SFG

Invasion 1944 v2.6 (CO)

Gentleman,

I wanted to make a quick post on something just a note for those using my WarMods with I44.

Do not run COWarMod with I44.

Do not A2WarMod with I44.

refer to my CoWarMod thread for further details on why, as this is I44's thread, I dont want to get of topic here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?121837-COWarMod-Release

Thank you.

Woh!

very nice, beautifully done, i like it.

Dont mean to be a drag, but if a moderator comes on here and sees the pic, and checks the size he might delete it as its over size

I would reduce the size of the pic, or provide a link as the size of the pic is breaking forum rules:

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post.

If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

But its awesome none the less. Nice vivid detail.

Im sorry but I have to figure this out.

(Again the Parachutes for I44 how do you add them to a unit?)

Like you would in ace . This addweapon "ACE_PARACHUTEROUNDPACK"; <---I know this isnt how to I44 but its how you would in ace. Surely theres a way to do it for an Individual unit. I have de- Pboed every last possible source to get parachutes and I cant find it. Whats odd is when I place parachute under list of units as flying the default green for BLUFOR US army units is replaced with the Old style white ones that I need. SO I KNOW ITS possible. But I need it for a default B17 crew or at least the I44 Gunners.

Csj_chute, Csj_I44_config, Csj_ww2pilot,Csj_aninms,I44_base scripts,I44_a_man_pir,I44_a_man_usaf,I44_pilot,I44_scripts_cargo,I44 Scripts_csw,I44_scripts_hns, I44 _scripts_vehicles,I44_vehicle_c47,csJ_b17,I44_vehicle_parachute, and TheFew

I even took apart the Aloft mission where I noticed that on the" go go go" trigger Groupeject.sqf was used. However in the folder Scripts "ejectwest.sqf" is there, not "groupeject.sqf". How did you pull this off?

As long as this mod has been out I figured it would have already been answered about the chutes . Ive read through all the forums and NOPE. I see that some units have them built in and some don't. When I use Group eject.sqf nothing happens other then them exiting the plane. Even with an all playable crew in B-17 only 3 jump with chutes. Where as in a default blue B17 placed on the map, only I have a chute.

I need Chutes for my crew members. Ive tried adding the Classnames for the chutes but I keep getting config errors.

Please Respond. Thanks. Oh and AXIS Very Nice pics indeed.

The parachute is not an item you carry, its applied when disembarking an aircraft in flight, however the B17 is not a standard plane, the gun turrets are static weapons just like a tripod on and MG42 attached by scripts to the plane vehicle. So when you eject it doesn't act to create a parachute by the engine alone. CSJ did have scripts which added this effect but in our work to get the vehicles themselves functioning correctly in multiplayer, the chute scripts were dropped. With the 2.7 aircraft overhaul we're hoping to implement the new support for turrets on planes which should mean the gunners will be able to eject with a chute without any extra scripting.

The Waffen SS Unteroffiziere have Placeholder textures on their Schulterklappen.

is this is direct competition for Iron Front Liberation 1944 or is it the original for it? because it sure looks the same. here is the games website I am referring to. Definitely a Bohemia based game engine just look at the editor pic.

Iron Front is a seperate stand-alone commercial game that uses the the Arma Engine licensed from BI. I44 is a free community based mod for Arma 2 Combined Ops. The two are separate.

Iron front i believe is the old Libmod team from OFP making their own game now, Iron front guys are Russian, same for the LIbmod team, so i think they are the same guys.

I44 team has been around since OFP, they are both separate mods, and great mods at that!

Im gonna have a great mission ready soon. I'll ditch the parachutes for now,I'm looking forward to your 2.7 patch. Ive got a great mission for those Vintage Bomber lovers. Ive run into a couple of snags but once they are cleared up this should be a Community quality mission. I hope you guys like long flights into enemy territory.

Ive got another small question about the Bombers though. In gun.sqs written by Csj in the early days of the Few mod isn't wanting to jive with the game.

I'm not sure if this is because the script was designed to be used before he made it so that the player could enter the guns, or if he made it to allow the player to ride in the gunner position of a Crewed, (Editor Blue) B-17

Do you guys use this script ,or maybe another script, to allow the player to ride as a gunner in a crewed B-17, Or is this not possible yet, and is another issue being addressed in the new update?

@Eaglezero6205

will this/these mission(s) be SP or MP?

and to I44 dev:

in the next update, will the ArmA 2 healing/wound/drag system work or not?

Dont see a gun.sqs ....... so guess they're not using it.

As for getting a solution to the gunner issue, I myself can either;

a) Spend what little time I have helping everyone who wants temparary fixes for current aircraft

b) Spend that time repairing/modifying current aircraft for a new replease.

..... I'm doing (b)

Suggest you try a different tack

Try going to the Scripting sub forum and Search/Asking help for a script that will;

-Search X radius for all (empty?) static weapons;

---class B17_StaticWeapon

---or classes "B17_tailGUN", "B17_ballGUN", "B17_topGUN", "B17_waistGUN", "B17_backGUN", "B17_cheekGUN", "B17_noseGUN"

-Kick AI out of the seat

-Take player and move them into gunner seat.

@ Wiki

Multi player Definitely I tested it with a friend of mine and after a long flight and a nice land at base having lost half my group to fighters and flak guns we enjoyed it very much so. Theres some little issues I want to fix and Im trying to get a hold of a few people but no dice as of yet. Ive been told this mission is unique and that we currently don't have this kind available.

@Gnat

INGUN.SQS but dont worry about it. Its not a problem.

Like I said I await anxiously the results of the 2.7 patch . Its fine the way I have it set up now I will try your suggestion Gnat I appreciate it.

I can always add extra stuff in an update later on like after 2.7 gets released but for now its a general Concept. You can currently play as a few things and I even have it set up for an entire Crew of MP players to go on the raid should they wish to share a B-17.

Good luck with the mod and your updates guys. Sorry to bother anyone.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

and to I44 dev:

in the next update, will the ArmA 2 healing/wound/drag system work or not?

Getting the standard A2 healing system to work in MP I believe is a general nightmare, hence the many scripted alternatives. We developed our own set of wounding scripts with dragging system for MP instead, but it does not work with AI units (at least for now). There's also a basic heal (which may or may not be in 2.61/2.62 I forget) that was added so medics could still heal without our wounding system enabled.

Actually the BIS healing is just about syncing three modules to each unit you want it to be active with (which often means playable ones).

nope, you just need to synch it with the group leader, not all units.

@PacUK:

and for the solo? could the BIS healing/wound/drag system be implemented for the solo?

Hello Invasion 1944 team

We all know you since OFP days, Invasion 1944 and Liberation mod were like brothers ever since, challenging each other in every aspect, you did perfect western front battles, Sarmat did perfect eastern front battles.

Times has changed, Liberation mod has reached adulthood and has turned into full game...

The questions is:

What about your Invasion 44 mod ?

Do you have in plan to make full stand-alone game too ?

If yes it would be the same story as 11 years ago...

Lets imagine if your Invasion 1944 mod and Iron Front Liberation 1944 merged in one single product, and the people in one single company.

With such remarkable skills you could dominate the whole WW2 concept games and not even that.

Edited by raptor90

lol ... well if the boys can find the money to pay me half what I'm getting now in RL, I might consider it a "holiday" to mod for 12 months.

....... but sadly I think the banks might think they're too much a risk ;)

But then, theres always Kickstarter LOL

Now come on, why think always about money, L44 and I44 in one professional content/package would be like Counter-Strike from WW2 ( no I don`t mind DoD, but those CS sales... ) :D

........ so you think these really good things happen without money ...... ?!

FYI, BIS didn't give the IF team the game engine with support for free.

....... Well yes, they have licensed that engine ....... ^^

So they taken the risk on their shoulders...

So you can have only further profit from it...

And if you have so good earnings as you typed, why would you not try the risk and increase your and your team salary even more........ ?

....... Well yes, they have licensed that engine ....... ^^

So they taken the risk on their shoulders...

So you can have only further profit from it...

And if you have so good earnings as you typed, why would you not try the risk and increase your and your team salary even more........ ?

Because addon making is a free hobby given for free to others, and that why it's nice.

Because addon making is a free hobby given for free to others, and that why it's nice.

Yes, agree but maybe only in the ideal world...

For clear it out, you can not compare a mod/addon with commercial product.

Citation from their site:

"Invasion 1944 will continue to grow for as long as the team is motivated, we’d love to continue expanding the modification and visit other theaters and include more units, hopefully moving development over to ArmA3 when the game and tools become available. The most motivating factor is by far you, the player, and your feedback."

I think that the community which love I44, L44 would highly appreciate the full commercial, professional version of western and eastern theatre in one game, rather then some mods.

Edited by raptor90

been playing i44 since it came out on flash point 1985..

just bought arma2+OA and downloaded this mod

WOW!

GREAT JOB!

You guys had SO many vehicles units, and armor in the old i44 for flashpoint i couldn't believe it, hope it can be achieved again with this i44.

Just some stuff to think about

some more allied and axis vehicles, sure you guys already have this going

50 or 30 cal on a truck

50 cal on jeep

at least one member of a tank crew to carry either a thompson or greaser same with german side with mp40

more PAK cannons

ability to tow other vehicles mgs or art pieces