Sign in to follow this  
walker

BREAKING NEWS! The Octopus realy does exist and it really is run by Goldman Sachs.

Hi all

In reply to PELHAM.

I was refering to David Leigh at the Guardian's activities. When he secretly broke the contract they had with the organisation that cannot be named in this forum, and shipped everything off to Israel. Other media did similar contract breaking activities it is discussed in the press releases. Subsequently when the contents of the the stratfor emails became available, it became clear just how stratfor control media output.

The list of "journalist" on Stratfor's payroll should make interesting reading.

Kind regards. Walker

Edited by walker
grammar

(Can we not name Wikileaks? I have serched both moderator threads and the rules?)

So Stratfor pays people for gathering information, how wicked, it's obviously a global conspiracy. But wait, isn't that what journalists do? Aren't journalists paid to gather information and interview people. Do all journalists work exclusively or do they freelance? This "story of the century" of yours does not appear on the front page of any newspaper. Does Stratfor have the money and the influence to make that happen? It really isn't likely is it? Wikileaks is trying to claim that Stratfor, a small media and analysis company of 600 employees, has bought off the entire worlds media. It's absurd.

The future of journalism may not be clear, but if the media are ignoring Assange it's because they think that publishing stories under the direction of a single person with an agenda isn't journalism. It's dictatorship - the thing we are all supposed to abhore.

I think this guy says it in a nutshell:

Stratfor Is a Joke and So Is Wikileaks for Taking It Seriously

The corporate research firm has branded itself as a CIA-like "global intelligence" firm, but only Julian Assange and some over-paying clients are fooled.

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/02/stratfor-is-a-joke-and-so-is-wikileaks-for-taking-it-seriously/253681/

Edited by PELHAM

(Can we not name Wikileaks? I have serched both moderator threads and the rules?)

Once upon a time I vaguely recall some silly reason for closing a Wikileaks thread, and I think that's why Walker is under the impression that he must be coy about mentioning them now. Of course, it's painfully obvious what "the organization that shall not be named" means, so really, it's a pointless charade (which fits well with the overarching theme of the thread as a whole if you ask me).

Edited by ST_Dux
typo

The future of journalism may not be clear, but if the media are ignoring Assange it's because they think that publishing stories under the direction of a single person with an agenda isn't journalism. It's dictatorship - the thing we are all supposed to abhore.

The idea behind a massive leak is not usually to have an agenda. It's to leak some source (ie, facts, things, without opinion) and crowd-source their analysis (ie, use numerous people available on the net to achieve a huge data mining task) to make factual conclusion. (btw, again, this is something new that was not possible before Internet)

It shouldn't bear any opinion, if possible.

I would discount the text/opinions accompanying the leak, and just read the mails. Which in this case, would just tell me : "what a useless leak!" :)

If media discount Assange leaks just because they come from Assange, that'd be silly. These mails were written in the first place, and Wikileaks didn't forge them, they just make them public. They show things I've no real reason to question. They show some facts.

Just, these are useless facts :)

This "story of the century" of yours does not appear on the front page of any newspaper.

In Germany they said at TV that they have to check the informations before they have a statement. Sounds reasonable. After all, 5 000 000 emails aren´t read in 10 min.

On the other side, there´s a lot of BIG shit in the world you maybe never heard from. The history shows well enough how such things get handled.

In the end they all try to sacrifice a pawn.

The idea behind a massive leak is not usually to have an agenda. It's to leak some source (ie, facts, things, without opinion) and crowd-source their analysis (ie, use numerous people available on the net to achieve a huge data mining task) to make factual conclusion.

Ideally so, but that, unfortunately, is not what happens in practice. Assange says he is for and against certain things. Then you learn that what he is for and against don't apply to himself or his organisation, he doesn't practice the openess he says others should. The most revealling thing is that last year he Trade Marked himself. Yes, "Jullian Assange TM". Turning your name into a trademark is an increasingly common legal move for celebrities seeking to protect the commercial use of their name to sell goods and services. I'm not sure what his agenda is exactly but from this and other things I can take a fairly accurate guess.

I neither doubt nor deny this info, in fact, I believe it, but after that edited Apache video, I do not take "TinfoilHat(dot)com" seriously at all.

Ideally so, but that, unfortunately, is not what happens in practice. Assange says he is for and against certain things. Then you learn that what he is for and against don't apply to himself or his organisation, he doesn't practice the openess he says others should. The most revealling thing is that last year he Trade Marked himself. Yes, "Jullian Assange TM". Turning your name into a trademark is an increasingly common legal move for celebrities seeking to protect the commercial use of their name to sell goods and services. I'm not sure what his agenda is exactly but from this and other things I can take a fairly accurate guess.

Case in point : you don't have to care about his opinions. He (well, somebody) released some sources, we can just read them. The opinion of the whistle blower is irrelevant. He's just going to push is opinions through what type of material he decides to release and what not, but at least sources are there.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's ideal, some things probably should be carefully thought out before being released, most of the datas in a leak are useless making datamining tough, etc.... But it's better than nothing. IN current case, very slightly better than nothing ;)

It could be argued that trademarking your name is also a protection against such activity.... :)

I know it is very, very, far-fetched, but it is things like this that make me think that the only way forward for humanity as a race is to remove money from the equation and proceed forward for the advancement of our race rather than for more money.

I know it is very, very, far-fetched, but it is things like this that make me think that the only way forward for humanity as a race is to remove money from the equation and proceed forward for the advancement of our race rather than for more money.

Unimaginably bad idea. Money is one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind.

Have to agree, we need some kind of trading system. May it be money, jewels or bird shit.

The interest (zinsen in german) starts the trouble. That´s a huge theme and very interesting. Have a look at the history of interest and you will see what i mean.

Sadly i have no english-speaking links for you. There are some great documentarys about in germany.

Money IS the driving force for human advancement.

Money is one of the greatest inventions in the history of mankind.

Right. That's why 20.000 children starve to death every single day, despite the fact that we have the natural resources to feed them.

The monetary system requires infinite growth, yet the planet has limited resources. It's impossible.

The monetary system doesn't work and never has. If you look at the big picture: The survival of our species as a whole, and intelligent management of the planet's resources. Sustainability.

Sustainability is the greatest enemy of the monetary system. If you would create the best, most sustainable product possible, people wouldn't buy a new one every year and throw away the old. We are wasting resources and polluting the planet just for profit. Not for the better good of all humans.

XDhSgCsD_x8

Sorry for Off Topic.

Right. That's why 20.000 children starve to death every single day, despite the fact that we have the natural resources to feed them.

The monetary system requires infinite growth, yet the planet has limited resources. It's impossible.

The monetary system doesn't work and never has. If you look at the big picture: The survival of our species as a whole, and intelligent management of the planet's resources. Sustainability.

Sustainability is the greatest enemy of the monetary system. If you would create the best, most sustainable product possible, people wouldn't buy a new one every year and throw away the old. We are wasting resources and polluting the planet just for profit. Not for the better good of all humans.

XDhSgCsD_x8

Sorry for Off Topic.

I agree 200% with this your statement.

Money as a currency is not the problem, the idea that money can produce interest by itself by just beeing transfered forth and back somewhere is the problem. the Infaltion all over the world in the last 20 years has it's origin here...speculation does not make any valuable goods, it just increases the amoutn of currency and thereby fueling further Inflation, both by increasinf the price of raw metarials and by making profit three times from the same goods, increasing money mass but not the valuable goods mass.

Edited by Beagle

getting back to issue of biased mainstream media

we have currently smoke screen in PL since few days, all TV stations are keeping on and on informing about "salt crime" (few companies were using dirty salt to put them into food) and this is main info everywhere

but...

but...

apart of this smoke screen in media, what is signed today in EU ? is it not fiscal pact and our tax will go for banksters ? second of March is today, is it not a day of signing fiscal pact ? since few days in PL media i heard ONLY about "dirty salt was sold to food companies"

Hi. Walker, what do you think about [1]? I'm not too familiar with the subject (wikileaks pissed off some group that's supposed to rule part of the world, right? -- no irony) and I'm _NOT_ favouring any side. In the end of article there's little FUD about Wikileaks.

[1] http://www.theatlantic.com/international/print/2012/02/stratfor-is-a-joke-and-so-is-wikileaks-for-taking-it-seriously/253681/

Edited by batto

since few days in PL media i heard ONLY about "dirty salt was sold to food companies"

+ grand opening of that goddamn stadium in Warsaw and ugly mug of that Brussels dog Donald Tusk. That's what we see on the TV everyday, gov media feed us with this bulshitting propaganda of success, Euro 2012 event and smiling Tusk. I'm so happy that I do not watch TV. I'm not planning to watch this fucking Euro 2012 either, I don't care about anythiong that liar Tusk serves. nevertheless the real problem is that main events like more attention and discussion to fiscal pact are pushed away by propaganda and smoke screens.

Why the fuck no one didn't ask me If I want to send my taxmoney to Greece to save their ridiculously high retirement pension, why? Why the hell I'm supposed to help Greece while my comrades have serious problems with surviving to the end of every month. This is ridiculous :[ Where's the exit button from the EU ?

Mainstream media didn't inform us exactly how crisis was solved in Iceland. Icelanders didn't ask for euro money, they solved the problem on their own, and key people were put on trial.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%932011_Icelandic_financial_crisis#Political_aftermath

polish links

http://beatrycze.nowyekran.pl/post/44174,islandzka-lekcja-dla-calego-swiata

http://www.demokracjabezposrednia.pl/node/1021

and people earning 400, 500 Euro will be forced to tax-support people earning 2000 Euro + banksters earning bilions :/

of course noone said about Island, of course, cause all mainstream media are corrupted like Walker shown in this topic , if only more people read internet and knew foreign languages... not only mainstream keeping on inform about "everything is okay"

they even changed statistic methods of counting income in society to raise "average payment" (which was criticized by main economist of bank)

Whatever amount as bailout will be send to Greece . . . 90% will be immediately sacked by the banks. Goldman & Sachs most probably. So where's the sense to send that money if it isn't destined to help the Greece people. We should audit the banks all over the world then we would know how much wrong doings and fraud they committed. Our politicians are just useless they are part of the problem and not the solution

Sorry for this off topic and my little rant.

Regarding Euro 2012:

The Euro 2012 will serve as a testing ground for the INDECT System. Everyone who goes there will most likely be profiled.