Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

Vietnam: The Experience

no entry config/CfgWorlds is the save-game bug when WRP file doesn't match terrain class name. I'll fix that on next version, but for now... unfortunately I don't know any workaround, the savegame is just not working. Sorry.

If anyone is looking for Vietnam multiplayer, check ingame browser with filter "VIETNAM: The Experience (VTE) on PMC Tactical" and you'll find our server. All the latest VTE MP missions included there now (mission side AC130 gunship fix too).

Enjoy some good Vietnam MP.

Great mod ! well done Snake man. :thumb:

Out of curiousity is the city of "Hanoi" covered in any of the maps ?, I have not seen all of maps in editor as yet.. Im still going through them.

Really liking the mod and just built an MSO for it, that plays out awsomley on the nam_25!

If anyone is interested PM me, its working fine but its not polished yet!

PMC Tactical multiplayer server was down a bit, its now back up and running. You'll find it on in-game server browser with the name: VIETNAM: The Experience (VTE) on PMC Tactical

Vietnam multiplayer is back on, enjoy.

Thank you for this mod, great work.

I took to the firing range to try the different firearms and noticed some stuff I couldn't understand. Firstly, I noticed that firearms were performing more or less according to their chamber. 9mm were surprising accurate -- I could hit the farthest man sized targets with short bursts from the M10, and a couple others I can't recall -- overall 9mm performed really well. .45 ACP not so much. UMP45 and Thompson were good examples, where I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Using the larger targets I found that even hitting the first and second range boards was difficult, and noticed impacts striking up dust from short bursts at very wide angles.

Why does it work this way and can anyone explain a bit about how the ballistics were done?

Edited by Tangox5

I'm having trouble to download version 1.5 from all indicated links. Strangely the download stops at 480 MB and when I try to open it it say's the compressed archive is corrupt. Is there anybody who experienced the same. I guess it's a problem on my side 'cause I haven't seen any other post claiming a corrupt download which leads me to believe that it's only on my side.

I'm having trouble .

You've been drinking that Northern Italian wine, haven't you? :D

@nettrucker

I don't have any problems with downloading VTE mod from Armaholic. Prabobly something on your side.

You've been drinking that Northern Italian wine, haven't you? :D

Nope . . . it was Vodka!!!! I gonna retry once again. Really some strange thing. Thanks for your replies guys. Yeah I thought already it was on my side.

cheers

Edit: 20/03/13

Solved it was my anti virus program.LOL

Edited by nettrucker

VTE_logo.gif

Vietnam: The Experience v1.5.25 upgrade has been released! Only 219kb, so its tiny, go grab it now from VTE homepage and enjoy some improved Vietnam War Mod gameplay!

Check out VTE v1.5.25 Changelog

Larger update has been planned for the upcoming months, stay tuned and please send some feedback.

Hello,

I'm contributor of the mod and to update you, let me show you some of the stuff that's being worked

on.

Right now the focus I was given is to direct my energy on the houses and weapons.

The Thompson M1A1 submachine is an important weapon of the war and was used in the entire conflict.

Our old model was still from OFP, so we decided to create a new one from scratch.

First we made the high poly version and then baked it on a low poly one to get

a normal map.

3qzu6m.png

Picture of the high poly

It was important to match looks and resource draw, as this gun is often used.

That's why the texture size for this gun is only 1024x1024 for example.

In the example of guns, a normal map, specular map and diffuse map is made.

145pyz.png

3ktovs.png

(Picture of the Tet 68 town map)

If you want to know anything else about the process, just ask.

For regular development updates you shall visit tactical.nekromantix.com

Feedback is wanted, so if you have anything to say its appreciated.

Edited by DaMan3

Can we have more buildings that are enterable, also with balconies and access to rooftops. The ai I use like to use these things to the fullest, so would be nice to see some more included in the vte terrains.:)

VTE_logo.gif

Thanks to Sickboy for sharing Play With Six lockdown launcher with us, I would have announced this first but was under the impression it was private info on private chat, apparently I was mistaken!

Basically by using this utility you get an Updater, Launcher and ServerBrowser specialized for Vietnam: The Experience. Several elements and unrelated content are either removed or hidden.

It is a basic bootstrapper program that Installs Play withSIX and pre-requisites when missing, and launches Play withSIX in lockdown mode on the desired mod.

If you like, you still have access to the full Play withSIX experience, simply by launching it instead of the bootstrapper.

Both the bootstrapper and the lockdown mode are still early versions and both will be much improved coming time. Expect improvements and more variants popping up for more mods coming time :)

Download from PMC Tactical - ArmA 2 Downloads page.

Can we have more buildings that are enterable, also with balconies and access to rooftops. The ai I use like to use these things to the fullest, so would be nice to see some more included in the vte terrains.

Hello,

the good side is, there are already many buildings enterable buildings in the mod.

61dufm.png

For example, this screenshot was taken on the map Ashau Valley, which features a whole town on the north east side of the map, where 70% of the buildings are enterable.

If you play the official campaign "Australians in Vietnam", one of the missions even features an assault on such a town with many enemies.

Some of the buildings are being worked on because they had errors (UVW map stretching etc.) but there is nothing in the way, of playing Vietnam style house to house missions!

There is new aircraft based campaign ready, if anyone wishes to test it you can request version by posting here.

The mission is going on to replace some old models that look like straight from OFP. Last time it was the Thompson, today it's the BTR50.

1m1u8v.png

2qlud1.png

3jduxb.png

4uxu4z.png

btr05ku76.png

Even an interior is made.

And for those wondering how the old one looked, here is a comparison.

5f3umq.png

P.S. If you have any suggestions, for instance pointing out a thing that just looks out of place in our mod or something missing, write them down and it maybe worked on.

Also, there will be times when beta testers are needed, you should contact Snake Man then.

Edited by DaMan3

The mission is going on to replace some old models that look like straight from OFP. Last time it was the Thompson, today it's the BTR50.

http://abload.de/thumb/1m1u8v.png

http://abload.de/thumb/2qlud1.png

http://abload.de/thumb/3jduxb.png

http://abload.de/thumb/4uxu4z.png

http://abload.de/thumb/btr05ku76.png

Even an interior is made.

And for those wondering how the old one looked, here is a comparison.

http://abload.de/thumb/5f3umq.png

P.S. If you have any suggestions, for instance pointing out a thing that just looks out of place in our mod or something missing, write them down and it maybe worked on.

Also, there will be times when beta testers are needed, you should contact Snake Man then.

These are looking good, do you have an animated version (in-game) yet..

These are looking good, do you have an animated version (in-game) yet..

Yes, the version is in-game in some of the pictures and it'll be drivable as soon as it's fully integrated (which won't take long I'm sure).

And even more stuff is coming up!

And the journey goes on!

There are too few boats for this game available so we are expanding the selection.

This is the Tango ATC, it is quite unknown (I only remember one from CSJ from OFP) but still packs a punch!

13uluo.png

Use this is your primary moving forward operation base, as even helicopters can land on it!

4zjxet.png

There'll also be a campaign where this boat playes the role as the primary fob.

2zka8j.png

3rcaca.png

This is looking really impressive. I remember OFP VTE and i am sure that PBR boats had rotating radar randomes? Would be cool if some of these boats had flamethrowers which i believe some really were equipped with. Not sure if the arma2 engine can stimulate flamethrowers though.