Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

If anybody makes any missions that support PCDF, please notify me and I'll add you to the list on the front page!

EDIT:

So I thought I'd list a few of my plans that I have for 1.09 and see if I could get some feedback from you guys.

Planned content

- AsierB's CDF Assault police squad (sorta like that Kinzhal, but for CDF)

- AsierB's Western CDF Paratroopers

- Armed civilian factions for all three sides (Blue, Red, Independent), this will give some freedom to mission designers/add to the environment of a war-torn country in which civilians have banded together to resist ANY sort of armed forces presence as well as civilians taking up arms on behalf of one side or another

- Further content added to the Russian Federation on opfor

- SU-24 (thank you to Wld427. I've been sitting on this MLOD for a very long time, I think I should probably use it :))

- BTR-70 (thank you to RHS mod team and Manfred for providing it)

- Further fixing up of older textures that are not of the quality I wish them to be (BTR-40, BTR-60, SU-25, L-39, etc)

- T-55 variants provided by R0adki11

- T-62 modernized (which I will be making off of the current T-62 MLOD from Rygugu)

- More weapons from the Vilas Eastern Weapons pack will be utilized (they will be put into PCDF_Weapons and have unique configs as to not conflict with the original version of the addon)

- M-113 with ZU-23 on top for CDF

- BMP-2 with ZU-23 on top for PRSZ

Any other suggestions/comments?

Edited by GossamerSolid

Sounds good! Can I suggest a MTLB and a BMP2 with ZU23 for the cdf too. I personally like to keep the CDF using old Soviet equipment mostly but that me. The BTR 60 camo which you mentioned needs to be uniform with the rest of the CDF.

I'd also like to see a MI-2 but not sure there is one out there.

What ever happened to the BMP chassis with towed gun mounted on top (D30 122mm ????) ?

I think the MT-LB would be awesome with the ZU-23! Also what about the ZPU-4 on the M113 ? I think PRACS has a nice ZPU4 model.

-Chapman

In the ArmA maps of Takistan/Green Sea Region there are two countries bordering Takistan: Ardistan and Karzeghistan. I dunno if this would be considered too far out of PCDF's 'scope' but it would be cool if you could expand on those two countries and turn them into in game factions to go along with CDF/PRSZ. Ardistan and Takistan are strong supporters of PSRZ, Karzeghistan and Chernarus oppose PRSZ...huge regional war breaks out... :) would be cool. If thats too far out of the spectrum though oh well. Just an idea that popped in my head tonight.

Any issues with the 1.08 download ? I cannot download that from Armaholic, i tried either two links !

Winrar says the files are corrupted, cannot unpack them.

09 will be just epic!

The only other thing I can think of is more stuff, dirt, wear and tear on western CDF equipment - not much of that around in ArmAverse.

Most of the vehicle textures in ArmA are so clean I feel like i'm in a car show rather then combat!

Some examples from RL:

http://www.veteran.com/files/images/m60_tank1.jpg

http://de.academic.ru/pictures/dewiki/109/m1-a1_abrams_1.jpg

http://digilander.libero.it/lagunaricrespino/M113.jpg

http://www.lagunablanca.org/userfiles/studentsites/appsspring08/ro/Images/humvee_turret_300.jpg

And some NBC units wouldn't hurt(our military for example still use this kind of old US NBC equipment)

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3500/20cbf/products/884/images/9254/001__14250.1348538902.1280.1280.jpg

http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server3500/20cbf/products/884/images/9256/003__36419.1348538908.1280.1280.jpg

Congrats on your new release GossamerSolid :)

Sounds good! Can I suggest a MTLB and a BMP2 with ZU23 for the cdf too. I personally like to keep the CDF using old Soviet equipment mostly but that me. The BTR 60 camo which you mentioned needs to be uniform with the rest of the CDF.

I'd also like to see a MI-2 but not sure there is one out there.

Yeah I can do the MTLB and BMP2 for the CDF. I don't have access to an MLOD for the MI-2 though, so that won't happen at this point in time.

What ever happened to the BMP chassis with towed gun mounted on top (D30 122mm ????) ?

Also what about the ZPU-4 on the M113 ? I think PRACS has a nice ZPU4 model.

-Chapman

I'll see if I can get the ZPU-4 model first, then we'll figure out what vehicle it's going to go on :)

In the ArmA maps of Takistan/Green Sea Region there are two countries bordering Takistan: Ardistan and Karzeghistan. I dunno if this would be considered too far out of PCDF's 'scope' but it would be cool if you could expand on those two countries and turn them into in game factions to go along with CDF/PRSZ. Ardistan and Takistan are strong supporters of PSRZ, Karzeghistan and Chernarus oppose PRSZ...huge regional war breaks out... :) would be cool. If thats too far out of the spectrum though oh well. Just an idea that popped in my head tonight.

I would love in the long-run to extend the entire green sea area, but I'm not going to make promises at this point in time.

09 will be just epic!

The only other thing I can think of is more stuff, dirt, wear and tear on western CDF equipment - not much of that around in ArmAverse.

Most of the vehicle textures in ArmA are so clean I feel like i'm in a car show rather then combat!

I don't have the skills at this point in time to make convincing dirty textures. I've tried and honestly, it looks a lot worse than it being clean.

When I eventually am able to make convincing dirt, I will definitely start applying it to the vehicles.

Any issues with the 1.08 download ? I cannot download that from Armaholic, i tried either two links !

Winrar says the files are corrupted, cannot unpack them.

It's working fine for me. Tested with:

- WinRAR 4.20 x64

- 7-Zip 9.20 x64

I packed the archive with 7-Zip, but WinRAR opens it fine for me. You might need to update your WinRAR if you are having problems. Alternatively, download 7-Zip:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Edited by GossamerSolid

SA-13...can't remember if its in there already or not. Maybe the SA-8 and SA-6 as well. I know there is an SA-8 out there, but it requires me to use like 2 other addons just to use the CDF skin....would rather cut down on the amount of addons used. PRACS has both, maybe Wld427 will be generous enough to give you permission to use.

Also, still planning on getting that An-72 in there? I recall you saying you got permission to use it a while back...could be mistaken though

SA-13...can't remember if its in there already or not. Maybe the SA-8 and SA-6 as well. I know there is an SA-8 out there, but it requires me to use like 2 other addons just to use the CDF skin....would rather cut down on the amount of addons used. PRACS has both, maybe Wld427 will be generous enough to give you permission to use.

Also, still planning on getting that An-72 in there? I recall you saying you got permission to use it a while back...could be mistaken though

Right, I have the SA-6 and SA-13 MLODs, just need the SA-8 (I'll ask Wld427 sometime on skype).

I did get permission to include the AN-72 PBO. I think I tried to re-skin it and I messed up and then forgot to give it another go.

I don't have the skills at this point in time to make convincing dirty textures. I've tried and honestly, it looks a lot worse than it being clean.

When I eventually am able to make convincing dirt, I will definitely start applying it to the vehicles.

And that is the right solution.

Looking forward to 09!

Also add a marksman and an RPK74 autorifleman to the CDF Spetznaz. I seem to have command issue with the CDF special forces, not sure if anyone else gets this?

Also add a marksman and an RPK74 autorifleman to the CDF Spetznaz. I seem to have command issue with the CDF special forces, not sure if anyone else gets this?

Could you elabroate on what you mean by "command issue"?

It's working fine for me. Tested with:

- WinRAR 4.20 x64

- 7-Zip 9.20 x64

I packed the archive with 7-Zip, but WinRAR opens it fine for me. You might need to update your WinRAR if you are having problems. Alternatively, download 7-Zip:

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Okay it works with this 7-zip. Thank you ! :)

Hi GossamerSolid! Love the new update and the FNCs look so much better now :) Oh btw, I love what you did with the SKS, seems Chernorussian gunsmiths are pretty innovative :D

since you were asking for ideas for 1.09, well, how about:

the MTLB family

SA-8

(as mentioned quite a couple of times here allready)

and, how about a 'early after the breakaway from the soviet union' type of soldiers. using the vanilla russians but retex'd in CDF colours. ? Okay, they wouldn't have Backpack capability but to be honest, I think they look better than Nixos'.

Finally: How about an SU-17/22 for the CDF? Maybe WLD is kind enough to allow it?

looking forward to the new content!

Could you elabroate on what you mean by "command issue"?

Hi, i've had it before with them. Examples being when i set a helicopter for them to get in only some do. Also when using the First Aid mod they struggle to move when there are enemy soldiers wounded, they judder along with only a few steps and don't start running until the enemy have bled out.

Hi, i've had it before with them. Examples being when i set a helicopter for them to get in only some do. Also when using the First Aid mod they struggle to move when there are enemy soldiers wounded, they judder along with only a few steps and don't start running until the enemy have bled out.

And this happens specifically with my units, nobody else's (that includes BIS)?

Hi GossamerSolid! Love the new update and the FNCs look so much better now :) Oh btw, I love what you did with the SKS, seems Chernorussian gunsmiths are pretty innovative :D

since you were asking for ideas for 1.09, well, how about:

the MTLB family

SA-8

(as mentioned quite a couple of times here allready)

and, how about a 'early after the breakaway from the soviet union' type of soldiers. using the vanilla russians but retex'd in CDF colours. ? Okay, they wouldn't have Backpack capability but to be honest, I think they look better than Nixos'.

Finally: How about an SU-17/22 for the CDF? Maybe WLD is kind enough to allow it?

looking forward to the new content!

I like your idea about the "early" troops and it's definitely easy to do as the CDF and Russian soldiers share most of their textures, should be an easy task.

Wld427 previously mentioned he could probably get me the SU-17/22 once he was done with it.

Just the CDF special forces. I had this problem when I downloaded them from the original creator! Not sure if anyone else has this

Just the CDF special forces. I had this problem when I downloaded them from the original creator! Not sure if anyone else has this

The CDF Special forces uses the Russian special forces model included with ArmA 2. See if the problem is there too.

The CDF Special forces uses the Russian special forces model included with ArmA 2. See if the problem is there too.

I did and I don't seem to, will try some more stuff tonight

I did and I don't seem to, will try some more stuff tonight

Are you running the PCDF with any other Mods such as AI enhancement mods?

Any other suggestions/comments?

How about some updated UNO units and vehicles. give them some of PCDF's firepower. They aren't really a full fledged faction at the moment.

How about some updated UNO units and vehicles. give them some of PCDF's firepower. They aren't really a full fledged faction at the moment.

Well the UN arnt really meant to be imho. They are peacekeepers.

I have had no issues with the special forces.

I would like to see more desert vehicles for the CDF and the PT-76 to make an appearance because it hardly gets any attention at all.