Sign in to follow this  
Mark1028

Aliens and UFOs

funnily enough i got stopped by two people on the way home from college who were looking a orange ball of light moving quickly across he sky, not faster then a normal passenger jet, but fast then planes would be flying over my area of dublin, about 5KM from dublin airport

i said to them its probably a Chinese Lateran as ive seen a quite a few flying around my area when it stopped and suddenly shot upwards into the clouds...probably just got caught the wind but their reaction was priceless "oh my god! :O" haha

Why does everyone automatically assume that aliens have to be some kind of superior life form with technology that is way more advanced than us?
I think if we come to a different planet and meet aliens they will be completely different creatures which won’t be as technologically advanced at us and probably won’t even resemble anything we know right now.

General consensus is:

If they come to us, they must be more advanced, as they have mastered interstellar travel, we (currently) on the other hand, struggle to get to the moon.

If we go to them, then we are likely to be more advanced, as we would have mastered interstellar travel.

Third option is we meet somewhere in the middle, a race that is somewhat comparable to us (we have travel, they have travel, approximately the same)

Again: Aliens that would come to this planet tomorrow WOULD be more advanced than us, because we can barely get off this rock, they will have mastered travelling 100's of light years in order to get here...

funnily enough i got stopped by two people on the way home from college who were looking a orange ball of light moving quickly across he sky, not faster then a normal passenger jet, but fast then planes would be flying over my area of dublin, about 5KM from dublin airport

i said to them its probably a Chinese Lateran as ive seen a quite a few flying around my area when it stopped and suddenly shot upwards into the clouds...probably just got caught the wind but their reaction was priceless "oh my god! :O" haha

What you saw was swamp gas.

Another thing to consider is that if an alien race was advanced enough to make it to our solar system and were merely curious about us why would they need to come into our atmosphere to study us?

Currently we have satellites that can spy from orbit. Don't you think that an alien race that has advanced space travel technology can do the same, only better?

Hell, if someone can travel across solar systems/galaxies they could probably spy on us from the moon or mars or even from the edge of our solar system.

General consensus is:

If they come to us, they must be more advanced, as they have mastered interstellar travel, we (currently) on the other hand, struggle to get to the moon.

If we go to them, then we are likely to be more advanced, as we would have mastered interstellar travel.

Third option is we meet somewhere in the middle, a race that is somewhat comparable to us (we have travel, they have travel, approximately the same)

Again: Aliens that would come to this planet tomorrow WOULD be more advanced than us, because we can barely get off this rock, they will have mastered travelling 100's of light years in order to get here...

Hmm that’s true...

Option 4: We go to them, but they are also advanced but they go to someone else who is even more technologically advanced then them and us, because if they did master interstellar travel, why visit a bunch of monkeys?

It could very well be that the missing leap in technology simply stems from some material (element) that simply does not exist on earth. We inherently think of aliens in terms of our own technological advances and limitations that we have come across here on earth.

One show about aliens stated rightfully that aliens dont have to be big: they can allso be so small that human eye dosent see them. In other dimensons there can be different laws of physics that makes everything tiny, or our dimension makes everything big.

One show about aliens stated rightfully that aliens dont have to be big: they can allso be so small that human eye dosent see them. In other dimensons there can be different laws of physics that makes everything tiny, or our dimension makes everything big.

damn nature you scary

It could very well be that the missing leap in technology simply stems from some material (element) that simply does not exist on earth. We inherently think of aliens in terms of our own technological advances and limitations that we have come across here on earth.

That's stretching the boundaries of credibility, I think. We have, or have replicated, elements with every number of protons up to what is seemingly possible. The most massive atoms seem not to hold together for very long (fractions of a second). I don't think that the future holds much excitement for people expecting heretofore undiscovered elements. The most recently 'discovered' ones, such as ununhexium, has a half life of 60ms.

Yea but maybe we haven't found the right combination of elements. Like this transparent aluminium... ;)

Still, for interstellar travel we'd have to find a way to travel faster than light. Or who wants to live for generations on a ship...

Also: how about a fifth option? They are as technologically advanced as we are and have already sent a response to our SETI or satellites?

Still, for interstellar travel we'd have to find a way to travel faster than light. Or who wants to live for generations on a ship...

This would pose a number of problems anyway... Firstly let’s say you live on the ship for 3 generations... Your grand grand grand kids won't even know what the heck to look for on the new planet since they've never been to Earth and know nothing about the old planet and will probably stay on the planet they discovered because they finally got freedom, and who wants to sit on the ship for 3 generations again? So then they will colonise the planet, build pyramids and we will go through human history again until we get to the point where they look for aliens and fly back to Earth to meet them and so on…

But let's say they do decide to get back to Earth and 6 generations later they do... They will probably be scared of people after being isolated for that long (unless the ship is Startreck) and who knows if the space program will even be running on Earth 600 years later :tongue:

This is crazy... Possible but absolutely crazy :biggrin: Let's do it :tongue:

This would pose a number of problems anyway... Firstly let’s say you live on the ship for 3 generations... Your grand grand grand kids won't even know what the heck to look for on the new planet since they've never been to Earth and know nothing about the old planet and will probably stay on the planet they discovered because they finally got freedom, and who wants to sit on the ship for 3 generations again? So then they will colonise the planet, build pyramids and we will go through human history again until we get to the point where they look for aliens and fly back to Earth to meet them and so on…

But let's say they do decide to get back to Earth and 6 generations later they do... They will probably be scared of people after being isolated for that long (unless the ship is Startreck) and who knows if the space program will even be running on Earth 600 years later :tongue:

Sounds like Homeworld combined with human history, I like it.

Also: how about a fifth option? They are as technologically advanced as we are and have already sent a response to our SETI or satellites?

I believe that is known as "Dubstep" :P

again, you are looking at it from the point of view of human logic. whats an alien generation (how old do they get, immortal maybe)? how do their decision making process work? how do they precieve time? applying human psychology?

@Vilas + 1

Why does everyone automatically assume that aliens have to be some kind of superior life form with technology that is way more advanced than us? That they have to look like us, have big eyes and so on... For all we know they might not even have eyes and they might not even interact like we do. Plus if they are intelligent, who says that the technology that they use can be picked up by the technology that we use. Look at all the different species of animals on our own planet (the estimated number is between 4 to 30 million species) and only one of these species, the human species is capable of communicating with a complex language and only one specie is advanced enough to develop any kind of technology, which in itself is actually a miracle.

So what makes people think that if we come to another planet there has to be some intelligent life form there? Furthermore, we have to think outside of our own time zone. Look at the Earth 200 million years ago, there were dinosaurs here. We're at a different stage of evolution, but the planet with aliens might be way more behind than us, so there might still be creatures like dinosaurs there.

I think its basic human instinct to think that there is something higher than us out there because this is the system we encounter since we're born. First our parents are above us, then teachers in school and then when we become adults there is nobody above us so we have to think that there is god/aliens.

I think if we come to a different planet and meet aliens they will be completely different creatures which won’t be as technologically advanced at us and probably won’t even resemble anything we know right now.

Obviously they have to be more advanced. I don't think we will see dinosaurs capable of interstellar travel anytime soon.

Yea but maybe we haven't found the right combination of elements. Like this transparent aluminium... ;)

According to some scientists and physicists, for example Michio Kaku co-founder of the string field theory, time and space is not consistent. In other words you don't really travel that far. Instead you bend space and time so you can get from point A to point B near instantly. Not something you easily explain to someone capable of thinking in 4 dimensions. These physicists figure out theories based on 15 dimensions or more. Maybe that's the reason to why the "aliens" never bothered to contact us. Imagine the frustration trying to explain yourself to a cockroach. - Hey Mr cockroach I'm sooo sorry I have to do this, but we have to run some tests you see. In the end everybody will benefit from this, please try to understand. :j: Maybe those abductions and lost time scenarios are simply animal testing procedures made for reasons too complicated for us to comprehend.

Edited by Fenrisulven

again, you are looking at it from the point of view of human logic. whats an alien generation (how old do they get, immortal maybe)? how do their decision making process work? how do they precieve time? applying human psychology?

But I'm talking about humans on the space ship going to another planet in generations scratch_one-s_head.gif there will be aliens on it too? biggrin.gif

You misunderstood me probably at the part when I said they decide to come back to Earth. I mean that if they colonise the planet and multiply on it, there will be two human races living on two planets Earth and the other planet, unknown to each other because Earth will think that the ship didn't make it and without Earth the space ship crew will have to resort to more or less a primitive way of living and after the original crew dies, their offspring will have to undergo history (similar to ours on Earth ) once again to develop the technology necessary to travel at the speed of light again. Once they do that they will probably not know that they came from Earth anymore and when they do contact Earth they will think that they found aliens but in fact they found their ancestors...

Damn this would make a bad ass movie :butbut:

---------- Post added at 23:54 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Obviously they have to be more advanced. I don't think we will see dinosaurs capable of interstellar travel anytime soon.

Read my post again and carefully and you will see that my post only refers to aliens on a planet that haven’t contacted or visited us yet and the theory of - if we ever go to an alien planet (which I said twice). I never said anything about aliens that visited us. If they did visit us they would obviously need to more advanced than us... I'm not a dinosaur... Or maybe I am Mark1028 :wink_o:

So what makes people think that if we come to another planet there has to be some intelligent life form there?

I think if we come to a different planet

Edited by -Martin-

Speaking of movies. I made one a few years ago while researching this subject, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At5A3buOJOM&context=C3cb6de1ADOEgsToPDskKYJHYJazpiJNY1sJWO1EKm

Like I said I have witnessed some crazy shit that I'm still unable to explain 10+ years later, but I'm open to the idea that it most likely was man made, or a natural phenomenon or sorts :scratchchin:

Awsome video Fenrisulven good.gif Really enjoyed it. I hope I live to see the day when we do meet aliens, if humanity lives to that day that is biggrin.gif

Aliens don't visit Earth, the distances are too great and lets face it there is no evidence of it ever occurring. As for technologically advanced civilisations far in excess of ours, they need a planet around a second generation star on which to evolve. Our sun is one oldest of these, so it's possible we could be one of the most advanced species in our galaxy.

Roswell where all this started?

It was a US test of a balloon to carry spying equipment over the USSR (project Mogul). They got the idea from Japanese fire balloons used during WW2. It wouldn't have gone any further unless someone hadn't released a ridiculous cover story to the press. (I came up with this idea independently before the report on project Mogul was made public)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon#Post_World_War_II

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Mogul

May I suggest a few supposedly hypothetical things?

Ofcourse, don't go all too serious on it, unless you wish to entertain your own brains really.. I have ample understanding of the galaxy, or whater it is called. But my suggestion is quite simple really.

Is it not better to focus on planet Earth, instead misfocussing ourselves on the outerspace, whilst we know for pretty much certain what happens on this planet we live on, whilst we also know gazing won't solve a thing about our problems here..

Another suggestion if I may; Going along the whole debate myself here actually: Do you guys believe in parallel dimensions? As in, imagine yourself to have various forms of Earth each in a different age.. That might mean -- call it far fetched all you want, but I've seen crazier ideas been publicized though.. -- that we're dealing with various stages our planet is in. Ofcourse, nobody had travled back or forth in time, in our living excistance, as in by means of flesh body really.. But as the Earth is round, and has various timezones herself running East to West as being a matter that is confirmed.. Why should such not be the very same for parallel dimensions?

I had seen the word religion being mentioned here and there if I am correctly recalling it though, but bible is quite misinterpreterred I suppose; They talk about deeds in life, as in manner of control right.. Bad goes to hell, good goes to heaven.. Yeah.. So what has that to do with all this? Frankly alot.. But many may not notice though: If up is good, then those who do well, are rewarded another life, upon another planet, yet perhaps as Earth may be the only known planet sustaining life the way it has done up till now, with us thereupon included.. I cannot think of souls of deceased to travel millions of miles really, but instantly going to another life if they'd happen to done well..

Now same for having done bad.. Hell, is reffered to as an inferno.. And Earth's subterranean-mantles are quite just that.. Boily hot molten rock material flowing around.. But it also stand for a downward movement.. Thus that says, not going to an advanced level of Earth, but going to a lower level version really, as equal to traveling back in time, by means of souls going back and forth, once all lifeforms on a current dimension of Earth's timezone as we know it, or parallel to it are fullfilled and lived through.

In that light it should by relative means, not matter much what we do in one life, but what we have done in many.. Why else would people like to focus solely on a monetary matter for example, whilst they fully well know they can't take financial wealth along with them into a next life... That is if you believe in such.. Everyone for themselves.. But hypothetically speaking ofcourse.. And then we have many ancient cultures coming to light.. I don't think we deal with a matter of outerspace, but more like an innerspace really..

No.. The earth is Not hollow as in having holes at or around the Artic or Antartic really.. Or volcanic activity and earthplate tectonics would not be well defined as they are now.. Holes like that, mean a balloon suggestively presented as constantly expanding by means of the Pangea-theory having risen as of late, such would have lead to see Antartica for one, being swallowed hole towards the innerside of Earth that is supposed to be hypothetically there..

Earth has to be solid.. But on the very matter of time.. Nothing has been solidly proven yet! What are your thoughts about this? Why would ancient cultures have such great features bestowed on their knowledge-base whilst we have mere destruction going on all about and around us on this very globe in most cases atleast? Again, this is all merely matter of hypothesis with the intention of stimulating the debate to everyone's own interpretation really.. I figure nobody can be fully right, but until all is absolutely clear, if that even ever will be so, nobody is utterly wrong either. For we think we know alot.. But compared to Dinosaurs having been around, we ain't nothing but Mosquitodung on needle of a clock ticking away the time..

We haven't been around thát long, so how can we even think we have evolved so much, as if to "conquer" space so to say.. Not to us, and certainly not in this planetary destructive way of living.. And worse: One another.. Imagine Africans to be outerspace aliëns.. Would they even want to treat us seriously after what had been done to Africa being looted? Do we really want to spend money on search for other planets, instead of letting that be, and focus on problems here and now? Is it even wise to go out and venture beyond the safe boundaries of what we happen to know? Perhaps people may miss some of the supposed interstellar action going on.. But who says íf we happen to ever stumble into aliëns as seen through the stereotypical classic ways coming from some far distant planet to attack us, or to guide us to some amazing crazy stuff going on.. Who says we would treat them right?? Who says we ain't gonna send nukes after them really, on the very spot they even dare to tiptoe-park their crafts or have their fluïd feet touch the very dew upon "our" lawns??

Mankind has been known to be destructive to it's environment, one another, by means of technology and even before the advent of currently known technology. Are we truly thát interesting for a whole bunch of stereotypically presumed aliën lifeforms, other then being an interstellar sitcom being watched, having our tinfoil hats on, unnoticedly having some binocular-tube sticking through the toilet-drain as we do our things on the toilet? Yeah we may think it's all gross, but who knows what aliëns do like if they'd happen to ever meet us, or are perhaps already amongst us if you will? We do not know..

But I would feel highly uncomfortable to constantly being monitored by an etheral presance buzzing around me in an unseen manner mostly.. Or to some what many refer to as effects of depression, or psychotic episodes even being perceived as reality by means of their minds supposedly playing trick on them, seeing things that are supposedly not there.. But who's to say? How much of our own brains have we actually sifted through and happen to fully know about speaking percentage-wise? And isn't it true that "modern" humans are actually using 24-some percent for actual thinking-processes of solving problems and such?

Would have a mass-piss-your-pants festival going on once we do happen to have an aliën lick the grass in our backyards really.. Especially if they happen to flow right into your body like water, looking at you from inside out, watching through your eyes, smelling scent through your nose, hearing through your ears even, and decide to take you for an odd jog doing things you'd never would've done before whilst having self-control over your own body, where you suddenly find yourself left out of all that...

I'd say, better focus closer to home, and first problems being first served right out of the door before we can talk outerspace with full ease of mind really.. Don't wish to be the running joke of the galaxy along with my brawling bums bruising along..

Any thoughts about this really? Or is thing going too overboard and way too offtopic perhaps?? Let me know please, I'd really like a word from any of you folks with whatever you wish to share about this.. You may even call it utter nonsense of what I have said here really, but let's not forget as some said before.. What we do not understand is often put in the corner as fantasy fables, until proven otherwise.. And yes.. even then we may not comprehend anything from what we experience indeed... I for one hope to never actually meet one of those buggers.. For the biggest aliën danger to my home, is an unwanted person robbing my home empty to feel utterly uncomfortable about if that would happen.. Many times more likely to even become part of people's life experience really... The best known aliëns are those close at home, being separated like strangers like the harmony of a false-tuned orchestra playing a horribly composed tune.. And I'd think such is only the case for mankind herself where it concerns this planet, in this here, and this now we'd happen to be at in our living fleshy form.

Anyways, happy writing if you'd happen to be willing to answer ofcourse. Thanks for reading, and my humble apologies for the word-walls... ;)

Edited by Thani '82

Considering the latest discoveries of extrasolar planets, these "guesses" seem way off. Even with our limited technology we have discovered quite a few rocky planets, several of which are estimated to be in or around their parent star's habitable zone.

So it seems that Earth may not be so unique after all.

What a happy coincidence: Newfound alien planet is best candidate yet to support life, scientists say.

The article was published yesterday. :D

Considering the fact everything is just energy vibrating at different frequencies resulting in manifestation of energy. E = mc². Energy can never be destroyed, only converted, so therefore everything must have been in existence, infinitely? The way we experience reality is limited to the capabilities of our senses. Maybe the reality we experience looks completely different if experienced with different senses. Maybe there are senses that can pick up energy waves making you see through the limits of three dimensional space?

Let's put it this way. Imagine a blind man sitting on top of a mountain. What is real to him is the image of the surrounding created by his brain based solely upon what his senses can register. Now, what if he suddenly could open his eyes and see?

What if we are blind?

"What is ‘real’? How do you define ‘real’? If you mean what we can taste, smell, hear and feel then what’s ‘real’ is nothing more than electrical signals interpreted by your brain." -Morpheus, The Matrix

Hi all

Aliens did it! God did it! My imaginary friend did it! Elvis lives! Freddy Star Ate My Hamster! WW II Bomber Found On Moon!

Everyone is still talking

...BALLS! ...

Until the day ET calls, collect, or we overhear a crossed line, or someone with an alien accent calls to set up our new stargate, followed by some one in an intergallactic call center trying to sell us new soffets and facias for our stargate, if we have a few minutes, have we thought about changing our stargate energy supplier? Damn should have ticked the opt out box on the stargate registration. Or an alien accent calls to say our stargate has been affected by a virus and if we give them our credit card details they will fix it, its spewing spam all over space, what we have not got a stargate in this solar system, ok have you thought about changing you energy suplier...

Or just to say: Whazuuup!

Until that day Everyone is still talking

...BALLS! ...

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker
comedy