only need ItemRadio?

Hey Felix,

mso_fnc_hasRadio uses the regular ACE_fnc_hasRadio function, but you could easily adapt it for your needs in init-mods.sqf.

enjoy

HH

Hi guys, like Raskil I am also getting the integer errors, however I have been running on a ds and I have cleared and reimported my schema so many times Im numb. I put the mysqlplugin in every folder in both my appdata and arma directory and @arma2net and @arma2net/addins folder like suggested on the PDB installation instructs. I am running minimal mods on clafghan 4.55 as well as the microsoft net package 4.0 version like suggested. I'll join skype or whatever asap as I've been working on this for about a week.

Arma2NetConnection - http://pastebin.com/13Hu8nmc

Arma2Net Log - http://pastebin.com/hbZvickP

Arma2NetMySQL log - http://pastebin.com/3ja3JDD1

Arma 2 OA RPT - http://pastebin.com/9bvXH5LC

Hi Wildfire!

You are happily welcome to join our mso channel in skype. Just PM me - highhead (austria), and i will add you!

Im quite sure we will get it running!

Laters!

EDIT: please use the arma2net folder from our wiki (2.2.0.0).

Seems like as you are using v2.3.0.0 which i not compatible with our code.

Furthermore out of interest, is your server already using IPv6?

Edited by highhead

Attempted with the wiki version 2.2, still receiving same errors. Tried running a batch using the latest beta and that also did not work. Not using IPv6 yet. Soon as they come up with a "for dummies" guide I might jump into it.

!! IMPROVEMENT UPDATE 4.55 !!

- COMPATIBILITY WITH GBL AIM (Adv. Interaction Module)

This is going to sound incredibly stupid, but was wondering about this one. Does it automatically enable it if the server/client are running GBL AIM, or do we need to manually edit to include to modules and that compatability means that it won't screw up playability if you manually add AIM in if you so choose to do?

Actually this is a very good question, that i can answer!

I implemented AIM initialization so that you only need to have the addon loaded. No need to fiddle with the mission itself!

Just run MSO with AIM in your addons!

Enjoy

Was on VOLCBAT's MSO server tonight with the famous headless client using the latest MSO 4.55... awesome performance, very very stable and way way better than 4.5 and previous. This has really turned the corner now, with the database, FOB building, logistics, AI enemy offloaded to another core, persistence across the board, really very good. The enemy are almost too good now. Can't believe how much MSO has changed in the last few months (for the better!)

Highhead also helped me get my Server up and running HC and it is Awesome! With DAC running reinforcements, planes and Helo's flying around with civilians in towns and Server running at 43FPS! What a change!

Thanks!

A very happy 2013 to all MSO team.

Always thanks for your work.

Probably a little premature, but are there plans to bring this over to ArmA3 when the time comes?

Yes, it's already well into the planning stage. It'll be a complete rewrite from the ground up based on lessons learnt to date.

Hello, I absolutely love this game mode. I can tell a great deal of work has gone into making this. Excellent job by the way :)

I do have one question, and complaint. Usually only a few of my buddies actually play. We loved the insurgency game mode, but we found it boring after a while and felt to much like Rambo. We love how with MSO their is a degree of tactfulness to the game, but being in squads of 4 - 5 men, it seems we get reamed by the AI being able to hit a fly from 500 meters.

So on to my question. Can we possibly dumb down the AI and their accuracy? We are able to get their numbers to match ours, but they just seem more like Navy seals opposed to Insurgents when shooting.

Thanks, Dkoke

Hey everyone!

Thank you for your Feedback! Really glad you enjoy MSO!

If you need help during setting up PDB just inform me, we have a nice team that can help you in these regards!

Re: AI accuracy, the "precisionenemy" setting in serverprofile was not working in 1.60 patch.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27417

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/27851

Seems at it was fixed, i havent seen any useful AI precision slider in options though. Maybe its coming along with official patch!

Enjoy

First, thank you for this mission. It is simply great! I have a few questions/problems however.

I have set up a dedi server and the PDB with no problems. I use this as the target line:

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" -mod=@Arma2NET;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_USNAVY;@ACEX_RU;@esbekistan;@mb_objects;@opx_objects;@razmisc -config=server.cfg

-I select a mission (stock MSO mission) and select the parameters for the mission.

-I wait until initialization is completed before entering a mission (on map screen).

-PDB loads up fine. (everything saves etc)

-My problems are that some of the params I set don't seem to take. ie I have enemy no AA on, but I have seen enemies with AA launchers and I have seen and participated in them shooting helicopters.

-Animals are disabled but I see dogs.

-When I get hurt or AI, I can perform the ACE healing, but AI don't seem to get fixed up enough to ever walk again. The MASH tents don't allow for healing (no menu options), can't get my AI to heal there either... (not sure if the healing at a MASH is disabled with ACE).

I'm wondering what I may have done wrong, or what I need to do to make the params work right.

edit: Also, is there a way to launch my dedi through six updater? if so could someone post a "for dummies" set by set? thank you.

Edited by Riserburn504

Hi Riser!

First: Im happy you got PDB running, that proves our instructions are correct!

Second: You did nothing wrong :)

-AA: The param in mission is for additional AA camps that makes it even more tricky. To have no AA Infantry spawned is not as easy as it would look like, since it would break the dynamically creation of enemies (we would have to use static configs for AI, what is against the dynamic nature of MSO). So if a faction you selected has AA infantry they will also spawn!

- CRB_Dogs are a seperate module and not directly related to "Animals". You can switch it off by commenting out the lines in ambience\modules\modules.hpp (//#define crb_dogs)

- You can change the ACE_SYS_Wounds Parameter in init-mods.sqf

Not tryed running it thru six, but i guess its possible! So maybe someone else can help here!

Enjoy Mate!

HH

Would like to say "Thank You" for this great Framework. We (my buddies and I) really enjoy it. I always wanted a dynamic mission set like this and am very happy that someone skilled got to it.

Thank you

frequence

Would like to say "Thank You" for this great Framework. We (my buddies and I) really enjoy it. I always wanted a dynamic mission set like this and am very happy that someone skilled got to it.

Thank you

frequence

Ditto!

Thanks guys - its great to get positive feedback from anyone about MSO and really helps to keep us pushing the boundaries for the project.

Thanks for the response! Questions are answered! And again, great work by the MSO team.

Hi Riser!

First: Im happy you got PDB running, that proves our instructions are correct!

Second: You did nothing wrong :)

-AA: The param in mission is for additional AA camps that makes it even more tricky. To have no AA Infantry spawned is not as easy as it would look like, since it would break the dynamically creation of enemies (we would have to use static configs for AI, what is against the dynamic nature of MSO). So if a faction you selected has AA infantry they will also spawn!

- CRB_Dogs are a seperate module and not directly related to "Animals". You can switch it off by commenting out the lines in ambience\modules\modules.hpp (//#define crb_dogs)

- You can change the ACE_SYS_Wounds Parameter in init-mods.sqf

Not tryed running it thru six, but i guess its possible! So maybe someone else can help here!

Enjoy Mate!

HH

Just started to play MOS and I gotta say it rocks! I love the flow of it, interaction with the AI, and all the other great stuff in it. Thanks for all the effort put behind it and please keep doing what you do.

Thanks a bunch

Highhead also helped me get my Server up and running HC and it is Awesome! With DAC running reinforcements, planes and Helo's flying around with civilians in towns and Server running at 43FPS! What a change!

Thanks!

Sounds great, At the risk of sounding like a broken record, any single players out there with a quad core PC can get exactly the same experience running MSO on a dedicated server on the same PC. I don't play Arma any other way now, the client rarely dips below 45 FPS, the server rarely below 50. Crucially, there is none of the FPS swing that you get in single player when the all the AI is running locally. And of course there is little out there that gives the dynamic gameplay experience of MSO.

Really nice missions! that was what i was looking for! Big thanks

How to get rid of "persist cursor" on the middle of the screen and what is that for?

Edited by Grillob3

Really nice missions! that was what i was looking for! Big thanks

How to get rid of "persist cursor" on the middle of the screen and what is that for?

Hi Grillob,

When you say middle, is it just there permanently? as it should be a scroll wheel action.

The Persist Cursor is only available to admins, and is a tool to be able to save any Vehicles, Weapons etc that you obtain throughout the MSO Campaign that are not part of the original mission. For example we in VCB cleared an enemy camp and used the fortifications, sand bags etc to create a FOB in the local area. We persisted these items so that the locations are saved in the database, and are therefore still in place upon server restart.

Gunny

Sounds great, At the risk of sounding like a broken record, any single players out there with a quad core PC can get exactly the same experience running MSO on a dedicated server on the same PC. I don't play Arma any other way now, the client rarely dips below 45 FPS, the server rarely below 50. Crucially, there is none of the FPS swing that you get in single player when the all the AI is running locally. And of course there is little out there that gives the dynamic gameplay experience of MSO.

At the risk od sounding dumb, how does this work?

I've run arma2oaserver.exe and it displays a small window that displays the following message.

12:59:29 Dedicated host created.

12:59:30 BattlEye server updated to version: 164

12:59:30 BattlEye Server: Initialized (v1.164)

12:59:30 Host identity created.

How do I now tell the server which mission it should run?

-----

OK I now seem to worked it out - you then need to run your client OA (arma2oa.exe) and the goto to MP and connect to the server locally (via LAN) and only then can you select your mission.

Does local server offer smoother gameplay on all SP missions? Or just MSO?

Edited by domokun