Sign in to follow this  
gossamersolid

Project CDF

Indeed! A PT76 would be nice! sort of for the CDFs naval infantry...

noticed something with the russian Mig-29:

the elevators still move in the wrong direction...take a fligt in 3d person view and either climb or descend a bit and you'll notice it.

Edited by FLv*VeNoM*

Indeed! A PT76 would be nice! sort of for the CDFs naval infantry...

noticed something with the russian Mig-29:

the elevators still move in the wrong direction...take a fligt in 3d person view and either climb or descend a bit and you'll notice it.

If you'll remember, I mentioned to you that the Mig-29 MLOD was binarised by accident and that I wouldn't be re-doing the model anytime soon :)

I would like to see more desert vehicles for the CDF and the PT-76 to make an appearance because it hardly gets any attention at all.

I'd love to add the PT-76, but I do not have access to a model.

PT-76 is rather rarely used in post-Soviet countries. The only war it took part is Chechen one. And, if I'm not mistaken, after 1991 all of them were on the territory of Russian Federation or belonged to its detachments situated in other countries, none of other ex-USSR countries got them. Moreover, nobody wanted to get them after 1991.

PT-76 is rather rarely used in post-Soviet countries. The only war it took part is Chechen one. And, if I'm not mistaken, after 1991 all of them were on the territory of Russian Federation or belonged to its detachments situated in other countries, none of other ex-USSR countries got them. Moreover, nobody wanted to get them after 1991.

Yeah a lot of them mostly went to African nations.

It was phased out as recon tank early, the only one who used it were some of Naval Infantry detachments and, after 1991, Ministry of Interior affairs troops. And most of Naval Infantry forces passed to Russia. So I see a little chance for PT-76 to be used in Chernarussia by CDF or PRSZ:)

Any chance of seeing some new taki infantry? Something more modernized than their current setup? A time period that would be post US invasion, not much different militarily other than stepped up infantry to combat the new CDF desert forces.

Lennard has some retextured units already done with tropical looking DPM here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13158 ....maybe you could get permission to use them, and swap out the older Russian helmets with something like the basic kevlars you have on your Macedonian troops, or maybe even the Czech troops helmet. Units from Vilas character pack would work great too if you were able to get permission. Get rid of their FAL's, M16's, PKM, etc. and replace it with something unique, Vilas weapon pack has Galil's which I've yet to see in an ArmA faction, or maybe an HK33. SF troops could be a little more westernized and based off of some of the stuff we see today in Iraq visually, armed with something like the TAR-21 variants.

I know the main focus here is CDF/PRSZ but I feel like ArmA is lacking in the capable desert military's department I feel like if Takistan's infantry were stepped up and improved on they would be a much more deadly and intimidating. It would also make for some good missions with your new desert CDF infantry.

Also can you do some work with French Troops and focussing on the Napoleonic era! ;)

Sorry for the lack of communication guys, I've been sick and I have exams, worst combination ever.

Any chance of seeing some new taki infantry? Something more modernized than their current setup? A time period that would be post US invasion, not much different militarily other than stepped up infantry to combat the new CDF desert forces.

Lennard has some retextured units already done with tropical looking DPM here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13158 ....maybe you could get permission to use them, and swap out the older Russian helmets with something like the basic kevlars you have on your Macedonian troops, or maybe even the Czech troops helmet. Units from Vilas character pack would work great too if you were able to get permission. Get rid of their FAL's, M16's, PKM, etc. and replace it with something unique, Vilas weapon pack has Galil's which I've yet to see in an ArmA faction, or maybe an HK33. SF troops could be a little more westernized and based off of some of the stuff we see today in Iraq visually, armed with something like the TAR-21 variants.

I know the main focus here is CDF/PRSZ but I feel like ArmA is lacking in the capable desert military's department I feel like if Takistan's infantry were stepped up and improved on they would be a much more deadly and intimidating. It would also make for some good missions with your new desert CDF infantry.

I don't have any plans for taki stuff quite yet. I know Wld427 has done some work for the Takis in his Takistani Extension that works with PRACS.

As for Galils, I don't think an Arab nation would arm themselves with a "zionist" made weapon.

The TA faction is already decent. With the PRAC TK extension, and the proper ORBAT, they pose a formidable force if used correctly.

What is honestly needed is more maps. A complete map of Takistan would be in order since it would at-last connect it's borders to that of the neighbors, and open up a large range of possibilities.

They don't hesitate to use "Uzi" though

I'm just looking at the users of the Galil and making a judgement based on that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Galil#Users

The TA faction is already decent. With the PRAC TK extension, and the proper ORBAT, they pose a formidable force if used correctly.

What is honestly needed is more maps. A complete map of Takistan would be in order since it would at-last connect it's borders to that of the neighbors, and open up a large range of possibilities.

This is pretty much outside of the scope of my mod right now. Neither do I have anybody who could design the map.

Yeah good point I guess, I was trying to find something weapon wise that was out of the ordinary and I saw in vilas pack he had the Galil. Didn't really give much thought into the whole users aspect. I forgot about the PRACS TK extension (even though I just dl'd the new version....:p).

The TK extension adds a lot, but the size they give for the Special Brigade shouldn't be taken as an absolute due to the actual size of Takistan. Adjusting for it's size, you could have 5 Corps, or 20-25 Divisions easily, or easily three-four times that number in Brigades. Supporting elements would be a four to one per, to keep the math simple, so overall you end up with a massive amount of equipment and troops. This is more than enough to at-least maintain parity with the majority of the neighboring countries.

The town of Nur, in Takistan, is already on the border with Ardistan, (an Iran simile,) with a large gap between there and the Qom map. To fill the blank I simple placed the PMC 51km map with towns in the middle; they are numbered with no names, making it an easy large choice as a filler, and it the terrain is basically similar. This allows for Divisional sized movement, making it easy for your own protracted SP or MP wargames.

It also provides a large map for correct logistical maneuvers and times of passage from point to point.

Edited by mannequin

The TK extension adds a lot, but the size they give for the Special Brigade shouldn't be taken as an absolute due to the actual size of Takistan. Adjusting for it's size, you could have 5 Corps, or 20-25 Divisions easily, or easily three-four times that number in Brigades. Supporting elements would be a four to one per, to keep the math simple, so overall you end up with a massive amount of equipment and troops. This is more than enough to at-least maintain parity with the majority of the neighboring countries.

The town of Nur, in Takistan, is already on the border with Ardistan, (an Iran simile,) with a large gap between there and the Qom map. To fill the blank I simple placed the PMC 51km map with towns in the middle; they are numbered with no names, making it an easy large choice as a filler, and it the terrain is basically similar. This allows for Divisional sized movement, making it easy for your own protracted SP or MP wargames.

It also provides a large map for correct logistical maneuvers and times of passage from point to point.

Perhaps try to stay on topic, not sure how that is releated to PCDF.

@GossamerSolid any news on your next update, im quite keen to see what you do with the T62 ERA version and how its like the T55 ERA i did for my Nogovan Units :)

@GossamerSolid any news on your next update, im quite keen to see what you do with the T62 ERA version and how its like the T55 ERA i did for my Nogovan Units :)

No news yet, working on a couple of projects (not related to ArmA2) that are taking up my time.

It roughly outlines the sizes and minor possibilities.

It roughly outlines the sizes and minor possibilities.

I understand that, but you are referring to a faction outside the scope of the PCDF.

While these are good suggestions, I don't quite have the time or energy to put into making that large of an expansion of PCDF.

I might just leave it up to another member in the community and let them do it.

Remember, I never did addons prior to PCDF. Throughout working on PCDF, I know understand how to use Oxygen2 and how to do texturing jobs.

A lot of content I use in PCDF was provided to me by friends and I'm sure they'd be willing to help other people looking to make content as well :)

I think it has been a great job to date, and that outside of a few minor items---that are easily compensated for, it is a good workable structure.

I think it has been a great job to date, and that outside of a few minor items---that are easily compensated for, it is a good workable structure.

Thanks man, I'm glad you enjoy the fruits of my labour.

Will the paratroopers be in the next version by any chance?

They are planned for next version.

As for a release date for next version, couldn't even tell you, I'm not going to make any promises or estimate any dates as it will probably not go according to plan.

I think the newest Vila's addon M1117 would of fit for CDF the best as a main APC or something don't you think? :'D

I think the newest Vila's addon M1117 would of fit for CDF the best as a main APC or something don't you think? :'D

I had it in mind for PCDF when I saw Vilas make the post.