Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience

It is not officially supported. You can try' date=' but we can't guarantee that they will work together.[/quote']

Ok thanks as our clan is looking for Chinese or Vitenam mod that supports ACE. I hope this is supported soon.

What features in particular would you like to be compatible? As far as I'm concerned ACE works fine, I'm not sure about ACRE though. If the only thing that isn't is the maps, maybe we could look into making the maps compatible. Otherwise we won't be making an ACE version.

Thanks Fox'09 for coming back to me.

Well ACRE is integral part of the Clans operations. The maps we use is Tasiksan, Isle of Duala and a few others. Apologies for spelling as may incorrectly spelt them. I am hoping you can do something

Thanks Fox'09 for coming back to me.

Well ACRE is integral part of the Clans operations. The maps we use is Tasiksan, Isle of Duala and a few others. Apologies for spelling as may incorrectly spelt them. I am hoping you can do something

I thought ACRE had to do with adding radio gear into specific missions that want to use it. I don't see why that can't be done with VTE missions?

VTE v1.4 works OK with ACE as we don't have any complex scripts which would break it.

Our multiplayer server is running many players every day, join there for some good Vietnam missions. Sorry about lack of videos and MP on my part lately, been quite busy.

VTE_logo.gif

Vietnam: The Experience

The leading, most comprehensive and detailed Vietnam war modification.

VTE v1.5 for ArmA 2.

Check out Vietnam: The Experience ArmA 2 Official Homepage, read PMC Tactical Forums VTE v1.5 Official Release Topic and PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: VTE ArmA 2, remember to check VTE v1.5 Changelog for huge changelog.

First post updated with details.

Edited by Snake Man

congrats on the release, downloading it right now.

however, is there really no SP mission or new campaign?

because even if there are coop missions that can be played SP, I'd like to have some missions in which I don't have to manage a team.

sometimes, I like being led.

As I posted in the addons & mods: discussion topic; there is additional VTE Mission Pack download. The pack is kind of work in progress, there is the old Australians in Vietnam campaign, bunch of mixed SP missions and the good and working MP missions we have been hammering with v1.4 (older version) in our server.

yeah, but as said, there is only MP type mission.

no SP mission intended to be played SP.

all of them are MP that can be played SP - on the condition that you play team leader.

@Wiki: well, not at all.

The pack includes the Campaign 'Australians in Vietnam' (aswell as a terrain Debug one, but well, thats not for playing purpose), several SP Scenarios which were made for SP, and a few MP scenarious, of which about one third can be played in Sp aswell.

Also, i'm working on the finishing touch to snakemans excellent 'Seal Team' Campaign, which is a persitent campaing in which you are the Leader of a Navy SEAL Team in Vietnam, conducting a wide variety of missions. The thing is, it's totally up to you, which mission you conduct, in which order, what type of mission it is (patrol, recover, S&D ect), you can retreat and abort the mission anytime, and you can reset insertion and exertion via heli as you wish, aswell as you may use other methods to infiltrate and extract at your own.

The campaign lacks some sort of ambience by now, it just feels to empty, so random patrols and a more 'alive' base are on the plan, and when Snake likes the result, it's most likely going to be a release.

thx for answer.

for the moment, on the missions page of your site, I only see MP missions (coop, pvp, team)

could you mark those playable SP or designed that way?

thanks

could you mark those playable SP or designed that way?

thanks

If you follow this link: http://tactical.nekromantix.com/vte/missions.php

and scroll all the way down, theres an All-in-one download link.

Once you unzip the File, you will have three Subfolders, Missions, MpMissions and Campaigns.

Naturally, Missions are for SP, MpMissions are PvP/TvT/Coop Multiplayer, and Campaigns are what they are.

Of course you are right, the list on the HP only shows MpMissions. This is because it's an old list.

The *new* missionpack is already uplaoded and avaliable under said link. The List ist simply not (yet) up-to-date :(

Have fun playing VTE anyhow, no matter if SP or MP, and make sure to check out Official PMC tactical VTE 1.5 MP Server (=

Thanks for the hosting Foxhound, always appreciated :)

I changed the VTE Missions page now to have the mission pack in the "front" ie start of the page, I admit it required some effort from viewers part to find it on the bottom of the page. Should be now immediately on your face for anyone looking to download some VTE missions.

The mission pack will be updated in next couple of days if all goes well, I'd like to improve the SP mission part of it.

Looking forward to play some multiplayer with you guys this weekend.

Thanks for posting the link to those missions! You should have that link on the Armaholic download page, as a newcomer to this mod I would have missed it if I were less observant.

Edited by h34dup

Vietnam: The Experience Mission Pack has been updated! 11-29-12

There is no changelog, but I cleaned out the non working missions (or ones without briefings etc), added few new ones and converted couple of MP ones to SP which can be played with only player + AI.

thanks for this great mod/work Snake, it's time to rock!

Great release 1.5, new terrains and lots of new content.

Appreciate your hard work ‘snakeman’ congrats on the release..:)

Vietnam: The Experience multiplayer 11-30-12 using new v1.5

0Rw_H-sIpdk

Question do any of the missions use the Kittyhawk?

Its featured in the just updated four missions.

VTE Mission Pack has been updated (12-01-12).

Changes:

- SP mission VTE Showcase Men / Characters added.

- MP mission PMC COOP 32 Targets updated to v0.3.2 (new vehicles added)

Enjoy.

Was experimenting around with making a dense jungle in game using the VTE scenery objects for a mission I am making

http://i.imgur.com/45k4d.jpg > 100 KB

Edited by Max Power

skeligandrew

Please watch your image sizes.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Ok. I´ve been playing it for one hour (fine) and then i saved and exit then game. I thought "it´s a great mod, i´ll continue later". But when i try to play again a message appears

"no entry ´bin\config/cfgworlds.vte_polei_kleng' "

in the first mission (the patrol), and then the mission continues but the world is empty of everthing. I´ve tried with other mission and similar error appears.

Thanks man, for your work.