Sign in to follow this  
highhead

Multi-Session Operations v4.5 released

Thanks for the quick reply, it will make our fails much less tedious. Cheers!

Grillob - MSO is what you make out of a populated map, heavy enemy activity, civilians, animals, food, water, interactions in a persistent world!

Add your own style of gameplay and do what you gotta do :-)

Now all we need is an AEG setup for Taviana and somebody to make us Electrical Generators that you can tow and that use gas to run...:)

Yes i know! i have been playing it and is one of the best things that is happening for arma 2! And thank you guys for that!I was just asking if you guys were planing in making it with a central server like dayz!

I am getting this "support\script\crb_script\crb_housepos.sqf not found" after playing reshmaan.

And the mission from PO2 "secure crash site" there is not crash! usully i can't complete those! i played 3 times this in different maps.

Edited by Grillob3

Did you rename the mission and not move all the MSO required files with the new name? init, mission, description??

Yes i renamed the mission on the folder and prefix file and moved all the files and folders. The mission plays nice but i get that messege after leaving yhe mission.

That's nothing to worry about - it's just the Reshmaan menu video trying to load a script that's not there when you exit the mission.

Ahhh...I thought you meant when entering the mission...just like friznit said...nothing to worry about happens to me too.

Hey guys,

After a quick skim through this forum (and several searches later) I came here to plead for your help.

For some reason my (MSO) server does not want to connect to the database i have setup, I keep getting that pesky "Client is loading persistent player data..." Screen, and im out of ideas.. :confused:

What i have done:

Followed the MSO wiki to the letter twice, Even installed all the programs it is suggesting. (about the PDB)

That didnt work for me, Then i found the kelly's heros link in the forum wich gave me a whole new insight on the persistent database, but.. No joy.

im slowly losing my mind here, i know its something stupid i did or may not have done.. but im out of ideas; Is there any chance i can get any of you guys to help me?

Btw; my original mod line looked as follows:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\arma2oaserver.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@asr_ai;@jayarma2lib;@jayarma2lib_new;baf;pmc;@acre;@EOD;@Arma2NET;BAF;PMC;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -cfg=2.cfg -config=1.cfg -port=2302

Please note that i have also tried running it as OAbeta server, and regular A2 with -server in the commandline,

suggestions? <3

Edited by DjDaemonNL

What are your server logs saying?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I cant really find a log file.. all there is is the consolelog.txt (wich is just an output from the console window.. not really helpfull) and

net.log

0.000: NetLogger: start - Sat Jan 19 14:16:44 2013
   0.000: Clk(3579545)
  25.284: ArmA2OA version: 1.62
  25.298: 14:17:09 Dedicated host created.
  25.354: Fac:start(1.1,2.2,'WinSock 2.0','Running',32767,65467)
  26.144: Par: 1.1,65535,1400,90,3,400000,2,32000,8000,2000000,400,0,6000000,1.040,1000.0,0.980,3000000,3000000,65536
  26.144: Par: 2.50,150000.0,400,15,0.1500,0.1000,0.0500,0.0200,2.20,30000.0,1.80,20000.0,1.40,10000.0,1.10,3000.0,1.40,1.20
  26.144: Par:  [0.900,20.0] [0.980,10.0] [1.000,0.0] [1.020,20.0] [1.100,40.0] [1.300,50.0]
  26.145: Fac:cp(2304,65507,65535,8192)
  26.145: Fac:cp(1,2,65467,'MSAFD Tcpip [uDP/IP]')
  26.269: Ch(0):open(74.91.123.185:2304 <-> 255.255.255.255:0)
  26.272: Pe(0):succ(74.91.123.185:2304)
  26.272: Pe(0):list(2304)
  26.289: Fac:cp(2302,65507,65535,8192)
  26.289: Fac:cp(1,2,65467,'MSAFD Tcpip [uDP/IP]')
  26.291: Ch(1):open(74.91.123.185:2302 <-> 255.255.255.255:0)
  26.292: Pe(1):succ(74.91.123.185:2302)
  26.292: Pe(1):srv

en pid.log.. but i highly doubt thats of any use :).. this is so confusing!

DjDaemonNL

It was for me too!

Did you copy the database.txt and MySql.data.dll provide on the persistentDB.7z to this folder C:\Users\DjDaemonNL\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL if you don't have create one! I have this Arma2MySQL and this Arma2NETMySQL with database.txt and MySql.data.dll files in it on appdata\local. I am not sure which is the right one! But is working! And have MySql.data.dll on your arma2oa folder.

I am a noob on this but that is how i got it working!lol

I am using TA2DST.exe to set up the server.

Edited by Grillob3

Hey grillob,

Yeah i did pit the database.txt to the %appdata%/local/arma2NETSQL (typing on my phone, might be a bit off!). - but i didnt put the mysql.data.dll there, i will try this tomorrow! (Got no computer access today)

Thaks for the tip! :)

EDIT: Sadly, This didnt work for me :(

Any other suggestions?

Edited by DjDaemonNL
didnt work

Yo mates!

If you are using beta, try to put the @Arma2NET folder from our dev-heaven wiki in the expansion/beta folder (where also the beta armaoaserver.exe is located) - furthermore the databases.txt should be located in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Arma2MySQL

HH

Hi DJ,

There will be log files in

%appdata%/local/Arma2NETMySQL\Logs

%appdata%/local/ArmA2 OA\ need the arma2oaserver.rpt

%appdata%/local/Arma2NE\ need the Arma2Net log

Put them up on pastebin.com and let us know when there.

Gunny

I am an idiot! :o

Found out i placed that database.txt file in /appdata/roaming/local.. that was why it didnt work Haha.

it took me a full re-install to figure this out, but atleast i got it running now!

Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it!!

No you aren't an idiot...you're getting MSO educated. Now you're a master. :)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Hmmm, the civs etc run on the clients as far as I am aware.

Yes you are correct however even so I find less issues with them off. Turning on civs results in 'micro-stutters' a few hours into the mission especially if we have > 10 players at once on the server.

The team's just putting the finishing touches on a fix [to a version that is no longer in dev, in theory :P ] that will push all AI including Civs onto the headless client. This should, in theory, ameliorate the short stutters that are caused by clientside AI spawns when you approach towns (i.e . they probably won't go away, but hopefully only the HC will get them so they'll be unnoticeable to players).

I do tend to find that even with everything running smoothly and no major errors in the rpt, MSO and various scripts tends to grind after about 12 hours up time (this is with 18 or so players on and off and a host of mods incl ACE, ACRE, Spt Radio etc). Restarting the mission solves it and everything starts to spawn smoothly again. Not sure if this is MSO related or just the RV engine, but I'm not in the habit of running any other mission for that long so there's nothing to compare it to!

First off, I'd like to say thank you for creating such a great tool.

I'm new to setting up a dedicated server running mso pdb. After some trial and error, and reading many helpful posts, I have it up and running.

However, I get the following error "SERVER MSG: Output is greater than 4096 bytes - NOT saving: [tobj=mso_log_6695,ttyp=ACE_WeaponBox" when pdb tries to save items in the server.

I've read a few posts about what causes this and was wondering if there was any sort of work around for it?

Thanks in advance,

Cainn.

So when drops from 60 fps to 59 and i get micro stuttering or drops to 10 is because Civs and animals? if i turn it off will go way? i was going to change the gpu driver when i saw "Turning on civs results in 'micro-stutters'".

And how do i heal ai?with ace? i only can carry them and they wont heal them self by the hospital!?

How to add an extraction/aerial taxi chopper? Does casevac has that?

Edited by Grillob3

First off, I'd like to say thank you for creating such a great tool.

I'm new to setting up a dedicated server running mso pdb. After some trial and error, and reading many helpful posts, I have it up and running.

However, I get the following error "SERVER MSG: Output is greater than 4096 bytes - NOT saving: [tobj=mso_log_6695,ttyp=ACE_WeaponBox" when pdb tries to save items in the server.

I've read a few posts about what causes this and was wondering if there was any sort of work around for it?

Thanks in advance,

Cainn.

Hi, ACE-Boxes have so much content that it breaks the format limit and therefore some of them wont be saved to PDB.

You can switch save object/vehicle content off and they will save. The contents will then be reset after a restart!

Enjoy

HH

Hi, ACE-Boxes have so much content that it breaks the format limit and therefore some of them wont be saved to PDB.

You can switch save object/vehicle content off and they will save. The contents will then be reset after a restart!

Enjoy

HH

If you have the ACE magic box in your mission that could be the issue... or another ammo crate script that pulls from the config when you have a bunch of weapon mods like RH packs.

So when drops from 60 fps to 59 and i get micro stuttering or drops to 10 is because Civs and animals? if i turn it off will go way? i was going to change the gpu driver when i saw "Turning on civs results in 'micro-stutters'".

And how do i heal ai?with ace? i only can carry them and they wont heal them self by the hospital!?

That would be the first thing I would try - disable Ambient Civilians

If they are not in your group I don't think you get an option to heal. I have seen wounded base AI crawl to the hospital and heal themselves however. You could also try @dapman_auto mod

The team's just putting the finishing touches on a fix [to a version that is no longer in dev, in theory :P ] that will push all AI including Civs onto the headless client. This should, in theory, ameliorate the short stutters that are caused by clientside AI spawns when you approach towns (i.e . they probably won't go away, but hopefully only the HC will get them so they'll be unnoticeable to players).

I do tend to find that even with everything running smoothly and no major errors in the rpt, MSO and various scripts tends to grind after about 12 hours up time (this is with 18 or so players on and off and a host of mods incl ACE, ACRE, Spt Radio etc). Restarting the mission solves it and everything starts to spawn smoothly again. Not sure if this is MSO related or just the RV engine, but I'm not in the habit of running any other mission for that long so there's nothing to compare it to!

:yay:

The Spt Radio you refer to is that Neo's Support Radio? How do you find it works with MSO?

Yes, Neo's Support Radio - of all the AI driven support scripts I've found it to be the most consistently reliable and flexible, albeit it lacks a couple of minor features which would be nice to have. It works very well in MSO, but of course the units don't get saved to PDB so their state doesn't persist between server starts. You can use the Spt Radio functions and some debug console magic to add/remove them on the fly though.

I'm not much of a scripter, but I'm slowly tinkering around trying to figure out the simplest way to store the state to PDB - either the vehicles themselves or just the 'state' array from the fsm's. Also, because there's no self propelled gun mod (MLRS is over powered; US Paladin doesn't work with Spt Radio cos it uses custom scripts and not the BIS arty module) and AI can't tow arty, you have to edit the mission to move the marker locations if you want to shift your OS to new location. Something else I have vague plans to work out, but unlikely to happen anytime this side of doomsday tbh.

Great thanks for the info I'm adding it to the ToDo list :p

I have a question about re-spawning at the MHQ and using the ACE Revive Script by columdrum - is this a good place to ask or is PM or another forum preferable?