yurapetrov

US Coast Guard HH-60J Jayhawk by Yura Petrov

US Coast Guard HH-60J Jayhawk Updated!

hh60j12.jpg

hh60j13.jpg

hh60j14.jpg

Changes

beta 1.3:

- Removed strobe light script by combate tactico from test mission because isn't working with the 1.60 patch;

- Fixed missing texture error "upperpanel_nohq.paa";

- Fixed bug when player can't open cargo door from back seat;

- Fixed bug when player can't open copilot door from gunner seat;

- Fixed bug when player can start folding sequence before rotor blades are stopped rotation after engine off;

- Added ability to open/close side windows from any passenger seat;

- Added restriction to open pilot and copilot doors at speeds exceeding 10 km/h;

- Added third light at bottom which lights in the area under the winch;

- Added some advisory/caution lights on instruments panel.

Download 18MB HH-60J Jayhawk beta v1.3

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21389444/yup_hh60j_beta13.zip

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

...So far so good for the Flight model only issue I'm having right now with the the Helicopters In general is You got to do a night search and Rescue and you get out there only to find that the Spotlight or strobe doesn't hit the waters face instead it shines through and there is no light shed on the situation which makes the Rescue very Challenging and difficult watching the instruments and trying to line up the Basket with the Victims in the water in almost total darkness. If you would like ,I will send you the mission when I'm done with it. So far my only idea was give the survivors in the boat an ace Chem-light attached to them or Mug-lights. I make the survivors shoot flares when they hear the helicopter getting close but even with a flare to mark the Location you cant really see. The Spotlight is an issue with all Arma2 helis I believe and so making a spotlight actually hit the water surface to light up the area will be difficult if not Impossible with the game engine.

Thanks! I added bottom light and i think to add searchlight to pilot, so player can search the survivor. But spotlights are usefull only on surface ;-(

I want to see your mission when its will be finished of course!

He's working on an MH-60L (DAP) right now. He has a pylon system set up so you can load whatever you want on it.

what version the game are you using?

Can you make screenshot's of all errors and especially spinning blimp in cockpit?

I just tested the mission again and everything was fine.

Sorry, but i did not make any islands, only helicopters.

Good luck to creating mission, i would gladly have tried your mission;-)

Still getting an Error something about a Blur.paa or something Im not really bothered by it but thought I would report that. Also Im still getting sytax error about #land light create Vehicel light land pos or something its a long one. But I love it so far so good man. I am still working on the mission I have thought about it and decided that there are Campaigns and missions Galore for USMC and Army But no Hardly any for USCG Let alone a Campaign and I have begun work on one and put halt on my other that is still sitting WIP atm of my Metal Gear solid. I think there needs to be a United States Coast Guard Campaign! Everyone should be shown that USCG is still part of the US armed Forces and Risks their lives as well as everyone else though not in a Battlefield setting per se. They do go against armed people as well. And are put in harms way sometimes more then a person on the front line. With Storms & Hypothermia and Drowning trying to save others.On a daily basis some don't make it. They are somewhat the Unsung heroes of the Armed Forces. Anyway having said that I have made a Rescue mission on its own if you want it separately no actual Task points and briefing as of yet however. Im trying to fine tune and decide if I want other mods in it. I have already gathered all COast guard mods and other mods to use for a Campaign however Im an ACE user so... you'll most likely have to have ace to play the mission unitl I make a No ace version. I love the Helicopter though and it has Beautiful throttle control which works perfectly to fine tune for the Pickup.

I made MH-60J. It's armed version of HH-60J "Jayhawk". I used BIS machinegun M240 and made my own gun mount.

mh60j1.jpg

mh60j2.jpg

mh60j3.jpg

mh60j4.jpg

ha! perfect time, today I was wondering what had happened to the guy who was working on the -60 series helicopters. :)

That looks great! Any thoughts about adding it to your Seahawk(s)? It's the same pindle mount and weapons system.

That looks great! Any thoughts about adding it to your Seahawk(s)? It's the same pindle mount and weapons system.

I want to add .50 cal machinegun to Seahawk ;-)

US Coast Guard HH-60J Jayhawk UPDATED

Changes

beta 1.4:

- Added MH-60J armed version of HH-60J Jayhawk;

- Minor changes in textures, actions.

Download 24MB HH-60J Jayhawk beta v1.4

http://i.minus.com/1345325796/wG15ENQNNro1dCbsTbEVJw/d8DvhysK3985m/yup_hh60j_beta14.zip

About the hoisting:There are a Winchoperator there that calls out "Left 10" and so on to the pilot to correct his flying to get the victim.There is a Video screen in the left seat to see with the onboard camera next to the spotlight.

Will there be an ability to Eject Stores on the DAP?

Great work! Fantastic!

About the hoisting:There are a Winchoperator there that calls out "Left 10" and so on to the pilot to correct his flying to get the victim.There is a Video screen in the left seat to see with the onboard camera next to the spotlight.

Great work! Fantastic!

Well, i think a good winch script is possible to make only in Arma 3. I tried to make good script in Arma 2 using HEDU_rope, but i fails, my script contains a lot of bug, errors, like basket is sink in water, basket is not interaction with the helicopter body, it can move through helicopter and it very lag system. I will not make eject stores ability on the DAP, i really think that this think is not necessary.

hedurope.jpg

By the way, i added metall net on the floor of basket, so it looks better

litterj.jpg

Great work! Fantastic!

built-in ejecting stores could be "cheating feature" of unit ;-)

Is it possible to get the HH-60H along with the J version? Some background info:

The HH-60H was developed beginning in September 1986 with a contract for the first five helicopters. The variant's first flight occurred on 17 August 1988. The HH-60H was developed in conjunction with the US Coast Guard's HH-60J. Deliveries of the HH-60H began in 1989. The variant earned initial operating capability in April 1990. The HH-60H's official DoD and Sikorsky name is Seahawk, though it has been called "Rescue Hawk".

Based on the SH-60F, the HH-60H is the primary combat search and rescue (CSAR), naval special warfare (NSW) and anti-surface warfare (ASUW) helicopter. It carries a variety of defensive and offensive sensors making it one of the most survivable helicopters in the world. Sensors include a FLIR turret with laser designator and the Aircraft Survival Equipment (ASE) package including the ALQ-144 Infrared Jammer, AVR-2 Laser Detectors, APR-39(V)2 Radar Detectors, AAR-47 Missile Launch Detectors and ALE-47 chaff/flare dispensers. Additionally, airframe improvements in engine exhaust deflectors provide infrared thermal reduction reducing the threat of heat-seeking missiles. The HH-60H can carry up to four AGM-114 Hellfire missiles on an extended wing using the M299 launcher and a variety of cabin and port window mounted guns including M60D, M240, GAU-16 and GAU-17/A machine guns.

The HH-60H's standard crew is pilot, copilot, an enlisted crew chief, and two door gunners. The HH-60H is operated by Helicopter Antisubmarine (HS) squadrons with a standard dispersal of four F-models and three H-models. In Iraq, HH-60Hs were used by the Navy, assisting the Army, for MEDEVAC purposes and special operations missions. As the Navy transitions its Helicopter Antisubmarine (HS) squadrons to the MH-60S, remaining HH-60Hs are being transferred to its East and West coast special operations squadrons (HSC-84 and HSC-85, respectively).

Any chance of your Blackhawks taking full advantage of the Take on Helicopters flight model? :p

Any chance of your Blackhawks taking full advantage of the Take on Helicopters flight model? :p

I don't have ToH, sorry ;-(

I would like to say that your helicopter is amazing.Arming it with a M-240 was a brilliant idea.I was wondering if you are plannig on making a US Navy version armed with a M2.It would look really nice.If you are I am scale modeller and I am planning on buying a kit a of the HH-60h late version rescue helicopter.If you want me I can sent you some pcis if you are interested.

Hey yura, I know your specialty is not character models but I was watching the movie the Gaurdian yesterday and It got me thinking about your HH60J, Have you thought about making yourself or having someone else make Rescue swimmers and HH60 Crew members for your helicopter (Ones that represent USCG personel a little better than USMC Pilots with Orange flight suits and blue helmets?) Just thought I'd run that by you, I love the Jayhawk by the way, best helicopter in the game :)

It will be good, if someone makes Coast Guard Crew and Rescue swimmer. I dont have character model experience, i dont know how to make infantry model, so i will continue making choppers;-)