Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 93160 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

[93156] Changed: increased gear MP messages priority

Did anybody noticed, if this change has decreased time delay while taking items in DayZ gear?

Is it also supposed to affect loadout in briefing screens? Because I did notice a much faster response when taking gear during the briefing.

The FPS drop while shooting is caused by the smoke/particle system (smoke right in front of your sight). Old engine problem, the particle system causes most of the time a (huge) FPS drop.

On my system I can place an unit on desert island half a meter in front of the oil rig, nothing else. When I start shooting at the metal of the rig my FPS fall down from 120 to 60. When the smoke caused by shooting the rifle disappears FPS go back to 120.

Xeno

Eh ?!

Well,it's really new for me,because i use ZU23 frequently on warfare and only noticed this after using this build !

Ofcourse,smoke is causing me huge FPS drops ,but that's an old bug.

DayZ servers have a hard time. It lags like hell. But the thing I've spotted is that items sometimes stuck and can't be unloaded from backpack or can't be taken. Sometimes if you try to unload something from your backpack it will duplicate (unloaded 50 cans from my backpack to zombie body). But all these items doesn't exist. You can see 34 bean cans, but the guy next to you can't. If you will reconnect to server they disappear.

Could you please try to write some simple repro steps?

Are you able to reproduce this when you create small MP missiom in editor?

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Is it also supposed to affect loadout in briefing screens? Because I did notice a much faster response when taking gear during the briefing.

Yes it is.

Could you please try to write some simple repro steps?

Are you able to reproduce this when you create small MP missiom in editor?

Sorry, I don't know how to do this. I can make a screenshot when it will happen again and pm you or post it here.

[93156] Changed: increased gear MP messages priority

Did anybody noticed, if this change has decreased time delay while taking items in DayZ gear?

I believe it to be quicker, yes.

I believe it to be quicker, yes.

Ok, it is good news.

Is current state acceptable or is just slightly better?

My aim was to do every bootcamp mission. Will the broken missions or tutorials be fixed in 161?

My aim was to do every bootcamp mission. Will the broken missions or tutorials be fixed in 161?

There is nothing wrong with the E11 bootcamp mission, either with this beta or for many game versions. I just tested it again using this beta; it is flawless. There may be something wrong with your computer, game installation, or profile. You should be able to complete all bootcamp missions. I certainly did, well over a year ago.

There is nothing wrong with the E11 bootcamp mission, either with this beta or for many game versions. I just tested it again using this beta; it is flawless. There may be something wrong with your computer, game installation, or profile. You should be able to complete all bootcamp missions. I certainly did, well over a year ago.

E8: Armor is definitely broken, and there is something wrong with E11: Team command, may not have a problem on all computer specs, but it's there none the less.

I will carry on and test the rest.

Edited by Dajunka

More testing the better! :) What do you find wrong with E8?

Ok, it is good news.

Is current state acceptable or is just slightly better?

Personally I like the way the new gear system functions but if you look through the dayZ forums not everybody is/was happy, although the subject is calm at the moment.

I joined the moderation team a few days ago but there is so much stuff happening its pretty hard to keep track of whats what.

Defiantlyly heading in the right direction IMHO.

Good work.

With this beta I am getting noticeably worse stuttering when pressing (and releasing) my zoom view button. It is very reminiscent of the kind of performance problems we used to get in Arma1 (and early Arma2 iirc) while zooming.

[93017]Fixed: LOD blending not working reliably Which is the actual DevHeaven report for this bug, so I can report it there too?

Can any one tell me this ^, which ticket is it? So I can report the stutter.

More testing the better! :) What do you find wrong with E8?

Yep, E8: Armor. You get to the point were you are told to select the tanks machine gun and then after that nothing happens. You have no targets nor further instruction.

Yes it is.

In that case I am glad to report a vast improvement over previous versions. Getting gear in the briefing was almost instantaneous :)

Yep, E8: Armor. You get to the point were you are told to select the tanks machine gun and then after that nothing happens. You have no targets nor further instruction.

I think the problem is that some internal class names changed for the guns of the tank, and therefore, when it prompts you to switch to the machine gun, the script does not recognize the correct gun.

I haven't noticed much of a difference TBH. Still sketchy trying to load up in the briefing.

However that might have been with ACE so maybe it's an ACE-specific issue?

---------- Post added at 08:43 ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 ----------

Also, I have noticed (may not be this particular build-specific) that there is a lot of LOD swapping on objects when you zoom in long-distance. For instance, looking into a forest at some downed trees and such resulted in the LOD of the log flickering between high and low LOD rapidly. Kind of like Z-fighting but with LOD (which, speaking of which, Z-fighting still seems to be a problem. It seemed more or less fixed awhile back but in the last dozen betas or so seems to be worse).

i also experienced problem on "02: Parachute Jump"

i can't skydiving after the first conversation...:(

I'd like to point out an other major MP bug (again).

If buildings got destroyed during a mission, they are magically intact on clients that JIPed in after the building has been destroyed.

This leads to weird situations where players hide behind buildings that only they can see, because in fact they have been destroyed a long time ago, and so on.

This is really a very big issue for long missions that tend to have a lot of JIPing players (maybe even for DayZ).

Ticket: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/18492

Cheers,

D.

i clear "05: Fixed-wing/VTOL". but can't seem to clear.

(can't add green box on left of mission title)