Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

ARMA 2: OA beta build 92612 (1.60 MP compatible build, post 1.60 release)

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[92612] Fixed: SelectPlayer in MP can break the Direct Chat or cause other MP issues.

[92582] Fixed: AI detection after load

Thank you!

------------------------------------------------

For 92612, could this fix a possible problem that I have noticed for a while (Arma1) where some times various people in a multiplayer game could not see other players chat (not only Direct)? What is SelectPlayer, an editor command used in missions I guess?

I never reported it because it was so damn hard to make a repro for it. One of the ways I spotted it was playing on line with 2 PCs right next to each other. Some times one PC could not see chat by other certain players on the same server.

Hope it is the same, because it can cause a lot of confusion (and bad feeling) online.

Edited by -=seany=-

Hope it fixes direct chat on DayZ mod too.

[92612] Fixed: SelectPlayer in MP can break the Direct Chat or cause other MP issues.

What are the "other MP issues"?

unimportant ... it's experimental fix

anyway another fix is more crash fixes

Will be the AI path finding improved at all in ArmA 2, or your just sparing it for marketing move in Arma 3 ?

Is the question. :)

Edit: In addition maybe it would help to sell Arma 2 series even more till Arma 3 comes out, in all cases more money for the BI company.

Edited by raptor90

I can't DL from the Beta page. It'sa asking me for a username and password to log onto the FTP server. Any ideas anyone?

I can't DL from the Beta page. It'sa asking me for a username and password to log onto the FTP server. Any ideas anyone?

:confused: strange... I downloaded now, have not asked for password and login

Waypoint deleting seem to be broken - If I have unit named a with one waypoint, it finishes it always. This code dosent seem to work: :S

while {(count (waypoints group a)) > 0} do
{
deleteWaypoint ((waypoints group a) select 0);
};

Anyone else noticing the same?

Edit: Same bug with 1.60 without beta.

Edit2: Seems to be broken only for waypoints that are placed in editor. For spawned waypoints it works normally.

Edited by SaOk

units can never have zero waypoints. if you delete all, a new one is created at their current position

Yeah, but the AI continues to the old waypoint position far away from his own position. Anyway I dont used editor placed waypoints. Only noticed the bug while testing one new function.

I can not get this beta patch to work, game crashes with a error message saying:

Direct3D 9 graphical engine.

HAZ

Anyone know why I am getting the problem I posted above ? I have downloaded the new beta and will test now.

HAZ out...