Sign in to follow this  
tremanarch

Football: Euro 2012

Sry didnt found a thread already!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2012#Group_stage

I must say I watch the chzech on Friday and I cheer for them!

I hope htey come far and show a good game vs Russia :)

Good Luck!

Where are the BIS Czech Soccer Fans?

(But when it comes to Germany vs Czech then I am sorry guys ;) )

football we say in germany too but in english its soccer? dunno

EM is german too, didnt know how to translate it. it stands roughly for European Mastership..

I don't like the term soccer. It's football god dammit!

I doubt germany will win. They always mess up against spain and this time they don't have an easy group...

Winner Group A: Czech Republic / Russia # Winner Group B: Portugal / Germany # Winner Group C: Spain / Republic of Ireland # Winner Group D: Sweden / Ukraine # :D Please change the thread title into EURO 2012 Football Championship! Else we going to stone you to death and if you still alive, going to hang you....

Edited by NoRailgunner
football goddamn it

Well I hope Croatia makes it in group C (Very tough group)

Only really in the parts of the Anglosphere where they've developed their own... degenerate codes of football (USA, Australia etc.). ;)

It's still football in most of English-speaking Europe. Certainly in the UK, and I think in most cases in the Republic of Ireland as well (though IIRC they refer to gaelic football and even Rugby as 'football' too in some contexts).

Can't see England going any further than the quarter finals myself; though I'm sure we can find out a way to cock-up and not progress past the group stage. I anticipate squeaky-bum time.

(though IIRC they refer to gaelic football and even Rugby as 'football' too in some contexts).

Most people in Dublin would look at you like you had two heads if you said "Did you watch the football final?" in September (when G.A.A finals are held). Gaa is now used mostly to describe Gaelic football, it's like calling footbal fifa. kids nowadays....

@NoRailGunner

Not even us Irish are giving us much of a chance getting out of the group :D

EM is german too, didnt know how to translate it. it stands roughly for European Mastership..

England invented the game, or the game as we know it now, apparently sailors often played it with natives in south america, thus taught them, and now they teach us :D Its called football, we gave it the name football. Its America that called the game soccer due to them already having a sport called football (when they use the feet to kick the ball about 1% of the time)

European Mastership I haven't heard before, European Championship maybe or just Euro 2012 ;)

Yep, the whole global US speak "soccer" becuase USA has American 'football' so it wont get mixed up is all a bit wrong and switched around of late, even Fifa (the game) is Fifa Soccer.

As Viper states correctly, it was, and always is football. IE: its not Handball is it? :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer

I am routing for England, although im not holding by breath at the same time.

I am routing for England, although im not holding by breath at the same time.

Same here. :)

It will all end with a penalty shootout though. It always does. ;)

Same here. :)

It will all end with a penalty shootout though. It always does. ;)

Against Germany :D

If Ireland get out of our group I think Trap will be another Jack Charlton :p

Yeh its either that or the usual long ball play where its simply ends up right back in the defence faces in 2 seconds :)

Or out of no where Beckham turns up in jacket and jeans and a 4 by 4, makes a quick change (John Terry style) and is haled the saviour .... until he ends up running around playing defender to everyone ... and then we loose at penalties & he kicks someone on the ground again :)

Against Germany :D

If Ireland get out of our group I think Trap will be another Jack Charlton :p

He's an englishman by birth ;)

GO GERMANY!!!

COME ON ENGLAND, THEN COME ON GERMANY, THEN COME ON DENMARK!!

My three teams I shall support when either of them drop out. Last two are not particularly in order ;) (funnily I only have the denmark EURO 2012 shirt)

This is my prediction

Finals: Germany - Spain

Euro cup goes to Spain again.

He's an englishman by birth ;)

GO GERMANY!!!

What I meant :D Ol' Jack was looked at oddly at first for being foreign like Trap in the beginning. But Jack is now a hero because of what he did. (even if it was terrible football lol)

As an Englishman, I can't support a team with John Terry in it and the team England is fielding is the least ambitious and most controversial I have ever seen. When Hodgson picks Terry, a proven bed-wetter and looser in an England shirt (and, this season, in his Chelsea shirt too) over Ferdinand, since the two can't play together, you just have to ask what is going on. His other picks are straight up apologys to Liverpool (Carroll, Downing, Henderson, Kelly, Glen Johnson) and are not, in any way, the best players for their positions.

So I hope England get crushed in their three games and I can see it happening, they certainly won't get out of their group.

Title fixed :)

thx :)

anyway me and my friends are ready for tomorrow!!!!

Poland - Greece: 3 : 1 # Russia : Czech Republic: 2 : 3 # Would be a good start! :cool:

YA 40:00 Minute: 1:0 Poland, great great !!!!!

Poland : 11 players : Greece : 10 players

The referee is on crack, he's giving yellow cards as rave party flyers.

EDIT : Referee : 0 ; Greece : 1

Edited by ProfTournesol