Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Seems the backpack radio tries to fill itself with your backpack gear, but it doesnt have enough volume for it so it keeps creating more 119's until it can contain your gear. So you cant have any backpacks when you grab the radio.

Edited by 7th_Serf

Well after my attempt of "creating a MSO differently" I managed to do it, seems to work, I've done that you play as OpFor ((North Koreans)) against Insurgents on Lingor, but what bothers me is that when they shot at u, you get radio message like "your shooting at friendlies" etc but they kill u without a problem...

Either way, is there a way to disable logistics, CAS etc when you hit interaction menu if you use ACE?

That sounds cool! How did you add the North Koreans?

Using Someguywho North Korean mod :) and if you mean how I managed to get them into Mission, I Used the arma 2 editor :D way way easier than editing in notepad++ and totally the same effect :P

Respawning works fine, all scripts work the same as well.

Edited by Sakowski

Oh nice! How did you get them to work spawn properly? I tried adding some custom units in the arma editor without any sucess so far :( (might be because they appear under units but not under the F2 groups?)

Sakowski :

Comment out the systems you dont want in support/modules.hpp.

Well after my attempt of "creating a MSO differently" I managed to do it, seems to work, I've done that you play as OpFor ((North Koreans)) against Insurgents on Lingor, but what bothers me is that when they shot at u, you get radio message like "your shooting at friendlies" etc but they kill u without a problem...

Either way, is there a way to disable logistics, CAS etc when you hit interaction menu if you use ACE?

I'm trying to do the same thing but the way I disabled the CAS stuff is search for "menu" in the mso directory and open the files with notepad++ find the one that says _menu = Close Air Support then just add a //_menu in front of it. If you go into rmm_patrolops/mps/mps_server theres a file that defines the factions. I don't have access to the MSO files right now but I've replaced the factions before and played OPFOR with no problems.

SIDE A= west "BIS_US"; //player faction/blufor

SIDE B= east "PO2Faction"; //opfor

SIDE C= east "PO2Faction"; //insurgent

Also if you go into the configs part of MPS you can add different unit and vehicle configs if you want it spawning a faction from a mod just add the #include configfile in the MPS configunits and configvehicle.

Also if you go into the configs part of MPS you can add different unit and vehicle configs if you want it spawning a faction from a mod just add the #include configfile in the MPS configunits and configvehicle.

Yea I got to known that part but thanks :D

Yea I got to known that part but thanks :D

support\modules\rmm_cas\fn_menuDef.sqf

// #define DEBUG_MODE_FULL
#include "\ca\editor\Data\Scripts\dikCodes.h"

private ["_menuDef", "_target", "_params", "_menuName", "_menuRsc", "_menus"];
// _this==[_target, _menuNameOrParams]
_target = _this select 0;
_params = _this select 1;

_menuName = "";
_menuRsc = "popup";

if (typeName _params == typeName []) then {
if (count _params < 1) exitWith {diag_log format["Error: Invalid params: %1, %2", _this, __FILE__];};
_menuName = _params select 0;
_menuRsc = if (count _params > 1) then {_params select 1} else {_menuRsc};
} else {
_menuName = _params;
};
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

//_menus = [
[
	["main", mso_menuname, _menuRsc],
	[
		["Close Air Support",
			{ if(call mso_fnc_hasRadio && ((getPlayerUID player) in MSO_R_Leader)) then { createDialog "RMM_ui_cas" } }
		]
	]
]
];
//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_menuDef = [];
{
if (_x select 0 select 0 == _menuName) exitWith {_menuDef = _x};
} forEach _menus;

if (count _menuDef == 0) then {
hintC format ["Error: Menu not found: %1\n%2\n%3", str _menuName, if (_menuName == "") then {_this}else{""}, __FILE__];
diag_log format ["Error: Menu not found: %1, %2, %3", str _menuName, _this, __FILE__];
};

_menuDef // return value

Should be able to disable logistics, etc. the same way :)

Well even so when playing with ACE and ACRE no need to disable it I guess since your "ItemRadio" is replaced with 343 radio from ACRE :P

Tho I really want to know how to fix the "Your firing on friendlies" when you fire at the insurgents or they fire at you.

Edited by Sakowski

Make sure INDFOR is set to not be friendly with OPFOR. By default, it's set so INDFOR and OPFOR will not attack one another. One could probably also add CDF to the enemies that will populate the map...

In the files for the CAS and logistics module, you can also redefine what vehicles are used... you don't have to disable them.

Edited by Fadi

Make sure INDFOR is set to not be friendly with OPFOR. By default, it's set so INDFOR and OPFOR will not attack one another.

In the files for the CAS and logistics module, you can also redefine what vehicles are used... you don't have to disable them.

Yea I have done that ages ago but still gives firing on friendlies, as I wrote in my last post, they attack u without a prob, they work like normal MSO AI.

I'm playing MSO 4.5 on my server and after like an hour everyone on my server will start freezing for like 5 seconds? It's really weird because there's no lag in between the freezes everyone can run the game smoothly and it seems everyone gets it at different times. :confused:

This is the only error I can find in my rpt file and it keeps repeating its self only posting a small part of it.

Error in expression < BIS_fnc_isPosBlacklisted)) then
{
if ((_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
 Error position: <_pos distance _testPos) >= _minDist) the>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _pos
File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 98
Error in expression <["_newX", "_newY", "_testPos"];
_newX = _posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
 Error position: <_posX + (_maxDist - (random (_maxDist * >
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _posx
File ca\modules\functions\misc\fn_findSafePos.sqf, line 90
{
{
{
{
{
{

and well just now seen that the ((Independent)) AI prefer to shot them self's beside me when i arrive somewhere, they will fire upon me if they are not in civil war lol...

Felix, try stock takistan 4.5 mission with vanilla + CBA (ACE optional, no other mods). See if you get the error there, i never got that myself. I personally suggest all of you run same mod setup and same patch.

Sakowski, i really dont know what you are trying to do - lol. You want to get OPFOR (east) vs. RESISTANCE (gue) running? And you want play as OPFOR?

Felix, try stock takistan 4.5 mission with vanilla + CBA (ACE optional, no other mods). See if you get the error there, i never got that myself. I personally suggest all of you run same mod setup and same patch.

-skipintro -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@GL4;@ACE;@ACEX;@RHSMod;@JSRS;@COSLX;@EOD;@EODmydog;@MAR;@RandomAddons;@TUP;@Esbekistan;@Everon;

This is my mod line could you tell me what mods you play MSO with? Also, I have a feeling it could be the mission is there a place I can download an "official" mission made by you or your team? :)

@RandomAddons include:

- Zeus AI

- sakusun,sakulightfx

- st_evasive, st_collision

- tpw ai, and tpw house lights

- MMA

- CYBP animation MP

- smkanimslite

- lots of random AI fixes

- fthud

- nielsen CIM

- WarFX

- truegameplay animation tweaks

- pxs satcom oa

Sakowski, i really dont know what you are trying to do - lol. You want to get OPFOR (east) vs. RESISTANCE (gue) running? And you want play as OPFOR?

Yap, Im playing as OPFOR and the enemies are Independent, they are set as to be friendly to BLUFOR, I do play as OPFOR its all running good, respawn, spawns etc but they kill their selfs and sometimes shot at me.

The problem in here is that Independent AI kill them selfs for no reason and when they see me they ignore me until they get rid of a squad that they were fighting...

Edited by Sakowski

Felix, i am sorry but as MSO is pretty complex we cannot provide support for all mods...

We gave our best to provide compatibility for ace, eod-mod (no eod-dogs) and cim (though i think cim could be a bit buggy).

Suggest you only use ace and a stock ace mission (from the downloadlink in the first post) if you run into problems.

Enjoy!

HH

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Yap, Im playing as OPFOR and the enemies are Independent, they are set as to be friendly to BLUFOR, I do play as OPFOR its all running good, respawn, spawns etc but they kill their selfs and sometimes shot at me.

Did you create a center for guerilla/ins? Essentially place a unit (not grouped to anything) of your indipendent enemy faction in editor, or change the centerunits we placed in our stock mission.sqms or use http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createCenter

Felix, i am sorry but as MSO is pretty complex we cannot provide support for all mods...

We gave our best to provide compatibility for ace, eod-mod (no eod-dogs) and cim (though i think cim could be a bit buggy).

Suggest you only use ace and a stock ace mission (from the downloadlink in the first post) if you run into problems.

Enjoy!

HH

---------- Post added at 14:41 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Did you create a center for guerilla/ins? Essentially place a unit (not grouped to anything) of your indipendent enemy faction in editor, or change the centerunits we placed in our stock mission.sqms or use http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/createCenter

The guerilla/ins were not changed what so ever, I only changed from Blufor to Opfor so the independent faction was untouched, even if I change the guerilla's to takistani insurgents its still the same... ((in params))

And no I did not place any units from Indept in the editor, they spawn by the system.

Edited by Sakowski

Enjoy!

HH

Thanks, I believe its an addon, as my game is now freezing for about 5seconds at the start of any mission even in the editor. :mad:

are they killing themselves only in towns/cities near buildings or also at countryside camps?

What happens if you turn off CQB module?

I think i have an idea....

If they are killing themselves only in towns/cities near buildings or also at countryside camps?

What happens if you turn off CQB module?

I think i have an idea....

That seemed to fix it, thank you! :'D

Mind if I ask what does the CQB module do? I guess its something about Close Quarter Combat?

As well how long does it take for a vehicle to get respawned without changing anything in the command line? ((editor or .sqm/sqf))

Ok, then i know what to change (i think), thx!

CQB spawns enemies in buildings unless you clear the area from opposing forces. Units spawn as side east, i need to tweak that

Resupplies are different, some 12h, some 24h some shorter (like atvs).

Enjoy!

So how exactly does MSO decide what the enemy faction side is? roy_patrolops has that whole SIDE A = west, "faction" SIDE B = east,"PO2_Faction" SIDE C = east, "PO2_Faction" is there a way to play OPFOR vs GUE & INS without disabling anything? :confused:

So how exactly does MSO decide what the enemy faction side is? roy_patrolops has that whole SIDE A = west, "faction" SIDE B = east,"PO2_Faction" SIDE C = east, "PO2_Faction" is there a way to play OPFOR vs GUE & INS without disabling anything? :confused:

MSO decides nothing :-) its the player that, chooses the factions he wanna play against in params on missionstart.

Patrol Ops module uses static configs for enemies, this is why you have to choose the po2 factions expicitly as we couldnt find an easy dynamic way .

And as i wrote before, playing as opfor is not tested, so you have to play around with it yourself. I think its possible but needs some adaptions!

Edited by highhead