Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

What I would like to see in OFP2?

uhhhhhhhhhhhh

How about some freaking internal beta testing instead of putting a beta copy in a box and making us pay $40 for the privelage of beta testing an obviously rushed, poorly coded product?

I'd also like to see a patch or 2 in my lifetime for the product..

Maybe if OFP2 included those things, people might stick around and play the game online for more than a week instead of loading it up, 0'ing out or CTD'ing, saying "this sucks", and not coming back.

Disgruntled? Yeah.. Definitely.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd also like to see a patch or 2 in my lifetime for the product..<span id='postcolor'>

Lets see here how many patches have their been for OFP...1.2,1.3,1.42,1.46,1.75. Thats five. Several of them even included more weapons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about some freaking internal beta testing instead of putting a beta copy in a box and making us pay $40 for the privelage of beta testing an obviously rushed, poorly coded product?

<span id='postcolor'>

I know I had 1.2 and by that time a lot of the problems were fixed but I didn't see any major bugs when I got it.

I think the number of people in this and other forums show that very very few people don't stay around.

Obviously I wouldn't be talking about OFP1942 in my previous post.. What might be the stats on Resistance? Squat..

Resistance wasnt in the market THAT long so the patchs will come, it takes time and patience

no game is perfect.

Clipping, clipping and oh yeah, did i mention clipping?

To me clipping is one of the biggest problems with OFP.

How many times have you been sniping from a window and all of a sudden ended up on the other side of it?

I can live with choppers that turn upside down from time to time for no apparent reason, jeeps bouncing 50 feet in the air, some minor lag issues, but the damn clipping is just ruining so many good missions. Also, stealthy missions, where you would require silenced weapons or even a knife. A knife would be nice. Also i think built-in RTS capability. RTS missions are great but they require such heavy scripting that sometimes is quite buggy.

Just my 2 cents.

I'd like to see in ofp2 :

- Soldiers and units from 2002 and not the 80's

- More enemy countries

- more military buildings

- No buildings where you can't get in

- Big city's

- more boats

- dezert units

- bigger island

- realistic explosions

- anti personel mine's

- Big planes like b-52 etc.

- realistic water

- Animals

- big harbors

- realistic snipers

- more realistic sounds

- terrorist units

I hope you can make the game more realistic. I suggest going to real army's to help making the game more realstic

Wake in the water, more realistic water physics, swimming solders, realistic sounds biger islands that you can go to by boat and aircraft, Game logic civilians that do everyday stuff that you have to deal with, more up to date vehicals, weapons, and solders, weamon and children, flashlights more buildings that you can go inside, ships, and a Globe type map.

We definitely need more realistic battle sounds - the fighting's a bit too sanitised at the moment. The idea on the previous page where your troops panic, scream etc is a great one. As long as they don't flee unless told to!!!

Have you also noticed that when troops are shot they are either alive and able to move, or just dead - no inbetween? Why not an intermediate state where troops can be so badly wounded that they cannot move but they are alive, so you have to medevac them? This way, you could capture enemy troops in missions (an idea from the previous page) and then send em off for "interrogation" - I shudder to think of the Spetsnaz methods wow.gif

I also think that we need foxholes, bunkers and messes (w/ sleeping soldiers perhaps?) where troops can bed in ready for an assault. in real life you wouldn't see troops standing out in the open ready to be shot like that. Of course, the AI would have to be super-smart to deal with concealed troops, but it has been done before, as I have said in earlier posts, with M$ close combat.

It would also be nice to ride on tanks!!!

OFP was revolutionary, before OFP how many decent FPS/AS war sims were there - Delta Force 2 was the best you could get and that was you with a few other mentally challenged comrades called Alpha and Bravo who ran against an army of guys who couldn't shoot a house from two metres away!

And then you have this huge expanding arena of vehicles and infantry all interacting (with a few glitches but it's better than a real American unit!wink.gif to create an immersive computer game. Fabtastic!

I'm not going to say release a patch for clipping because to my computer knowledge (quite limited) that is very hard to do and you might as well design a new game engine!

What want is a realism pack that you buy like resistance that only people who want it get. It would include features that would appeal to the hardcore gamerd

Realistic explosions - An infantry carrier getting hit by a LAW looks like a puff of smoke where the LAW penetrates and then it stops working because either the crew is dead or wounded or the tracks or turret are destroyed/dammaged. A secondary explosion is caused by it hitting ammo in the turret or the fuel tank and is usually quite rare because you don't usually waste ammo on it if the guys have jumped out or it's on fire.

Realistic ammo loadouts - Hellfish 6 has given a brilliant description so i don't have to :-)

Flight model - you hear everyone say this and i'm gonna add to the general flow, keep the easy option because it's great for the plebs to think they're flying really well and they don't need the gunner and that every air force in the world will want them!

(exaggeration - don't take that seriously :-) )

But being a helicopter pilot in the RAF i think that even though it's a computer game give us some credit by giving us a real flight model as well! And give the gunner a bit more freedom (an engage at will command) where he will sensibly use your ordnance to enagage threats first then infantry etc

gunner and rockets - in real life the gunner does have a set of controls to fly with if the pilot dies or has an urgent date or something. Rockets should be controlled by the pilot because you need to point them by pointing the aircraft at the target.

By the way we have gunners because lots of helicopters have crashed in to things as pilots have been faffing with weapon systems, yes it is that hard to fly helicopters!

realistic engagment ranges - you could have an option if people have the processing power to have realistic enagement ranges where M1 Abrams will happily engage with thermal imaging at 2.0 - 2.5km ranges

Water - everyone says about water, i'm not that bothered but it would open up a huge area of possibilities e.g. on that guard mission where you lost at cards and you have to guard the area the russians could have special water guys come crawling onto the beach and harpoon gun you!

If you call it NATO have the British! - I'm sorry to say due to our leadership that after America has decided to "liberate" a country e.g. Kosovo the first people there are the Gurkas/SAS/Royal Marines etc and the last ones there are the Americans with shiploads of goodies like haircombs!!!

I'm sorry to offend any Americans here but the British forces breed a dislike of the Americans because they usually shoot us thinking we're the enemy. When we are forced to share a base with them they come over with a jeep full of Coca Cola and cornflakes asking us stupid questions like "do you have many mobile phones over there?"

Also have the Germans and French because they are always there to help us and talk to and also because lot's of people in France and Germany play OFP.

Blue on Blue - if you have americans in any scenario you're gonna have them blowing up anything that moves

Animations - how many soldiers run with their rifles sticking out so if they trip/ or dive down their barrels get jammed up with mud? I've been looking at previous screenshots of OFP on the official website and the animations look more realistic! Even though the graphics aren't top notch i would really have liked to play the previous versions!

Bloody hell i've typed a lot on my first post!

Oh well hope you agree with at least one of my ideas!

Ouch! Not that I totally disagree with what you said in some parts...

I definitely want more realism. The enemies that attack you in OFP are too quiet. Just think, if they were shouting constantly, that would be unnerving! In OFP, I want blood, guts, brains splattering around me, I want to smell the smoke and run up to tanks armed only with a spoon.

Don't get me wrong, I'll never fight in any real war, I hope... unless Tony Blair drags me into one sad.gif

Oh yeah, OFP could do with some massive aircraft carriers that really go BOOM. Anyone seen the film "sum of all fears" where the US aircraft carrier is blown up by the Russians? The SFX was sweet and I'm sure graphics cards of today could replicate them easily. Just think, how much more satisfying could it be to fly an F15/ SU27 loaded with a nuclear-tipped missile, target a virtual carrier and sink it?

I should have explained blue on blue a bit more:

Have a system where you have assault times, and supporting fire etc like in a real attack. Then if you lead your squad ahead of the pre arranged assault time expect to get shot at by other squad's mortars and MGs thinking you are the enemy and not really IDing you properly, of course then you'll have a radio option of cease fire to other squads and basically make the communication between squads more fluid and dynamic but put real life elements of error and miscommunication in randomly to simulate what it's like when everything gos tits up!

You can also have more interaction with support units like artillery and air bases where you call gunships/recon helos/evacs etc

also i thought about this just now after getting shot down in my A10 deep in enemy territory and running 6kms back to base to comlete the mission - not very fun or realistic.

have a radio command which you can use that can call for any available SAR units to pick you up. also have AI pilots do this if they get shot down and survive (big miracle at moment) and squad leaders who have chickened out of an assault and ran to the emergency LZ with a few men waiting for the helicopter to come in and take them to safety.

i forgot to put this under flight model in my previous post

Rotor Downwash from helicopters should kick up dust automatically like the tank cannon does but make it an option if you can so that low end users don't suffer!

Long grass and tree branches that move in the wind.

This is very important because at the moment in games like ofp all you have to do to spot someone is stop moving, then any pixels that move on your screen (apart from clouds/water) is a person/vehicle.

cilivilian(traffic, moving people,...) life turn off or on, so we dont have to spend hours of making a island looking real, like a sample mission or so (wath i use now).

and a civilian boat.

Kojak_2002

"The enemies that attack you in OFP are too quiet. Just think, if they were shouting constantly"

Good idea if you're going up against enemies who aren't trained, but Russians? I'm afraid (no westerner likes to accept it) that the Russian infantryman was one of the best trained enlisted conscript soldiers in the world and they wouldn't be yelling to each other in a firefight, because that would give away their position.

But if the resistance shouted it would add a real element of not being able to communicate effectively without telling every other man and his dog where you are!

I'm glad you agree with some of my points :-)

Jinef

Well if this isn't patched into OFP1 then in OFP2:

[*] Multiple controller support (assign controls of various sticks,wheels,pads to action keys at the same time)

[*] Unmappable Left Mouse Button LMB

[*] Method to work with markers in MP games

real air-ground radar, FLIR detector and avionics for planes/helicopters.

modern electronic equipment for armored and soldiers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Oct. 08 2002,18:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well if this isn't patched into OFP1 then in OFP2:

[*] Multiple controller support (assign controls of various sticks,wheels,pads to action keys at the same time)

[*] Unmappable Left Mouse Button LMB

[*] Method to work with markers in MP games<span id='postcolor'>

You can work with markers in ofp mp allrdy :=)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 21 2002,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like to see fluffy pink bunnies that can be trained to carry spare M60 magazines smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Placebo is spamming wink.gif

Hehehe and he's a mod!

The normal joke, check your previous PM's.

I would like to see grass to hid in, better flight dynamics, crew bigger maps sea and battle cruisers. compacted CPU usage.

As well as buitiful graphics... I surely hope I don't wreck my helo in the woods while admiring the graphics biggrin.gif

Simple gun making...

Off course a even simpler editor get the best 3rd party map maker to write a tutorial since he knows about area triggers.

Joke: Make Placebo in the game biggrin.gif

I want OPF to have Air and ground ability.

In the campaign make the player choose which force he want to be with and make air and sea harder and more real.

Like training for airforce boys, training for naval boys and then training for the army and their vehicle division.

That way people like me who wanted to fly wouldn't have to fight boring infantery missions.

Possibility to swim must be added.

And give us the ability to shoot leaders like Colonel Blake if you are mad at him, or even better, get a higher rank and command him!

I would like to see Aircraft Carriers thay you can control fully.. that means there are stations for radar, Missil launcher, AA gunners and driving bridge. And you can land with planes that have hook's like F-18 and F-14..

And you can walk around on the ship, and you can bord the ship from small boats...

Would be nice to have real Laser pointers in planes, when you use laser bombs. If there are no laser pointer from the ground you must do it manualy and point from the copit, not just right click on the target like before...

And the aircraft have lock warning, if somone is locking them and they have chaft and flare to avoid missiles!!  biggrin.gif

There should be a plane you can transport veicals, and light armor in.... like the Galaxy... wow.gif

And the controls... there should be a controls menu like in Battlefield: 1942..... You have the different key's for Air then driving a car... That you can have H in air as Hook on the plane.. and H in a car as Horn...

I don't have much to say after 20 pages most is written down I guess. However, I wish I could underscore SOUND quality. I feel the 3D gfx have to be good, but sounds also have to be of the best quality and very realistic (maybe in 5.1). I have always considered the sound environment to extremely important. After all, this is what immerse you most in the game and not that 17' screen wink.gif

This might also sound crazy, but I wish we could really take advantage of most controllers available, or even better having an OFP2 dedicated controller in the box biggrin.gif

I love that Galaxy Idea I find it so hard to make a good campaign where nothing just "appears" and when they do appear...THEY Bounce? I mean comon....A bouncing jeep yah ok...maybe..It's got Shocks but a TANK? or when I place that huge LST? It Bounces all over the place, Crazy! I also realllllly like the idea of bigger towns...Street fighting is great. That's the only thing that's truly missing from the maps is larger urban centers. You could do so many fun things with bigger cities. And on the mission editor have muti level unit placement. So if you want someone on the second or third floor of a house you can do it. That really would help to make better sniper missions where instead of shooting snipers laying out in the middle of te street cause they seem to like it there no matter what i tell them to do.

But as much as I have all these things to say about how to improve, it's still a pretty sweet game and I absolutly love this Mission editor. I havn't even beat Montingac must fall! I've been too busy making cambaigns!

realistic and modern weapons and vehicles... realistic islands and alot bigger. animals going around, several sides like: USA, NATO, UN, Russia, Iraq and maybe som taliban forces. that would be awesome man... and weapon loadout for every vehicle... waterfalls, lakes and so on. biggrin.gif

To all the pro-aircraft carrier people...

Aircraft carriers don't just travel around by themselves in the middle of shallow rivers. To have aircraft carriers you'd also have to have the accompanying support ships and the 80 or so aircraft being carried. Not to mention the helicopters carried by other ships and the submarine(s) accompanying all this.

That might be possible, but then, what exactly do you plan to attack all this with? Maybe you can launch a supersonic missile at it, but that wouldn't be a very challenging mission, since you'd have to launch it before you even see the target. Otherwise you'd be shot down by an F-14 if you got close enough to actually see the carrier as a dot on the horizon.