Sign in to follow this  
Elcx

Arma3 in different languages?

Aloa Community!

I got a question for the dev-team:

Will ArmaIII be released in different languages like german, russian, etc.?

It's not a big deal to handle with english but I missed the german-part in the game,

that would make the missions much easier for people like me with english as third language...

That would be my wish for the next-gen arma, pls realize that little thing.

If you need a translator and/or german speakers, pm me. I can help you out with this.

thx ;)

ArmA2 is available in German and Russian and a lot more languages already. I see no reason why it shouldn't be the case in ArmA3.

For localization however the local distributor is responsible, so you should send your 'application' to them. ;)

Lol, if they didnt release ArmA in german, the germans wouldnt know what to do with it.

Bullshit. Most Germans do speak english quite well. As for Elcx's question - I think he meant German voice actings. And I'm pretty sure we won't ever hear such candy in ArmA series ^^

I for my part love it when russian soldiers speak russian, us soldiers speak american english, uk soldiers speak british english, takis speak whatever they speak I don't know.

It adds some atmosphere to the whole scene.

Subtitles should be surely available (but they are and were already available all the time (depending on the version you bought))

Bullshit. Most Germans do speak english quite well. As for Elcx's question - I think he meant German voice actings. And I'm pretty sure we won't ever hear such candy in ArmA series ^^

exactly this is the point. nice ger/ru/fr etc. voice actings would adds more atmosphere and i'm sure i'm not the only one who has this wish for a3 ;)

People should speak the language they're expected to speak (Americans - English, Iranians - Persian, Greeks - Greek etc and communications between them in English with appropriate accents, unless some of these special forces soldiers have learned Persian which is plausible) with subtitles in the language of the country the buyer happens to be from or a foreign language commonly taught in that country. Wasting time and money on voice acting in languages that are not relevant to the game's background story is useless and to be quite honest stupid for a game focused on realism.

More atmosphere? Iranians speaking French because the buyer happens to be French for example? Couldn't think of many things that would ruin the atmosphere more imo.

Edited by JdB

Since ArmA III is going to feature real countries this time, I hope we'll hear Iranian, Yiddish, Greek and other languages, of course subtitled. Greek VAs, in particular, shouldn't be too expensive these days.:)

Yeah, but for some unknown reason one german guy needs to translate everything from english to german in every Gamestar video this far, just like every english/american TV show in germany.

Lol, if they didnt release ArmA in german, the germans wouldnt know what to do with it.

Your ignorance is amazing.

Most foreign countries have kids learning nglish during elementary school.

They probably translate it due to the fact it's much more comfortable to read in their native language.

Your ignorance is amazing.

Most foreign countries have kids learning nglish during elementary school.

They probably translate it due to the fact it's much more comfortable to read in their native language.

Like everything on TV with english voices? If someone dubbed english movies into my language I would run far, faaar away.

People should speak the language they're expected to speak (Americans - English, Iranians - Persian, Greeks - Greek etc and communications between them in English with appropriate accents, unless some of these special forces soldiers have learned Persian which is plausible) with subtitles in the language of the country the buyer happens to be from or a foreign language commonly taught in that country. Wasting time and money on voice acting in languages that are not relevant to the game's background story is useless and to be quite honest stupid for a game focused on realism.

More atmosphere? Iranians speaking French because the buyer happens to be French for example? Couldn't think of many things that would ruin the atmosphere more imo.

You think so? I don't. This is always a game, nothing to do with reality. If BI would wasting more time and money in voice acting they would have more players for arma. Because i know what i'm writing here, some of my friends will never buy a game that is not realized in different languages (subtitles and/or voice acting). It's sad, you can never play together because many of them are too lazy to read carefully the subtitles or to listen to the speakers...

:)

edit: and btw: this question is for the dev-team it was not my intention to start a discussion why or not. Only a short answer (voice acting/right subtitles) yes or no, that's all what i want to know.

Edited by Elcx

I don't want english/takistani/chernorussian/greek/iranian people to speak german... In my book that's a horrible idea for a game like Arma. Subtitles are just fine. I think I have only games of the Anno series in german. Everything else is installed in english

One thing I really liked in.Harvest Red was that the cher.orussians were speaking Czech. I actually learned a little bit from it.

BIS would need to find, record and pay native speakers so ingame characters do sound good + believable - without faked/overdone accents. :)

BIS would need to find, record and pay native speakers so ingame characters do sound good + believable - without faked/overdone accents. :)

noooo !

how we're can live without that all "eat that, you dirty capitalist scum!!" shouts connected to grenade launch ? how we're can play games w/o "co you drink some vodka w/me?" part of [surely intelligent]conversation ?" :)

/sarcasm.