SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

A possible bug report:

In my last game of I44, I saw groups of AI infantry hopping on disabled tanks and sitting there until the game was over or the tank blew up (there was nothing in the mission that ordered them to - they did that 'on their own').

I was using ASR_AI too, so this might not be I44's fault (and that's why I didn't post it in your CIT) - but if so, consider this a bug report ;)

I'll try to replicate this without ASR_AI as soon as possible.

Other than that (and the stuttering on Merderet already reported in your CIT), we had a lot of fun in our 22 player COOP/TvT-mission mix.

Great job once again: lovely models and maps, great sounds, awesome features :D

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov
type-O!

Well my point is just ... how do we get the amount of players that we can see on the PR server? Not only maxplayers 16 -20. I mean INV44 is a great mod!!

Suggestion anyone?

In my last game of I44, I saw groups of AI infantry hopping on disabled tanks and sitting there until the game was over or the tank blew up (there was nothing in the mission that ordered them to - they did that 'on their own').

Sounds odd, at a guess could be behaviour from the AI mod you are running, or it could be an issue with our Armor module, as tanks are rarely destroyed straight away, do you know if the infantry also manned the interior spots? Or were just catching a ride on the outside despite crew spots being empty? Be interesting to see what you find out thanks for checking it out.

Well my point is just ... how do we get the amount of players that we can see on the PR server? Not only maxplayers 16 -20. I mean INV44 is a great mod!!

I think PR's advantage is it has a limited selection of servers concentrating the PVP playerbase, as anyone can run an I44 server things can get a bit diluted either by choice (some prefer low numbers / coop only) or by location (playing on a local area server for lower pings). There's a few dedicated tournaments opening up but not everyone wants to sign up for new websites/forums etc. We had hoped to run a few more 'official' events but with development taking up most of our time we haven't been able to do any since 2.6's release. However any servers running public events or trying to gather players for larger (especially TvT) sessions are more than welcome to let us know and we'll do our best to publicise them on our forums (which you should be free to browse without signing up).

Expanding the TvT system we have from Battlegrounds will be an ongoing process, Frizy and Faust did a great job with them and I'd love to see them played more regularly with large numbers, I've already chatted with Pedersen about things he'd like to see added to them, and we do welcome further suggestions.

Work on 2.62 is going at a steady rate, we're hoping to include a few new units and replacement models, more of which you'll also be seeing in future patches as our artists roll them out. You can monitor our progress over on our WIP forums, and via our Dev-Heaven page.

Suggestion anyone?

I would say that it takes a dedicated clan/unit that sets up a PvP server and seeds the server til a solid player base forms. And if they do this, they need to advertise the server thru I44 forums, Steam groups etc so ppl would be aware that now there is a chance to play I44 PvP with a lot of players. Cos e.g. I stopped completely looking like weeks ago if there would be a I44 PvP server up with players and go straight to PR which has a game going on almost 24/7.

It would also help that if few clans would work together for this same goal and not stubbornly just try to seed their own servers. I would prefer 1 server with 50 players rather than 4 servers with 10 players on each.

Hey guys Congratulations on this mod must have been a long time coming and lots of work Involved. Ive got a question though and I wanted to post it on your main forums but I'm currently awaiting approval. SO here it is I built this magnificent Airfield with WWII Feel and style setup I Go on my mission to Bomb I come back with the B-17 and roll up to an ammo truck and Nothing... I tried several different approaches from different Directions and Nothing seems to give me more bombs. Anyone know how I can get the Bombs and ammo to replenish on the B-17 and for that matter I haven't tested this yet but I'm betting the Ammo trucks don't work the fighters either...Thanks guys hope someone knows the Answer Also I thought I would report the See through helmets as I saw someone else had reported on your main Forums but again I cant post yet As for the B-17 itself the one thing I noticed that's a little eye sore is that the Bombardiers feet stick out of the front of the Aircraft main nose glass but if you fly from the cockpit its not a problem.Thanks again hope to hear back soon I would like to post my airfields as a template if anyone is interested.

I have a question to other's playing with I44, does the P08 Luger's iron sights lower than the actual point of impact? (Almost a full meter at a distance)

B-17 and roll up to an ammo truck and Nothing... I tried several different approaches from different Directions and Nothing seems to give me more bombs. Anyone know how I can get the Bombs and ammo to replenish on the B-17 and for that matter I haven't tested this yet but I'm betting the Ammo trucks don't work the fighters either

First off I'm almost 100% sure the planes can all be rearmed as I've done it myself several times on various missions without extra scripting. It could be possible that the B17 won't reload its bombs due to it not actually carrying single bombs, and its single 'bomb' activates the script which drops the load. But as mentioned plenty of times now, planes are being overhauled for 2.7 as many aren't originally from I44 sources (see the Few mod).

I have a question to other's playing with I44, does the P08 Luger's iron sights lower than the actual point of impact? (Almost a full meter at a distance)

Depends what kind of distance you're shooting from, pistols don't have much of a range and really are only there as a last resort in close combat. Its possible however the actual memory points for a specific units iron sight aim positions are off (not the weapon itself) so when using it as a certain class they can appear misaligned (its a bug the crept in on some units though I think most have now been fixed). If you find the latter is the case please report the issue with details of which unit specifically you've found the issue on.

I think I noticed this though I haven't shot it extensively,I also noticed that the 1911 from a distance of over 25 meters shoots left a tad. I wanted to help people out with the B-17 for those that Are Vintage Aircraft fans. I saw some posts about the B-17 gunner POSITIONS and how they were HARD TO GET INTO due to you having to search the Fuselage of the Aircraft for each seat Entry for every gunner position available. I myself had some issues locating the seats and after reading up on I44s Aircraft a bit I found out that the Aircraft most likely will not be updated and that they originate from the Mod the "The Few."

Having found this out I have managed to get loading the Aircraft with 10-11 crew down to a Science and went from taking several minutes to load a crew to just seconds by using(NON GROUPED! PLAYABLE UNITS) I placed A Bomber Pilot,Co-Pilot and I believe 8 gunners not including the Bombardier. Heres how to load the Crew of a Fully Functional B-17

1.Start first by making the Bomber Pilot as Player.

2.Start the game and switch from Pilot to Gunner LOad all your gunners first.

3.Then Load Co-Pilot

4. Load Pilot If you do pilot first and then switch the AI will take over pilot and he will Roll away before you can load everyone in so (LOAD IN PILOT LAST!!)

I Found each exact location On the Aircraft and Screen shot them with a short description of how to get into each Position.

Here are the Screenshots of how to approach each position on the Aircraft from Gunner to pilot Follow these images Carefully and You will be able to load a B-17 crew Tail to nose, within seconds. I HOPE THIS HELPS OTHERS WHO GOT FRUSTRATED.

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/24/tailgunnerv.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/7914/rightwaistgun.jpg

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/4330/leftwaistgun.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/5271/ballturret.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6245/topneckgun.jpg

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/6544/topturret.jpg

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/342/rightcheekgunfrompilots.jpg

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9558/leftcheekgunfrompilotse.jpg

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6359/bombardierseat.jpg

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/4194/copilotseat.jpg

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/2959/pilotseat.jpg

Wait a few seconds after mission start each position has to load separately due to them being separate Vehicles.

Lots of pictures but each one is a picture of the Position, where to aim to enter it ,and How to get the Option to Appear. Again this may be simple for some but I saw other post about troubles with this and so I thought I would take the time to help out.

You can feel free to do whatever you want with these images so long as it is to help the Community,"The Few Mod" and "Invasion 1944 Mod" If anyone would like they could make a pdf of these Images to help with the I44 users.

Thanks Guys Hope this helps.

EDIT:

Wow PAc you beat me to the post I was gonna post and refreshed then saw your answer there. Yes I'm aware of the Few Origin of the Mod for the Planes as for the Reload of the Bombs its doesn't do it with the Ammo truck but I fixed that with an old script I had from OA Demo Rearm.sqf Works like a charm again and again. For anyone else interested here ya go. This Script is by "Weasel"

// Written by Weasel [PXS] - andy@andymoore.ca

// This script rearms, refuels, and repairs vehicles.

// Vehicles must be less than height 2 (typically landed, if air vehicles) and must remain in the

// trigger area for 3 seconds. It then drains all fuel, repairs, rearms, and refuels.

//

// Setup a trigger area to activate this (F3 in map editor) with the following settings:

//

// Trigger REPEATEDLY, BLUFOR, PRESENT

// Name: Rearmlist

// Condition: this;

// Activation: {[_x] execVM "rearm.sqf"} foreach thislist;

//

// Warning: If this trigger area overlaps another trigger area (such as ammo-transport Scripts), sometimes

// things don't work as planned. Keep this seperate if you can.

_unit = _this select 0;

// Don't start the script until the unit is below a height of 2, and make sure they hold that

// height for at least 3 seconds.

WaitUntil{(getPos _unit select 2)<2};

sleep 3;

if((getPos _unit select 2)>2 || not (_unit in list Rearmlist)) exitWith{};

_unit setFuel 0;

_unit VehicleChat "Repairing...";

sleep 15;

_unit setDammage 0;

_unit VehicleChat "Rearming...";

sleep 10;

_unit setVehicleAmmo 1;

_unit VehicleChat "Refueling...";

sleep 5;

_unit setFuel 1;

_unit VehicleChat "Finished.";

if(true) exitWith{};

Edited by Eaglezero6205
added Video

Eaglezero,

I'm not sure which mission version you are playing of I44, but on CTI the ammo truck won't rearm the B-17, nor will bumping into the service point. This is the only plane in the game like this. I usually buy a repair,fuel,ammo truck and set them up close to the runway with their backs towards the tarmac. When I complete a bombing run, I simply land and taxi the plane towards the rear of the truck. A few seconds, and i'm refueled and rearmed. The only way I have been successful in rearming B-17 is through the tactical menu, and by choosing service point. But again thats just in CTI.

I'm sure things will be quite different in 2.7

For those interested I have some pics of the WWII Style Airfields I built on Merderet but they are Templates I have One Axis and one Allied Airfield they can be moved if there is enough room where you want to place them. I used objects from Arma2CO, I44 Objects and MAP EU for the Runway,Tower,HQ and Hangars. I love Vinatge Aircraft and saw that there weren't any Vintage Airfields on the maps so I built my own Yeah the Runway looks somewhat new and I was original wanting a mud field but it allows for smooth take offs and landings I made them capable for the p-38 to Takeoff Flaps up with some leeway for a takeoff Malfunction. The B-17 doesn't take much runway in I44 so these lengths should suffice for almost any Aircraft in I44. I did not add any C-47s though I am gogin to be making another Airfield as well for the British. We used Manston quite a bit but its too big for these maps and the classic A style and shape Runways most likely wont fit either though Im going to build one there most likely wont be room for Axis and Allied fields not to mention Frame rate issues. Ive done some Bombing runs and dogfights with lots of Enemy up to 4 flights of Mixed Axis Aircraft and not a single hit though this doesn't speak to others systems. Next Im gonna be working on Axis and Allied POW camps.

If You want the templates just hollar,And thank you guys at I44 team this is bringing back my days on Janes WII Fighters .Heres the Pics Enjoy.

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/1749/gunnerviewaa.jpg

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/1841/strafe1.jpg

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7480/p51gold.jpg

http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/2779/p47flyby1.jpg

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/8633/p38flyby1.jpg

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/869/b17flyby1.jpg

Axis Airfield Pics (less because of the 2 CTDs.)

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9774/axis3.jpg

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9760/axis2p.jpg

I forgot to Mention I may have found a bug not sure but after placing down an MG42 Tripod and making Player as Gunner I got a CTD with Error Arma2 Reinforcements has stopped working. Not once but twice everything else works fine but when I make gunner playable on the MG42 tripod I crash to Desktop.It may have to do with me Scripting him to be on top of the Control Tower.Using this setpos [(getpos this select 0), (getpos this select 1), 13];

Edited by Eaglezero6205

zDRLIJ7JhIo?hd=1

Edited by Algrab

Suggestion anyone?

There are lots of players who are reluctant to download mods (especially big ones) as well as those who tend to stick to SP. A decent campaign for i44 would encourage players to download the mod; the remarkable quality of i44 cannot fail to impress them & tend to whet their appetite for some MP action. I'm in the second category partly because I'm limited to mobile BB, & also 'cos I'm still crap as a player & likely to be more dangerous to team-mates than to the enemy :eek:

Heh, when I get my HAC + DAC Podagorsk campaign worth releasing I might just have a go at an i44 one (but please don't hold your breath, I find blue faces frightfully unappealing).

BR

Orcinus

..... The B-17 doesn't take much runway in I44 so these lengths should suffice for almost any Aircraft in I44.....

Not realistic, as with take-off distances (and landing) for C47 and Junkers. Expect some change on those.

Just a very quick brief bit of news about 2.62, we're slowly making some progress and hopefully should have a new patch out for you guys pretty soon (hopefully sometime in the next couple weeks), other than general fixes and tweaks to the interface/function we'll also be adding a few new replacement models (Panzer II, Panther, M1 Garand, Panzerfausts), as well as a new set of British Winter wear troops, its hoped we'll be doing more of as we progress towards 2.7 and the plane overhaul Gnat's been working hard on in his little corner. I'll try and put together some media for everyone to see a bit later today!

Yeah Rgr that I know the takeoff and landings are not right But I was just talking about for now My runways are long enough to get them up and down no problme the P-38 seems to need the most runway of all out of all these in the I44 mod and I have enough room for it as well as a takeoff malfunction with the Runways I have set up for my Airfeild Templates. I have been really looking into Molesworth Airfield UK and Home of the 303rd Bombardment Group who Flew the B-17. I am working on bomber missions only problem I see so far is there's not enough room for an in depth Bomber run and Puting a Nordon bombsite on the B-17 is really puzzling me I thought I had it but there was a set back. I also have tried large formations of B-17s at 30,000 ft int he Sim 9150meters up and it takes a while to hit the target with the Payload. Ive tested from 500meters up and it takes around 8 seconds after all bombs have dropped and left the bay for Impact from 500. I have considered maybe using DBO Afghanistan by Deanos Beanos for a good Bombing mission with fair distance and enough time for a straight flight path to reach High Altitude for heavy large formation bombing. I wish there was a way to switch crew members without having to place an empty Bomber though. My Concern also is if you get hit in single player because I place all my crew UN grouped in the B-17 empty I cant tell all of them bail they just fall out and no chutes. So Im looking at linking the Group eject.sqs from my demo missions with a addaction Crew eject just in case I go down I can get all my crew out and not just myself. A good pilot makes sure his crews out first.

Thx guys for the hard work ...... :)

M1 Garand by Yac:

m13dx.th.jpg m12xj.th.jpg m11d.th.jpg

PzKpfwII (Panzer II F)

Model by Vex_man / Blackwatch

Texture by Snorri

18121222.th.jpg 18214816.th.jpg 68855561.th.jpg

My Concern also is if you get hit in single player because I place all my crew UN grouped in the B-17 empty I cant tell all of them bail they just fall out and no chutes. So Im looking at linking the Group eject.sqs from my demo missions with a addaction Crew eject just in case I go down I can get all my crew out and not just myself. A good pilot makes sure his crews out first.

Could you use join or joinsilent to group the crew under your command just before issuing the eject order? - which could have the added interest of leading them in an E&E scenario if you land in enemy-held territory.

@PacUK: those are really pretty, congrats to the modellers.

BR

Orcinus

All looking good Pac, as usual. The nicely detailed modeled wheels and track on the Panzer 2 look fantastic. The 'down the sights' view on the Garand looks fantastic as well. Great work all round.

Incidentally, will you be swapping the helmets on the US infantry for the higher detailed ones on the US airborne at some stage?

I'll try something like this but Ill have to see where to add that also the Script isnt mine Group eject was written by someone else I forget who now not looking at it currently but I do think that would definitely be excellent to have for when your down E&E would be hard to constantly teamswtich the Team with until you got to where you were headed. Without helicopters like nowadays the only hope of rescue is your own two feet pounding the ground to the nearest vehicle. Unless you can find a clearing and a radio to get a pickup from a passenger plane but that would be risky considering an entire bomber crew would need a C-47 which has no defense. Whatever the plan you need your team ready to fight and having them grouped helps your chance of survival. Happy Easter to the COmmunity and the I44 Team Congrats on the Garand and Tank Looks sweet I like the texture on the Garand as well.

Incidentally, will you be swapping the helmets on the US infantry for the higher detailed ones on the US airborne at some stage?

Its a possibility, but a surprisingly HUGE amount of work (as I found out sorting the helmets for just the 101st Winter troops *shudders thinking about it*) right now we've no plans for it and a lot of other bits to consider, but I have been promising BigStone camo netted helmets on the standard infantry for a long while now ;) So I'll try and add it to one of my weekend projects and see how it goes.

Oh Eaglezero6205 just to let you know we are looking at some changes to the B17's functionality for 2.7 (or rather Gnat has) but as ArmA2's flight engine is a bit limited I doubt we'll ever have it up to the standard of say B17 Flying Fortress 2 (just thinking back to that game and my lack of a manual and the month it took me before I found out there was a skip time to action rather than just speeding time up to 4x speed I spent far too many hours flying that beast) without the chance of realistic bombing heights etc. But we are hoping to have a more stable unit than the current one, with more flexibility and control over your bomber crew, right now the attachto weapons are the main issue with crew not bailing and so on, but as there are MAJOR changes coming for the plane overhaul I would suggest to you as I have to others not to waste too much of your own time fixing them and just play around them for now :)

Thanks all for your continued support, hopefully we can keep our current momentum going with your help and continue to pump out new content and improvements to the mod, there's some real treats coming up that I'm sure everyone will enjoy. Keep an eye out over on our public forums for more news and media of upcoming additions to I44, as well as information on clans, campaigns, user missions and more over on our website and public forums!

@Eaglezero6205: you could always just add a script to be called once from the action menu, call that first and then you shouldn't need to modify the Group Eject script (though I could easily be wrong :)

Yeah, E&E would be quite different in i44 to that in the modern scenarios. As it would be unpredictable it could add a new dimension to SP missions, maybe also to MP. Good luck with your development.

My group actually has a SERE or "E&E mission using I44. We fly in different C-47's from different flight paths that automatically eject us. We then know that our general Egress point is in the south and use the stars to navigate. We have UPSMON spawn enemy patrols at random, and occasionally will run into one another and use our challenge words so as not to shoot each other.

It takes about three to five hours even on a clear night to finish it, but it can be done without all of the fancy GPS, maps, or anything else. You can get lucky though and search some of the enemy AI for maps, a compass, or what have you, but our mission maker has thought of that also. It makes for some fun nights only having a pistol, two mags, two grenades and that's it.

Hey gnat any chance you'll be working with the I44 team to add your FW190,I like that model and it has great textures I44 is missing the FW190 its too bad there arnot any B-24,B-25,B26 Models for Arma2 Id love to see them in I44.

I know you guys are pedal to the medal on this mod and making adjustments to each thing a little bit at a time. I appreciate that you guys are open to suggestions. I figured because everything is going to be WIP for a while till you have it tuned just right that messing around with major things wont really help due to the updates coming out which fix the little things here and there so I wont try messing with too much. I appreciate the replies also Pac.

I fiddled around with the B-17 on PMC 51km Map today and I took off to reach the High Altitude bombing point at 9150Meters Up (= to 30,000ft ) and No matter how hard i tried to baby it I cant get it above max Altitude 8,800 Meters Up at a speed of 160knots at altitude and any higher you stall at 117-120knots so its very close to being capable but I hit a snag (FUEL!) I was empty after flying across the map from city to city started at Airbase 3 went top right corner down into the lower right then into the upper left ran out of Fuel and engines shut off I glided her all the way back from the upper left hand corner ,off map to Airbase 3 Runway without a scratch on landing.She Can do it but fuel for the Mission will be an issue and if the fuel Amount is increased in ability the weight I believe will also go up making it even less capable of High Altitude Bomb runs at 30,000ft. Not 100% sure though and I dont know if the Bombs actually add weight to the Aircraft either I dont think they do considering its called by script but if they do thats another factor Just INcase ON my way back to base at 7000m I salvoed my bombs to make me lighter for the glide home. Hope this information helps.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Great mod!

I love making missions with full companies but missing SdKfz 251/17 as panzergrenadier HQ vehicle.

If you are going for another release could you please fix the shotgun dispersion bug? (The dispersion remains in weapon class and in bullet's simulation)