Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPWC AI suppression system

Hopefully that means that a red target is not visible anymore for the player

And judging from the config you can set a FPS limit below which TPW LOS won't run

Yeah I just noticed that I always get the Message, regardless if Debug is active or not.

Hopefully that means that a red target is not visible anymore for the player

And judging from the config you can set a FPS limit below which TPW LOS won't run

The red target marker should have disappeared: I finally noticed it myself and I believe I have fixed it.

There's indeed an FPS limit: below threshold TPW LOS will be skipped until FPS is okay again.

---------- Post added at 22:52 ---------- Previous post was at 22:44 ----------

Can you please be more specific on:"A (somehow modified) version of TPWLOS"?

The original TPWLOS was written in such a way it would check for each AI which AI/player would be in LOS.

While I wanted to make it (optionally) player centric only, I had to do it the other way around: who is near to a player/AI and would be able to see him.

I also changed a little bit in the logic: difference in prone, crouched, standing, a slight change in day and night effect, etc.

I'm curious if you will notice a difference.

I've sometimes noticed AI didn't react, even though debug ball appeared.

After searching a dead AI it appeared he had ran out of ammo....

(I guess that could be another enhancement: if no more ammo -> run for cover in stead of standing there to be shot....)

Well it would be nice to have a switch between player-centric and fair at least...

Remember - some of us play it with HC, some of us play large battles and it would be good to have AI perform to the best of its ability regardless of player being nearby

The original TPWLOS was written in such a way it would check for each AI which AI/player would be in LOS.

While I wanted to make it (optionally) player centric only, I had to do it the other way around: who is near to a player/AI and would be able to see him.

..ehm..sorry if i didn't got it right..but this sounds like the existing config Los min/max distance...although i m sure you mean something else :D

I also changed a little bit in the logic: difference in prone, crouched, standing, a slight change in day and night effect, etc.

I can't say loud enough THANK YOU!!!

You know..all this time i m struggling to tweak all my AI addons (ACE//ASR//TPW_DSC) to be as-real-as-it-gets without

losing fairplay to player (from Uber_AI)

THIS..will change things to better in a "fair" way

(I guess that could be another enhancement: if no more ammo -> run for cover in stead of standing there to be shot....)

I will ask you to re-avaluate this decision/plan please.

It WILL interfere with other mods that doing that as part of their MAIN functions :)

Well it would be nice to have a switch between player-centric and fair at least...

Remember - some of us play it with HC, some of us play large battles and it would be good to have AI perform to the best of its ability regardless of player being nearby

The switch is already there: time to update/create readme I guess..

• tpwcas_mode 1: Both player and all available AI will be subject to suppression as well as TPW LOS, and be able to trigger suppression
    - Single Player mode - automatically set
  • tpwcas_mode 2: Multiplayer mode - All available AI and players will be subject to suppression as well as TPW LOS, and be able to trigger suppression.
    - Multiplayer mode - requires setting parameter in userconfig file
    - Requires tpwcas on both server and all players system (may include HC as well).
    - Bullet detection framework active on both server and client pc's, to allow suppression of player and AI local to each system.
    - Embedded TPW LOS will check Line of Sight for all AI and players
  • tpwcas_mode 3: Supposed to be used for AI suppression by player shot bullets only. TPW LOS is only active for players who are in Line Of Sight to enemy AI.
    - Multiplayer mode - default MP setting, does not require setting parameter in userconfig file
    - Recommended setting for MP coop versus enemy AI.
    - No client needed (if available at client tpwcas will be automatically deactivated on that client).
    - There will be no player suppression (i.E. no camshake and no visual blur)
    - Any friendly AI local to player (= member of players group) will not be subject to suppression, nor will trigger AI suppression
    - Friendly AI local to server (= not member of players group) will be subject to suppression, and will trigger AI suppression
    - Embedded TPW LOS will check only if enemy AI has Line of Sight to any player (so not for AI versus AI)
  • tpwcas_mode 4: Headless Client mode, and only to be used in conjunction with tpwcas_mode 3 Dedicated Server: this manual mode will activate suppression for any AI local to HC
    - Should be manually set via userconfig on HC client
    - Experimental - not fully tested yet
  • tpwcas_mode 5: Disable tpwcas mod
    - if TPWCAS is set to 5 (disabled) in userconfig, mission makers can overrule by placing a 'TPWCAS module' on the map to enable TPWCAS mode 2 or 3 for specific mission
    - if TPWCAS is set to enabled in userconfig, mission makers can overrule by placing a 'TPWCAS module' on the map to disable TPWCAS mode (set to 5) for specific mission

---------- Post added at 09:52 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

I will ask you to re-avaluate this decision/plan please.

It WILL interfere with other mods that doing that as part of their MAIN functions :)

Don't worry - I won't. Also, I believe if you set the 'tpwcas_canflee' to 1 instead of 0 they may actually flee when out of ammo

Edited by Ollem

Sorry but what's the diffrerence between tpwcas_mode 1 and tpwcas_mode 2?

Also last night when testing the 0.4 beta I encountered this error message "NB: [true "RcoketBase",2] - Pro: 40 - Life: 20 - Dist: 7000"

Is this related to TPWCAS? And if so what does it mean?

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication :D

Sorry but what's the diffrerence between tpwcas_mode 1 and tpwcas_mode 2?

Also last night when testing the 0.4 beta I encountered this error message "NB: [true "RcoketBase",2] - Pro: 40 - Life: 20 - Dist: 7000"

Is this related to TPWCAS? And if so what does it mean?

- tpwcas_mode 1 = Single Player mode, tpwcas_mode 2, 3, and 4 = MultiPlayer mode (I updated post above)

- see post above: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system&p=2258620&viewfull=1#post2258620

- tpwcas_mode 1 = Single Player mode, tpwcas_mode 2, 3, and 4 = MultiPlayer mode (I updated post above)

- see post above: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system&p=2258620&viewfull=1#post2258620

So if I understand correctly, this new version automatically runs in tpwcas_mode 1 in SP and, by defauly, switches to tpwcas_mode 3 in MP?

If so, that's brilliant mate.

Hopefully this'll mean less issues for admins as well as easier updates and dev!

Looking forward to that new beta soon :rolleyes:

If i understand right the "default mode" doesn't needs userconfig right?

So..

1) If i want to use "custom values" (in example in TPW_LoS min.distance ) this must be done via Userconfig (ok so far?..)

How i will force the use of Userconfig (where my tweaks are been made)?

-Should i remove "//" from : //tpwcas_mode = 3;

2) Is there any chance (in a specific mode) a player in a dedi server to experience the "suppresion effects" without him running the mod as client? oO

Edited by GiorgyGR

Thanks again for the updates!!

[*]tpwcas_mode 4: Headless Client mode, and only to be used in conjunction with tpwcas_mode 3 Dedicated Server: this manual mode will activate suppression for any AI local to HC

- Should be manually set via userconfig on HC client

- Experimental - not fully tested yet

/Drool_mode_ON

So to run this with the HC I need to have the mod running on the HC (mode 4) and server (mode 3) and manually change the HC userconfig setting? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

So to run this with the HC I need to have the mod running on the HC (mode 4) and server (mode 3) and manually change the HC userconfig setting? (sorry if this is a dumb question)

No such thing as a dumb question, only dumb answers...

The dumb answer is yes, that's indeed the idea, but unfortunately I haven't tested it yet.. (and I suspect I shall need to make some specific additional adjustments to make it really work as intended).

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:59 ----------

If i understand right the "default mode" doesn't needs userconfig right?

So..

1) If i want to use "custom values" (in example in TPW_LoS min.distance ) this must be done via Userconfig (ok so far?..)

How i will force the use of Userconfig (where my tweaks are been made)?

-Should i remove "//" from : //tpwcas_mode = 3;

2) Is there any chance (in a specific mode) a player in a dedi server to experience the "suppresion effects" without him running the mod as client? oO

You always need the userconfig file, and yes you can indeed change settings like tpwcas_los_mindistance.

In order to enable tpwcas_mode = 3, you should indeed remove the "//"

Ollem

*Sorry if i might becoming "boring" with SO much questions-but as (i hope) you understand i m trying to "filter" the best-possible experience

for my team via settings..

So..

• As i read in a previous read-me the *minimum_LoS_distance in example (=25) means every player below that distance/number will be always known by the enemy?

• If i want to have the opportunity to allow a "Stealth" approach it will be right move to lower min.distance to i.e.(=2) ?
  • You think this will have a negative impact on player's "immersion"?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

So if I understand correctly, this new version automatically runs in tpwcas_mode 1 in SP and, by defauly, switches to tpwcas_mode 3 in MP?

If so, that's brilliant mate.

I am also interested in that, I think domokun's post was left unnoticed... Do we need to edit the config file in order to manually set the required mode or it's done automatically in some way?

I've found some bugs in the beta4 version and I'm nearly finished resolving the issues:

- after respawn in MP mode=2 player shot bullets are no longer triggering suppression

- TPW LOS is not triggering unless within minimal range

- player visual blur is not triggered

- RPG/AT firing tiggers debug message

I am also interested in that, I think domokun's post was left unnoticed... Do we need to edit the config file in order to manually set the required mode or it's done automatically in some way?

Whatever you put in the config file, if you play SinglePlayer the "tpwcas_mode" value is set automatically equal to 1.

If any of the other parameters are changed, the new value will be used.

(NOTE: the userconfig file on the server will override any local changes made on players system in case of Multiplayer game)

Edited by Ollem

So just remove the // from the line mode 3: dedicated server coop play mode if I want to enable that for my server?

So just remove the // from the line mode 3: dedicated server coop play mode if I want to enable that for my server?

I think it's the last line in userconfig :

//tpwcas_mode = 3; (remove the // there and define your preferable mode )

Is there anyway to simply remove the debug message as well as the ringing sound?

Really looking forward to the next beta!

It's amazing how much impact this mod has on my games - my missions are so different that I've actually begun re-playing missions that I've already completed because the AI react so differently. This difference in reaction is usually very positive, with the AI more alert and deadlier. However I have encountered the odd WTF moment when the AI has just knelt or laid there blinking at me stupidly. I usually put that down to combat-induced stress as I slot one between his startled eyes :D

Thanks for the advice guys.

I can report that the latest version was tested on the CiA coop server (on dedi coop mode) and worked just fine.

Thanks Ollem!

Hi Ollem

I should be back home by the weekend with time to play ArmA again, & v4 RC1 will be my first download.

Thank you for your outstanding work on this. Though I don't play MP (yet), solving the issues for servers & dedicated servers will surely have made you a lot of friends in the MP community :)

Thanks for your continued effort on this absolutely necessary AI enhancement!

Question: Downloaded the new tpwcas beta but there is no .hpp file for userconfig. Also -this addon will make TWP_Suppress & TPW_LOS redundant no? Meaning we only need this one file now?

The tpwcas.pbo file should replace the file in shipped with tpwcas4.0beta... if you're not sure how it works please wait for the next full package..

The tpwcas.pbo file should replace the file in shipped with tpwcas4.0beta... if you're not sure how it works please wait for the next full package..

..or just download the previous Beta which has it included :p

For those who can't wait updated .pbo: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96469595/%40tpwcas/addons/tpwcas.pbo

Still not final release, but fixed some issues already.

tpwcas v4 RC1 expected this weekend.

Release notes: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/96469595/%40tpwcas/readme_tpwcasv4.txt

Updated the .pbo in link above - usage: download tpwcas4.0 Beta and replace the .pbo.

If not sure what you are doing: please wait for next release - expected this weekend..